Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

photo1156353.jpg

I watched the original BBC drama "Dr. Foster" and somehow, I like the Korean version "The World of the Married."  I was not so invested in Dr. Foster and did not care much about the characters (except for the son).  Maybe I'm biased because I'm Asian but I find TWOFTM more relatable.  

Some of my thoughts about the drama:

- I don't think Tae Oh ever intended to leave his wife and end the marriage.  It was clear from that steamy, passionate lovemaking with Sun Woo in the first episode that, in spite of the fact that he was a narcissistic con man,  he loved her and was quite happy and contended in the marriage.  What he wanted was just an affair that quickly escalated into a dire situation when his lover, Da Kyung got pregnant.  

-  Sun Woo's determination to have custody of her son at all costs did more damage than the break-up of her marriage.  She staged her own physical abuse at the hands of Tae Ho (making him think that Joon Young's dead).  To intentionally have her son witness his father beating her to a bloody pulp, was her undoing.   This was a traumatic experience for JY and the consequences were incalculable.  JY dropped hints; speaking of his friend's parents' divorce on different occasions but SW was so blinded by her own rage, she did not see the signs.  The best thing that she should have done was sit down with JY, explain what's happening between her and his father, and let him make up his own mind.  

- TO is the type of man who used the vulnerability of women to his advantage.  He lived off SW, using her money to finance his "business" and he did the same with DK.  His weakness was SW.  He had a dark obsession with SW and after their divorce, he must have relived his moments with her through DK.  After two years abroad, he brought his new family back to the same town where he lived with SW and their son, sent invitations to his son and their mutual friends all geared to catch SW's attention.  He stalked SW and even went to the extent of walking around SW's house when she's not around.  He did love his son but what is galling is that he used JH as a pawn to get back at SW.

- for me, the most compelling part of this drama was in episode 15 when SW showed DK TO's true nature.  DK, true to her self-centred, selfish nature, confronted SW to stay away from her family and threatened to sue her for adultery.  This coming from a woman who destroyed SW's family.  SW revealed TO's obsession with her, from playing the Sting song he used to proposed to SW that he also used to propose to DK, the exact words he used to propose, to giving DK the same lingerie, perfume and clothes he bought SW during their marriage.  For a woman scorned, SW went above and beyond to save another woman from the clutches of a user like TO, even if she was a rival.  She did not want DK to be another victim and her most poignant words were, "It may be your last chance to escape."  It is ironical that the best advise DK received was from the very woman she betrayed.  

Congratulations to Kim Hee Ae and Park Hae Joon for their outstanding performance.  As for Han So Hee, this young lady has a very bright future ahead of her after her compelling portrayal as the other woman and later wife of TO.

• Like 2

A few thoughts on TWOTM

WOW! This was quite the ride. My respect for Kim Hee Ae as an actress just exploded. I adored her in Love Affair, but she was perfection in this role.

MS - I like the idea of the writer portraying that a single woman can hold a high position and do well professionally. However, as a person, she was horrible. She constantly back-stabbed SW and she was two-faced from the very start. She wanted to be taken serious as a woman despite her single status, yet she had no problem helping TO deceive SW throughout the drama. She gets a side-eye.

YR - I find whenever there is a story arch of a woman being cheated on, women are always expected to cry, scream and get angry but still forgive and keep the cheater. Especially when money and status is involved. YR was still young, attractive and has a good portion of her life still in front of her, but she was expected to continue to suffer in silence. This is why she was having issues conceiving. She was under an enormous amount of stress that made her wildly unhappy, but the illusion of what she wanted was supposed to be enough. So glad to see her be brave and not care what society thinks and go off and be happy on her own.

Chairwoman Choi - Her words to SW about her actions creating so many wounds in my opinion echo the old adage of women and self-sacrifice. Again, suffer quietly, smile, keep up appearances and then everyone will be happy. The chairwoman always gave me the impression that she was always right on the line of almost losing it. When she first encountered SW and was diagnosed with the STD's, she practically ordered SW to tell her that it was because of contact at a spa or gym. SW represents the courage women in her generation just don't have. They have been too indoctrinated.

