[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

Spoiler

15872958641587295853.gif

15872961271587296117.gif

15872961271587296117.gif

15872963351587296321.gif

So with the home-wrecker, he will try his best but with his mom he feel suffocated :joy:, does he have no respect for his mom , by now I don’t expect him to be loyal but who in their right mind  be calm with their dad mistress that destroy his mom life . 

15872964471587296442.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, poppie said:

SW does not care about DK, her only objective is to fight against TO. She will use her if it is an advantage against TO. 

Maybe DK wants peace, that's honorable. But let's not forget : she is a home wrecker. She is naive OK, but she is immoral : you do not touch a married man. I hope she would get her bad karma and SW does not team up with DK.

Totally agree, DK is more like an object for SW to fight TO. Oh tell me about it, at the beginning I still thought that DK parents are quite logical people and agreed that her daughter shouldn’t have ruined other ppl marriage but in the recent episode, DK dad even support TO to straighten the things out.. I’m like excuse me ahjussi!?! :angry:

but now I’m thinking how am I gonna wait until the next episode and tomorrow is already Monday again.. gosh :tears:

• Like 4

After watching episode 8, I really love how SW is a manipulator in some ways, twisting her enemies heads and ideas. Feel bad about JY, to know that he had to undergo everything alone was sad. (P.S. I STILL HATE SNAKE FRIEND OVER TAE-OH, ATLEAST TAE-OH HAS MOTIVES, HER? WHAT IS HER PROBLEM? INFERIORITY COMPLEX?) 

There's no point in Da-Kyung being mad over SW, she already got her husband, unless she still has some lingering anger with her but then again I kinda feel it has subsided and now they're working together unknowingly? 

As for the perpetrator, I knew it was him, there was no other person with motive to do it but him aside from TO. 

Also, really happy to see SW only friend to be okay and still be on her side, FIGHTING!

Also also, really shipping SW with that Psychiatrist, FIGHTING FIGHTING!

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

So with the home-wrecker, he will try his best but with his mom he feel suffocated :joy:, does he have no respect for his mom

Yaaa, I am so heartache for SW! 
then I’m thinking again, is it because he’s still too young to understand but still he sure knows that it’s because of DK, his family fall apart right? 

• Like 3

Tae Oh.... you bring that abusive bastard to harrass your ex wife and then you are upset that he crossed the line and attacked her? I was sure Hyun seo`s ex boyfriend was the one who attacted Sun Woo. I could felt that it was a personal vedetta in that attack.

I am glad that the Korean version will explore the other side characters too. I was happy to see Hyun-Seo again.

I want to say that Sun Woo`s colleague, so called friend is a horrible person. I hope Sun woo would not trust her ever again.I was glad when Sun woo snapped at her when she offered her to help. I was glad when Sun Woo realised that she is a two faced woman.

I find a funny video.

source

What a satisfying video. :w00t:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I give you little doesn’t mean you have control over the company money 

What I really  get by this convo is that the FIL is telling TO off that he is the real boss and he is nothing but his dog. 

TO is such a jerk! I think he wants to get back at SW for dumping him. His plans must be to chase SW away from Gosan and take custody of JY. I really hate that scene when JY was having dinner with his dad and the stepmother and step sister. Poor SW, but things are getting interesting thanks for help of chairman choi's wife and HyunSeo is back.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I just finished watching all 8 episodes and it was a heck of a ride.. and we are only half way through... to use the term "that escalated quickly" to describe the drama is the understatement of the year.. LOL.. dang this drama is so good..... thoroughly deserves the ratings it is getting.....

I have not seen Dr Foster so I don't know how it ends (and I dont intend to find out before the conclusion of this drama )... but I have a feeling that this is not gonna end well for everyone... it will be a lose-lose-lose situation... even if someone wins, it will still feel like a lost.... everyone is spiralling out of control and things will get out of hand... and nobody wins....

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

Wow. You're right chingus this drama riveting to the say the least. I just binge all 8 episodes and I'm crazy pulling my hair.

And ffs! TO you jerk! you pyscho!  I want to stangle that POS cheater. :angry::vicx:

And that Song Myuk? doctor colleague.. what a two face snake! morality and trust nowhere in sight!

And DK,  she opened apex, got herself jammed with married man,  heck even with baby jenny, I don't even feel sympathy.

And JY he's not a child he's a teen and  can think.  I rather him be with SW! No buts about it!

And  Yerim  you wanna know what total fake is, huh! Look at yourself in thew mirror!

And JH spell horny! Wait.What's Yerim got to do?!

