Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

4 minutes ago, GreenAppleTea said:

I think Sun Woo is the 'flight' type, an overachiever who's obsessed with being perfect and succeeding in life. 

@29bellevie I believe that SW is a combination of flight type and fawn type, although I would say that she is mainly an overachiever.

And please don't feel attacked because I and other users disagree with you on certain aspects. You raised interesting points as well. I am pretty well aware that no one would approve TO's actions. 

@jamy47 Good explanation about TO's actions. Yes, he needed to humiliate SW behind her back in order to boost his ego. What caught my attention is that TO hasn't changed at all. His own success is not self-made in reality as he had to rely on his wife again. Thanks to his wife's family, he was able to make his movie. Without her financial help, he wouldn't have been able to pay all the debts. And this outlines how badly he was raised. Yes, his mother is actually responsible for TO's behavior. I have the impression that she raised him so that he would always have to rely on her or later on his wife. Don't forget that his father abandoned him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anyone noticed that in Lee Tae Oh's room (not the master bedroom) there are Tommy Ingberg's photography work?

The black and white series is titled Reality Rearranged, which depicts a solitary faceless man morosely trekking through life.  There's a connection? Or Tae Oh has an excellent artistic taste? :lol:

MlKYicX.jpg

Spoiler

4ZU4AzvbI91NYgxQqJCH_1082098497.jpeg

ELKBsA6tG49Y7wnLMVRX_1082098447.jpeg

In Lee Tae Oh's office, there's the Good life movie poster, which looks like a father holding his son's hand going home. The house in the poster looks like Yeo Da Kyung and Lee Tae Oh's house. Implying one of the reasons that he came back to Gosan was because of his son (Lee Joon Young), which we know. Then there's the Jules et Jim (Jules and Jim) movie poster beside the Good life movie poster. Jules and Jim is a 1962 French romantic movie about a tragic love triangle. Is there a reason why they put these two movie posters side by side? 

Spoiler

I skimmed through the plot on wiki and realised there are similarities between Tae Oh and the female character Catherine in the Jules and Jim movie. In Jules and Jim, Jules and Catherine got married and they have a daughter. Catherine has several affairs and one of the affairs was with Jim. Then Jules finds out and has a divorce with Catherine, then Catherine marries Jim. Catherine and Jim then break up. Catherine tries to win Jim back but Jim rejects her. In the end, Catherine kills Jim and herself by driving off a damaged bridge into the river.

In the world of the married, Tae Oh and Sun Woo are married and they have a son, then Tae Oh has an affair with Da Kyung. Sun Woo finds out and has a divorce with Tae Oh, then Tae Oh marries Da Kyung. After 2 years, Tae Oh is back to Gosan and tries to scare Sun Woo from Gosan but she rebuffs him.

B5adD93.jpg

e3O3mtP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

@lilcrash, Waouh. However, I hope a happy ending for Sun Woo. 

I read a netizen's comment about episode 8 :

[+7270 / -21] Everyone, did you know this? Even the wine ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's the one that Ji Sun Woo drinks ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The one that he gave out as a gift;;;; Seriously, at this point, Lee Tae Oh's role model: Ji Sun Woo
↪ [+787 / -2] Daebak....... No wonder they showed it to us in such detail ㄷㄷ

Source https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2020/04/spoilersthe-world-of-married-naver-tv_28.html

I do think Red Velvet's Psycho really suits Tae Oh :joy:

• Like 3

@poppie Me too... she struggled so much and was surrounded by many fake and narcissist people. DK is just a spoiled woman who never had to work hard in order to get what she wants. Her father helped her to get TO...

Then DK's father likes being admired and surrounded by people so SW represents a thorn in the flesh: she is a constant reminder of the shortcoming of his own daughter and SW is well aware of his own shortcoming (a father who chooses his daughter over morals and who refuses to acknowledge the truth: he failed as a father).

YR was jealous of SW because of her career and her husband: she had a job and was recognized for that and her husband was always admiring SW for her strength and skills.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, foreverempress said:

@29bellevie I am not sure that those personality types apply as they are characteristic traits of those that have C-PTSD which is developmental Type II trauma. In order to understand those personality types, you must understand the criteria for that diagnosis as ascribed by Judith Herman and Bessel van der Kolk which also includes attachment styles.

