[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

15 hours ago, SaiSai1988 said:

They are now the most watched cable drama based on average. I would say I am happy with what they are getting. But knowing how the second season of the original series ended, I am a bit worried on how the Korean Version will wrap things up, considering it is a 16-episode drama. I fear that if they decided to explore more beyond how the original series ended so far, they might end up dragging the series. But I am totally enjoying the show now so I have to see how the show progresses :D

I didn't think that 16 episodes is necessary either and it may get a little bit too draggy. Hopefully they will change that disgraceful ending from Doctor Foster which was not even the original ending within itself.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It became more and more addictive but also stressful and I like it. This episode 10 gave me a lot of questions without answers. I might regret to have started this drama without being completed. Because 7 days seem like a month haha. 

YK is a gray character but I hope he is SW's side (I think he likes her and wants to protect her by being the associate director for one moment). However, why YK is whenever wherever ? Why did he go to TO's office ? I also think he would be at Gosan station at the right moment.

Hopefully, IK fell off and not HS. I think it's TO's action. He is totally obsessed, crazy and out of control. However, there is a reason why SW gave her scarf to HS.... Some kind a leverage in order to SW leave Gosan. 

I really liked the discussion between SW and YR. I hope SW who will listen to her and leave Gosan at the ending of episode 16 (It's Kdrama, she cannot leave now). 

As the writer and the PDnim are doing a brilliant job, I question why MS introduced the commercial, her hoobae (also TO's hoobae) to SW. He is supposed to come often to the Hospital since now. I think he will have to play a part in next episodes ?

I'm starting to wonder if the psychiatrist dude was staged by the cheater hubby or if the first wife had something to do with his past. He knows about the trauma she went through & continuously asking her to get therapy. Something doesn't add up because he's up to something

OY. WHAT water are the folks at Go San drinkin'!? Everyone's sooo loony! 

It's bad enough that Tae Oh is P S Y C H O but so are In Gyu and Chairman Yeo who thinks $ buys everything.:rolleyes:

It's ridiculously funny how Tae Oh preaches to Jae Hyuk, it's like the Pot Calling the Kettle Black. Like he's a saint what a joke.:P Ye Rim asked for it tbh. She wanted to punish Jae Hyuk by not divorcing him and she ended up suffering more instead. Can't believe some are defending her in other forums LoL! Poor Hyun Seo bein' trapped with the wrong kind of man..

Sun Woo was insane to face-off with someone so dangerous as In Gyu alone. On the other I'm glad the bastard is around to pressure Tae Oh further. Another hilarious thing is the merry-go-round way Tae Oh and Chairman Yeo are tryin' to remove obstacles. Only Tae Oh is using FIL's $.:lol::P Looks like this drama is goin' to extremes literally ha-ha but like I said it's so entertaining I can't pull myself away.  

One thing I still cannot understand is why Sun Woo still treats Myung Sook the way she does.... still going to her room and asks her if she wants to get coffee together? I know that as a professional associate director, she cannot shy away from having interaction with MS at work.... but that should be kept at the bare minimum and discussing purely work matters... not going to the pantry to get coffee together... SW should be avoiding that at all costs....

Btw, congrats to the show for the latest EP10 ratings... with this rate, it will overtake sky castle next week....

9 hours ago, jamy47 said:

I'm wondering though why isnt this show on Netflix yet? perhaps once it ends airing on tv then they will put it there. It will do very well on Netflix also, perhaps another international hit after my CLOY! 

I agree that it will do well on Netflix... international audiences will love it..... i guess JTBC didnt forsee how well the show will do and didnt pitch it to sell the rights to Netflix? with the buzz it is creating now.. I think it will be sold to Netflix and hopefully be available once it ends its run on JTBC...

1 minute ago, h0jipoji said:

is this drama really that good? im planning to watch it after i finish watching my current drama 

For me, it is the best drama I ever watched. Usually, i skipped moments in episodes of dramas, except if it is really addictive. 

I am so hooked that I watched each episode twice. Watch it, you won't be disappointed if you like amazing acting, directing and writing :D

9 minutes ago, poppie said:

For me, it is the best drama I ever watched. Usually, i skipped moments in episodes of dramas, except if it is really addictive. 