DY - I can never find it in my heart to sympathize with "the other woman". I knew when DK latched on to TO after SW left him. A man with no money, no real plans, no connections or social circle and she chose to have his baby and get married to him. She chose to settle, and from the beginning she was insecure with them returning to Gosun after what happened.  In the end, her cheater cheated again. He kept secrets from her and she spent what should've been her honeymoon period, completely stressed and unhappy. Everyone pretended that TO was smart and accomplished. His father-in-law bankrolled a movie and invested in it to ensure its success and that was how TO succeeded. It still wasn't from him own doing.

JY - I agree he was caught in the middle of his parents, but JY was the product of what you see in a LOT of families. He was being coddled, loved, protected and given everything. He was NOT being raised. JY lacked basic respect and understanding for someone his age and that is his parent's fault. You do not reward kids for being awful to people and disrespectful to adults. I had many friends whose parent's divorced and they weren't delinquents and disrespectful like he was. JY even had the luxury of therapy. He wanted to continue to be spoiled and felt like he couldn't get that with TO and DY because kids knew how they ended up together. Then SW was out her fighting and causing scenes all of the over place which embarrassed him which caused him to eventually run away. Divorce is hard on children, but if you instill in them love, understanding and good communication, they can get through it well. I don't believe two people who hate each other should stay together for the sake of a child. That sends out the wrong message. Had TO and SW acted maturely and worked together, JY would've handled this significantly better.

SW and TO - You knew TO was going to fall. When he blew back into town married to his mistress and all seemed forgotten because he now had money, you could just feel it, he was going to mess it up. TO's problem is he was insecure and had an inferiority complex. Yet, he stayed being attracted to successful women. His inability to stand on his own two feet and remain loyal to women he was incredibly lucky to get with was fascinating to watch. His issues clearly stemmed from way before SW came along. I think it was in the first episode, we learn he has some daddy issues, and his mother clearly coddled him instead of raising him so the cycle begins there. He was never going to have a happy ending because the self sabotage was inevitable. SW was also fascinating. She was brilliant, hard-working, dedicated as a mom and honest as a doctor. Yet, she had a fiery temper and often would settle scores at the behest of being the talk of the town. She didn't apply strategy to how she handled things. She was a reactor. He reacting was often desperate and explosive, which is how she ended up suffering. I feel like the writer wanted to show SW was both a stereotypical woman (emotional; reactive) and a cunning almost male-like character who can seduce a man to get back at her husband or strategically choose to help her ex-husband so that he son doesn't have to be the son of a murderer. 

Great drama, impeccable writing, phenomenal acting. I enjoyed this! 

• Like 2

The World of the Married | Series Review

So much had been said about this widely popular K-drama. It broke records after records. Some even expected Kim Hee-ae to win the Daesang. But what really made The World of the Married super popular in South Korea and among international Korean drama fans? The craze even transformed non-believers into K-drama fanatics. When the K-drama universe was restlessly anticipating the comeback of the much-loved Hallyu stars Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun through The King: Eternal Monarch, this jtbc remake just smashed those high expectations and slowly climbed its way up the ranks as the most-watched Korean drama in cable history.

Kim Hee-ae appeared as the respected Dr. Ji Sun-woo, a loving wife, mother, and career woman. Her world took a severe downturn after she discovered her husband’s cheating fiasco. To make matters worse, all the people surrounding her knew about it – neighbors, workmates, friends, and heck, even her mother-in-law. But what made this drama, which revolved around adultery, different from other series with the same premise? I could only think of one reason: the aftermath of the separation to the couple’s child.