Yes, we can only speculate based on what we know about each character's childhood experiences, and we have only been given small glimpses of this information in the drama. The most we know as viewers is that both SW and TO experienced abandonment/neglect from their parents. It's definitely harder to speculate about their childhood attachment styles.

• Like 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1397699wpp/the-world-of-the-married-unveils-sneak-peek-of-conflict-suspense-in-upcoming-episode

“The World Of The Married” Unveils Sneak Peek Of Conflict + Suspense In Upcoming Episode

Apr 30, 2020
by E. Cha

0D07ECF9-B737-4CCC-944D-BFD1CE1CE1D8.png

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” has shared a glimpse of its next episode!

Spoiler

On the latest episode of “The World of the Married,” the bitter war between Ji Sun Woo (played by Kim Hee Ae) and Lee Tae Oh (played by Park Hae Joon) continued to escalate. Meanwhile, Yeo Da Kyung (played by Han So Hee), who once thought she had nothing in common with Ji Sun Woo, found herself growing increasingly nervous and insecure in her marriage as she watched the sparks fly from the sidelines.

The episode ended on a shocking cliffhanger, with the drama revealing that someone had died at the train station just moments after we saw Park In Gyu (played by Lee Hak Joo) chase Min Hyun Seo (played by Shim Eun Woo) down on a train platform.

On May 1, the drama gave viewers a sneak peek of its tense upcoming episode, in which more than one conflict will come to a head. In the newly released stills, Ji Sun Woo has a fierce, determined glint in her eye as she braces herself for a new battle, while Lee Tae Oh looks distraught as he stares at something outdoors.

C79FE468-2C1D-4197-9AD4-35FD9D584590.jpg

12CF9F49-8ACD-49F8-A8D6-A8DF6C983F35.jpg

The photos also hint at the growing turmoil in Yeo Da Kyung and Lee Tae Oh’s marriage, with Yeo Da Kyung fixing her husband with an accusing glare as they fight over something in her car.

Spoiler

AE5ABE47-DD61-4A82-A815-DEF1DB21F4E7.jpg

5D33E387-9019-49FE-9A48-61A68E595483.jpg

Finally, the new photos of the confrontation between Min Hyun Seo and Park In Gyu—one of which captures Park In Gyu falling to his knees in despair—add to viewers’ growing curiosity about what exactly transpired at the train station that fateful night.

Spoiler

65D43CA7-6F72-4B59-A31D-DA08B0A8F8DC.jpg

62EB3CF6-0D72-4DA9-AAD6-E2958BD98C05.jpg

The producers of “The World of the Married” teased, “All of the characters, including Ji Sun Woo and Lee Tae Woo, will face off in tense mind games as they stand at the edge of a cliff [in the upcoming episode]. The stark truth of their relationships and emotions will come to light.”

They added, “Please keep an eye on Ji Sun Woo’s next move as she ends up facing an unexpected danger.”

The next episode of “The World of the Married” will air on May 1 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 4

The Days We Loved by Baek Ji Young (OST 6)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Czg9qUJxo

Ep 12 trailer 

That ending thought.... OMG!

:lol: they always leave the cliffhanger like this for every Saturday episode.

I hope that person was not Tae Oh. even if it were the case, I'd like to see what's her intention and plan this time. I strongly believe that even she still has lingering feelings for Tae Oh but that's nether lust nor physical desire. And if it were true, it'd feel vehemently painful again (just like when she had to do that with Je Hyuk).

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:

:lol: they always leave the cliffhanger like this for every Saturday episode.

I hope that person was not Tae Oh. even if it were the case, I'd like to see what's her intention and plan this time. I strongly believe that even she still has lingering feelings for Tae Oh but that's nether lust nor physical desire. And if it were true, it'd feel vehemently painful again (just like when she had to do that with Je Hyuk).

They do! I found a translation on drama milk 

Spoiler

BK – I do not care about Lee tae-oh’s future.

TO – What should I do for you to trust me?

HS – Do you know why I could not escape from In-kyu? Because I pitied him.

SW – It wasn’t like [he] didn’t look like that with me. He looks fulfilled now.

DK – Because of you I am enduring all of this, because I am a mom.

YR – The two of you were holding this tightly and struggling. You should have quit first eunnie.

