로그인에 문제가 생겼어요.
잠시만 기다려주세요!!!

VApp VLive
There was a problem logging in.
Please wait!!!

Imagen

• Like 2

SISYPHUS PHOT

[Episode 2] The remaining lotto numbers are rewarded☆ Seohae leaves for Busan to meet Taesul!

2021-02-19 PM 3:41:24 Views 475

20210219_154119_4754.jpg

mtv.jtbc.joins.com/photo/pr100112

73/pm10061799/detail/18070

Sisyphus The Myth Top 15 on Netflix WorldWide

#1 : South Korea, Hongkong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
#2 : Philippines
#
3 : Singapore
#7 : Qatar
#8 : Saudi Arabia
#9 : Bangladesh
#10 : Nigeria 

Imagen

73/pm10061799/detail/18073

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[Kdrama Fashion]
Who: Park Shin-Hye
What: BRIDE AND YOU
2020SS Collection
Where: Sisyphus:The Myth Episode

#parkshinhyestyle #parkshinhyefashion #sisyphusthemyth

#박신혜패션 #박신혜스타일 #시지프스themyth

#브라이드앤유 #BRIDEANDYOU

cr. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLeS4HAnA86/

Imagen

img.gif

cr. @bbeumshinhye

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I am rewatching scenes

points of note

- when SH’s dad tells her NOT to look for Han TSul at all cost, her retort to him was, “Then what about mom? What if she dies?”  So the death of her mom is somehow linked to TSul.  I get the feeling that SH needs to find TSul to save her mom.  She (her mom) may have perished in the (Nuclear?) Holocaust?

The writer did say in the Press Con (?) interview that this drama was written when the imminent threat of war (with North Korea) was hovering over the South.  Where the North was pointing warheads in their direction.  So the exploration of “what if” was penned in the plot line.

- TSan said he saw the immigrants with suitcases.  People who aren’t from this world were living amongst them.  He also said they were looking for TSul.  Do all of them do that?  Not just SH?  So their primary objective when they do come back was to find TSul? 

Other thoughts

People who have seen these immigrants were killed?  The CoPilot was killed.  Was he killed by the Control Bureau?  He was roughed up when he appeared before TSul’s car.  He seemed to imply that the CB were the ones who did that to him.  Was he roughed up and warned to stay silent?  But he didn’t.  He was going to talk to a reporter.  And that led to his demise.  The guy at the CB who visited the restaurant owner said that anyone who was in contact with them would need to be quarantined.  Eek this film is really hitting home with the pandemic (close contacts are to quarantine ).  Why then did he opt to kill him?  Instead of just taking him to quarantine?  Was it because he asked too many questions?  Questioned their “authority”?  Their cars were labeled “On Government Duty”?  So they were part of the government?   The only difference I can find between how both were dealt with was the fact that the CoPilot had a family (he looked at the picture of his wife and daughter before he turned the ignition of his car which led to the explosion).  The restaurant owner said he lived alone.  

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Are TS' friend Eddy Kim and exGF Seo Jin also part of the legal immigrant?  Eddy Kim obviously tries hard to steer Quantum and Time's success.  Seo Jin is privy to TS' mind and thoughts as his therapist.  What's the chance that these two were lifted out of their second class citizenship into the present world to help the legal travelers.

I like this thought.  TSan had this strange look on his face and seemed to use his hand to hide his face when Eddy Kim came out to try to drag TSul back into the shareholders meeting.  It happened as soon as TSan mentioned people with suitcases.  TSul takes the meds every time he hallucinates about his brother.  Ex gf SeoJin may have been there to monitor TSul and keep him drugged up and disconnected from his brother (and memories of him which could lead him down the path of investigating the connection between the 2 worlds).  When TSul insinuated that they were both an item, they didn’t look particularly pleased or comfortable with the connection.  So TSul got it right when he linked the 2 together.  But they were accomplices not a romantic item.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

Stay (tempus)

She says just go
I turn around
To this place
Again today

As if I’m standing in the past
Always with a shadowy face
Can you see me looking at you?

