[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 25. 2:35 AM

Huh Gak to sing OST Part 5 for cult drama "The World of the Married"

ED8-B1005-6502-4610-B932-60-E68-A12-C3-D

Huh Gak will feature in the OST Part 5 of the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married".

Singer Huh Gak will announce the OST Part 5 "Let you go with tears" (rough translation) of the drama "The World of the Married" at 6 pm (KST) April 25 via digital music sites.

Park Hae Joon (as Tae Oh) reappeared and Kim Hee Ae (as Sun Woo) faced a massive counterattack shortly thereafter. The two's next steps towards the increasingly intense storm ahead have contributed to making the sensation called "The World of the Married" stronger.

Love has become a terrible toxic, and there is only anger, pure hatred, and regrets for the past between the two now. The OST Part 5 "Let you go with tears" of "The World of the Married" fully depicts the rising affection of the two people standing at the center of a storm. As the song stands out with rich strings of sounds along with Hu Gak's emotional interpretation, this OST expresses a love-hate relationship as complicated as an irreversible vortex.

Huh Gak has received many positive reviews from Seoul, Daegu, Daejeon and Busan with his first nationwide concert called "Gak Concert" in 2019. Huh Gak, who is well received after singing numerous OSTs for dramas, has increased the viewers' immersion in the drama by fully conveying his emotions and charisma in this OST for "The World of the Married".

The song is produced by Gaemi - the music director who made OSTs for most of the popular dramas such as "Descendants of the Sun", "When the Camellia Blooms", etc. In addition, the lyrics writing is undertaken by Ra.L and Naomi - the duo who once showed the synergy in the drama "When the Camellia Blooms". The song's arrangement will be performed by midnight, who produced OSTs for works such as "When the Camellia Blooms", "Hotel Del Luna", and "When You Were Sleeping", etc.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = Most Contents
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Oh, Kim Yoon Ki is Chairman Yeo Byeong-Kyu`s man. I`ve not expected that. he said the truth that both Sun woo and Tae Oh are not over each other. That doesn`t mean there is love between them but they haver some unfinished business and that freud between them became toxic and dangerous. Their son is their prisoner and he will be the most affected by this disrupted relationship betweeen his parents. I hope Yoon Ki will help Joon Young and I hope it is true that he saw the signs in the boy and that`s why he approached him. We`ll see if Yoon Ki is on Sun woo`s side. Sun Woo needs him as well. She needs a friend the most.

Something about this revelation at the end of the episode 9 intrigues me. Yoon Ki came to the hospital before Chairman Yeo knew about his daughter and Tae oh. But when Chairman Yeo put Yoon Ki to spy on Sun Woo and Tae Oh? What is their conection?

The fight between Tae Oh and Je Hyuk was pathetic. Two cheaters blaming each other. Maybe this fight should have been taken place two years ago. But it makes sense that they had  unfinished business , represed anger towards each other.

ep 10 preview

This drama almost  depicted all human weaknesses in one go : Greed, fear, lust, desire, vanity, pride and obsession, especially shown in season 2.

There are these old wisdoms saying when meeting crisis, we need to practise : Face it, accept it, deal with it, and let it go. This couple still in an entangled love-hate relationship, is simply because they can't get thru the last stage : let it go and free yourselves...

It is very difficult to face directly during this painful, guilty or shameful in themselves. A helpful and guided therapist should involve to help this couple in the path to self-discovery and self acceptance. I am not sure if this Psychiatrist can help, at least he is willing to help their son to go thru the mental stress from his parents. But due to his appearance on last part of Ep9, there made another speculation. I hope he will side with SW. 

The story did realistically brought up many issues that we are facing in this current context.

Just finished watching EP9.... I just hope that the psychiatrist will eventually turn out to be on SW's side...and he genuinely wants to help her and her son.... otherwise... everyone in this show will turn out to be messed up... :tears:

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

There are these old wisdoms saying when meeting crisis, we need to practise : Face it, accept it, deal with it, and let it go. This couple still in an entangled relationship, is simply because they can't get thru the last stage : let it go and free yourselves...

I wanted to comment about the stages of grief. The stages of grieving a beakup. I loved your comment. Sun Woo had a trauma. It was not easy for her to discover so late in life that her husband was not the man she thought he is, that her "perfect" marriage crumbled like a house of cards. It takes time and she did not have it. Every person needs time to overcome the pain, disapointment, anger and trully find herself/ himself again, to feel able to start over again. Sun Woo was in continue stress from day one of finding the truth about her marriage, about her husband. Plus, her son is having a hard time. There were other people in her life who disappointed her over and over. She did not have anyone in this town and she made a few friends. To lose those firends was painfully also. She has to juggle work and home and now she thinks that she has to overcompensate being a single parent.  I will be very  disappointed in Yoon ki if he will not be on Sun woo`s side. We`ll see.