From my point of view, The World of the Married was divided into two seasons: episodes 1-6 were the most thrilling parts. It was what lured the Internet world to tune into the series diligently. Honestly, the first six episodes focused on Lee Tae-oh’s (Park Hae-joon) cheating bonanza with his much younger (very predictable) girlfriend Yeo Da-kyung (Han So-hee). It was satisfying to see them hit rock bottom and leave town, with our heroine being able to keep herself intact despite everything.

But for those of us who were not able to watch the original material, the British series Dr. Foster, we were stunned when Episode 7 (or for me, Season Two) introduced us to a more established Tae-oh and a much wiser Da-kyung. The hooligans were able to bounce back from dirt and returned to their hometown of Gosan to wreak havoc into Sun-woo’s life!

Full review: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/05/20/the-world-of-the-married-series-review/

• Like 2

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/05/20/television/The-World-of-the-Married-JTBC-drama/20200520180500240.html

Lee Mu-saeng is the perfect right-hand man

May 20, 2020

Lee Mu-saeng, who plays Kim Yoon-ki in the hit JTBC drama series "The World of the Married" poses at a cafe in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on May 18, before meeting with the press. [NEWS1]
Lee Mu-saeng, who plays Kim Yoon-ki in the hit JTBC drama series "The World of the Married" poses at a cafe in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on May 18, before meeting with the press. [NEWS1]

Fans of ‘The World of the Married’ rallied around his ‘brand name quality’ role

As the story evolves on JTBC drama series “The World of the Married,” so does the role of Lee Mu-saeng, who plays a colleague and a friend to the protagonist Ji Sun-woo played by Kim Hee-ae. Sometimes Lee’s character, Kim Yoon-ki, is Ji’s only friend as she carefully executes her plan to get back at her husband for being in an extramarital relationship.

“Because my role was created for the Korean remake [of the BBC series “Doctor Foster”], I stuck with my lines and what the writers and directors wanted from my role,” Lee told JTBC, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, shortly after the conclusion of the series on May 16. “I researched a lot about neuropsychiatrists because that was the role that I would play.”  

Kim was a character created for the Korean remake of the BBC original, but some settings were kept in the transition, such as the love story between Ji and Kim. In the BBC original, Gemma, the protagonist, has a thing with James Mahon, a school teacher who has an interest in Gemma.  

And an added setting in the Korean remake version complicates Lee’s role. Kim works at the same hospital as Ji, and for several episodes, appears to have an ulterior motive behind his friendliness toward Ji. 

Lee Mu-saeng, left, plays Kim Yoon-ki, the colleague of protagonist Ji Sun-woo, right, in the hit JTBC drama series ’The World of the Married.“ [JTBC]
Lee Mu-saeng, left, plays Kim Yoon-ki, the colleague of protagonist Ji Sun-woo, right, in the hit JTBC drama series ’The World of the Married.“ [JTBC]

In the end, Kim keeps his interest in Ji to himself, rooting for her from behind the scenes. Some viewers of the series and netizens gave him the nickname, “Lee Mu-saeng-Laurent,” a portmanteau of his name with the name of the French designer Yves Saint-Laurent.    

“He’s the only character in the series that has a brand-name quality personality,” one user posted on Twitter on May 11, explaining why Lee deserves the nickname.  

Lee didn’t expect to finish the series with a nickname.  

“I want to find out who came up with the name so I can thank them in person,” he said. “It does flow well, if that is important. […] I heard that the scenes [where I was involved] provide a bit of respite from all the drama that was going on in the plot. I was happy and thankful to have played such a role.”  

Although Kim wasn’t a knight in shining armor ready to rescue Ji, he remains a steady friend by her side when things get rough between Ji and her husband, played by Park Hae-joon.  

“When Park was around, the set became more energetic,” Lee said. “He was ‘the bad guy’ whenever the cameras rolled, but a completely fun person to be around when they were off.”  

Lee, 40, is married and has two children.    