Just stay here close to me
On this last day, with me
Stay with me
Stay with me

Please stay here close to me
Please help me breathe again
Stay with me
Stay with me

I thought it was over
As if I saw you for the last time

Under this vast universe
My hand felt so small
But you held it, baby

Stay with me
Stay with me

Please stay here close to me
Please help me breathe again
Stay with me
Stay with me

I’d rather watch me hurt baby
Stay with me
It feels like a thousand years
Till I could get up again
It felt like I was alone
Going in circles, running in place

Stay with me
Stay with me

Stay with me

https://lyricstranslate.com/es/stay-stay-tempus.html

GSoul (지소울) - Stay (tempus) Sisyphus: The Myth OST Part 1 [시지프스 OST Part 1] Lyrics/가사 [Han|Rom|Eng]

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi everyone! So many theories and we're only on episode 2!

Like many of you, I have similar thoughts such as there are multiple timelines due to time travel. Like the title Sisyphus suggests, the protagonists are stuck in an eternal loop of traveling back to the past, failing, and traveling back again. The beginning shows Seo Hae's first trip to the past, and I believe we've skipped ahead of time to the present, where this is no longer her first time to the past, but another "redo" from her perspective. How many times she's travel to the past is unknown, but the next clue tells me that she's overdone it. 

We find out from Tae Sul that his brother's DNA doesn't match the deceased brother's DNA. It could be that the person who the police identified as his brother isn't actually his brother. But my theory is the act of time traveling rewrites a person's DNA. Hence the geiger meters, radioactive suits, and the ID tattoos on their skin. If Seo Hae is constantly traveling back to the past, then her cells have been rewritten who knows how many times. And if her molecular structure is weakened by each rewrite, it would eventually no longer hold, and she would disappear from existence. I think this explains why she's phasing in and out of existence in episode 2.

I also like that someone made the connection of the smuggler/illegal time traveling aspect of this due to the social and economical caste. Makes me wonder who has time traveled legally, and are they the ones pulling the strings behind the Control Bureau. 

I agree some aspects of the drama that we expected to be rooted in reality come off as unrealistic. I understand the criticism. The editing is a bit off at times and degrades the show as cliche or cartoonish. The plane scene is a ploy to add some excitement and show off Tae Sul's genius. It's weird, but very entertaining. So I don't mind it. The DNA from ash scene is more questionable. The more realistic choice would be to simply find a strand of hair from his brother's belongings, which I understand is not as funny as raiding his brother's urn in public. I just don't think this show needs to have funny moments that feels forced. It's already established that Tae Sul comes off as flippant to cover up his psychological and emotional pain. He's Tony Stark, yadda yadda.

For some strange reason, I think most Asian sci-fi shows tend to portray the protagonist this way. I call this the Sherlock Holmes syndrome. Behold the unassuming, charismatic weirdo who's actually a genius with a dark past. We see this in Jdramas A LOT (HERO, Galileo, Mr. Brain). The only sci-fi Kdrama in my memory that really does sci-fi justice with a sophisticated tone is Joseon Files (I'm still mad that they didn't get a second season). I think adding these silly and unrealistic action scenes is an ill-attempt to make sci-fi shows more palatable to the mainstream audience. And it's like... give your audience some credit. We're smart, we can figure it out. Sci-fi viewers thrive on fan theories and catching obscure clues in every little detail.

That said, I'm still really invested in the characters and immersed in the story. It helps that I'm a total CSW fan as well. I think he's still finding the character, and he'll get better deeper into the episodes. I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

Imagen

CAPTION

[조매모.zip] 시지프스 한태술 vs 라이프 구승효
어차피 정답은 조승우! 조승우 매력 말해 모해! 

하나의 세계, 두 개의 미래 <시지프스: the myth>
매주 수목 밤 9시 방송

[Cho Mae Mo.zip] Sisyphus Han Tae-Sul vs Life Koo Seung-hyo
Anyway, the correct answer is Seung-woo Cho! Cho Seung-woo tell me your charms! 

One world, two futures <Sisyphus: the myth>
Broadcast every Wednesday at 9 p.m.

cr: https://instagram.com/p/CLf_W13nVUu/?igshid=oucem515ej3a

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

The antagonist:
- A rich man from the future who came to settle legally in the past, at a time before the drama began. Even far before.
- This rich man is part of the hero's environment (perhaps Kim Han Yong, the character played by old actor Jeon Gook Hwan).

You have a point here.  Kim Han Young could be the time traveler from the future, whether he is a legal or illegal immigrant is unclear.  He must have come back for a greater purpose other than to repeat his life again.  He's already an old man in 2020 so it doesn't make sense why he chose to return to this timeline and not earlier.  However, he is around in 2020 as a board member/investor? at the time that Quantum and Time takes off as an IPO.  He's the one to watch!