What I want and hope from this drama is to give Sun Woo a ray of hope that her life will become normal after all these madness will be over. I am not asking too much.

30 minutes ago, larus said:

I wanted to comment about the stages of grief. The stages of grieving a beakup. I loved your comment. Sun Woo had a trauma. It was not easy for her to discover so late in life that her husband was not the man she thought he is, that her "perfect" marriage crumbled like a house of cards. It takes time and she did not have it. Every person needs time to overcome the pain, disapointment, anger and trully find herself/ himself again, to feel able to start over again. Sun Woo was in continue stress from day one of finding the truth about her marriage, about her husband. Plus, her son is having a hard time. There were other people in her life who disappointed her over and over. She did not have anyone in this town and she made a few friends. To lose those firends was painfully also. She has to juggle work and home and now she thinks that she has to overcompensate being a single parent.  I will be very  disappointed in Yoon ki if he will not be on Sun woo`s side. We`ll see.

What I want and hope from this drama is to give Sun Woo a ray of hope that her life will become normal after all these madness will be over. I am not asking too much.

I just drop by to update myself on this mess. I like your rationalization and explanation. I agree. The real thing I feel whilst watching this drama is that the suffocating environment including home, workplace, community, and so on. It is easy to be stifled in this circumstance. I don't look at it as a roller-coaster feeling that is asked from the high-rating drama, I see it is very true. Sh** hits the fan. We have this saying. The story is also very relatable to any one's life (at least to me). The community where I used to live there were well-educated people, decent ladies and gentlemen. However, it was very superficial and fake. We acted nice and showed our friendliness whereas in fact we were not. I wasn't surprised at all when everyone in this show seems to turn their back to SunWoo or try to get everything out of her. It wasn't dramatized, it's actually a part of reality.

Sun Woo definitely needs a break to heal herself. She needs to accept things first. She's still very stubborn yet she's lonely. I can't blame her. I feel great pity for her.

Its pathetic how Sun Woo is being treated by the entire community in Gosun....I repeat, I know its not easy to uproot your life but when you are lonely anyway and have not a single soul rooting for you, I wonder if the effort that Sun Woo is putting in to hold on to the remnants of her life is worth any of it. Da Kyung's father is putting a target on Sun Woo's back because he can't do it to Tae Oh, knowing full well Tae Oh is more to blame than Sun Woo.....Because of him the snakes of Gusun are attacking Sun Woo....it was very out of line for the Director wife to ask him not to meet her husband that way. Its sexist, it is so sexist....they had an after hour drink as colleagues discussing work...there is nothing to offend there. And she could just ask her husband to be careful instead of calling out Sun Woo....Tae Oh, so he is still very much in love with Sun Woo...he hates her and loves her, wants her all at the same time. I don't like the way he keeps invading her space, touching her.......he didn't have to yank her robes down and grab her to have that conversation with her......I don't think he likes Da Kyung half as much as he is in love-hate relationship with Tae Oh....Sun Woo and Tae Oh are both stuck in a cycle of unhealthy misery with pent up emotions, sexual attraction and it truly is taking a toll on both.....Tae Oh..He is stupid, his spiraling out of control situation with the Hyung Soo's ex is evident of that much.....he is playing with fire again and this time it will burn down both the families he has not just one and he will not get a third chance.......I don't want this to end in tragedy but I think this will......if Not I hope Sun Woo finds another "Yooh Ah In" in this show too who loved her passionately and madly while always wanting the best for her......she really needs to run as far as she can away from this toxic bunch.

So, I watched ep 10 and saw the trailer for ep 11 on YouTube  (all w. subs) and I have a couple predictions.

Spoiler

1. Even though TO is being called in for interrogation I think BK will help him get out of it somehow and SW will get blamed for the killing.

2. the crazy boyfriend and the girlfriend are both dead

or

3. the girlfriend is alive and will reappear in the show.

4. DK will find out more crazy information about TO and get scared.

I can't wait for next weeks episodes I am so excited. Also, I too think it's disgusting how Gosun community is treating SW but I'm not surprised because in most societies when men do something women still get the blame. Also, DK comes from a rich family and money talks. 

5 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

So, I watched ep 10 and saw the trailer for ep 11 on YouTube  (all w. subs) and I have a couple predictions.

Hide contents

1. Even though TO is being called in for interrogation I think BK will help him get out of it somehow and SW will get blamed for the killing.

2. the crazy boyfriend and the girlfriend are both dead

or

3. the girlfriend is alive and will reappear in the show.

4. DK will find out more crazy information about TO and get scared.

I can't wait for next weeks episodes I am so excited. Also, I too think it's disgusting how Gosun community is treating SW but I'm not surprised because in most societies when men do something women still get the blame. Also, DK comes from a rich family and money talks. 