And SW. I feel her anger. I want her to do everything so she gets back that stability.  She's the one being stepped on. The one, who got hurt, the one who got cheated on, the one who's medicial position and work  is being jeopardize because of pyscho TO.

Of course it is unprofessional ( morally wrong) asking  patient HSY to  do something as favor - asking to follow TO and report to her and only then will she  give her the pills.. which she shouldn't prescribed I think.  These is their hold on her their blacmail, to make her lose her position and remove her.

Imagine your husband cheating with younger woman,, getting that mistress pregnant. Even feeling smug about it, not the least bit  uncomfortable,.. not remorse for cheating or going psycho on her.  TO wanted to get back at her. Because what? She's more of success? She has all the  money? TO has the grind harder (pun)  for career and work and fund for filming. Heck  if it weren't for SW he'd be totally ignored by DK father (ep 1). TO is a pyscho, insecure cheater. Boy I want to see him the gutter.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:06 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

@Broaddaylight

That still doesn't excuse his behavior ok?

He truly is a whiny brat. If he wants to be with daddy so much go ahead! Honestly, Sun Woo needs to go for hours of therapy herself. She has a lot pent up & I'm afraid for her sanity tbh. Joon Young disappointed me. 'Cause he's the last person who should back her up. Why? She's your mom ffs! She provided for you, made sure you had everything. What else does he want?

Oh yea as if his dad did a better job please. His dad can't even keep his company afloat without sleeping his way to salvage it. Joon Young's age shouldn't be excused either. He witnessed his mom bleeding on the ground & he still thinks she's at fault LoL? Nope I'd dump him to his dad. Let's see if stepmommy does a better job.

The psychiatrist was overstepping his boundaries actually, I can understand why she snapped at him. It was between a parent and her child. He should've just kept quiet & observed LoL. I mean yea I know he meant well but it wasn't necessary. 

@Latte_AnydayAgree with you. 

It's the the father who had an affair, the one who cheated, and yet JY wanted to be with the the dad even after what happened to SW. Hello to the drama writer.. explain please.  TO didn't even talk to JY explain everything, even said sorry. I don't think (or I maye have missed so you can correct me chingus here). I know the JY is teen complex age. The conversation on ep 1 when JY  shared to SW what the daughter of the dad's assistant mentioned the mom had a boyfriend after the divorce/ He said he will feel betrayed and angry if similar thing where to happen to him.

And knowing that TO is pyscho, he's probably even going to use JY as  leverage or bargaining.. something like. I  am thinking the worst of him right now but. I don't see any redeeming thing about TO. JY has to realize at some point.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:38 AM, loopo said:

and I do get where SW is coming from especially when the Psychiatrist told her why can't she just let her son go to the party, I feel for her because its like her son is "betraying" her in some ways and everything is being taken away from her all over again. The fault of the characters and their course of action is just so real and I actually felt sad for SW because she was holding up herself nicely up until her confrontation with her son about her not being enough, the one thing that makes her feel alright suddenly just expressed hate towards her. For a parent to be told by his/her child that they are a humiliation or that they're not enough is just heartbreaking. We actually saw SW character that she is actually traumatized by everything that she went through and no person can be alright after everything that transpired no matter how much she thought that she was okay, deep inside she was still broken. I LOVE THIS DRAMA SO MUCH!!!.

@loopo I know right. I get where SW is coming to. She wasn't even the one that cheated and yet.  JY would rather be with TO?!

The thing is, JY has been hearing from the classmate ( the daughter of TO assistant) it's been hard on the daughter but in that case,  the assistant is the one who had a boyfriend after the divorce and. It may have  gotten in his mind that since there is divorce,  mom might have bf too.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:10 AM, lebeaucouple said:

If I would analyse the husband and wife behaviour including the child, the main root cause is FEAR. When we have fear on uncertainties, it means we are lacking of security, the son has fear in losing their parents, has fear in his baby step-sister that would replace the full love that he received from his father previously. Generally, when we have fear in mind, it would turn into selfish and anger mode and would automatically protect ourselves by saying ill-words that it's not meant to be.

Fear factors that drive the couple into madness in this unhappy marriage, such as Fear of losing children, Fear of what others will think in the marriage, Fear of financial losses, Fear of their spouse sudden change of behavior, Fear of lacking of control, etc...

