Network: Channel A

Episodes: 16

Genre: Romantic comedy

Airdate: January 3rd - February 22nd, 2020 

Airtime: Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST

Director: Min Yeon Hong

Writer: Ahn Ho Kyung

Story:

Cha Jung Hyuk is a talented make-up artist, but he is now in heavily in debt and unemployed. Han Soo Yun has been a frustrated idol trainee for 10 years. When she participates in an idol audition program, she gets booted from the show under mysterious circumstances. Unable to realize her dream of becoming an idol, she happens to meet Jung Hyuk and starts working as his assistant as a make-up artist. Meanwhile, Baek Ji Yoon  is top actress who has strong desire for success. Kang Do Jin  is a popular actor.

Cast:

Joo Sang Wook as Cha Jung Hyuk

Touch-Poster1.jpg

Kim Bo Ra as Han Soo Yun

Touch-Poster2.jpg

Han Da Gam as Baek Ji Yoon

Touch-Poster4.jpg

Lee Tae Hwan as Kan Do Jin

Touch-Poster3.jpg

Byun Jung Soo as Oh Shi Eun

Touch-Poster5.jpg

Supporting Cast

Kim Kwang Sik as Soo Yeon’s father
Lee Sang Ah as Soo Yeon’s mother
Song Jae Hee as Min Kang Ho
Yoon Hee Suk as Yang Se Joon
Jeon Yeo Jin as CEO Yoon’s daughter
Ahn Se Bin as kindergartener 1
Yeon Woo
Kim Young Joon
Jung Ji Yoon

Teasers:

Spoiler

press conf

OST 

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Touch, 터치 - Joo Sang Wook, Kim Bo Ra & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on December 31st
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[OFFICIAL] Joo Sang-wook X Kim Bo-ra X Han Da-gam X Lee Tae-hwan, cast for CHANNEL A's "Touch" …premieres January 2020

• by Cho Yun-sun for SPORTS CHOSUN

2019100100764_0.jpg

Actors Ju Sang-wook, Kim Bo-ra, Han Da-gam, and Lee Tae-hwan were confirmed as the stars of Channel A's new drama 'Touch'.

Channel A's new Friday-Saturday prime time drama 'Touch' (directed by Min Yeon-hong / written by Ahn Ho-kyung / produced by MI, Story Networks) will premiere in January next year. It's a comedy and beauty drama.

more: https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/10/01/2019100100772.html

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Touch, 터치 - Joo Sang Wook, Kim Bo Ra & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on January 1st

Wait. The age gap. Joo Sang Wook and Kim Bo Ra the  main pair here. The leads.  But Isn't he in his 40's? And Kim Bora was this High School student in Sky Castle drama. But I suppose it's okay. Kim Bo Ra in early 20's.  I like the actors so I'm going to check this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Venus’s Lime And Song Jae Hee Cast In Joo Sang Wook And Kim Bo Ra’s New Drama

Hello Venus’s Lime And Song Jae Hee Cast In Joo Sang Wook And Kim Bo Ra’s New Drama

Nov 20, 2019
by C. Hong

Hello Venus’s Lime and actor Song Jae Hee have been confirmed as cast members for the upcoming drama “Touch!”

After Hello Venus’s contract with Fantagio expired earlier this year, the members went their separate ways. Lime chose to renew her contract with Fantagio and promote as an actress under the name Choi Joo Hwa.

“Touch” is an upcoming rom-com from Channel A starring Joo Sang Wook as a makeup artist who becomes unemployed and falls into debt and Kim Bo Ra as an idol trainee who fails to debut and embarks on a new career as a makeup artist.

Lime (Choi Joo Hwa) will be playing the role of Secretary Lee, who works for Oh Shi Eun (Byun Jung Soo), the CEO of Oh Beauty Shop and a No. 1 player in the beauty industry who made it big as a first-generation makeup artist. Secretary Lee was directly headhunted by CEO Oh and is extremely talented and competent.

Last month, Song Jae Hee was confirmed by his agency to also be appearing in the drama. He will be playing Min Kang Ho, the vice president and eldest son of a conglomerate known as Handong Group.

Other actors already confirmed for “Touch” include Han Da GamLee Tae Hwan, and MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo.

“Touch” will premiere sometime in January 2020.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Touch, 터치 - Fri & Sat 19:00 KST - Joo Sang Wook, Kim Bo Ra & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on January 3rd

“Touch” Cast Of Makeup Artists And Top Stars Reveal Their Motivations And More In Posters

Dec 12, 2019
by S. Park

“Touch” has released character posters of its leads!

This upcoming Channel A drama is about former trainee Han Soo Yeon (played by Kim Bo Ra), who failed to debut in an idol group, and unemployed makeup artist Cha Jung Hyuk (played by Joo Sang Wook) as they work towards their new dreams.

On December 11, the drama captured the unique stories and traits of each character in individual posters.

Joo Sang Wook successfully transformed into top makeup artist Cha Jung Hyuk. Holding up a makeup brush, he confidently smiles next to the words, “Anyone can be reborn with the touch of my brush.”

Touch_11.jpg

Kim Bo Ra portrays Han Soo Yeon, a past idol trainee of 10 years who is now pursuing a new dream of becoming a makeup artist. Her lovely charming qualities are accentuated by the pink background and she smiles next to the words, “Who cares if it’s not my dream? I can do a good job!”

Touch_2.jpg

Top star Kang Do Jin will be played by Lee Tae Hwan, who shows off his boyish charms in front of a green background. He makes headlines with his every move, but he’s an innocent guy with imperfections in front of his one true love. The words on his poster say, “I’m the nation’s heartthrob! But why am I only a guy friend to you?”

