[Upcoming Drama 2021] Here, 히어 - Lee Byung Hun, Han Ji Min, Shin Min Ah & Nam Joo Hyuk

larus

• 1 month later...

February 19, 2020

From Kim Eun-sook to Noh Hee-kyeong, Star Writers Are Making a Comeback

Source: EDaily via HanCinema.net

photo1155702.jpg

There's a reason why the drama line-up for 2020 is so highly anticipated. It's because star writers are coming back. Romance master Kim Eun-sook, human master Noh Hee-kyeong and other writers of different genres are coming back this 2020.

- Kim Eun-sook's "The King: Forever Sovereign"

From "Lovers in Paris", "Secret Garden", "A Gentleman's Dignity", "Descendants of the Sun" and "Goblin" to "Mr. Sunshine", box-office success writer Kim Eun-sook is coming back with the SBS drama "The King: Forever Sovereign" this year.

Her choice this time is a fantasy in which a deity has unleashed a demon unto the world of humans, and that demon has opened the door to a parallel world. 'The parallel universe' is a new challenge for the writer.

"The King: Forever Sovereign" stars Lee Min-ho, who worked with Kim Eun-sook in "The Heirs", and Kim Go-eun from "Goblin". As actors who outstandingly understood the writer's screenplay and processed their understanding into their characters, their harmony is greatly anticipated.

- Noh Hee-kyeong's "HERE"

"The Last Blossom", "More Beautiful Than a Flower", "Worlds Within", "It's Okay, That's Love", "That Winter, the Wind Blows", "Dear My Friends" and "Live" writer Noh Hee-kyeong, who conveys empathy, comfort, and heavy messages through her works, has decided on her next project.

Noh Hee-kyeong comes back with "HERE" starring Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, Shin Min-ah, Bae Sung-woo, Nam Joo-hyuk and others.

"HERE" is the story of various jobs and age groups such as cops, broadcasters and the elderly in which Noh Hee-kyeong deals with a non-profit organization, an NGO. The key point here is how she's going to introduce the unfamiliar subject of an NGO as drama material. "HERE" begins filming in 2020.

- Kim Soon-ok, Lee Woo-jeong and Kim Eun-hee come back

Spoiler

Writer Kim Soon-ok is also a star writer for her outlandish dramas. "Temptation of Wife", "Jang Bo-ri Is Here!", "My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol", "Sister is Alive" and "The Last Empress" are her box office hits. She's sometimes criticized for being too provocative, and for her unlikely stories, but she's still supported by many fans for her immersive works that are intense. Her latest work, "Penthouse", is a story about a woman's desire, motherhood and real estate success towards the entrance of high society, starring Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Oh Man-seok, Shin Eun-kyung and more.

Lee Woo-jeong, a popular TV screenwriter who managed to succeed in writing dramas is also coming back. She is responsible for the "Answer Me" sensation, which led to a series of the years 1997, 1994 and 1988. She's joining hands with PD Shin Won-ho from "Prison Playbook" to write "Hospital Playlist" this time. "Hospital Playlist" is the story of people who live an ordinary day that feels special at a hospital, which is called a miniature version of life, as people are born and die there, starring Jo Jung-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Dae-myung and Jeon Mi-do.

Writer Kim Eun-hee from "Sign", "Ghost" and "Signal" is returning with the second season of the Netflix series "Kingdom", "Kingdom - Season 2". The Joseon zombie flick was released in January last year and became a big hit. If the first season was about Yi Chang (Ju Ji-hoon) searching for the cause of the epidemic, in the second season, Yi Chang unravels the plots and conspiracies that go on inside the palace. "Kingdom - Season 2" is out this March.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

March 11, 2020

Star screenwriters return to small screen

SEOUL, March 11 (Yonhap) -- Big-name screenwriters are returning to the small screen this year, raising high expectations for well-made blockbuster TV series.

Park Ji-eun, who wrote popular romantic comedies "My Love from the Star (2013) and "Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016), was the first runner in the 2020 lineup of star playwrights.

The last episode of her latest drama, "Crash Landing On You," which aired from December last year to February, earned the highest viewership for any drama series from cable channel tvN with a 21.7 percent audience share.

A-listers Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin play a South Korean businesswoman and a North Korean soldier who fall in love.

In April, Kim Eun-sook will return with the historical fantasy romance "The King: Eternal Monarch," starring Korean wave stars Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, on SBS.

It portrays a Korean emperor who tries to close the door to a parallel world to prevent demons escaping.

