Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

@Ameera Ali  Nah.... i don't think the storyline will go overboard...but may be his return more on revenge. A selfish and vengeful man.....let's see. I hope to see something different, or more meaningful towards the end.

While many people in this forum wondered why the son behaved in such way in the drama, we first need to understand the divorce rate in Korea is very high, many children do not want to see this happen in school if possible. The son who came from a rich family, with much love received from both of his parents, of course he prefered to have his family remained intact. We could understand his selfish motive because of his age, he still does not understand the complexity of the husband-wife, adult relationship. Only until when he witness his mum being abused by his father. Sometime, a teenage needs to grow up faster and be more mature when comes from a broken family.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I thought SW could be mentally unstable. The way she went about ensuring she gets her son and TO to agree to the settlement was a bit crazy. I believed she set up TO and pushed him to the limits that led him to abuse her when they were arguing. She knew that JY and YR would walked in at that moment and find her injured JY would then turn against his father.. That worked well for her but I find it quite disturbing. We also saw that TO has a violent streak. 

The scene between SW and JY at the lake was heartbreaking. I guess she never expected JY to feel that way about her that must have hit her really hard

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I'm so happy to see you here again, same like seeing old friend, @Ameera Ali , @ktcjdramaand @larus

The answer can be Yes and No for the set up. The timing has to be just nice in order for his son to return and witness that scene. What if the husband hit and run away, then her plan will fail. If that's the case, she took the chance to bet.. May be the truth will reveal later.... Anyway this is just a dramaland, so anything is possible. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@imgreatgal , @lebeaucouple The poor kid has a lot to put up with from both parents:unsure: 

but this friend , I don’t understand , how she still doing the same thing again after everything happen last time . The fact that she still remains the same as she was 2 years ago , despite knowing and acknowledging the part she played in deceiving Sun Woo  makes me want Sun Woo to teach her real lesson this time .

How can someone hate someone like this , if she want the husband, he isn’t with her anymore ;)

• Like 5

@Ameera Ali  I agreed with you that this lady colleague behave very superficial, not a very sincere person to her. She walks on the thin line... just between the couple. I am not sure how the BBC's Dr Foster drama portrayed her character, whether stick to the original role or  it is writer's intention. But what I do know that the Female lead does not have many close and sincere friends surrounding her, may be most of them jealous on her status, but the incoming psychiatrist attracted to her...not sure it is a good sign to start a new love soon...as it seems that there is the calm (2 year protective period) before the storm coming. :o

• Like 7

What's weird about this show is that everybody portrays the doctor as a cold person. The son says she never spends time with him, the husband complains to the mistress that she is pretentious, and everybody seems to not like her for some reason. Maybe there is more going on to her personality then it seems, or is it just me?

I will say that the way the show paints the husband, and literally everybody that she knows, except for the psychiatrist, makes me think that this is going to have some sort of Shakespeare-level of revenge were everybody dies in the end.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Posted (edited)

I just got into this show. WOW! I didnt know they were doing such dramas in S Korea! Finally we can see some good dramatic storylines with older people! Kudos to the entire cast and crew for pulling such a complex yet entertaining show. The ratings are getting higher and higher too. It's a very different drama from what i'm used to watch.

22 hours ago, alexaze said:

Top 3 cable dramas in only 6 episodes?!  :astonished:

It's about to take over my CLOY!!! I'm just glad that cable tv  are waking up and giving us more and more series about older people. People dont stop living after they hit 30 and for a while i was worried about the state of these shows that seemed to go to  younger leads for a while. Suddenly we get shows like CLOY and this one focused on people of over 30 and it gives me hope for Cable tv. Now the actors dont have to fear getting older because they will get good roles as tv networks are finally giving them worthy roles as they get older. Finally putting value on their experience in acting and letting them shine in their older years because there is obviously an audience for it judging by the ratings.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, poppie said:

Hi Chingus,

Someone knows if it is a total preproduced drama ? Or are they still filming the last episodes ? Thank you

I was also wondering the same thing.  They started filming last September 2019 which gives them 6 months before the drama aired. I would think they finished filming especially as it isn't a drama with lots of foreign locations or action scenes or something.  However, you never know with K-drama and their confounding filming schedules!

