[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

3 hours ago, larus said:

I think this time Sun Woo won`t ruin directly his marriage, Tae Oh`s indecision will make him lose everything.

Talking about the men indecisiveness, I found something interesting that most men are indecisive especially when they are the one who started off this affair (self-guilt feeling) and they knew that their wives did nothing wrong seriously. Most cases that I handled in the past, were the men who liked to drag and indecisive plus my own sister who was the one initiated and decided to call it a quit, sad to say that their children are the victims. I noticed that when a man is indecisive, it may potentially post a risk to this type of shaky relationship, because he is not sure if he’s happy in his relationship or if he needs to make a change. When this man doesn’t know what he wants, he will drag to buy time or need time to sort out things first, as we could see on the earlier EP when SW confronted TO twice, but he couldn't man up and decide.  I do think that Time is of the essence. To wait or not to wait, very much depending on the wife's character if the husband is so indecisive. I still believe the main root cause for being indecisive is fear of failure. Whatever decision he made, he knew that he would hurt someone's feeling (which he had already done) and now he is living with the consequences. 

On the last part of EP 12, after they slept together, he even asked a naive question whether he should get back to SW, we could imagine this guy how indecisive when it comes to matters of the heart.  Of course if TO is a rational guy and good decision maker, there won't be a dramaland. :w00t::D

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I do think that Time is of the essence. To wait or not to wait, very much depending on the wife's character if the husband is so indecisive. I still believe the main root cause for being indecisive is fear of failure. Whatever decision he made, he knew that he would hurt someone's feeling (which he had already done) and now he is living with the consequences. 

The first time, Tae Oh had an affair for two years and, as we saw, he wasn`t ready to make a decission. Da Kyung pressured him and he dragged to make a decission. She put evidence of an affair to make Sun woo discover everything. When his wife started to suspect him, what he did? He still continued with the relationship hoping that his wife won`t find out.  He said that he loved them both. He was still indecisive with the matter of the heart.  Of course, there was the fear that he would hurt them and  I think it was most about his selfishness. He knew well that the situation will hurt Sun Woo the most. He did not want her to find out because he knew that everything will be over not that he will hurt her. And he still could not make a decission. This man can’t man up and decide what he wants. If it was possible, he would have liked to live with both forever. 

He never made a firm decision to stay with Da kyung either. Exterior forces/circumstances decided for him. When his mistress became pregnant I thought that this will make up his mind. Nope... Sun Woo decided to divorce him because he did not even appologize or give a hint that he will chose to fight for his marriage. 

Now... he is indecisive again. :w00t: He never learn anything from the last incident.  You can`t have your cake and eat it too. Make up your mind fast! This time he doesn`t have any time left. His wife is already suspisious of him, his father in law has both eyes on him and Sun woo told him that he should chose his new family.

OMG, Tae Oh took man indecisiveness  on another level. I will talk with you more on KSY thread because I remember an old drama with the same subject. I thought I disliked that man because of indeciveness but compared with Tae Oh, I should pity him.

7 hours ago, larus said:

Of course, there was the fear that he would hurt them and  I think it was most about his selfishness. He knew well that the situation will hurt Sun Woo the most. He did not want her to find out because he knew that everything will be over not that he will hurt her.

The truth about selfishness - it stems from fear factor, the fear of failure, the fear of losing out, the fear of uncertainty (the unknown), the fear of lost control, etc.. and thus human became selfish in their motives and behaviour so that they want to be in charge and in control of the situation.  I will not repeat comment for TO motive as already mentioned on my much earlier post. Sometimes the fears happen on the unconscious level and as a result we find ourselves fearing on the harmless matter or objects.

If we think carefully, Fear is the toxic that hinder our progress and our thinking, it discourage us not to move forward, not to improve further. I like this drama brought up his inner fear (self-inferior due to his past background, lack of confident and lack of self-worth, which he may not aware) that caused him selfish behaviour. In other words, he put his goal, priorities and needs come first before everyone else, even at the expense of hurting others. Fear can become a disorder if don't manage properly. A therapy is needed when required. To overcome fear, we need to accept it, face it, and deal with it.

Why I share the fear factor is because this toxic is one of the major causes for all the human behaviour...:)

25 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If we think carefully, Fear is the toxic that hinder our progress and our thinking, it discourage us not to move forward, not to improve further.

Yes, sure it is. Everyone has a fear, even Sun woo, but look at her. She is courageous. What`s what is all about.

She speaks her mind, takes risks but she is thinking of others too. She is not an iron lady. She has vulnerabilities, can be hurt, needs help. It is hard for her to open her heart again but I hope she will want to be happy again. Being single or not, I want her to find piece in her mind and heart.