“I think the high ratings show that the drama conveyed a story about families that people could connect with,” he said. “The role gave me a lot to think about — about what it means to love and live.”  

The series concluded on May 16 with record-high ratings for the channel, reaching nearly 28.4 percent. It became the highest-rated Korean cable drama series in history, surpassing a record set by the channel’s drama series “SKY Castle” last year.    

Lee said he is looking forward to more acting roles in the future.    

“I personally thought the ending of the series gave a hopeful message,” he said. “Since the series did so well, maybe that will mean more opportunities for the actors on the show in the future. That’s something to look forward to.”  

Lee debuted in 2006 in the comedy-action film, “See You After School” and appeared on the popular MBC series “Behind the White Tower” in 2007. He has taken on a variety of roles in action movies like “Running Turtle” (2009) and “Fabricated City” (2017) and darker films such as “Unalterable” (2019).    

BY HWANG SO-YOUNG   [chung.juhee@joongang.co.kr] 

——

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com//2020/05/18/television/married-talk-drama-series//20200518191400171.html

'Married' cast to return for a two-night special on JTBC

May 18, 2020

JTBC drama series "The World of the Married" wrapped up its 16-episode run with a nearly 28.4 percent viewership rating and became the most-watched cable drama series in Korean history. [JTBC]
JTBC drama series "The World of the Married" wrapped up its 16-episode run with a nearly 28.4 percent viewership rating and became the most-watched cable drama series in Korean history. [JTBC]

Cable channel JTBC will air special episodes for fans of the megahit drama series "The World of the Married" on May 22 and 23.    

The series had record-high ratings for the cable channel, reaching nearly 28.4 percent, and became the highest-rated Korean cable drama series in history, surpassing a record set by the channel's drama series “SKY Castle” last year.    

The two night special will consist of clips from interviews with the show's lead actors Kim Hee-ae, Park Hae-joon, Han So-hee, Kim Young-min, Park Sun-young, Lee Mu-saeng and more. The cast will talk about their characters and pick out their favorite scenes from the series.    

Beginning May 29, the BBC drama series from which the Korean drama was adapted, “Doctor Foster,” will air on JTBC at 11 p.m. The two seasons consist of a total of 10 episodes.

BY LEE JAE-LIM   [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]  

• Like 2

Addicting drama, it deserves the hype!

I wanted to ship Sun Woo with Kim Yoon Gi... 

what happened to Min Hyun Seo in the end? 

Spoiler

20200522213407_1463399_1200_768.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I saw the special episode is available on VIU... does anyone know if they sub the special episode?

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BLurBLur said:

I saw the special episode is available on VIU... does anyone know if they sub the special episode?

I found the sub but i do not have the raw from VIU :(

Ratings of Special episode 1 :

Nationwide : 3,90 %

Seoul : 4,78 %

Edit => Ratings of Special episode 2 :

Nationwide : 4,29 %

Seoul : 4,53 %

Edited by poppie
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I just watched the special episodes on Viu and they were both really good. Made me cry again and remember all the key moments from this amazing drama. Also learnt a lot about the costumes, technical details and neat little details about how it’s produced! Have shared more on my blog because it’s too long to write here:

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/05/24/the-world-of-the-married-special-part-1-2/

in short, everyone should watch it! 

• Like 2

I finished the show recently. I have actually watched Doctor Foster before (the show it is based on). I actually watched it earlier in the year. So everything from that show I could still remember very well. What I really liked what they did with TWTGM is the changes the minor changes they made on giving the supporting characters more of a developed storyline. So a lot of small stuff I didn't care for in Doctor Foster was done better in this show. Also, I liked the ending better too. Even though it was similar, I felt there was more of a nicer conclusion. With Doctor Foster ending, I felt like one might want another season or were left with more questions. So I really liked Ye Rim and Je-Hyuk storyline. Even Sun Woo/Tae On relationship ended up being more heartbreaking in the last episode. Even though I still hate the "husband" character. Somehow the cheating husband storylines were developed better :)

• Like 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 24.