The drama is one of the most anticipated Korean dramas this year thanks to the star-studded cast and the screenwriter, who has created smash hit series including "Secret Garden" (2010), "Descendants of the Sun" (2016) and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016).

Season two of Netflix's Korean original series "Kingdom" is the latest work by another star screenwriter, Kim Eun-hee, who has created many hit TV series including mystery thrillers "Sign" (2011) and "Signal" (2016).

With Ju Ji-hoon, Bae Doo-na and Ryu Seung-ryong reprising their roles, the continuation of the zombie thriller, released in January last year, will premiere on Friday on the U.S. online streaming service provider.

Lee Woo-jung, whose works range from variety shows such as "Three Meals A Day" and "Youn's Kitchen" to TV dramas such as "Replay 1988," is also coming back with "Hospital Playlist" this week.

The show revolves around five doctors working for a hospital and stars Jo Jung-suk and Yoo Yeon-seok.

Renowned playwright Noh Hee-kyung, who has carved out a small screen career with realistic and in-depth depictions of relationships and love, is preparing a new drama series, tentatively named "Here."

Noh's new drama will feature people working for non-profit organizations and is to star Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min. It will start filming later this year.

brk@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

April 8, 2020

Delayed film productions mess up top actors' schedules

Source: The Korea Times

Actor Lee Byung-hun. Courtesy of Warner Bros. Korea
Actor Lee Byung-hun. Courtesy of Warner Bros. Korea

As the South Korean film industry has been battered by the coronavirus pandemic for months, top actors' upcoming projects have been affected by delayed productions and release schedules.

More than 50 domestic and foreign films have put off or canceled their premieres slated for the first half of this year since the number of COVID-19 cases started to rise sharply in mid-February.

The number of daily moviegoers plunged to a record low of 15,000 this week, compared with some 320,000 admissions on weekdays in January and 200,000 in February.

South Korean filmmakers and studios have postponed their shooting plans, including overseas schedules, due to fears over the novel coronavirus and worldwide travel bans.

As a result, cast members have had to rearrange their schedules for upcoming movies and dramas.

Lee Byung-hun, one of the most acclaimed actors in the South Korean entertainment scene, has a tight schedule this year, as he is poised to star in a film and a TV drama.

He was cast for a lead role in the disaster action movie "Emergency Declaration," along with Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon. Directed by Han Jae-rim, the all-star cast film is in pre-production, but its shooting has been delayed for about a month.

It will likely affect his upcoming TV drama "Here," written by star screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung, slated for later this year. The drama, set to air on cable channel JTBC, marks Lee's return to the small screen since "Mr. Sunshine" (2018).

Hwang Jung-min, one of the highest-grossing actors in South Korea with many box office hits, including "Ode to My Father" (2014), was to appear in the film "Negotiations" with Hyun Bin and the movie "Kidnapping" with Ha Jung-woo before continuing with dramas, including "Suriname" and "Hush" in the latter half of the year.

But the producers of "Negotiations" decided to put off the film's overseas schedule in Jordan and to go on shooting in South Korea instead. The filming of "Kidnapping" has also been put on hold indefinitely.

Unless the production of these films finishes as scheduled within the first half of the year, Hwang's drama appearances may be affected.

Actor Song Joong-ki is also in a quandary over his next project.

He returned to South Korea from Columbia in late March after wrapping up the filming of the movie "Bogota" earlier than scheduled due to the spread of the coronavirus in the South American region.

The delayed schedule of "Bogota" will likely have an impact on Song's decision on whether to take on the biographical movie "The Season of Us." (Yonhap)

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Here, 히어 - Lee Byung Hun, Han Ji Min, Shin Min Ah & Nam Joo Hyuk - Premieres in second half 2020

July 6, 2020 

77-D987-DF-32-FD-4220-BE46-686-BA1-C5-BE

Source: http://naver.me/xWoklokn 

tvN's 'HERE' is out of production this year. "We're discussing a schedule." 

tvN's anticipated drama "HERE" will not be available this year.

An official from the drama bureau told Daily Sports on the 7th, "HERE, a drama that writer Noh Hee-kyung wrote and drew attention with the casting of Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, and Shin Min-ah, has failed to produce this year.

The reason for the failure of production this year is because of the COVID-19. 'HERE' tells the story of INGO, an international non-profit private organization. The production was expected to be postponed indefinitely due to the current situation in which it is impossible to go abroad, although it was expected to be a dream cast by writer Noh Hee-kyung, who had always been interested in non-profit private organizations along with deep social messages. This is because it is inevitable to film a certain amount of overseas locations due to the drama's story and development.