14 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

So I'm wondering is our Quantum and Time creator hero is the Sisyphus in the story. He was already shot and woke up but all the memories intact.

Tae Sul already time traveled I think cuz he stepped on and crushed Tae San's cellphone in the old company but woke up finding the phone intact in the suitcase/vault after the Immigrant Control Bureau guys released him.  He was also showed shot in the head.  If he has created the time traveling port at wedding time, I can't imagine he not used it to reverse what happened to her. 

I noticed HS bled around her abdomen in 2020, almost same place where she was shot on her wedding day.  Was she injured during the fights I don't recall.  Or is this signifying that her injuries could not be healed or some events can not be changed even as she travels through different time zones?

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

TSan said he saw the immigrants with suitcases.  People who aren’t from this world were living amongst them.  He also said they were looking for TSul.  Do all of them do that?  Not just SH?  So their primary objective when they do come back was to find TSul? 

Other thoughts

People who have seen these immigrants were killed?  The CoPilot was killed.  Was he killed by the Control Bureau? 

When TSul insinuated that they were both an item, they didn’t look particularly pleased or comfortable with the connection.  So TSul got it right when he linked the 2 together.  But they were accomplices not a romantic item.  

When Tae San tried to warn TSul about the people with suitcases looking for him, maybe it means they come to warn Tsul about his invention and the terrible repercussions of what he will be doing with Quantum and Time.  I don't feel they are going to harm him.  The Immigration Control Bureau guys can't harm TS either I think because their existence depends on his actions in the future.  It's loopy LOL

For now, all we know is people who knows the existence of time travelers need to be silenced but the time travelers need to be captured alive and quarantined at the base.  The pilot saw the suitcase so he was silenced by CB. The Chinese restaurant owner also saw HS in the CCTV.

More and more, I think the main purpose is to push Quantum n Time to develop this time machine.  TS might be the inventor but he is not necessary the only one that can develop the time machine.  The time travelers come from the future so they already have the technology to make it without TS. They just need TS not to interfere with the progress.  I don't see the old man cares much about TS personally in the preview. It's just my feeling.

Seo Jin is Kim Han Young's daughter according to the cast list.  If Eddie Kim knows her, then the three of them must share a past.  Yes, I think we are on the right track, they are not linked romantically but she is Tae Sul's exGF so how does she feel about Tae San or his death?  The body in the morgue was disfigured purposely and she became his therapist afterward.  Eddie Kim seemed angry at Tae Sul's dug addiction, was it a ruse cuz he kept asking TS to go to therapy?

@agenthYeah, that was weird, how they come barreling down the old shed looking for Tae Sul.  Like they know where he is going to be.  I was not sure if they actually want the suitcase content or care about it?  Someone wrote the warning in the wall but didn't look for the suitcase in the room?

About HS pic, I figured they have to find the photo of HS in that time zone, wearing specific clothing with the right description.  I think she may look different in her other time traveling times.

@KY Lhello welcome. Great ideas.  I like your concept of DNA mutation (?), maybe this is why she needs to recharge by meeting the broker CEO Park, Sung Dong Il's character. 

YES to the reason why her physical matter decomposes and body flickers.  Is this the radioactive material that CB is measuring? Carbon decomposition linked with radioactive material.  Thus why they wear masks as protection also.  YES also to the many signs that HS has matured as a warrior and emotionally spent by the time we see her finding TS in 2020.  

I hope the show settles soon and we get to see more quiet personal moments here and there when TS and HS connects.  

===============

What's important isn't "where" they are coming from.  CB guys repeated this twice.  They know the immigrants are from the future... what they need to know is where they are hiding or going to? Is that it? Or what is the meaning of this phrase?

TSan's suitcase.  Anyone cares to guess the contents? syringes, needles, some sort of drugs.  His HS yearbook, some log, camera, cellphone.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 6.12.18 PM

• Like 7

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

People who have seen these immigrants were killed?  The CoPilot was killed.  Was he killed by the Control Bureau?  He was roughed up when he appeared before TSul’s car.  He seemed to imply that the CB were the ones who did that to him.  Was he roughed up and warned to stay silent?  But he didn’t.  He was going to talk to a reporter.  And that led to his demise.  The guy at the CB who visited the restaurant owner said that anyone who was in contact with them would need to be quarantined.  Eek this film is really hitting home with the pandemic (close contacts are to quarantine ).  Why then did he opt to kill him?

