[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

For tomorrow last EP, my guess is TO may commit suicide due to depression, abandonment and post-traumatic stress disorder

Definitely looks like he might be on the verge of trying to end his life, but I sure hope he does not succeed. He doesn't deserve escape, not when he hasn't, not even once, apologized to either of the women he hurt and betrayed so badly. It's amazing and hard to believe that after all of his actions and all of the things Sun Woo and Da Kyung have said to him (especially about honesty/lying), that not for once has he ever truly thought he did anything wrong. I'm even beginning to doubt whether Tae Oh truly loves his children. Are they just pawns to keep the mother-figure-wives and money around? (As an aside, I can't believe he even needed Da Kyung to get him kimchi to go with his ramen!) Or are  having his kids close just a way for him to feel superior and loved? Park Hae Joon put in some pretty good crying/despair scenes in Ep 15 which made me have a glimmer of hope that maybe he finally realizes his wrongdoing...but...nope. Hasn't happened yet. One can hope for Ep 16??

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During 14 episodes, I really hated Tae Oh. But in the second to last episode, I pitied him. Am I masochistic ??? I understand Sun Woo with her love/hate towards Tae Oh. But facts do not lie : Tae Oh is as ***hole who not only cheated on his wife but stole her, paid a crazy man to scare her and kicked her out of town. I juste have to repeat it again and again.

Based on the preview, it seems that Tae Oh found a new woman to bleed her ? Jae Hyuk was right, what a skillful man. I am impressed :D Will Sun Woo be jealous ? I think she will. Will my ship with Yoon Ki sink ? :tears:

Kim Hee Ae Talks About Her Character In “The World Of The Married,” Passion For Acting, And More

May 15, 2020
by C. Lee
356d34540d8047cb8678d997fdb980a1.jpeg?s=

Kim Hee Ae has graced the cover of the June issue of Elle magazine!

The actress, who makes her grand presence felt while playing Ji Sun Woo in the popular ongoing JTBC drama “The World of the Married,” showed off her elegant and daring style, wearing a black slip dress paired with jewelry from Tiffany & Co. in one version of the cover and posing against the wall in the other.

In the accompanying interview, Kim Hee Ae explained her character in “The World of the Married.” She said, “Ji Sun Woo is someone who does her best to live in an honest manner and doesn’t care about what anyone thinks when expressing her emotions. In some ways, she does have an aggressive and stubborn side to her. Regardless, I think viewers are relating to and supporting her confidence and honesty.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1400428wpp/kim-hee-ae-talks-about-her-character-in-the-world-of-the-married-passion-for-acting-and-more

“The World Of The Married” Makes Cable TV History By Breaking Its Own Ratings Record; “The King: Eternal Monarch” Sinks To All-Time Low

May 16, 2020
by E. Cha
0169af510a3b43d2a88aa1d9d6b6eeeb.jpeg?s=

With just one episode left in its run, JTBC’s “The World of the Married” has soared to new heights!

On May 15, the penultimate episode of “The World of the Married” set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama in Korean cable network history. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the smash hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 24.44 percent, breaking its own record of 24.33 percent from earlier this month.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400622wpp/the-world-of-the-married-makes-cable-tv-history-by-breaking-its-own-ratings-record-the-king-eternal-monarch-sinks-to-all-time-low

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

“The World Of The Married” Unveils Sneak Peek Of Kim Hee Ae’s Final Decision

May 16, 2020
by L. Kim
3dc76732ff7a445492a03cf51346db1f.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” has viewers on the edge of their seats with its glimpse of the final episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “The World of the Married,” Ji Sun Woo (Kim Hee Ae) revealed the true nature of Lee Tae Oh (Park Hae Joon) to Yeo Da Kyung (Han So Hee). Yeo Da Kyung, who had tried to salvage her relationship with Lee Tae Oh, was unable to handle his obsession with his ex-wife and eventually decided to leave him for good. Lee Tae Oh, burning with anger and resentment for losing everything, kidnapped his own son Lee Joon Young (Jeon Jin Seo), shocking Ji Sun Woo and the viewers.

On May 16, the drama released new stills of Ji Sun Woo and Lee Tae Oh. Lee Tae Oh calls Ji Sun Woo, who comes rushing to his side. His eyes that were once filled with anger and bitterness are now just empty. Ji Sun Woo gazes at him with a mix of worry and caution. Lee Tae Oh gets into the back of her car, and Ji Sun Woo just helplessly watches from the side. The unusual meeting between the two ex-lovers amplifies curiosity about how the drama is going to end.

park-hae-joon1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1400662wpp/the-world-of-the-married-unveils-sneak-peek-of-kim-hee-aes-final-decision

Okay so I saw some clips from ep 16 on JTBC on youtube. Can anyone tell me if JY is back for real? Some people think it's her imagination some people think it's real. I hope it's real because if not I will be so sad. 