@lebeaucouple Yes it's that fear too.  Was there ever a conversation  between TO and JY.  Divorce happens not because SW chated but TO did. 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:21 AM, jamy47 said:

t's more than fear of losing his son. He has totally become obsessed with his ex-wife. It's obvious that he missed both his son and SW and didnt expect to ever lose them like he did. He never thought he would end up with the mistress as his wife and yet that's where he is, THAT's what broke something inside of him and he clearly lost his mind.

Yes. Ugh. I don't have any ounce of sympathy when it comes to TO:angry:

18 hours ago, Jadeiteeeee_ said:

Yaaa, I am so heartache for SW! 
then I’m thinking again, is it because he’s still too young to understand but still he sure knows that it’s because of DK, his family fall apart right? 

I feel for SW too. I hope I don't hate  teen JY :mellow:

18 hours ago, larus said:

Tae Oh.... you bring that abusive bastard to harrass your ex wife and then you are upset that he crossed the line and attacked her? I was sure Hyun seo`s ex boyfriend was the one who attacted Sun Woo. I could felt that it was a personal vedetta in that attack.

I am glad that the Korean version will explore the other side characters too. I was happy to see Hyun-Seo again.

I want to say that Sun Woo`s colleague, so called friend is a horrible person. I hope Sun woo would not trust her ever again.I was glad when Sun woo snapped at her when she offered her to help. I was glad when Sun Woo realised that she is a two faced woman.

@larus I didn't realize Kdrama verstion. Is the oriignal a US or British drama?.  I got curious.  Yes that colleague snake! Wonder why she did it. Because she can get a better position? or She's been friends with TO prior? I hope that colleague gets demoted.

Wow my post is too long. As you can see I'm so into the drama.  I have to say my piece. Spent  hours today and  binge all the episodes and  I'm glad I did. I like these type of mature drama. 

I went sh*tape against pyscho insecure cheater husband. He's lucky JY still wants to be with him... how long?

Thanks everyone, I actually back read the thread pages reading everyone's post so I know what's happening with this drama and the chararacters. 

Waiting episode 9 and it got me excited.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, I LOL'ed when Tae-Oh was upset that ex-bf hurt Sun-Woo.

It was like when he said, "Is it a sin to fall in love?" (HAHAHA)

Or when Sun-Woo told him she slept with Jae-Hyuk, he replied, "HOW can you do that to me?" (HAHAHAHAHA)

So you sic a known violent person on your wife, knowing he has a grudge against her, and tell him, "Just scare her, don't hurt her," and act surprised when he does hurt her. (HAHAHAHAHAHA) He really is... a piece of work.

I'm going take back my original guess that something sinister is up with Joon-Yeong. After Ep.8, he really does seem like just a poor kid, struggling with his parents' spectacularly ugly divorce.

Another piece of work is that gynecologist who acts like Sun-Woo's friend. There are people like that in the world, they relish and enjoy the drama of other people's lives. They love butting in and giving "advice." They love it when things fall apart for other people, so they can act "concerned." This is a such a razor-sharp accurate portrayal of such despicable people. All that to say, YES, SHE SUCKS.

I can't wait to find out what Sun-Woo told Da-Kyeong in her office.

• Like 10

What I found interesting that is different from Doctor foster is episode 8 comparison spoilers below

Spoiler

How Tae oh ordered someone to break into Sun woo house Cos this doesn’t happen in Doctor foster. Korean version is way more scarier and intense. Tae oh is going to extreme measures to ruin Sun woo which you don’t see in the original. 
Also episode 8 regarding the son, in the UK version the son is accused of sexually abusing his female friend at the wedding party his father had and at school he gets into fights about it. Whereas in the korean version, the son is stealing items from his friends instead.

In the UK version, the struggles of their son at school, brings the couple to work together momentarily as they see him spiralling. So it’ll be interesting to see if they do this in Korean version.

• Like 3

Episode 8 

Starting first 25 minutes

Ex husband  Tae oh coming to fix problem on son's call is too convenient for him. It looks like he has a hand there in things. Liked her stern attitude!

And that doctor friend? I don't know why Sun woo is keeping any relation with fake friend who has backstabbed her time to time. It's better to close every relation on personal level. to me , she always looked jealous of Sun Woo's personal life as well as career. No wonder she is always ready to back stab her.

I am no fan of Ye rim But loved how she b(i)tch slapped the mistress and her fake act. And i liked the most powerful women in gathering agreed with her. One thing is clear, Da kyung will never be respected. She can buy fake friends with expensive gifts, but they will always mock her. And Tae oh is good at impressing women with fake chivalry. And da kyung when you decided to get laid with married man, then he came with full package. Whether you like it or not. His son will always be part of his life and his responsibility Suck it up.