Well, I found details and writed it on the other blog... :sweatingbullets:

We don't know why they kill him, and want to kill the blond boy (because he made contact with Seo Hae).

They says "he's contaminated". Another times they says about illegals "they are dangerous". Also, "they won't stand without a broker".

I suppose when an illegal have contact with a normal being, this being is contaminated by... what ? I don't know. We will see that later. In any case, the contaminated person become dangerous, and have to be eliminated. I have in mind that Control Bureau are not so bad guys, just official emergency force, have to do bad things for a greater good and keep more people safe. Global security reasons. "it's your wife or the world".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

You have a point here.  Kim Han Young could be the time traveler from the future, whether he is a legal or illegal immigrant is unclear.  He must have come back for a greater purpose other than to repeat his life again.  He's already an old man in 2020 so it doesn't make sense why he chose to return to this timeline and not earlier.  However, he is around in 2020 as a board member/investor? at the time that Quantum and Time takes off as an IPO.  He's the one to watch!

Many new comments poped on packmule blog (bitcshoverdrama), hard to track all and copy-paste.

I do it for this :

We have : Control bureau have several teams. Here team °7.

I suppose other teams work in others times than 2020. Why not ? So we could have : rich man is young in the future. He come back at 1970, then he's old in 2020. But maybe timetravel work only for 2020 ?

I spoted that, episode 2 :

40:00, after the result of the DNA test, the psychiatrist and the manager look at each other strangely.
Their expression says "Damn, he's finding out the truth".

Did I watched wrong ?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, KY L said:

I agree some aspects of the drama that we expected to be rooted in reality come off as unrealistic. I understand the criticism. The editing is a bit off at times and degrades the show as cliche or cartoonish. The plane scene is a ploy to add some excitement and show off Tae Sul's genius. It's weird, but very entertaining. So I don't mind it. The DNA from ash scene is more questionable.

Many flaws/unrealistic stuff pointed out a bit everywhere on internet wasn't. A work of debunking was done here. About plane scene, DNA, drone, etc. I suppose some people don't like the drama, and it's legitimate, it's a bit much about action-blockbuster kind of content, and not looking like moderate drama. It's more the way things are shown than things themselves. As an example, the plane scene is more an intelligent one, with a single threat and a path to solve it, using thinking, many logical steps, and stuff looking real. Very good construction and chronology, no detail miss, and some investigation about real content. If you watch James Bond "The Living Daylights", here you get an amazing plane scene too. Of different kind. No much thinking, more unrealistic, but also far more nervous. The scene accumulate 3 different big threats one after the other, then all both. It's crazy, with a climax with a fight in the open air. About a SF drama, I still prefer the "thinking" solution chosen here with solid bases and "make it as spectacular as we can", than the "pure spectacular" one.

Nitpicking : sometimes, people need to comfort their opinion and looking for additional reasons, when it's not necessary. And they spot wrong ones, want to get flaws when there isn't. As to say "it's not me not liking the drama", but "it's the drama is bad". Ok, people can do that, but may regret it after that when they understand they are wrong. I know it because I already did this. And it's a bit sad, if they wasted and spoiled a essential drama for themselves because this. If you don't like something... be sure why. ;-)

I would rather mention the scene episode 2 : house trap explosion. Hero doing things at the speed of light. This is too much for some people, for good reason. But I accept that because I use to watch a lot of action movie of all kind. Like the James Bond movie I cited. Tropes and explosion are nice, easy to watch. And what to do about the script ? You can't let things happens without the hero trying something ! Image the scene, the hero go out of the house. "Ok, you got me, kill me now.". And what could do the hero trapped in a house, without weapons or ability to use it, with high IQ, otherly than a tech trap ? Let's remove that... People will be unhappy too. :sweatingbullets:

Now, we can propose something else, that I think could be nice : bodyguard rush into the house with the car ! Brooooom, it's spectacular, lot of things destroyed. He save the hero, then, car chase, then hero and bodyguard lose the chase, hero is captured. It's a two blade solution. The bodyguard do all the job. So... This hero is so useless ? Damn-it! People unhappy again. Everywhere on the internet : "the hero is an useless lame and weak character !!" or "Oh, this hero is supposed to be high IQ, and he don't even try something in the house, with all the tech device into it ?". AH AH. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@taeunfightinggood to see you, post your thoughts when you get a chance LOL

@bedifferent I watched both episodes back-to-back. Overall, I thought it was pretty good, but I’m somewhat confused with what’s going on and my mind is filled with many questions. LOL. I’ve only read a handful of comments so far. I definitely need to back-read.