I wouldn't describe Tae-Oh as indecisive. He's pretty decisive about doing the wrong thing.

For example, when he came over to talk to Sun-Woo, I thought it was ridiculous how he insisted that if Sun-Woo had simply let it remain a passing affair, they would still be together. That it is somehow her fault that they're in this mess? Because she did give him a chance to come clean, and even told him she would try to forgive him, and he lied and denied it quite vehemently, even telling her she is crazy to accuse him of things like that, and how he would NEVER.

My point is, he is very deliberate about his actions. This isn't some passing fancy, some impulsive mistake. We first knew it when we saw photos of him going on some trip with Da-Gyeong and *all* their mutual friends. I mean, it takes a special amount of gall for them to do that, and it's even more galling that they moved back to Gosan. And let's not forget, he deliberately hired a known violent person to harass her.

I know some people feel that Sun-Woo is better off just moving away and moving on, but I don't think they're taking into account how Tae-Oh is completely nuts and obsessed with her. 

Does anyone think that DK got pregnant on purpose to force TO's hand? They had been together for two years but he was in no hurry to divorce SW despite his complaints about her. 

I feel bad for the psychiatrist. He got friendzoned hard. But I guess if you've been hitting on a woman for two years and she still says no, it's time to take the hint and move on. He definitely shouldn't date Dr. Sul though...

Passionate angry devouring. Sun Woo.  Maybe all the frustration and ager and mixed in that liplocking kissy hissy devouringly crave.

jongski expression---->:huh::blink::o:o:o:o:vicx::weary::weary:

Oh well excuse us! :lol:

* all twt post ctto*

1 hour ago, ilu2 said:

I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't get back with her ex husband especially after every creepy things he's done.

Ditto. Maybe she just wants to prove a point. She still will have the last laugh.

TO deserve to have  miserable sh*tty life for all the  cheating vile, manipulative, obsessive stalking, plotting to hurt, trying to kill SW.

Once a person hits you, chances are he will do it again. Hey, it applies in real life.  And what TO did, he's lucky he's stil moving around freely.  But of course... this is drama..toxicity of marriage and aftermath of cheating and divorce.

I want to quote @Ameera Ali early on the drama thread after ep 1 and  2. Can see and feel it a mile away. Because TO is such....

On 4/4/2020 at 3:31 AM, Ameera Ali said:

the man is the devil :joy:

And  to quote myself because...

On 4/20/2020 at 3:40 AM, jongski said:

And SW. I feel her anger. I want her to do everything so she gets back that stability.  She's the one being stepped on. The one, who got hurt, the one who got cheated on, the one who's medicial position and work  is being jeopardize because of pyscho TO.

TO should be crawling  on his knees.  Please SW, you gotta kick "ball/s and junks".Solar plexus and all! :joy:

And thumbs up the actors in this drama able to draw out viewers different emotions.... of toxicity.

knetz/ intl viewers/netizes.. there's  a lot of post about the drama.

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [5th Week of April, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from April 27 to May 3 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 5.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 5th week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 30.74% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 26.16% 0)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 8.86% (0)

4. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 5.89% (0)

5. MBC “365: One Year Against Destiny” - 4.4% (1)

6. SBS “Good Casting“ - 4.0% (NEW)

7. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 3.46% (+1)

8. tvN “Memorist“ - 2.27% (+3)

9. KBS2 “Once Again“ - 2.13% (+3)

10. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - 1.98% (-1)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 5th week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (0)

3. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (0)

4. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (+1)

5. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (-1)

6. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - Lee Bo-young (+5)

7. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (+1)

8. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - Yoo Ji-tae (+4)

9. SBS “Good Casting“ - Choi Kang-hee (NEW)

10. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (-1)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

—————————

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 05.

"The World of the Married" keeps taking Korea by storm with intense development

CE04-E1-B3-A453-4833-8-ED9-8494-F751439-

"The World of the Married" is constantly setting new records.

The Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC Studio) has taken a big leap and bounds and relentlessly set new records. The way of expressing the mixed feelings between Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Sun Woo) and Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh) is causing viewers to fully focus on the development of the work. The two were still persisted in chasing the emotions and relationships that could not be cut off easily, thus continuously receiving a shower of praise from the small-screen audience.

The drama's viewership ratings have gained explosive achievement. Reaching the emotional climax, episode 12 recorded a viewership rating of 24.3% nationwide and 26.6% in the metropolitan area (based on the standard of paid household, Nielsen Korea). "The World of the Married" has once again set the highest viewership ratings among JTBC and non-terrestrial dramas.

