[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points
Update #9 is being installed. Service disruptions are expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Looks like Susie is setting up her dad now!

Haha, she deserves every bit off suffering she gets. It was great seeing her on her knees begging Ye Won but true to form it was callous and heartless. The insignificance she gave to DG's life and his family was just, wow. She really and truly can't change. But she going learn the hard way cause once the truth gets out all the riches will dry up and she have a criminal husband, her family will be the scorn of society. Her ivory tower about to crumble. As for her dad he's just plain evil. He'll be shocked that just own daugther will sell him out, it gonna be glorious :joy::naughty:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

Haha, she deserves every bit off suffering she gets. It was great seeing her on her knees begging Ye Won but true to form it was callous and heartless. The insignificance she gave to DG's life and his family was just, wow. She really and truly can't change. But she going learn the hard way cause once the truth gets out all the riches will dry up and she have a criminal husband, her family will be the scorn of society. Her ivory tower about to crumble. As for her dad he's just plain evil. He'll be shocked that just own daugther will sell him out, it gonna be glorious :joy::naughty:

From watching kDrama for a bit of a time now, I know for sure everything will be hunky dory at the end.  See how they welcomed Trang and her son.  I remember reading (did not watch all the earlier episodes) how abusive the mom was when DU wanted to marry YW.  I guess she mellowed quite a bit after her son passed away.  Also, did not like how the older children got away scott free with their abusive mouth and constant drain on the family.  Is that what the moral of the story is?  The matriarch looks after everything.  

SJ with her abusive behavior towards YW also did not get a reprimand.  They just left it as such without proper pain and suffering to what she did.  SJ kneeling down and acting as if DU life  didn't matter - truly shameless.  Her apology was not even sincere.  

JH -  I guess he had no choice with CD not bailing him out with YW.  But at least he seemed to be thankful to his mom even though she did plenty wrong.  What was she trying to do calling that shameless person for a favor - the one who wanted to date YW.  Didn't get what the phone call was about.

SJ parents - Potty scum.

Morals : Can't think of even a single one.  Every family has a black sheep and I guess it is Il Nam and his sister and the rest of them try to work so that they can still be a family.  

Felt wasted my time on this drama and could have used it to see something else.  But oh well!!

Enjoyed reading your comments and discussions and video clips and songs.  Meet you all in another thread.

• Like 1

I think this show has one more week, next drama doesn't start until 4/20. 

• Like 1

Suji probably thinks she needs JH more than her dad. Could be she thinks if her dad is deemed the instigator of all the crimes, JH will not be so severely punished.

• Like 2

It's really weird how Suji softened as a character so fast.  The guy who plays Suji's father is always good at his roles.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 7:45 PM, angelwingssf said:

Is this the off shoot love of a couple from "Ten miles of peach blossom"? - which was a good drama  by itself.  I loved the main couple and kid was awesome of all in TMOPB

On 4/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, Lunkera said:

Yeah, it's Bai Qing's niece Feng Jiu and dong hua dijun. Personally i prefer Ten miles of peach blossom.

Yes, "Pillow Book" was an off shoot of "Ten Miles". However, the plots on Feng-Jiu & Dong-Hua in "Pillow Book" and "Ten Miles" were somewhat different. People have suggested that when watching "Pillow Book", they need to start  with a fresh perspective.

Romance wise, both dramas are greatly enjoyable. The difference is that "Ten Miles" is "wider"-in the sense that it covers more relationships, while "Pillow Book" is "deeper"-in the sense it is more focused on the relationship between main FL & ML.

Suggestion for additional watch: Bad Love

“Bad Love” has 120 episodes. Main kind leads (FL So-Won & ML Jae-Hyuk) are married around episode 80 (unlike many dramas, where main kind FL & ML are reunited only at the last episode).

Plot wise, this drama is better than its predecessor, “Everybody Says Kungdari”.

Please check.

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Someone attack CD from behind

My guess is the secretary.  He was watching SJ hand over the recorded tape.

Also, SJ is in hospital Playlist and Trang too (I think!)

• Like 3

in her bid to bring justice to her late husband, YW risk losing her future husband...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Episodes 119 & after

Chun-Dong got the evidence/recorder from Su-Jin. In some exceptional dramas, the lead would inform his/her ally, reproduce the evidence, keep it in a safe location, and send it to the prosecution. Meanwhile, s/h would not threaten the enemy. In this manner, s/he could ambush the enemy.

However, this drama seems to follow the old formula: CD does not inform his ally (perhaps YW or SH). Instead, he goes straight to the chairman and threatens him, and thus alerting him. The result is as expected: The chairman sends someone to hit CD. Now CD might be unconscious for some episodes. Later, somebody might retrieve the evidence and send it the prosecutor.