Kim Young Min talks about "bed scene" with Kim Hee Ae in "The World of the Married"

5BFF0768-1894-4EB9-9A08-2494E277CBA6.jpg

Actor Kim Young Min (48) has been affectionately nicknamed a "rating fairy". With a smooth start in 2020 after the success of the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN), Kim Young Min continued to cause a fever and affirmed his strong presence in the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC). His biggest concern these days is to maintain stability after hitting the high note of his career. Besides the wish to walk a steady acting path, Kim Young Min is striving to manage himself more thoroughly than anyone. He has used his childlike face that used to be his inferiority complex as an advantage and turned it into a source of motivation to portray various roles on the small and big screen. Now, the actor is determined to apply a mask every day to manage his youthful appearance. His passionate image is really warming fans' hearts.

"The World of the Married" ended on May 16 with a nationwide rating of 28.4% and a metropolitan rating of 31.7% (Nielsen Korea, paid household standard). The work caused a sensation throughout its 16 episodes and achieved the highest ratings among the dramas of non-central stations.

Spoiler

8A296C68-AB0D-4E63-BEC1-C204E5349178.jpg

In the drama, Kim Young Min (as Son Je Hyuk) inflicted an unforgivable heart wound on his wife Park Sun Young (as Go Ye Rim). His repeated affairs broke the couple's trust, which ended up making their relationship unable to recover.

Kim Young Min shared, "I cooperated very well with actress Park Sun Young. She is the one who transmits positive energy to everyone. I was very sad seeing Sun Young confessing about her pain at the end of the drama. I feel related when she cried and said 'I love you but I can't forgive you', and also understand the feelings of the character Je Hyuk who could no longer hold on to her to satisfy his lust. I think this is an ending to look back at the reality that how awful it is to inflict irreversible damage to the other in your closest relationship."

Thanks to the bed scene with Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Sun Woo), Kim Young Min got the nickname "tumbler doll". As soon as the question related to this sensitive scene came out, the actor burst out laughing. He explained, "Not only I but both the director and senior Kim Hee Ae recognized that the bed scene was difficult. I was very worried thinking, 'I have to fully demonstrate the two's psychological welfare in bed, but it's not easy at all', I thought it would take a really long time to film this scene, but it went more smoothly than I thought. In particular, we had no trouble shooting and finished it in just one shot. Senior Kim Hee Ae portrayed the character in this scene so well. Even though I became a real 'tumbler doll' due to the editing process, I think it is right for character Je Hyuk. This nickname clearly represents Je Hyuk's image, as well as the overall feel of this work."

Recalling the scene where he was bickering with Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh) while drinking, Kim Young Min commented, "We quarreled because of our inferiority complex, and this scene showed the extreme of vileness when the two vile guys meet. It was a combination of vileness and unleashed synergy. A strange bromance." In addition, the actor shared, "I appreciate Hae Joon. I don't know if he read comments from the audience but until the very end, he still kept his composure and resolutely maintained the image of his character Lee Tae Oh. I think Hae Joon expressed Lee Tae Oh's joy and sorrow very well. In real life, he is really a playful and easy-going person. Particularly, thanks to his free mind, he does well whether in movies or in real life. I'm very jealous of this."

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = management Play
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 25. 

Han So Hee: "I don't satisfy with my role in 'The World of the Married'"

6DA183DC-943B-44FC-8793-A7587BFCCFB3.jpg

Actress Han So Hee said that although the drama "The World of the Married" had ended successfully, the thing remained in her heart was sadness rather than happiness.

On the afternoon of May 25, Han So Hee took an interview at a café in Nonhyeon Ward, Gangnam District, Seoul on the occasion of the end of the drama "The World of the Married".