I liked how minister's wife gave nice words to Sun woo. She respects her for keeping her STD thing to her and advice her short but great advice.

So joon young is stealing. His eyes gave it away and going to doctor kim for his mental healthy. Sun woo is good mother but she needs to learn to give him some space which teenagers need. She needs to stop acting like overbearing mother and actually understand that he and she both needs therapy. Ok i typed this sentence, and at the same time doctor repeated my word:scream: 

I don't understand why people calling him brat and bashing him. whatever his father did to mother, he has been always a good father to him. And he doesn't knows about what his father is doing behind the back. Leave the kid alone.

And this post is big essay, so i am gonna put next 50 minutes in 2 spoilers. Click on them to read my terrible english though:blush:

NEXT 25 MINUTES

Sun woo finally found out that his son was suffering all these years but she was in pain herself. That is tough for any parent. Best thing is to let son go and meet father time to time for healthy relation between her and joon young. Space is the key.

Ye rim and her husband looks so fake to me. And he hasn't changed at all. Ye rim i don't have much sympathy but why she keeps acting like a doormat? i hope she grews up a spine like sun woo.

Oh god kill this doctor sul? even enemies are better than such a friend and she got nerve to offer help Loved how chairperson's wife showed her where she belong! Her calling her ambitious is equal to calling her low life!

Call me rude but i don't find the kid cute born out of someone's broken world. So i can't warm up to kid. Though it's better for joon young to be on cordial terms with his father's new wife and she knows she has to accept him, if she wants her hubby in her clutches!

Da kyung is smart woman , like planning for room in advance without telling hubby, but i wish she had used it in some better way.

Oh damn the attack. It was attack to kill her. Ya rim for the first time did something good and called police. Sun woo is one strong women but it is her saturation point right now 

Also loved the girl sun woo helped was the masseur. So i hope she notifies sun woo in advance

Last 25 minutes

Lol loved the waitress girl's direct approach. Such cheater scumbags deserve to get coned by such women!

And Tae oh i don't know this man what he wants? He is thirsty for revenge but he is not good enough at all. Instead he is psycho.

You hire a guy to scare your wife, who went to jail because of her and expect him to do nothing? 

He acts like he cares for her and still not wanna hurt her and act like he loves her inside, but no he is just psycho, who cares for himself.

And da kyung insecurities coming out. I hope he cheats on her too

Chairperson's wife is great. A woman of strong character.

And woman association scene. I felt like going there , just to see faces lol:blush:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, loopo said:

After watching episode 8, I really love how SW is a manipulator in some ways, twisting her enemies heads and ideas. Feel bad about JY, to know that he had to undergo everything alone was sad. (P.S. I STILL HATE SNAKE FRIEND OVER TAE-OH, ATLEAST TAE-OH HAS MOTIVES, HER? WHAT IS HER PROBLEM? INFERIORITY COMPLEX?) 

There's no point in Da-Kyung being mad over SW, she already got her husband, unless she still has some lingering anger with her but then again I kinda feel it has subsided and now they're working together unknowingly? 

As for the perpetrator, I knew it was him, there was no other person with motive to do it but him aside from TO. 

Also, really happy to see SW only friend to be okay and still be on her side, FIGHTING!

Also also, really shipping SW with that Psychiatrist, FIGHTING FIGHTING!

The psychiatrist is just too unreal, how can anyone not love his gentle, protective character :wub:

I admire SW for her balls but serious manipulation with her son in episode 6 to have him stay with her and now working the mind of DK, how can DK be secure with a husband who has a history of cheating and how can she compete with TO and SW's history?

Seeing TO resorting to his own methods of revenge yet staying protective of her, I'm starting to feel him and SW should get back together, hate is driven by love and they are both driven in the same way

I knew the psycho attacker was the abusive boyfriend, I just hope his girlfriend doesn't have another encounter with him, I can only see it ending badly for one or both of them, I'm rooting for her all the way

I have no words for the ridiculous gyno, she really has thick thick skin, really leaves me speechless!