I am so hooked that I watched each episode twice. Watch it, you won't be disappointed if you like amazing acting, directing and writing :D

ah , thats nice to hear. i shall watch it after i finish watching my current drama then.

The revenge is indeed served cold. I suspected Tae Oh behind the  mistress Joy when he called Je Hyuk and had a satisfied face It was a good revenge and I don`t feel sorry at all for Je Hyuk. Tae Oh used his weaknesses and it was such an easy target. Je Hyuk blamed Tae Oh (and called him a psycho) but he is the first to blame. If it was not that bartender, it would have been other women. Maybe he would have cheated Ye Rim when he was pregnant. 

I like the conversation between Ye Rim and Sun woo. That was an honest conversation. I wish Ye Rim to have a good life, just like I wish Sun Woo the same.

Yoon Ji.... I am glad that he was not Chairman Yeo`s man at the hospital. I understand that Sun Woo might feel betrayed but I believe him that he doesn`t want the position. It is better him than Myung Sook. I think Yoon Ki`s concern about Sun woo are genuine.

She has to admit that she needs time to get her life back. She drinks too much every evening, she starts to arrive late at work. But it is unfair how Chairman Yeo wants her out of the way. Even the hospital director`s wife has a grudge because her husband and Sun woo met of a drink. Geez. Everyone is insecure here.

Chairman Yeo is controling Tae Oh every move. :D I understand that he is protective of his daughter but what he is doing with Sun woo is wrong.

I think the writer should have let Hyun-Seo left the scene and escape the obsessive In Kyu but instead he wanted to make more tension and complication. Now that In Kyu found her just when she was about to take the train, it was obvious that something bad would happen, that it will end in tragedy. One of them or both being dead. I think he is dead. Or that`s what I want. I hope Hyun Seo will still have a chance to live without fear.

3 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t feel sorry at all for Je Hyuk. Tae Oh used his weaknesses and it was such an easy target. Je Hyuk blamed Tae Oh (and called him a psycho) but he is the first to blame. If it was not that bartender, it would have been other women. 

I like the conversation between Ye Rim and Sun woo. That was an honest conversation. I wish Ye Rim to have a good life, just like I wish Sun Woo the same.

Agreed. He is a womanizer....not surprised if he felt for the trap. This is his weakness that TO already noticed it and reminded him before not to neglect his wife. 

I like these 3 parts shown contradictory conflict styles in EP10 which I believed it may be the intentional plots driven by the writer/director :

• The conversation between Sun woo and chairman wife who told SW shouldn't divorce in a hasty decision in the past
  • Another conversation between Sun woo and Ye Rim, told SW not to take revenge on TO but to free herself out of this mess.
  • The creation of gray character for the psychiatrist, Dr. Kim Yoon-Ki, when he had the conversation with the chairman led to speculation

Salute to the entire cast and the writer and director, they're definitely amazing...

Oh Wooow so the preview of ep11 with HS and IK was them straight after he found HS at the train station and that one of them is actually dead?  So the preview was showing parts of the showdown between IK and HS? Oh wow how did I just realise this now ahaha I thought the preview meant someone else died. I was soo confused but now it makes sense why TO and SW are being accused in the preview Wooow. This is gonna get interesting. 

56 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

The creation of gray character for the psychiatrist, Dr. Kim Yoon-Ki, when he had the conversation with the chairman led to speculation

After episode 9 I thought Yoon Ki was a wolf in sheep clothes but I don`t think he is. But it was good that the writer give him some layers, he gave audience and the heroine a little doubt. We found out that he was a troublemaker when he was a teen. Maybe the writer intends to surprise us with his character but right now I feel that he is on Sun won`s side.

THE LAST 4 MINUTES THOUGH OF EPISODE 10 WAS ENOUGH FOR THE WHOLE WEEK, so sad for hyun-seo's character although I do understand the intentions of the writer, her character didn't have a place anymore in the story but watching her crumble in fear in front of in-kyu really reflects the abusive relationships that happen irl. 