In the drama, she played Yeo Da Kyung, the woman who had an affair with Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh), from which she has risen to become an emerging star. She showed off her acting skills that were not inferior to her seniors like Kim Hee Ae or Park Hae Joon when acting alongside them. Beyond the drama's popularity, she has clearly shown her star quality, which made her receive many love calls from dramas, movies, and commercials.

Han So Hee opened up, "It was like I just experienced something I have never experienced in my life. Up to now, I still do not feel this is true. The fact that 'The World of the Married' is successful is not because I did well. Perhaps that's why I feel sad rather than happy. During the interview, I wanted to cry but I was trying to hold it back."

The reason Han So Hee felt overwhelmingly sad was that there was no scene that she could fully act out 100%. The actress evaluated herself, "Maybe that's why the feeling of regret still remains in me. Actually, depending on how much an actor understands their role, the acting ability will be different as well. By the time I fully understood it, the drama had already ended, so it's a pity. I don't feel satisfied at all."

Next, Han So Hee shared, "At first, I acted in a deliberate manner. But when I kept acting the scenes, I started to have a common point with Da Kyung. I showed the later intentional actions more naturally. When I thought I had become more natural, the 16 episodes unfortunately came to an end. It feels as if when I tried hard to show something, it would go sour. I also learned from watching senior Kim Hee Ae's acting. But once I am immersed in the character, I do not need to think like that while acting. I am sorry that I put myself into character Da Kyung while I still hadn't fully understood her. However, this role will surely become my biggest example when participating in my next works. I think it depends on how much I get into the character that makes the work become different."

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = 9ato Entertainment

——

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 27. 

Han So Hee: "Tattoos or smoking? I of the past or present are all me"

Actress Han So Hee (25) has risen to be a star 3 years after her debut. She met a lifetime work with the role of Yeo Da Kyung, the mistress of Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh) in the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC). She wasn't crowded out when interfering in the relationship of 2 veteran actors Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Sun Woo) and Park Hae Joon. Furthermore, Han So Hee earned warm support from the audience when creating Yeo Da Kyung's strong world in her own way. Currently, every move of her is of special interest to the public. This shows how "hot" Han So Hee is. With the star quality beyond the drama's popularity, Han So Hee is receiving lots of love calls from dramas, movies, and advertisements.

In real life, Han So Hee owns an open and sincere charm, completely different from her character Yeo Da Kyung in the drama. She shared, "As Han So Hee, I cannot understand Yeo Da Kyung. I tried to understand and acted from the standpoint of Yeo Da Kyung." Han So Hee said that despite causing a craze and bringing off everything, she felt sad rather than happy. She expressed regret when parting the drama "The World of the Married".

- What kind of person director Mo Wan II is?
- He is like a genius. Director Mo Wan Il highlighted the stories of all the characters in the drama, and I think this is 100% attributed to his directing ability. He advised us to act with feelings to get rid of the usual stereotypes. In the scene of Sun Woo going into the sea, I was really amazed not knowing how Kim Hee Ae could make such an expression. Didn't she laugh when plunging into the ocean?

- What actor is closest to you?
- I'm close to (Shim) Eun Woo, and we still keep in touch with each other. Maybe because we are peers, we feel comfortable together. She is really calm, mature, and strong on the inside. I have childlike sides so I often ask her for advice. I also get along so good with (Jeon) Jin Seo, the boy playing Joon Young in the drama. Jin Seo entered grade 10 this year. Maybe my mind is kind of youthful so I find him very interesting. I also often rely on him. I and Jin Seo were always the earliest at the filming set. We have to start off by adapting to that environment, so both of us notice this thing. During the filming, his height has grown by 7-8 cm. Even his height knew to act (laugh). Ro Eun in the role of Jenny - my daughter, is so lovely. In the drama, there was a scene where she had to eat unripe grapes and follow the director's order, she was acting very smoothly. In the sleeping scene, she slept for real. I was so surprised. She's only 4 but she is indeed an innate actor. Even though she was already full, she still tried to eat chicken legs to complete the scene. On the site, people called her 'talented actor class'."