Through the complex psychological development among the characters, the drama "The World of the Married" reflected the true face of love and two aspects of relationships from multiple angles. The drama's real value also shone on the charts of "hot" TV programs. According to the "hot" index (from April 27 to May 3) announced by Good Data Corporation - an analysis agency of TV programs' popularity, "The World of the Married" ranked first in "hottest" program category for 6 consecutive weeks, including the films at the central station, general ones, and cable ones. In the general broadcasting category, including non-drama programs, "The World of the Married" also took the top spot for 6 consecutive weeks. The drama's heat was further confirmed when on the chart of the actors' popularity index in the drama, the female lead Kim Hee Ae ranked first place, followed by Park Hee Joon and Han So Hee respectively in second and fifth places.

"The Word of the Married" evoked explosive reactions from the public as it created exciting discussions on online communities and SNS - where the topics were started off. The drama swept No.1 in diverse aspects that help to visually seize the audience's reactions; typically the number of comments and articles, the views of videos, or the number of comments and posts on VON (blogs and online community). Besides, after just 2 days of the release, the preview video for episode 13 has demonstrated its immense popularity by recording 1,040,000 views (by 10 pm May 4, KST) via the drama's official account on Naver TVCast.

Episode 13 of "The World of the Married" will be on air at 10:50 pm (KST) May 8.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = JTBC Studio
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Almost to the end of the drama but a lot netizens/intl viewers still has a lot to say.

The cheater and two face snake......

"Tell me you're regretting it all. Weren't you actually waiting for me to comeback? Tell me you still have feelings for me. Even at this moment you still want to be in my arns"  Said the obsessive jerk narcissist.  :angry:

Seriously TO!:rolleyes::crazy:

On 5/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, peachfuzz said:

I still find the psychiatrist dude creepy and I don't want SW to end up with him. He rubs me the wrong way somehow... I still don't want to trust him. I don't want SW to end up with anyone! 

@peachfuzz  well........

"I don't have any personal feelings for her. All I did was make her feel comnfortable around me. So she would engage more in counseling. That's how I can find out what she's really thinking." Said the snake psychiatrist. :o:angry:

And besides.....

"Sun Woo only cares about Tae Oh. She might hate him. But I don't think she has room for anyone else in her heart"

Said snake friend to  another snake? :lol:

*all twt post ctto*

“The World Of The Married” Actors Are Playful And Passionate On Drama Set

May 7, 2020
by L. Kim
7925a2ba271542139e23743313b0f865.jpeg?s=

Fans of “The World of the Married” got a glimpse of the actors’ chemistry on set!

On May 7, “The World of the Married” released new behind-the-scenes photos.

The JTBC drama recently set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama in Korean cable network history. Although the actors portray complex characters with unresolved issues in the drama, they are actually close friends in real life!

In the photos, the actors exhibit passionate acting on camera. Yet, when the camera is off, the atmosphere is amicable, and they pose together with friendly smiles. Kim Hee Ae, who flawlessly depicts her character’s inner dilemma, smiles brightly at her co-stars, and Park Hae Joon, who is very different from his dark character, poses for the camera with a warm smile. Kim Young Min also brightens the set with his playful nature.

Han So Hee and Shim Eun Woo showcase warm friendship in real life, and Jeon Jin Seo and Lee Moo Saeng exchange opinions before the shoot. Lee Hak Joo passionately acts out his final scene, while Choi Gook Hee sincerely monitors her own acting. The cast’s meticulous acting is one of the reasons why the viewers are able to immerse into the dramatic plot.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1398845wpp/the-world-of-the-married-actors-are-playful-and-passionate-on-drama-set

Finally, I was able to catch up with TWOTM! Looking forward for tomorrow's episode! I wonder how is everybody feeling while watching this? This drama should come with a warning: DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU'RE FAINT-HEARTED, YOU WON'T COME OUT OF IT ALIVE! Divorce, Infidelity, Betrayal ... these are too dark and heavy for my emotions to handle! 

I just came across the Baeksang nominees list and it's quite sad The World Of The Married didn't get nomination for Best Drama, is it because it's not finished airing? Somebody knows how the judge committee works?

Neither Park Hae Joon got nominated for his role. Well, well... I thought the drama would sweep off all the award categories.

@Melody_06 I am pissed of. TWOTM could have been nominated for Best Drama, I think. Maybe because It is not finished yet and It is a remake. I watched the first 6 episodes with my brother who does know nothing about Kdramas. He told me that the main reason of the drama's success is Kim Hee Ae.

I guess Kim Hee Ae will get the Daesang for TV (Nominated for Best Actress in TV and Film, that's INSANE). If not, I will go to Korea to fight hahaha

4 categories for TWOTM

Best Director : Mo Wan Il

Best Actress : Kim Hee Ae

Best Supporting Actor : Kim Young Min

Best New Actress : Han So Hee

Archived