• Like 3

@Ameera Ali @lebeaucouple after watching 6eps I find that this drama isn't just a simple tale of a marriage breakdown and betrayal. SW's character here is bordering on the dark side. Her past traumatic experience could have affected her mentally. Whether she set up TO remains to be seen but I thought she when to the extreme by sleeping with JeHyuk to get TO's financial statement. It also seems that another reason she slept with JH is to get back at YR. YR JH and even her gynae friend stood by watching her husband betray her with another woman. To me SW looks calm on the outside but her heart is raging mad maybe like a control freak. Don't get me wrong, what ever it is I'm hating her husband for cheating on her and blaming her for what he has done. It also seems to me that he used SW financial stability to build his company and now he is using DK. He made them pregnant before marriage to have a control over them.

• Like 7

@imgreatgal Yes, you spot on it.  I wanted to mention it yesterday but it would be a long details analysis for the couple marriage. The story highlighted not just the main couple failed in their marriage, their neighbour couple also faced the same issue but the wife wanted to salvage the marriage by having their own kid. Obviously, the 2 couples were superficial and we never knew what happened to them in their past. Blaming one side may not be fair as we need to understand better on their background and their past events.

Watching this drama is like peeling the onion layers, using revelation of the character is the most powerful element of storytelling. In many stories, major characters, especially the protagonist, have some sort of character flaws that hold them back from achieving what they want or what causes them to hurt other characters surrounded them, which the story had thus far portrayed clearly on that.

Look at their neighbour couple, what had happened in their past that made them become so distant and cold between themselves. Conflict makes stories interesting. Slowly reveal usually marks a plot twist, that's why mystery and crime suspense story are so popular nowaday as these genres feature a revelation when the mystery is finally solved.

I would encourage our chingu in this forum do not give up this drama so soon because it may not reach the peak yet. I believe there will be a moment of self-discovery allows them to change their typical or insane actions in order to make good their failing at the end, so that to grow into a better person. I did not watch Dr Foster drama, i am not sure if the Korean writer or director will follow the original story or just amend the storyline to suit our audience taste.

Sometimes I prefer not to watch drama with less educational message, only carried out the message for the sake of the audience desire or demand. I prefer to have key message take away from this drama...not a psychopath or revenge killing storyline at the end. 

Let's see..:)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Which legit site is streaming this show?  I loved the original, the British one.  

@Ameera Ali the double spy is as shitty as TO and DK! Wolf in sheep’s clothing! :naughty:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

The answer can be Yes and No for the set up. The timing has to be just nice in order for his son to return and witness that scene. What if the husband hit and run away, then her plan will fail. If that's the case, she took the chance to bet.. May be the truth will reveal later.... Anyway this is just a dramaland, so anything is possible. 

I agree. It was a disturbing scene but it showed how much Sun woo was suffering. The emotional turmoil from the recent events made her to desperately played one last card. She provoked Tae Ok using confusing words knowing that he will be desperate enough to retaliate. Her plan was to let everyone know that he attacked her (of course, her son and Ko Ye Rim wittness everything will be better). She knew they will have to come soon at home. But even if he would run away her plan still would have worked. The plan would not worked if he will not became violent. But Sun Woo knew what her ambigious words will do to him. She could have died that day and I think she was willing to die.

Sun Woo set up Tae Ok and I understand his need to clear up his name but, in the same time, he never put himself in her shoes. Sun Woo was right. He never proper apologyed or felt remorse for cheating and hurting their family. Men like Tae Oh and Je Hyuk thinks that cheating is a men`s nature, they could not help it. They think only in themselves. He could have take the high road and put himself together and start a new life with his new love. He could start building his relationship with his son. His film was succesful, maybe he had support from Da Hyun`s father after all. Maybe he had determination to succeed now and in the past he just took Sun woo for granted, he was living a good life with his wife money instead of providing money for the family.  But he had to come back just to provoke Sun woo again! 

Tae Ok was defeated, his reputation was distroyed but people in that town are willing to forget what he has done so quickly. They will accept his party invitation. It is sick just like how everyone knew he was cheating and did not say nothing, they were silient accomplices. The sad part is that they would not be so understanding if Sun woo was the one cheating.

Sun Woo did not heal yet. Not only she was hurt by Tae Ok`s actions when her perfect family life was shattered but she had another trauma from her childhood (with what happened with her family) that she did not resolved. My wish is for Sun woo to find peace and move on with her life, finding a good man and forget the jerk but I won`t get that. Instead, I will see again  how she will respond to the war provocation and another round of messing Tae Oh`s life and herself as collateral damage. But I am very curious how this drama will end.

20 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I understand this drama EP will be up to 12, since it is high-rating drama , it may go up to 16...I have not watched any BBC Dr Foster drama yet, I am keen to watch. Appreciate very much if any kind soul can share the link that I can watch online?