Can't believe we're down to the last 3 weeks (or so we might think *wink* *wink)

P.S. I hate it that Dr. Psych came up to SW just to counsel her without her consent, I just feel that it is a bit off for someone to do that, he might have good intentions but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth

One arrow kills 2 birds ,if kicked SW out and let YK taking her position ,then SW will misunderstands YK waaooooooo  that good enough for TO

I 'm thinking The writers are women because I find out all men in this drama are trouble makers ,SW's boy is selfish ,trouble maker boy

jH , TO are cheaters , IK is a criminal guy abuser , chairman is a tyrant , racist man only YK is a leftover good guy helping SW

All women are victims . YR ,SW DK HS … only 2faces female doctor

we don't know next epi yet  !! I;m waiting for Friday 

Thanks drama team 

6 hours ago, h0jipoji said:

is this drama really that good? im planning to watch it after i finish watching my current drama 

It's up to your favor , how old are you ,if under 19 shouldn't not !! 

If you're old enough ,then should try it

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 26. 1:59 AM

"The World of the Married": Yeo Da Kyung starts to feel insecure and doubts Lee Tae Oh

06A5D88B-7D2F-46E2-A224-06A509675971.jpg

"The World of the Married"
The seemingly perfect love of Han So Hee in "The World of the Married" has begun to be shaken.

In the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC) airing on April 25, although Yeo Da Kyung (played by Han Seo Hee) always tries to hold on faith for Lee Tae Oh (played by Park Hae Joon), she is slowly wavering because of the warnings of people around her as well as the situations she constantly encounters. Han So Hee has portrayed vividly a Yeo Da Kyung who appears calm but is gradually collapsing, thereby attracting viewers' attention and immersing them in the entangled relationship between the characters.

That day, Yeo Da Kyung saw Ji Sun Woo (played by Kim Hee Ae) and Min Hyun Seo (played by Shim Eun Woo) talking to each other at a massage salon. Thinking that Min Hyun Seo was still helping Ji Sun Woo, Yeo Da Kyung constantly pressed her but in contrast, she got into a panic as her insecure mind was discovered by Min Hyun Seo, “Your life seems to be not very happy, doesn't it?"

While eating with her family, Yeo Da Kyung gently smiled at Lee Tae Oh's tenderness as he took care of their daughter so she could comfortably enjoy the meal. When her father Yeo Byung Gyu (played by Lee Kyung Young) asked, "Are you really okay?" she defended her husband, "I believe in Tae Oh, we don't have any problem.” Seeing her father's worries through the saying, "If not happy, you can go back to me," Yeo Da Kyung showed her mature and strong side, "You know that I love you so much, right?"

However, Yeo Da Kyung's world is gradually falling down. Like Ji Sun Wo, she was fresh out of insecurity when drinking wine at night and confessing to Lee Tae Oh that her doubt on him kept lingering in her mind and obsessed her. Though Lee Tae Oh hugged Yeo Da Kyung and reassured her, she still troubled viewers with her sad eyes.

"The World of the Married" is broadcast at 10:50 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

Reporter Hwang Ji Young /hwang.jeeyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

actually my biggest stress in this drama is that abusive boyfriend, he's so scary, he doesn't scared of anything, how he chase his ex gf and even "forcing" her to marry him. its a nightmare to get beaten again and live with this kind of man.. and in the end who killed her?

about dr.kim somehow I think he's really protecting sunwoo and what about the first time he saw her at hotel? he seems to know her before already.

I also agree that divorce is not always the answer (in case where husband cheating). see how sun woo and tae oh still have feeling for each other and how happy they were with their son, later it seems like tae oh loves sun woo more than da kyung.

if only cheating husband could confess and ask for forgiveness from their wife, just like jae kyung, he seems to be very sorry and changed, even later wants to granted his wife wish to have a kid.

57 minutes ago, Rainydays said:

actually my biggest stress in this drama is that abusive boyfriend, he's so scary, he doesn't scared of anything, how he chase his ex gf and even "forcing" her to marry him. its a nightmare to get beaten again and live with this kind of man.. and in the end who killed her?