It seems difficult for the production team to adjust the schedules of the actors and the time for the five to get together again. There are dozens of movie and drama scripts that are pouring in. Considering the time when the next work is being decided one after another, the movie is bound to be faster considering the time when the next work is being held back by "HERE." Moreover, Nam Joo-hyuk will have to consider joining the military from next year, so gathering all five of them as "HERE" is virtually a failure. Some people agreed that in order to start filming quickly, the content should be revised completely to remove overseas filming by setting it in a direction that is not an international non-profit private organization. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

I wonder if this drama will be organised and start filming this year. It doesn`t sound that it is possible.

I hope Noh Hee-kyung will write another drama or changed the plot to accommodate the new situation.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

March 11, 2021

:sad1: No hope in 2021 either and now they are already talking abt revising the script and replacing the casts. They are sure that this project will be made but not sure when it will be made. If this keep happening, which we are still not sure even after the vaccination, i don’t know if this original casts will still be available. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 2:31 AM, Ephoenix said:

No hope in 2021 either and now they are already talking abt revising the script and replacing the casts. They are sure that this project will be made but not sure when it will be made. If this keep happening, which we are still not sure even after the vaccination, i don’t know if this original casts will still be available. 

It is unfortunetly that this drama could not be filmed because of all the restriction. I think many of the original cast will not appear or at least we`ll have some changing. I wanted to see another drama of writer No hee Kyung. Maybe she wrote the script for this drama and later when it is posible they will film the drama or rewrite the script to fit the new circumstances. Perhaps she will write another drama while waiting for drama here to be produced. I just want more news.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 4:21 AM, larus said:

It is unfortunetly that this drama could not be filmed because of all the restriction. I think many of the original cast will not appear or at least we`ll have some changing. I wanted to see another drama of writer No hee Kyung. Maybe she wrote the script for this drama and later when it is posible they will film the drama or rewrite the script to fit the new circumstances. Perhaps she will write another drama while waiting for drama here to be produced. I just want more news.

@larus Look at this news now! Right after what you just said. You were absolutely right abt writer NHK planning another drama but I wasn’t expecting she would offer some of the same cast she had for HERE. According to the main article, HERE is just temporarily suspended because of the pandemic, and while they wait, she offered this roles to the actors and they readily responded to her and is positively considering at the moment. The news just came and I’m literally shocked and still need processing right now, but I am really happy seeing these casts.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ephoenix said:

Look at this news now! Right after what you just said. You were absolutely right abt writer NHK planning another drama but I wasn’t expecting she would offer some of the same cast she had for HERE. According to the main article, HERE is just temporarily suspended because of the pandemic, and while they wait, she offered this roles to the actors and they readily responded to her and is positively considering at the moment. The news just came and I’m literally shocked and still need processing right now, but I am really happy seeing these casts.. 

I read the news today. I think it is a good idea for the writer to do  another projects with majority of the same cast. The actors can`t wait for ever to shoot a drama. They will find other projects and it will be hard to gather them again. Because the writer is Noh hee Kyung, I am sure some of them will agree to appear in both dramas if their schredules will permit. 

It is good news. I look forward to read more informations about the new drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

Who knows when this drama will be produced. I try keeping this thread alive.

Lee Byung Hun's Upcoming Dramas and Films

Lee Byung Hun has cemented his name in the entertainment industry with several critically acclaimed dramas and films under his belt. This includes "IRIS," "Inside Men," "Ashfall," and "The Man Standing Next," where he all won the Best Actor category at the Baeksang Arts Awards. 

Seemingly he also took home a few recognitions at Daejong Film Awards and the prestigious Blue Dragon Film Awards. 

This year, the sought-after actor is making a comeback on the small screen with two upcoming projects. 

First is tvN's K-drama "Here" followed by Netflix's "Our Blues" with Cha Seung Won, Kim Woo Bin, Shin Min Ah, Han Ji Min, and "Parasite" actress Lee Jung Eun. 

At the same time, he is also set to lead the cast in three new films--this includes "Emergency Declaration," forthcoming dystopian movie "Concrete Utopia," and "The Match" with Yoo Ah In and Moon Jung Hee. 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121159/20210712/lee-byung-hun-makes-generous-donation-childrens-hospital-check-out.htm

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

In April  drama Our Blues. will air I can`t wait to watch the next drama of writer Noh hee Kyung and I wonder if the drama Here will be produced in the future, when conditions to film overseas will permit that. Let`s hope.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...