Does it seem that Tae Sul’s brother is actually alive or at least still present through time travel?

The message on the wall of Tae Sul’s house was a bit strange. Why did it need to be covered by the artwork? Nothing else seemed out of place to Tae Sul due to the break-in, except he noticed that the artwork (which he had intentionally hung upside down) was hung right-side up. I can’t decide if the person who wrote the message does not want Tae Sul to look for brother or actually wants him to look for him.

Who was doing the investigation at the shed? What is the significance of the following newspaper clippings found there?

• What Model Plane Did He Ride?
  • Fund Manager, Kim Dong Hyeon
  • Deputy President, Yoo Eun Ji
  • Han Tae Sul Discharged from Hospital

On the Quantum & Time Conference 2020 brochure, why was the print “Han Tae Sul, Quantum & Time CEO” marked with a red “X”? Seo Hae mentioned that if Tae Sul opened the suitcase, “they” will kill him so she needs to go to Busan. Is it related?

Also, at the shed, Tae Sul had a hallucination of Tae San and he said, “What took you so long?” What did he mean by that? Was it just a metaphor that Tae Sul is finally asking questions and searching for answers?

It sounded like Pres. Park (Sung Dong Il) and Tae San were trying to make some kind of deal. He was supposed to give the key to the safe to Park, but in exchange for what? Tae Sul’s life? I can’t wait to know what is in the safe and why Park wants it so bad. It seems it has to do with the ability to time travel. Does it to allow it, but also could stop it?

I liked the scene of Tae Sul and Seo Hae walking across from each other on the opposite sides of the train platforms. It left me curious about how the nature of their relationship will be gradually revealed, especially after the seeing their wedding photo. So far, I feel that we really got to know Tae Sul so I am looking forward to more of Seo Hae’s backstory and the connection between Tae Sul and her mother.

@nrllee Hi! We have time travelers. Re-do. Loop. I’m getting some 365: Repeat the Year feels all over again!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

@nrllee @bedifferent @Sleepy Owl

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=228384

Found this while browsing twitter. Read it with Google translate. At the last the production crew said that "it will be much easier to interpret if the reasoning is based on the fact that Seo Hae and Tae Sul are in the continuous cycle of sisyphus ". 

That means one of my assumption was correct that the loop is already going on. We don't know what's the starting point of the loop. That is something to look forward in the upcoming episodes. 

Also in ep 1, I guess we saw Tae sul got a letter from a kid in elementary? school stating that she wants to marry him. I guess that she is Seo Hae. If it is then there are two Seo Hae's: one from future and the present one. I am curious how sisyphus will handle the concept..

I also think that the person who broke into Tae sul's penthouse is he himself. I mean his future self. On that basis if I have to make another assumption then the future Tae Sul want the events to happen the same way as it always had happened in earlier cycles so that the present Tae sul can become the way the future Tae Sul is..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

7 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

The message on the wall of Tae Sul’s house was a bit strange. Why did it need to be covered by the artwork? Nothing else seemed out of place to Tae Sul due to the break-in, except he noticed that the artwork (which he had intentionally hung upside down) was hung right-side up. I can’t decide if the person who wrote the message does not want Tae Sul to look for brother or actually wants him to look for him.

@nrllee Hi! We have time travelers. Re-do. Loop. I’m getting some 365: Repeat the Year feels all over again!

Only Tae Sul could notice the artwork and the pressurized paintcan.

SO, it mean one thing.

..... TADAAAAAA......

Spoiler

Tae Sul writed the message !!!!

:dizzy:

Plot twist!

365 was great. ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

That means one of my assumption was correct that the loop is already going on. We don't know what's the starting point of the loop. That is something to look forward in the upcoming episodes. 

I had alreaady assumed that there is a loop happening already, and the fact that Seo Hae wanted to stop Tae Sul from opening the bag was mainly because she wanted to break the cycle here. 

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

I also think that the person who broke into Tae sul's penthouse is he himself. I mean his future self. On that basis if I have to make another assumption then the future Tae Sul want the events to happen the same way as it always had happened in earlier cycles so that the present Tae sul can become the way the future Tae Sul is..

It is more than possible that Tae Sul is the guy who broke in, but he wants it all to happen or does he want to stop it all given the warning he gave? The fact that it was done behind the painting and hung upside down also seems to be so that only Tae Sul would be the one to notice the change in it. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1