10 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

Okay so I saw some clips from ep 16 on JTBC on youtube. Can anyone tell me if JY is back for real? Some people think it's her imagination some people think it's real. I hope it's real because if not I will be so sad. 

Real...but I guess with the actor's controversy, they chose not to film with him.

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Real...but I guess with the actor's controversy, they chose not to film with him.

If you are saying about the smoking and drinking, is not this actor. Is the actor playing his classmate, the one he bashed in school.

Highest Rated K-dramas in Cable Television

Rank / Drama / Network / Highest rated episode (AGB nationwide)
1. The World of the Married (JTBC) - 28.371% 

2. Sky Castle (JTBC) - 23.779%

3. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 21.683%

4. Reply 1988 (tvN) - 18.803%

5. Goblin (tvN) - 18.680%

6. Mr. Sunshine (tvN) - 18.129%

7. Itaewon Class (JTBC) - 16.548%

8. 100 Days My Prince (tvN) - 14.412%

9. Hospital Playlist (tvN) - 12.701%

10. Signal (tvN) - 12.544%

11. The Lady in Dignity (JTBC) - 12.065%

12. Hotel del Luna (tvN) - 12.001%

——

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400807wpp/the-world-of-the-married-ends-by-smashing-its-own-record-for-highest-drama-ratings-in-cable-tv-history

“The World Of The Married” Ends By Smashing Its Own Record For Highest Drama Ratings In Cable TV History

May 16, 2020
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” has gone out with a bang!

On May 16, the series finale of the wildly popular drama made history by setting a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama on a Korean cable network.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “The World of the Married” scored an average nationwide rating of 28.37 percent, easily beating its own record of 24.44 percent from the night before.

“The World of the Married” was a hit from the start, immediately setting a JTBC ratings recordwith its premiere right out of the gate. However, things only got better from there: the drama saw its viewership soar over the course of its 16-episode run, with its ratings climbing to new heights with nearly every new episode. By its 12th episode, the drama succeeded in dethroning the smash hit “SKY Castle,” which held the previous record for the highest drama ratings in cable network history.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The World of the Married” on their impressive achievement!

Did you tune in to the finale of “The World of the Married”? What did you think of the ending? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Source (1)

WOW! 4% jump! Just insane, this is what this drama deserves, of course. Here some of my opinions about the finale. While the dramatic, frustrating moments of TWOM were perfectly done - honestly, I LOVED watching SW and JY being just happy in the first half of the episode, it was SO pure. I could just watch them being family; seeing SW as mother (while she's not mother of the year, she loves him so much, it's simply beautiful to watch) and JY having his coming-of-age story too, was cute. OMG, I was SOO happy to see YR leave. I completely understood why she did that and I'm happy she found her own way to stand on her feet :) DK's ending is what Iexpected, she was chilling with her dad's money but at least, she seems to be going for what she wanted to do in life. This time she seemed to not to go for old, married dude, at least she learns lol I've already seen some people not being fully satisfied with the finale. I guess what I missed was some closure for a psychiatrist, he just kinda was there. I did not ship him with SW, at all, but it seems that screenwriter could not fit him into story after he saved SW. I know she was not important character but I wished we get some info on Noeul's mom. Maybe smth more about the snake, but well, she got what the wanted, the position, so it's fine, I guess. What most people wanted was suger-coated happy ending for SW. And I get it, but I absolutely understood why the acted they way she did in this ep. She is faaaar away from perfect, strong heroine that some try to potray her as. Even though, she's still a badass lol But people like this simply don't exist. She's flawed and her actions were accurate to how she was through most of the show. Till very end I didn't feel ANY pity for TO, period. The last scene with him truly showed what kind of person he is without SW or DK (and her family's money). JY deserved to get some richard simmons thrown at him for how he was to his own mather at times, but at the end, he was the biggest victim of the whole series. My heart broke for him :( I loved the last scene tho, my eyes were blurry haha Overall, a good finish to a great drama. It had some weaker points - for me, especially ep 11. It was still really consistent, but most importantly, VERY entertaining but frustrating at the same time, the best combination :P I'm not biggest k-drama watcher but I'm glad I gave this one ago, it was a crazy ride. Great job to actors (maybe the best part of the show imo, I hope Kim Hee-ae will get ALL the awards), to the writer who gave us ALL the drama, and we were still not bored by it till the last episode, even though, there were some couldn't handle all of it haha, to director - beautifully shot show and I know it was controversial, but the scene of ep 8, was shot SO well, it was truly horryfying. Also, to stylists (SW's style>>>>) and all the staff who made this show to be of this quality; great job, I'm happy that their job was appreciated by so many. 