You can find a site but I won`t recomand to watch so close to the Korean version. It is like you want to know what happened before you get to the end. It is very close to what you see on JTBC drama.

If I remember corectly, Emma broke a vase too when she went to dinner. Even the mistress hit her on the famous dinner scene. The scene went a little different, it has more restraint reaction on the Korean version.

Spoiler

I could be wrong because I don`t know what I remember corectly, but in British series, the mistress wanted to do an abortion as well but ultimately Emma "saved" the child. I am not sure how but that`s what I remember.

I like how Kdrama has much more time to explore the side stories. 16 episodes of 70 minutes per episode vs 10 episodes of 45 minutes.

• Like 6

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 13

"The World of the Married" rating peaks at 23.6% with shocking return of Park Hae Joon

"The World of the Married" has continued to receive an explosive response when its highest viewership rating soared to 23.6%.

499BAAE1-ECAC-482A-B81D-A61A68A5093E.jpg

The original scripted Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC Studio) is causing a syndrome in Korea. The ratings of episode 6 broadcast on April 11 recorded 18.8% nationwide and 21.4% in the metropolitan area (Nielsen Korea, standards of households using paid platforms). Through every episode, the drama broke its own record and even maintained the top spot among dramas aired in the same time slot. Following "SKY Castle", "The World of the Married" scored the second highest rating among JTBC's works. The drama also showed its enormous power when achieving a rating of 9% with the targeted audience aged 20-49 and climbing to the top of all channels' dramas (including terrestrial channels).

E47FE1B6-BA86-4BA4-90F5-A641EE61550C.jpg

The best minute of the episode with a viewership rating of 23.6% is when Park Hae Joon (as Lee Tae Oh) shockingly returned and signaled another storm. The party invitation from Park Hae Joon and Han So Hee (as Yeo Da Kyung) to Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Sun Woo) immediately stirred Kim Hee Ae's peaceful life. Not only Park Hae Joon's seemingly successful appearance but his happy wedding photos with Han So Hee also sparked a fierce fire. In particular, the contrast between a Park Hae Joon that has changed and a Kim Hee Ae being surrounded by insecurity again has aroused curiosity about the development of the story in the future.

4851F85B-F79C-44AE-8224-936BD7D5F2F5.jpg

That day, the truths were exposed so the world of Kim Hee Ae and Park Hae Joon was shattered. Kim Hee Ae gave the divorce paper to Park Hae Joon and thought about reporting on Park Hae Joon for embezzlement. However, Park Hae Joon isn't the person who yield easily. That is the despicable act when aiming at the Achilles' Heel of Kim Hee Ae.

Spoiler

60D49064-980E-4966-9D61-DD3A2F33D10C.jpg

Now, only indignation and intense hatred remained in them. Park Hae Joon unleashed his rage on Kim Hee Ae when she did not specify the direction of the son Jeon Jin Seo (as Lee Joon Young). Witnessing Kim Hee Ae bleeding and fainting, Jeon Jin Seo demarcated the line to Park Hae Joon, "From now on, I am no longer your son." As such, Kim Hee Ae's plan of removing Park Hae Joon from her life was totally successful. 

A new situation was set. The daily life of Kim Hee Ae, who ended dishonest, fake relationships and rediscovered the original perfect world, is once again falling into chaos. In the published preview, Park Hae Joon left an implicit saying, "I have a good reason to return to Gosan. I have to repay the creditors as much as what I owe them." The audience is curious as to what the reason for Park Hae Joon's return to Gosan is and whether Kim Hee Ae's world is wavering again.

Episode 7 of "The World of the Married" will be broadcast at 10:50 pm (KST) April 17.

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@larus

Thanks so much for your kind sharing on the short video :wub:, I really like the British accent of speaking, although the male lead in Dr Foster drama not for the eye candy type. :D

I will continue to watch the Korean version of drama because of the amazing cast and the suspenseful plot driving us crazy with wow effect (probably due to the fast pace that entice us)...I am sure that's one of the reasons why it was a massive hit on rating.

Something that is against the social norm, like a taboo for extramarital affair, has become a popular topic or appeared in drama nowaday (eg. VIP,  Love Affairs in the Afternoon, etc). The more prohibited or restricted by the social custom, the more people are curious and willing to take risks to challenge that.  