He is really scary because nobody can deal rationally with him. He thinks that his love is so big that he is entitled to Hyun Seo`s love. He was obsessive and delusional, amog abusive and violent behaviour.. His place was not in jail but in a psychiatric hospital. Hyun Seo was right to be afraid and did not rejected on spot. He would not have listened to her and would have been violent.

I wish Hyun Seo would have escape but I think In Kyu will blame Sun Woo and she would have been in real danger.

I think he will be dead that Sun Woo and even Tae Oh will have to testify to the police.

1 hour ago, tulip934 said:

I 'm thinking The writers are women because I find out all men in this drama are trouble makers ,SW's boy is selfish ,trouble maker boy

The main writer is Joo Hyun (a man screenwriter). His other works as the main writer are: Revolutionary Love and My Horrible Boss. Wikipedia says that there is Kang Eun-kyung (a female) as creator director. She worked as a screenwriter in many dramas (her last drama was Dr Romantic) and she was a creative director for Misty too.

A Couple’s World: Episodes 9-10 Open Thread

by missvictrix

CW910_0.jpg

Betrayal, doubt, and obsession are our keywords this week, and an important question gets put on the table: what emotions are left between our divorced couple? It’s a question we dig into this week, and as our heroine continues her fight for freedom, the black hole seems to get blacker.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

CW910_2.jpg

Last week I couldn’t shake the feeling that those episodes — briefly rated 15, and mostly providing “two years later” ramp-up — were to provide a slight respite from the convoluted chaos that awaits us. And oh boy, was I right.

Let’s start at the top, shall we? For me, that’s the reveal around Dr Kim/Yoon-gi. I have spent the last several weeks trying to prepare myself for this moment, but to no avail. He’s kind, he protects Sun-woo, he counsels and actually knows how to talk to Joon-young who’s been acting out terribly… and he’s Chairman Yeo’s mole?! He’s getting close to Sun-woo with ulterior motives?! This show does really great twists. Even when you’re hoping against hope that a twist won’t twist, it’s still twisty when it does!

Spoiler

CW910_3A.jpgCW910_3B.jpg

But there’s something A Couple’s World does better than twists, and that’s planting doubt. It works on us as the audience as much as it does within the story, between the characters — and this week there is so, so much of it. First, of course, is Yoon-gi, where the outrage we feel towards his betrayal/manipulation of Sun-woo is tempered by a “What if?”

He swears to Sun-woo that he’s in cahoots with Chairman Yeo solely in order to keep her safe, and while the double-agent scenario is plausible (and I really hope it’s true), there’s so much doubt around him that I just don’t know yet. And the show likes it that way. We’re feeling the same betrayal and uncertainty as our heroine. Doesn’t this show just give you a massive yet wonderful headache?

CW910_4.jpg

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/a-couples-world-episodes-9-10-open-thread/

Do you think the medical equipment sales rep who visited Myungsook will play a bigger part later in the drama? Usually they never give talking parts and a name (he introduces himself as Woo Ho Sang) to insignificant characters and certainly won't have the main actress asking about their background to the receptionist (who adds that he's coming often lately). Also this guy seemed bothered when Myungsook outed him as a good friend of Tae Oh.

Spoiler

PqtaxxL.png

In the British version there is no character like that, if I recall correctly. Only a new female doctor who's secretly a university friend of the cheating husband but her storyline (working secretly against the female lead and stealing her job) went to the psychiatrist. I have a feeling he'll show up in the next episodes too, now for good or bad reasons, I have no idea. Maybe as a new love interest now that it's over between Sun Woo and the psychiatrist?

This may sound crazy but the sexual tension between Sun Woo and Tae Oh is off the charts. It's been shown that both leads still haven't let go. I wonder where the show is gonna go with this. Is Tae Oh gonna cheat on his current wife with his ex? Lol sounds like something Tae Oh would do.

I also hope Sun Woo starts being more pro-active and does something whether that be moving out or fighting back. Her life is shitty and everyone around her is a snake, but I hope the writer does her character justice instead of having her cry and drink herself to sleep every night.

I think just like episodes 5 and 6 next week's episodes will be a crazy roller coaster

Archived