So glad that SW still has allies to support her, makes this battle of the roses all the more interesting, can't wait to see what else will unfold!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@lebeaucouple I agree with you about the 'fear' factor. I don't consider JY selfish or a spoil brat it's his fear of losing that familiarity and being removed from his comfort zone. He love his dad because they spent lots of time together while SW was working but it doesn't mean he loves her less. He knows his mom has been working hard to give him security and a comfortable life. When he saw his dad cheating he just threw away that video in hopes that his mom wouldn't find out and they all would continue to live like they use to. We saw that he left the baseball bat at TO's house. Here I felt that he didn't want to hurt SW and it was his instinct to call his dad when the intruder broke the glass window. When TO fixed that glass window (of course we know that it was TO's doing) he was carefully and slowly planning to fix JY's feeling towards him because of the divorce. Remember that SW told TO, JY saw him cheating with DK. I really hope that JY will soon find out the hard way what his Dad really is.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

So with the home-wrecker, he will try his best but with his mom he feel suffocated :joy:, does he have no respect for his mom , by now I don’t expect him to be loyal but who in their right mind  be calm with their dad mistress that destroy his mom life . 

This! Thank you @Ameera Ali :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jongski said:

I didn't realize Kdrama verstion. Is the oriignal a US or British drama?. 

The original is a British drama! It had only 2 seasons and it concluded in 2017. At the time it was one of the biggest dramas in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jongski said:

@lebeaucouple Yes it's that fear too.  Was there ever a conversation  between TO and JY.  Divorce happens not because SW cheated but TO did. 

About the conversation between TO and JY, i think it may have but i am not sure which EP, the content is implication way, not a direct apology when they had lunch or in the car together?? 

For Divorce happens not because SW cheated but TO did - You spot on....Thanks for bringing up, dear Chingu. :) Wait, before I answer you, I need to put a disclaimer clause, my opinion is purely from a third party view on this couple's underlying problem that they face on this current modern society which the drama has implicated on it on the earlier EP.  (I am also involving in assisting the marriage and divorce counseling in the community as a volunteer job)

This drama is telling the whole world that TO cheated on his wife, and everyone knows that TO  is in the wrong by cheating his wife not just emotionally, but also financial fraud. When there is an extramarital affair happens, is there any underlying problem between the couple that hidden long ago? Are they aware? Probably the couple are not aware, especially the wife since she is so busy in her work. I mentioned in my earlier post that both of their career development were at different stages back then, the wife was doing very well as a doctor, while the husband 's film production was on the rocks, did the wife know? Probably not, he spent more of his time sharing his worries with the mistress unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, many may argue that he can simply go back home to share the troubles with his wife. Look, what happened to both, certainly lack of open and honest communication. Generally, when a man feels that he is not "needed" or "lack of capability" in terms of financially in the family (because the wife is so capable), he will only share all his work troubles with others (eg drink with his friends), and not to mention during the dining table and thus the mistress can come in between the couple. Sad to say, the trust is broken. 

In early EP,  TO was given twice a chance by SW  to confess but he did not. Why, there was a fear in his mind, fear of losing his family, fear of financial loss, fear of losing his son, fear of facing DK's father when he finds out, etc. Then you may ask why he started the cheating, when a couple is in an imbalance relationship that i highlighted above, all these external temptation and internal problem that had not solved long ago appeared..... The internal root problem will not suddenly appear, it is long ago existed, just that the couple did not realise it. Same for their son that need to go to psychiatrist , he has a mental stress going thru after the parents divorce, did his parents aware during the last two years?

In fact, the initial EP already highlighted to the audience, just that the drama plot may somehow mislead the audience or they focus too much on the revenge part and the mental strategy used by both husband and wife.

During my volunteer job, I had met many cases similar to that. If you wish to maintain the harmony relationship, be a good listener, not just open communication, recognise and acknowledge your spouse capability, and understand his fear factors.

Sometimes you can be the strategic winner in this war when meet crisis. Enjoy reading it.:)

PS If the woman character is strong and independent type, then she should free herself to come out from the divorce and choose her own life that made her feel comfortable and happy for herself. Sometimes it works better for her. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Hey friends,

This drama is so fascinating, I'd like to share some of my thoughts too. And that's on Jae Hyuk character. I know he is written as an irresponsible husband who cheats on his wife consistently, but I have a feeling he does that because he actually truly loves SW, and can't see her suffer. 

Whenever he knows SW is being mistreated or undeserved, it seems like he's also suffering and goes back to his old ways. I'd be curious to know how he got to know SW, perhaps he had a crush on her first but TO asked her out before him?

But he was a very important character in helping SW divorce her husband, although it did come with a price... Would he have helped her if she didn't sleep with him? We wouldn't know... SW was basically throwing herself on him too to spite TO too... 

But just some of my thoughts... 

On a different note, I love how female centric this drama is. 2019 to 2020 has seen a series of more pro feminist productions in kdrama.. and I am loving all of them. Search WWW, when the Camilla blooms, and this one have been some of my favourites so far! 

• Like 6