MS – Even though she 100% hates him, there is still no room for someone else yet.

TO – If I tell you that my marriage is now normal and mundane and I am tired of it. Can you tell me the truth also?

And this is soooo crazy. I can't wait for tomorrows episode! The trailer for next weeks episodes are probably going to be crazier. Also, I hope she doesn't sleep with him. But I feel like she will because the tension between them is always off the charts. 

• Like 4

I do think in next episode, JY will go to TO’s house. So SW will be in despair. TO will tell her his feelings when she will be alone at her home. Hopefully SW will resist. I think it’s a BK’s trap to test SW and TO’s feelings ?

• Like 3

If it’s chairman’s game sunwoo is playing  She better be strong and her friends will help her and be by her side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

They do! I found a translation on drama milk 

Reveal hidden contents

BK – I do not care about Lee tae-oh’s future.

TO – What should I do for you to trust me?

HS – Do you know why I could not escape from In-kyu? Because I pitied him.

SW – It wasn’t like [he] didn’t look like that with me. He looks fulfilled now.

DK – Because of you I am enduring all of this, because I am a mom.

YR – The two of you were holding this tightly and struggling. You should have quit first eunnie.

MS – Even though she 100% hates him, there is still no room for someone else yet.

TO – If I tell you that my marriage is now normal and mundane and I am tired of it. Can you tell me the truth also?

And this is soooo crazy. I can't wait for tomorrows episode! The trailer for next weeks episodes are probably going to be crazier. Also, I hope she doesn't sleep with him. But I feel like she will because the tension between them is always off the charts. 

I'm not a fan of skin shipper or gaze shipper, those sorts of. On the human natural emotions standpoint, I just do not agree with that disgusting idea of *** with your ex except a convincing reason. Yet, no hint's saying that this could become true (just because we have some clue from the original series) and I definitely do not wish to see that happens.

This image actually hit me hard. Frustrated and tired Sun Woo.

rXis233.jpg

• Like 4

While waiting for the subs for ep 11 to come out, I have to ask...does anyone else get reminiscent of Meteor Garden and F4 when they see the opening for world of the married? :w00t: Am I the only one? :blink: Anyone?

married.pngmeteor-garden-ii.png

Meteor-Rain.jpg

• Like 3

EPISODE 11

Nationwide - 21.122 (4.804 Million Viewers)
Seoul - 23.986 (2.577 Million Viewers)

• Like 4

Lol Korean netizens on Naver are pissed off because of the episode 12 preview. I'm really curious how it'll play out because both lead characters still haven't let go. 5 episodes left so I hope the writer can give us a satisfying ending

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, alexaze said:

Lol Korean netizens on Naver are pissed off because of the episode 12 preview. I'm really curious how it'll play out because both lead characters still haven't let go. 5 episodes left so I hope the writer can give us a satisfying ending

Sun Woo is being confused. There's now interest conflict and she's deciding which path she should embark on. She, at least, has to show us this stage of cognitive processing of information and event to make it more real. If it were us, I  believe not just a few people would definitely get confused and take a wrong move, at least once.

• Like 6

OST part 6

preview ep12

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/article/1397870wpp/the-world-of-the-married-continues-to-dominate-with-ratings-over-20-percent-three-meals-a-day-makes-triumphant-comeback

“The World Of The Married” Continues To Dominate With Ratings Over 20 Percent, “Three Meals A Day” Makes Triumphant Comeback

May 1, 2020
by R. Jun

JTBC’s “The World of the Married,” despite a decrease in ratings May 1, continues to lead Friday night dramas with ratings over 20 percent.

“The World of the Married,” which recorded 22.91 percent viewership last week, coming close to the cable network record set by “SKY Castle” for highest drama viewership (23.78), wasn’t able to close the gap on Friday, seeing a 1.79 point decrease in ratings with 21.12 percent.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” recorded nationwide averages of 7.6 and 8.6 percent, for a 1.1 point decrease from the previous episode.

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” recorded 0.6 percent viewership, the same as its previous episode.

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Three Meals a Day” made a triumphant comeback with its fifth season, featuring previous cast members Cha Seung Won, Yoo Hae Jin, and Son Ho Jun. The premiere, which aired May 1, recorded 9.3 percent viewership.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 2