- Is it your view on love or marriage that changes?
- I'm heartbroken watching the drama as a viewer. Everyone can experience this story because of its realistic nature. Having watched the drama, I now understand that we couldn't just simply get married just out of love. Unless you're strong, you can't keep your home happy. It's not something that can be built on emotions. Perhaps, I'm incapable of getting (Laugh). It looks so strenuous. My friends who have been married all told me not to do so.

- Image of you with tattoos and smoking is catching the public's eye again.
- I of the past or present are all me. Things keep changing when you try to adapt to something in your life. But I think that dreams are something that usually doesn't change. I don't regret it. It was just 4 years ago. There was nothing so different compared to now. Even if saying that wasn't my mistake in the past, I'm not sure I'm living fine now. However, I do this job with the only thought that "Do not do what makes you feel ashamed." Because this job requires a positive influence, I won't do anything embarrassing and try to head forwards rather than backward.

- The number of your female fans has increased dramatically through the past blogs.
- I think it's because of the subtle empathy. Except for a characteristic job, I'm just a girl in her 20s who is working hard in this era. I want to share such lots of things when interacting with fans. I'm not excellent, I just want to make combinations like "I'm tired of this today, how about you?". If you live hard, it may be tiring sometimes to eat only a meal. Someone told me great things, but sometimes, instead, caring sayings like "Didn't you eat? Take a meal" have become my greatest source of strength. It seems everyone likes friendly and approachable images.

- You have truly felt your popularity, so you will definitely feel a burden on the next work.
- A little bit. (Laughing) In the old days, I could walk the streets and buy clothes. But everyone now recognizes me as Da Kyung, so I feel magical and a little bit pressured. I have to be more mature to meet the public's expectations. I personally feel a little worried about whether I can meet everyone's expectations.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = 9ato Entertainment

• Like 1

My thoughts on ep 16:

Although it was sad, it was a reasonable ending. At that point, Joon Young has been through so much that he needed to run away to find himself. Sunwoo knows where he is too, but she accepted that it's better to leave JY alone hence why we saw Sunwoo talking about forgiveness and acceptance at the end. There are many life lessons in this drama as it incorporated a ton of social issues, which is definitely something I appreciate because it makes an drama/movie meaningful. 

The World of the Married Life Lessons:

1. Once trust is broken, things won't be the same.

2. Life isn't all pinky all the time so hang in there

3. Appreciate the things you have

4. You will still hurt by an unfortunate incident even after years

5. Karma is real

6. DON'T CHEAT!!! 

Cheers to one of the best K-dramas ever! Also the best remake because I think TWOM is much better than Doctor Foster in terms of direction and acting. Music fits the drama so well so props to the composers. They really helped elevating the mood of the drama.

• Like 2

Han So Hee Talks About Empathizing With Her “The World Of The Married” Character, Her Bed Scene With Park Hae Joon, And More

May 26, 2020
by S. Cho
e337b4c7ba9e49689dd99af5f45fef28.jpeg?s=

Han So Hee from “The World of the Married” recently sat down for an interview with News1 to discuss the ups and downs of her character, working with her veteran co-stars, and more.

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” set viewership records as soon as it premiered and went on to become the drama with the highest viewership ratings ever achieved on a Korean cable network.

Han So Hee received praise from viewers for her convincing acting throughout the show as pilates instructor Yeo Da Kyung, an only child born to a wealthy family. She has an affair with main character Lee Tae Oh (played by Park Hae Joon) and comes in between him and his wife Ji Sun Woo (played by Kim Hee Ae). Although she eventually becomes his wife, her own “world of the married” comes crumbling down when she finally decides to leave Lee Tae Oh.

more

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1402598wpp/han-so-hee-talks-about-empathizing-with-her-the-world-of-the-married-character-her-bed-scene-with-park-hae-joon-and-more

• Like 1

Han So Hee Reflects On Working With “The World Of The Married” Co-Star Kim Hee Ae

May 27, 2020
by L. Kim
79c7f78595ef41b7aff390bc7c44ac0a.jpeg?s=

Han So Hee from JTBC’s “The World of the Married” recently sat down for an interview and talked about what it was like to film with her role model Kim Hee Ae.