Ugh. Awful just awful. Only winner - Ye Rim. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Disappointed in Jae Hyuk...really fooled me LoL. Thought he changed for the better but nope guess not~ 

Tae Oh is just a huge whiny man-child isn't he!? And Joon Young (sigh) one bad decision by the man of the household destroys so many others.. Don't know why he didn't get run over by the white truck of Doom tsk. Da Kyung resumes her life, money does wonders indeed. And she has a secret admirer too. 

Well, there goes the end of another drama. It was fun. I still stand by that this drama was good at 9-10 ep. But because of ratings they dragged it to crazy (literally) proportions. It is as disappointing as Sky Castle. Had a great start and due to ratings they tossed quality storylines for shock value. Bye everyone, be safe take care. XoxoX. 

I just relieved that the drama has ended.

I don't expect JY ran away like that for that long time. I read that the british version ended with the disapperance of the son. So, I guess Korea version has nicer ending. Though some knetz said it could be dr. Ji illusion. But I personally think a year++ is enough for JY. He also needs to move on and has a future. So it's a good ending to see him back.

Well i don’t pity TO at all he reaped what he sowed. He had a wonderful family that others would envy but he chose to cheat just because he felt stifled by his wife’s success. 
I don’t know why SW hesitate to really let go off TO. That made JY confused. I guess no matter how strong a woman SW is she cannot deny the fact that she had some feelings left for him. After all there was love between them in the years they were together, that was apparent in the flashback scene of them together at breakfast.

TWOTM was a good show everything from the characters to the ost even the dialog was superb. 

21 hours ago, bananacad said:

any thought on perhaps a season 2? Do you think there would be one, or the current ending should be left untouched? 

No, they won't be any S2, and I hope not. The ending is almost perfect.

The writer/director can read well on the majority of the female audience thought. Nowaday, Women can live happily and independently without men, they can pursue their dreams whenever they can and afford to.

Ko Ye-Rim - she made a wise decision to leave her ex-husband because she knew that he is still a womaniser. I like the writer giving her a chance to forgive him once (everyone should deserve a 2nd chance if she still loves him deeply) BUT since he repeated the same mistakes, there is no way turn back, she is bold enough to decide her own destiny. Bravo.

Yeo Da-Kyung - i like the ending for her in the library, it shown that she is further her studies, she did not even give a chance to the admirer. What is the message from here, it said that woman can decide what she wants to pursue at that point of time, she will not waste time for love anymore. She is still young and pretty, her dream should come first. 2nd Bravo

Sul Myung-Sook - she finally got what she wanted as an Associate Director in the hospital. A message from here, A Single Woman can still hold a high position in an organisation. A implicit message from this drama is to awake the korean society. Thumbs up

Ji Sun-Woo - choose not to get back to TO is a wise choice because TO has never even let it go all these while. She is strong and independent while stubborn at time, but the flaws made her understand better to become a better mum. She needs to understand she can't be overprotective for the child. Many people disappointed why she did not end up with Dr Kim Yoon-Ki, there again, I highlighted above that woman can decide and choose what they want best in their life and for their children.

Lee Tae-Oh - I felt sad for him, because of his repeated behaviour that caused him depression that he chose to run over and get hit by the van (almost died of suicide). The worst part was he did not forget and forgive what SW had ruin his life all these while. He used the wrong words when he begged SW to get back at the Italian restaurant. How could he say, "I will forgive you, so you should forgive me too". He had forgotten his own sin that he was the first one started off the extramarital affair. Wrong choice of words that can have reverse effect. Same for SW that she told him with anger......"just go and kill yourself". Anger is an acid can destroy everything. He just have to live with the consequences at the end.

Lee Joon-Young - A victim but rebellious kid that needs to go for therapy. He needs time to hue the wound. He will understand better when he becomes a parent one day. Sometime, a teenage comes from a single parent can grow more mature even faster. His return at the end is probably a positive sign for SW.

Overall this drama is awesome. The message is crystal clear. Women make decision is on different stages of their lifetime, heavily dependent on whether they are in their early, middle or late stage of their life path, for their career or relationship or marriage or health issue. No matter which stage they are in, they should decide what are their priorities and enjoy their life to the fullest. :)

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 16. 

"The World of the Married" ends with top-notch viewership ratings of cable television

AAD353C0-4980-4E3F-8F61-080324AFA30C.jpg

The viewership rating of "The World of the Married" hit 31% and wrote a new history for dramas of non-terrestrial TV stations.

On May 16, the Fri-Sat original TV series "The World of the Married" (JTBC Studio) officially ended and left a deep resonance on the audience. Apart from numerous positive reviews, the final episode also reached the viewership rating of 28.4% nationwide and 31.7% in the capital region (according to standards for households using paid platforms, Nielsen Korean). As such, the drama brought out an impressive ending with an astonishing achievement as it once again broke the record among the non-terrestrial station dramas.

