[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

March 6 2020

Teaser trailer #3 for JTBC drama series “The World of the Married”

The-World-of-the-Married-mp1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for JTBC drama series “The World of the Married” starring Kim Hee-Ae, Park Hae-Joon, Park Sun-Young, and Kim Young-Min. The teaser trailer starts Kim Hee-Ae stating in Korean “Everything around me was perfect …” Below are four posters selected as official posters for the drama series.

“The World of the Married” first airs March 27, 2020 in South Korea.

Spoiler

The-World-of-the-Married-mp01.jpg

The-World-of-the-Married-mp02.jpg

The-World-of-the-Married-mp03.jpg

The-World-of-the-Married-mp04.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-jtbc-drama-series-the-world-of-the-married

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The World of the Married" Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon's Deadly Face of Love

2020/03/17 Source

photo1164628.jpg

Kim Hee-ae, Park Hae-joon and director Mo Wan-il get together to complete "The World of the Married".

The first jTBC original Friday- Saturday drama "The World of the Married" released posters of Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon.

Based on the English BBC series "Doctor Foster", "The World of the Married" is about a married couple's endless whirlpool of revenge that begins with betrayal. The intense world of couples strangling each other in the midst of exploding love and hatred is depicted in detail. The combination of director Mo Wan-il and actress Kim Hee-ae heralds another sensation. Joo Hyeon-I, a writer who has a good understanding of the inner details of the characters, wrote the play, and Kang Eun-kyeong, writer of Geul Line, is on board as a creator, completing the Dream Team. Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon as well as Park Sun-young, Kim Young-min, Lee Kyung-young and Kim Sun-kyung play married couples with their own secrets. Other casts include Chae Gook-hee, Han So-hee and Shim Eun-woo.

The character posters depict Ji Seon-woo (Kim Hee-ae) and Lee Tae-oh (Park Hae-joon). Kim Hee-ae looks elegant, but dominates the poster with a sense of sharpness. Her deep-thinking look is significant, as if to herald an impending collapse. The anxiety of Park Hae-joon, who can't hide his shaking eyes, creates inexplicable tension. Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon, who look perfect, but hide their different insides, are now looking in different directions in "The World of the Married". The red thread between the two is as significant as blood. It seems to imply the fate of the two, who will never be cut off while strangling each other fiercely.

Ji Seon-woo and Lee Tae-oh, who are swamped with betrayal, hold up pieces of happiness that are shattered and point their necks at each other, revealing the bare face of love. The synergy between Kim Hee-ae, who sensitively captures the essence of emotions with her delicate acting, and Park Hae-joon, who will present a fatal and intense transformation of acting, stimulates expectations. It is expected to create a dense attraction by adding stories of characters who are intertwined around Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon. On top of this, it is expected that a well-made drama will be born with the delicate and persistent psychological description by director Mo Wan-il.

Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon have absolute trust in Mo Wan-il. "Director Mo Wan-il creates sensuous works with meticulous and detailed directing. We are gaining momentum together by showing off our passion in the field. Scenes are being completed in the course of discussion and we expect the results to be great", said Kim Hee-ae. "He knows exactly what to acquire in each scene. There is persistence and passion that never fall over when it fails to reach his target point. This is definitely the power of the director to produce good works. However, he trusts and lets the actors act as freely as possible. I'm happy to have a coach named Mo Wan-il who can be trusted and followed", said Park Hae-joon.

https://www.hancinema.net/the-world-of-the-married-kim-hee-ae-and-park-hae-joon-s-deadly-face-of-love-139669.html

Premiere Watch: A Couple’s World

by stroopwafel

A Couple’s World

premwatch365_5.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Melo
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Based on the BBC show Doctor Foster, Kim Hee-ae stars as a protagonist who seems to have it all. She has a successful career in medicine, a loving son, and a perfect relationship with her husband, Park Hae-joon. When her husband starts to behave strangely, Kim Hee-ae’s suspicions grow into concern, then anger: the happy life she thought she had built with her husband turned out to be an illusion. Her husband, despite still loving her, committed a terrible betrayal. Her discovery can never be unlearned and it fuels a desire for revenge that can’t be sated, even though she may end up destroying herself in the process. The drama will ask difficult questions about the nature of love and just how thin the line between love and hate can be.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/premiere-watch-365-repeat-the-year-a-piece-of-your-mind-welcome-a-couples-world-unique-chef-moon-rugal/