The result is that the chairman’s crimes might be unraveled at the last 2-3 episodes, and  get punished only at the last episode. Meanwhile, the reunion between kind FL (YW) and ML (CD) might happen only near the end of the last episode. After waiting patiently for 124 episodes, viewers might be “rewarded” with very short happy reunion scenes between kind FL & ML (perhaps wedding or just kissing), just as happening in most dramas.

It is the same old formula, folk.

(Still, I would like to give the credit where it is due, i.e., that here the development is better than in some other dailies). as  @Tracy G says it.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:12 AM, Tracy G said:

Well, it could have been making us tear our hair out, like some other dailies of recent memory....at least this one seems to be progressing logically, ....

Thanks for those who keeps watching every episode. Your comments give much information as to when to play the FF button and when to watch the whole episode.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

Episodes 119 & after

Chun-Dong got the evidence/recorder from Su-Jin. In some exceptional dramas, the lead would inform his/her ally, reproduce the evidence, keep it in a safe location, and send it to the prosecution. Meanwhile, s/h would not threaten the enemy. In this manner, s/he could ambush the enemy.

However, this drama seems to follow the old formula: CD does not inform his ally (perhaps YW or SH). Instead, he goes straight to the chairman and threatens him, and thus alerting him. The result is as expected: The chairman sends someone to hit CD. Now CD might be unconscious for some episodes. Later, somebody might retrieve the evidence and send it the prosecutor.

The result is that the chairman’s crimes might be unraveled at the last 2-3 episodes, and  get punished only at the last episode. Meanwhile, the reunion between kind FL (YW) and ML (CD) might happen only near the end of the last episode. After waiting patiently for 124 episodes, viewers might be “rewarded” with very short happy reunion scenes between kind FL & ML (perhaps wedding or just kissing), just as happening in most dramas.

It is the same old formula, folk.

Heh, if it was really the same old formula, CD would have amnesia for at least 30 episodes, thus dragging out the plot and causing us viewers to really lose our hair! But I do agree with you, CD was a lame-brain for going to the CEO and blabbing about what he knew. He should have hustled himself and his luscious lips right down to the inept local Seoul Police Department with the recorder so they can bungle the case/take a payout from the CEO/"lose" the evidence. Wouldn't mind seeing Il Nam step up here...just sayin'! 

I wonder if SJ has deeply considered that by outing her dad, her lifestyle is gonna take a massive hit....like all the way down to the bottom kind of a hit. Her and her mom, MIL and the new baby are gonna be living in a ramshackle rooftop apartment if they are lucky. SJ's mom has no skills whatsoever; at least JH's mom can cook and clean but she won't stand for SJ's mom just loafing around all day...that could be a whole 'nother spinoff series. (Are you listening writer-nim?!) I gotta wonder if JH will get actual jail-time or if he will get probation from his part in the murder of DW. 

I think one reason we don't see weddings at the end of these dailies is that the production is usually over budget, plus with the current situation in the world, it would look awkward to have a big wedding. Now I could get behind a small family wedding, and it would be keeping within the frame of the drama. 

Even if the CEO gets punished in the last episode....at least he will get punished. Too often, the baddies get "forgiven" by the main characters, and minimal to no punishment/karma happens to them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

Is there an English translation for the preview?

Here we go.

Chun-dong is hospitalized unconsciously and is in a situation where he may be killed. Byeong-rae confines Suzy in the room. Meanwhile, Yeo-won finds out who the killer attacked in Cheondong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Probably the same guy that tried to run down YW ?

• Like 3

The actress who plays Jjang has been so convincing to me I thought she actually was a Vietnamese actress who spoke great Korean. I speak, read and write Korean. She totally convinced me that she was Vietnamese. Imagine my shock when I saw her in Hospital Playlist. She’s a 100% Korean there. That’s one hell of an actress. Wow. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

I haven't been able to catch up but since the action is slow, the previews are so enlightening. I am glad that Jihun turned himself in. Suji is doing something useful for the first time in her life by exposing her dad. 

really Jihun calling his mother 어머니 eomeoni touched me. The actor is really amazing, he convinced me. He is so talented, and a wonderful dad too. I disliked Jihun for a very long time, but near the end I started to like the actor lol (the second lead syndrome :D )

But still CD is my favourite, in comparison I choose CD, he is cheerful and full of positive energy

• Like 3

I love this scene  its really unique since it comes from his perspective. CD seems to be coming around already

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1