Touch_3.jpg

Han Da Gam appears as top actress Baek Ji Yoon. Underneath her fancy appearance, she lives a dangerous life while hiding her pain. She poses next to the words, “Please complete best actress Baek Ji Yoon.”

Spoiler

Touch_4.jpg

The final poster features Byun Jung Soo as Oh Shi Eun. She looks fiercely into the camera and stands next to the words, “In order to become the best, I need to knock down the best. Why shouldn’t I do whatever it takes?”

Spoiler

Touch_5.jpg

“Touch” premieres January 3 and will air on Fridays and Saturdays 11 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser here!

Source (1)

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Touch, 터치 - Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST

Okay. First drama I'm watching for 2020.  It's at the bottom pack when it comes to ratings but you know how it is... I like to watch a drama that's interesting and different.

I actually was entertained. Drama that shows what goes on behind K-ent. Though main story is about make up artist in the industry. This drama  has it from  idol auditions, to company strict policies and shenannigans going, to make up upartist and make up products, to beeuty and fashion make up. Which artist to best suits the product. Cut throat  industry (whatever that means). Competition amongst the leading make up artist. What's it like to work in VIP salon.  Seeing a glimpse of what's like behind what we're watching who were idolize, how we perceive a person's look, the simplicy vs putting on make up making yourself look good.

Kim Bora as Han Soo Yeon.. failed the idol audition and was sacked as part of girl group. The agency was dealing with crisis with their top star (DJ played by Lee Tae Hwan) and have to axe someone and unlucky SY she was the one who suffered from scandal create by the agency. SY encounted Cha Jeong Hyeok- top make up artist- when he  did  her nake up. but she felt she was "too pretty" which  she did not feel like it was her  and her persoanlity. She removed the the make up done by JH and did her make up on her onw to which  our lead got upset. Hence they have the animosity towards each other.  SY having failed  as idol, tried to appy as intern to JH expensive well know CHA salon  that caters to VIP. JH still had animosity but others in his inner circle ( the hyung and the baldie with glasses) saw the potential and found the  make up test very good so they wanted her. JH was in the minorty despite being the CEO so. SY was hired as new intern.

Jo Sang Wook as CJH well know top make up/ stylist.. he's the boss and the ceo of CHA bauty but.... I guess in the long run  throughout this drama Both leads are trying to prove something to themselves. That they can do it, that it can be done, and they can succeed. In JH case maybe it's more of a  something to prove to himself and his ex? Ji Yoon.

I also like the that the each actors fit their characters much. However you can actually see the obvious age gap between the leads. I'm not iffy about it Kim Bora is in her 20's.. so that's fine with me. Maybe they will be mentor mentee but I like their chemsitry together. 

I got a kick and laugh during the shower scene.. Of course they pixelated the  lower back end part. I probably would have same reaction and be .. huh.. I didn't see anything. :P

Thanks Viki for the sub!

JSW is excellent in this role as well.

JH and SY are similar to each other.

They both are smart and persistent, and they will be a good team.

For some reason, I like those scenes where JH sits alone and draws. :)

Both shower scenes were so fun. :D

16 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

Haven’t watch the drama yet cause I’m not too keen with the obvious age gap. Can someone tells me if the two leads will be a couple in this drama? 

Their romance isn't obvious yet. But I am sure they will eventually have relationship. 

I guess we can be glad that she didnt have to pay for her own survival show and that she apparently isn't in massive debt after her long trainee period.

I had fun with the first 2 episodes for the most part.

I liked the vibe. I liked the comedy. I liked the a bit more emotional/personal moments as well. It didn't go too heavy there which is probably a good thing. 

The male idol is really annoying. Reminds me of the one in Perfume. I kinda hate this kind of depiction as well. This "oh he is immature and ruins peoples lifes but he isn't he also kind of sweet and he is probably a 'good person 'deep down". Pretty much the manifestation of delusional fandom. And yes he will probably reveal what happened at some point later in the drama... Maybe they will do something interesting with his character but i kind of doubt it.

(Btw how does he have a feminine face? There would be hundreds of better choices)

I've gotten a bit annoyed towards the end of episode 2. 

I am not sure if the male lead quite fits into the richard simmons ceo trope but what we can say is that he is super eccentric when it comes to his work/art. Those were mostly comedic scenes so i dont want to hold it too much against him. But it got like i said earlier a bit annoying toward the end.

And it just needs to be said. He is really really bad when it comes to running his place. Basically bad at everything which isn't applying makeup. He is not able to judge objectively because of his ego. Most of the trainees leave after a few months. The ones that are there are poorly trained. The few fully trained make up artists leave and the signed models as well. Hm....

I can't wait for him to go broke and reflect on some things.

I started episode 3. Surprise it wasn't 'her fault' but it wouldn't have been her fault anyway. But it's pretty funny that he let's some first day intern handle the model for the project that is going to decide on life and death for the company. They could still just switch him out btw.

But i guess we need him to blame her for going bankrupt later on.

I hope there is going to be some character growth soon. I don't need to see that for 8 episodes. 

In the preview for episode 3 there were some pretty fun scenes so i am looking forward to that.

well... I mainly watch the drama because I liked kim bora in her private life. I hope next episodes will be cuter and sweeter :blush:  I think there's really good cuteness potential... the chubby male make up assistant, the sweet tall male idol, the future romance between the female intern and the CEO :blush::heart:

Archived