This drama covers bold topics that challenging the social norm:

1.   Exposing Extramarital affair (couple issue?)

2.   Sleeping with the husband's friend (ethics and morals issue?)

3.   Disclosing the patient's confidential data and privacy that infringe the law

4.   Unveiling the divorced woman that may encounter the social despise (that mentioned by the female lead's lady colleague), especially easy for gossiping in the small town in South Korea. Social and Gender are inequality in Asian countries, sad to say that. Many believe a woman cannot cope on her own.  To her, it seems that divorce is an option that carries a considerable price.

5. There may be more bold issues to highlight in the drama and we are yet to see.

Let's wait for the upcoming one. 

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Something that is against the social norm, like a taboo for extramarital affair, has become a popular topic or appeared in drama nowaday (eg. VIP,  Love Affairs in the Afternoon, etc).

You know how kdramas have a trend each year? I think this year is for extramarital affair topic in the dramas. :D It started last year with Love Affairs in the Afternoon and the trend has not diminished. Sure, the subject is common in kdramas but I think A Couple`s World takes it to another leavel. I am surprised that a kdrama showed some bold issues. Yes, there are other bold issues in the drama yet to see.

A Couple’s World: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by missvictrix

CW56_1.jpg

To say the cat is out of the bag is the understatement of the year, because this drama plows through its reveals at a staggering pace. This week our heroine shows her hand perhaps a little too readily, but that’s what happens when your world is crumbling beneath you and the only thing around you are lies.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

CW56_2.jpg

I’m not sure if there’s ever been two episodes of a drama that packed quite as much story into its time slot as A Couple’s World did this week. And with all the gasping and shrieking and holding of breath that this drama elicits, I can’t say I’m surprised they’re raking in the ratings.

The story is told with both suspense and speed, and it really grabs you by the throat and doesn’t let go. It’s a complete adrenaline rush, but there’s also something genuinely nauseating about it, as if you really are being grabbed by the throat. Or maybe it’s the feeling of the unthinkable ups and downs we endure with our heroine?

Plots and scenes escalate so quickly into violence and rage and pandemonium — you can’t look away, as if you’re staring at a horrifying accident. What is this? I can only explain it to myself as the clash of epic tragedy inserted into a seemingly normal present-day tale.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/a-couples-world-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 6
  • Love 2

they may be the weird couple @Lawyerh make you to eye roll how quickly How they over come his cheating :D but to their credit, it seem now they wouldn’t give TO & his little ex mistress ( wife ) the time of the day , not interesting in his little game with SW :lol:

15867820221586782004.gif

15867823131586782284.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 4/11/2020 at 6:44 PM, ktcjdrama said:

My problem is with the husband. Not so much the mistress and her parents relationship. And then also why bother to send invitation to her? It’s a lady’s hand, wonder if it’s the mother or DK herself. Two years have passed, still on revenge mode when they’re the ones in the wrong. 

Exactly. They're the ones in the wrong.

Neither of them love or care about each other. The one thing important to Tae-Oh is his son, but Da-Kyung gave exactly zero ***** about his feelings.

And he's always been stringing her along all this time, lying that he would leave his wife. He doesn't love her.

They've been thinking about getting revenge on Sun-Woo for the past two years. That's probably what bonds them together. They're both trash.

Sun-Woo did them a favor by throwing that bomb - that was how Da-Kyung got everything she wanted. She got her man, the teenage son out of the way, everything went her way.

What's really disgusting is how *entitled* they feel to their affair. They won't even acknowledge that Sun-Woo has the right to be angry.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

I just have rewatched the 6 episodes in order not to miss every details. This drama is a diamond. I watched dramas for 10 years. Now that I am older, I am not so hooked with romance dramas than I used to be. So this drama really makes me happy and excited !

I am OK with SW setting up the assault :

1/ With the episodes, we understood that SW has been traumatized by her parents' death. TO used this breach to crumble SW. I would have said  "eyes for an eye, and teeth for atooth". 

2/ If I was betrayed by husband for 2 years (who impregnated his girlfriend and lied to me many times), by friends, I had a selfish son who did not understand what I've done for the family (she was not there and had to work more because of her useless husband), I would have gone crazy. 

3/ I cannot give excuses to these b******. There is dark and there is white for me. 

So I support SW till the end and I hope she will be happy with her son and a new boyfriend. 

TO is very outrageous to come back, I hope he would get back his bad karma that he completely deserves. 

PS : I am pretty sure that TO does not love DK. He would have never divorced SW if she did not asked for it. I think, he wants to revenge because he cannot stand that SW can have a happy life without him. He tends to have narcissistic features. WTF with this sentence in this preview "I knew you'd still look amazing". 

• Like 9