After a storm that was unlikely to end, Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Sun Woo) and Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh) finally put an end to their awful relationship entangling them. Kim Hee Ae, who had been through hell because of the love that collapsed in just a moment, the pain of loss swallowing her life and the feeling of being betrayed, put all her effort to protect her own world. The narration showed that the remnants of that storm were a deep echo in the viewers' mind as it pointed out the nature of love and relationships. The end of "The World of the Married" has gained a lot of compliments from the viewers.

Park Hae Joon came to find Kim Hee Ae with an emaciated appearance, expressing stubbornness and nostalgia, “Let's start again. From the beginning, you were the only one with me. Give me one more chance. Isn't it the family?". However, the one who felt disillusioned and more frustrated than Kim Hee Ae is Jeon Jin Seo (as Lee Joon Young). As the inner hurt began to heal, Lee Joon Young once again wavered. Kim Hee Ae's feelings also became complicated when looking at Park Hae Joon. It's obvious that they ended, but when Park Hae Joon almost got hit by a truck, the first person to run was Kim Hee Ae. In vague remorse, the two hugged and cried. Witnessing the scene that made him feel fed up and disgusted, Jeon Jin Seo disappeared as if he wanted to run away from reality.

Just like that, a year has passed. Park Hae Joon is preparing to move on. Kim Hee Ae silently waited for her son while living with the painful realization that she had lost the most important thing because of the petty emotions. Kim Hee Ae talked to herself, "We painfully repeat the mistakes we have made. Moreover, if we don't handle that pain and endure every day, it will probably come to you like an old debt. It is the moment that I can forgive myself." Jeon Jin Seo has returned as a signal that she can now forgive herself. The final segment of Kim Hee Ae has touched the viewers' hearts and created a complete ending.

Kim Hee Ae and Park Hae Joon's relationship ended only after they lost Jeon Jin Seo. The promises for the future when they were in love are now meaningless things, but the two feel both hate and compassion for each other. Kim Hee Ae gradually realized "Letting a person, who shares most of the lives together, out of a marriage relationship is giving away one part of their body. And that pain continues to dull between the two." It was not until she realized this that she could let go of the "arrogance with the thought that she is the one who set the rules, judges and is responsible in all situations." The moment of salvation came to Kim Hee Ae after she gave up all obsessions in her heart is the perfect ending for her to reflect on it long after.

"The World of the Married" has pointed out precisely from the beginning until the end the true nature of love as well as the reverse of a relationship that is not easily severed. And this is the end that couldn't be more perfect for the drama.

The special episode of "The World of the Married" including interviews with the cast and the drama's prominent scenes will be broadcast at 10:50 pm (KST) May 22 and 23.

Reporter Hwang So Young/ hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Ko Ye-Rim - she made a wise decision to leave her ex-husband because she knew that he is still a womaniser. I like the writer giving her to forgive him once (everyone should deserve a 2nd chance if she still loves him deeply) but since he repeated the same mistakes, there is no way turn back, she is bold enough to decide her own destiny. Bravo.

Did JH really cheat a second time after they remarried? What i got from that scene when YR was crying after looking thru JH phone was not because she found out he cheated but because she was sad she still felt that distrust for him. I can understand her feeling that she will forever be looking over her shoulder. 

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Did JH really cheat a second time after they remarried? What i got from that scene when YR was crying after looking thru JH phone was not because she found out he cheated but because she was sad she still felt that distrust for him. I can understand her feeling that she will forever be looking over her shoulder. 

Yes. the trust has broken once again because of JH repeated mistakes (trigger event that made her on 2nd thought on that evening). She doesn't want to live in fear for every night that she could hear messages received in her husband's mobile phone. She cried that night was because she was struggling whether to cling on or to let go because she still have feeling for him. But, JH was a jerk, he never treasure and satisfied what he had all these while, he still finding another woman when he shop with her at the bakery shop. That idiot. Sigh...:crazy:

On earlier part of the EP that shown YR and JH get together, i was wondering why the writer did that storyline for them, now i understand the writer intention that he wanted a woman to have an option in life - i.e. YR to give him and herself a chance to reconcile, but it was JH that never treasure the chance and thus broke the trust again. I personally like the writer set up on this plot. The writer is to let any woman to have options in life - we should not make hasty decision, give ourselves a chance and also to others. If really can't work (for this case, it is the husband who doesn't make effort), then it has to put an end and move on. YR is a brave woman and I like her ending.

There is only one couple that the wife did not chose divorce after she discovered her husband got affair with other woman, i.e. Chairman Choi's wife. She measure the consequences and she did it because of the social status and economic benefits.

Talking about trust, modern women can decide to trust or distrust her men while during ancient days (or our granny days) they would rather chose to close one eye as long as their husbands come back with money or continue to take care of their children because their husbands are the breadwinners. We are lucky that we born in this current world that we still hold the keys to happiness:D

Archived