“The World of the Married” set viewership records as soon as it premiered and went on to become the drama with the highest viewership ratings ever achieved on a Korean cable network.

Han So Hee received praise from viewers for her convincing acting throughout the show as pilates instructor Yeo Da Kyung, an only child of a wealthy family. She has an affair with the main character Lee Tae Oh (played by Park Hae Joon) and comes in between him and his wife Ji Sun Woo (played by Kim Hee Ae). Although she eventually becomes his wife, her own “world of the married” comes crumbling down when she finally decides to leave Lee Tae Oh.

Han So Hee didn’t hold back her admiration for Kim Hee Ae. She said, “It was difficult to act in front of a senior actress like Kim Hee Ae. The most difficult scene was where I had to hit the back of her head. I thought I shouldn’t hit her too lightly, but then I [felt bad about hitting her] properly, and I had to be in control of Yeo Da Kyung. It was even more difficult because it wasn’t only the two of us. The other senior actors were there also.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1402897wpp/han-so-hee-reflects-on-working-with-the-world-of-the-married-co-star-kim-hee-ae

• Like 1

May Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

May 31, 2020
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 30 to May 30.

The stars of JTBC’s smash hit drama “The World of the Married” swept the top three spots on this month’s list, with Kim Hee Ae at No. 1, Han So Hee at No. 2, and Park Hae Joon at No. 3.

Kim Hee Ae scored a total brand reputation index of 8,535,260 for May, while Han So Hee followed close behind with a score of 8,346,968. Finally, Park Hae Joon earned a total index of 5,658,462 for the month.

High-ranking phrases in Kim Hee Ae’s keyword analysis included “The World of the Married,” “ratings,” and “Park Hae Joon,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “pour out,” “relate,” and “sympathize.” The actress’s positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 83.09 positive reactions.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Kim Hee Ae
  2. Han So Hee
  3. Park Hae Joon

15. Park Sun Young

18. Kim Young Min

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403674wpp/may-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-announced

• Like 3

2 hours ago, poppie said:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Kim Hee Ae
  2. Han So Hee
  3. Park Hae Joon

The success of this drama is shown in number of advertisements/ new roles/ pictorials they get. I saw many actors from this drama getting more recognition. 

I think Kim Hee ae will get many awards this year. Deservetly so.

• Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

Chairwoman Choi - Her words to SW about her actions creating so many wounds in my opinion echo the old adage of women and self-sacrifice. Again, suffer quietly, smile, keep up appearances and then everyone will be happy. The chairwoman always gave me the impression that she was always right on the line of almost losing it. When she first encountered SW and was diagnosed with the STD's, she practically ordered SW to tell her that it was because of contact at a spa or gym. SW represents the courage women in her generation just don't have. They have been too indoctrinated.

Thank you for your detailed observations. Great read.

There is a scene earlier in the show when Sun-Woo was buying a lot of wine and ran into Chairman Choi's wife. She said, "It's not fun if you give up so quickly." I.e., don't just sit around feeling sad and getting drunk every night, do something.

I don't think Chairman Choi's wife just wanted Sun-Woo to suffer silently and give up. She just doesn't agree with the scorched earth approach that Sun-Woo eventually took.

• Like 3

The biggest kdrama this year no doubt. TWOTM's popularity in South Korea is no joke. I can't remember when was the last time a drama spawn out this many parodies and memes. This is funny considering twotm is so intense. Parodies and memes of the drama are everywhere, and these parodies are actually quality content :D highly recommend yall to watch. 

Spoiler

• Like 2