This series definitely will get me on the hook again. Kim Hee Ae never fails us even once, not to mention that she's so intelligent in selecting good scripts over the course of her whole career as an actress. Cannot wait any longer. I read somewhere saying that the first two episodes will be broadcast around noon time in Korea before the official showtime. This news is exciting. Watching her acting alone is already an enjoyment. I don't necessarily have to understand the lines. (Zero background in Korean).

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200326001013

Realistic portrayal of ‘The World of the Married’ lands R-ratings

March 26, 2020

By Choi Ji-won

Perhaps the world of married couples, when seen up close, is too complicated and sensitive, and even raw at times, making it difficult to share with everyone.

The first six episodes of JTBC’s upcoming drama “The World of the Married” have been rated R, not because they include sexual or violent scenes but because they were too real, the new series’ producer Mo Wan-il said during the press conference held on Thursday.

“It’s a story about a married couple and the overall setting of the drama couldn’t be dealt with lightly. The ratings weren’t given based on the violence or the sexual elements, but because the actors’ portrayal (of married life) were too realistic that the scenes seemed more tense, grave and sensational,” Mo said.

“We decided to not limit ourselves until episode six and really go head-on with portraying the real emotions.”

Adapted from the smash-hit BBC series “Doctor Foster,” the upcoming show tells the story of how the relationship of a married couple turns into a whirlwind of revenge following the betrayal of one another.

Veteran actress Kim Hee-ae is returning to the small screen in four years as Ji Sun-woo, a doctor who is married to a film director and businessman Lee Tae-oh. Sun-woo finds out that Tae-oh, played by actor Park Hae-joon, has betrayed her and fallen into a dangerous affair.

Kim has previously taken up another lead role in JTBC’s 2010 drama “Secret Affair,” another melodrama featuring Yoo Ah-in as Kim’s much younger lover.

Producer Mo, who also directed JTBC’s hit romance-thriller “Misty” two years ago, said the Korean remake is different from the British original in some aspects. 

“While the original is focused more on the main character, in adapting the story for the Korean drama, we wanted to portray a whirlwind of emotions to rage around the main character and the people around her,” Mo said.

This adjustment also led to the different title. 

“The focus is not just on the person, but the relationships in which she is involved. Marriage and the married -- that’s how the title became ‘The World of the Married,’” he said. 

The 16-episode series will also feature actors Park Sun-young, Kim Yeong-min, Lee Gyeung-young and Kim Seon-kyeong as two other married couples who have their own secrets.

“The World of the Married” will air Fridays and Saturdays at 10:50 p.m. starting this week. 

(jwc@heraldcorp.com)

caption --

1) Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon pose for picture before the press conference on Thursday. (JTBC)

2) “The World of the Married” poster

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST
4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Good start 

come back after the sub :D

I know right... I know there are people out there just anticipated for the scene. Well, behave myself in public ha ha.

I just couldn't hold myself back and proceeded on watching raw of episode 1 on-line. Gosh, goosebumps... I thought it was just 60 minutes but it turned out 1 1/2 hour... somebody could explain please?

48 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Melody_06 

This A wild :joy: today & tomorrow

just what she checking :ph34r:

Other woman reaction: to much woman :mrgreen:

Ha ha.. new insight about how to measure the cup size. Shamefully being a woman like me. I covered my mouth in laugh watching the teaser for ep2. Sun-woo (Kim Hee Ae, is that a correct character's name?) is really woman-ish in this scene. She might be probably thinking that let's see the age difference in terms of body build. This looks really raw to me, a little bit embarrassing moment ha ha.

Archived