1. Yes BK will probably bail TO out of this richard simmons but SW won't go to jail but they will use it to drive her out of Gosun

2. I think crazy bf abducted HS and HS will free herself with help from SW

3. Yes

4. Yes

13 minutes ago, SaiSai1988 said:

EPISODE 10

Nationwide - 22.913 (5.121 Million Viewers)
Seoul - 25.878 (2.692 Million Viewers

Looks like they just past Sky Castle's highest rating in Seoul  :D

Correct. This is unbelievable. I didn't expect this. My prediction was just 20% top.

One thing for sure regardless of the possible king throne for the remainder of the show is that it'll have higher average rating per episode.

Ratings are insane! These numbers would already be amazing for the big channels, but here a CABLE channel is getting such ratings! wow! and so well deserved! Writing, directing and casting are all top notch in this drama. I'm happy cable networks are giving us such special dramas this year! 

I'm wondering though why isnt this show on Netflix yet? perhaps once it ends airing on tv then they will put it there. It will do very well on Netflix also, perhaps another international hit after my CLOY!

6 episode left. It is right now national drama without any doubt.. I won't be surprised if it becomes first cable drama to hit 30% , but at the same time if i keep cloy's and itaewon class's last few weeks, rating remained in same zone consistently  . If it remains in 20 to 25% zone,.30% will be epic.

So atleast it gonna end up with 25% which is even amazing finale rating for public channels. Lol.

I am happy for 3 things.

We found a new star actress who is not an idol from some big company but worked her way up.

Male lead used to play supporting roles for years. This has opened huge doors for him as well as leading actor.  He won't be doing supporting roles anymore. 

Kim hee ae thriving in industry full of ageism in her 50s. I hope my faves like jun ji hyun and song hye kyo has same career in 50s.

14 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

6 episode left. It is right now national drama without any doubt.. I won't be surprised if it becomes first cable drama to hit 30% , but at the same time if i keep cloy's and itaewon class's last few weeks, rating remained in same zone consistently  . If it remains in 20 to 25% zone,.30% will be epic.

So atleast it gonna end up with 25% which is even amazing finale rating for public channels. Lol.

I am happy for 3 things.

We found a new star actress who is not an idol from some big company but worked her way up.

Male lead used to play supporting roles for years. This has opened huge doors for him as well as leading actor.  He won't be doing supporting roles anymore. 

Kim hee ae thriving in industry full of ageism in her 50s. I hope my faves like jun ji hyun and song hye kyo has same career in 50s.

I agree. Such success will open doors for a lot of older actors who deserve to have leading roles as they age because they are amazing actors with great charisma and always bring a script to life. At one point i became worried about these dramas full of kpop singers instead of real actors but that is changing finally! Now we are seeing real actors come back and getting amazing roles and older people are also watching and supporting these shows! Well deserved shows that truly entertain. I hope this trend stick around and never go away again. 

JTBC has been on a roll with their Fri-Sat dramas. No doubt this will eclipse SKY in ratings and set a record. I'm excited to see the average rating at the end because that alone will be higher than the peak of most shows lol

17 minutes ago, alexaze said:

JTBC has been on a roll with their Fri-Sat dramas. No doubt this will eclipse SKY in ratings and set a record. I'm excited to see the average rating at the end because that alone will be higher than the peak of most shows lol

They are now the most watched cable drama based on average. I would say I am happy with what they are getting. But knowing how the second season of the original series ended, I am a bit worried on how the Korean Version will wrap things up, considering it is a 16-episode drama. I fear that if they decided to explore more beyond how the original series ended so far, they might end up dragging the series. But I am totally enjoying the show now so I have to see how the show progresses :D

This is the first episode where I watched and it had none of the elements of Doctor Foster. I’m glad they didn’t have them do a sex scene either! That was tastefully avoided.

This episode was jam packed. Not a single filler. At the beginning scene, the son was it his first time meeting dr kim? When he was scratching the car? That scene felt odd but I guess it was to set up how dr kim got groomed by the chairman Yeo. I still don’t understand dr kim and his motives tbh hmm I’ve done such a 180 on him soo fast ahaha let’s find out! Next week looks like the climax episodes. Eps 11-12. 

I am soo happy for the show and its ratings!:star:  Thoroughly deserved! Sky castle was a great watch too but this show and its pace is more for my taste! JTBC year for sure!!

After watching EP10, I like the most interesting character in this drama, the psychiatrist, Dr. Kim Yoon-Ki, a gray character neither outright good nor evil....I am sure he is not like the female doctor's colleague, Sul Myung-Sook, always walking the line between good and bad.

At this moment, we are not sure what is his stand in this battle? We will find out more when story progress further, although in my opinion, i think he is a good guy, the writer is very smart, this character has an implicit meaning in this drama. He may be the only one who stands up morally clear in this whole mess. May be the only one psychiatrist who fully understands everyone involvement and their "mentally stress" in this Gosan Town. :lol::w00t:

Archived