[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

YW works in JH's team. I really hope she can be in good terms with CD. He doesn't know why she is back

I dont know not really liking YW much at this point, the writers  really dropped the ball here.

I guess we see what happens at this point since CD never clued in on anything about her since she never says anything. Also she does not find it odd that JH doing all of this  right after the offer on the restaurant come on.

JH's mom cleans his shoes for him, and he thanks her for the food? I really think at the end of the drama, he will leave the house with his mom. I hope they go away. Somehow it will be better if JH divorces SJ. It will be satisfying for me to see SJ ending up alone :)

Also JH will be humiliated to discover that his mom is the maid of his inlaws. I think he will forgive her near the end.

I really don't want to disappoint everyone but I think the main focus has been on YW's inlaws and SJ's family (they occupy almost 50 % of the scenes) and now it's on Dong U's suspicious death. The love story is sided now. It is disappointing but I am not really surprised because I know that in mini-series they give 90 % of the focus on romance while in dailies it is the other way round. Anyway I enjoy all CD scenes and I look for them on YouTube even if they don't include YW.

I forgot to say, the scenes of SJ's mom sitting on the sofa with Jenny and ordering people around are getting on my nerves ;)

52 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I feel YW is making the same mistake she did with DG in pushing away CD ,she is heading down the same path.

Hopefully we seen some progress week since she cant possibility do this on.Since CD is loyal to her and not the company

Unfortunately she doesn't trust him :(

she didn't trust him when her colleague had a problem when she talked about the competiting designer of SJ withdrawal from the competition after SJ's mom bribed her. She believed her friend when she said that CD cares about his job more than revealing the truth 

19 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

Let’s take stock at this drama.

The structure of most dramas

spot on!!

Don't expect anything from the writer.  I too wish that the writers would change these in a 30-30-30 % format so as to teach morals / values / perseverance / problem solving / investigation capabilities to the viewers  vs. constant harassment/ belittling / nagging/ annoyance/ tattling . ( And I can add a few more to it).  They make the series interesting in the beginning and disgusting in the middle and half hearted solution in the end.  

Watched something aired last year. IT was good  - light hearted rom com.

Spoiler

Romance is a bonus book.  -  Enjoyed the story line and the light hearted ness of the drama.  No back stabbing.  No makjang.  Main characters acted very well.  

59 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Unfortunately she doesn't trust him :(

she didn't trust him when her colleague had a problem when she talked about the competiting designer of SJ withdrawal from the competition after SJ's mom bribed her. She believed her friend when she said that CD cares about his job more than revealing the truth 

That was all before she was in love with him, after he risk his job, and save her dad she trust him I am sure.

14 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really don't want to disappoint everyone but I think the main focus has been on YW's inlaws and SJ's family (they occupy almost 50 % of the scenes) and now it's on Dong U's suspicious death. The love story is sided now. It is disappointing but I am not really surprised because I know that in mini-series they give 90 % of the focus on romance while in dailies it is the other way round. Anyway I enjoy all CD scenes and I look for them on YouTube even if they don't include YW.

I forgot to say, the scenes of SJ's mom sitting on the sofa with Jenny and ordering people around are getting on my nerves ;)

But what is really killing me is SJ's dad has fell in love with the dog he did't want the mother to keep. He has the dog in his lap now more than anybody in the house. He is spoiling the dog more than they are now.

I love Jenny myself because she it so cute.

10 hours ago, laura Washington said:

But what is really killing me is SJ's dad has fell in love with the dog he did't want the mother to keep. He has the dog in his lap now more than anybody in the house. He is spoiling the dog more than they are now.

I love Jenny myself because she it so cute.

Lol he was worried because last time when the previous dog died, his wife caused trouble. He likes dogs too.

I love Jenny too :wub: , who wouldn't? 

I just don't like SJ's mom because she treats people worse than her dog which is not good

Even Seol Jung Hwan loves her lol

First overriding question/observation: Did anyone else notice that Il Nam did not mention paying back the debt he owes YW from the (potential) proceeds of his share of the land? Seriously? Dude, before you blow that money on your next scam, how about paying back your stepbrother's widow? That really set me off this week. I'm sorry, that guy is beyond redemption. Total scum. Trang should leave Korea ASAP and take the next boat back to Vietnam. Her son is better off with no father than Il Nam. 

I am so surprised that YW found her missing backbone in that box of DW's stuff! Who knew it was there of all places, lol! Seeing YW give SJ a piece of her mind (and a strong wrist grab to boot) in the preview keeps me going just as I was about to give up on this drama....

There's gonna be a lot to resolve in 40 episodes.

@nohamahamoud2002 Thank you so much for the IG pics (Jenny is a super cute dog, and I'm a cat person, lol!) and for the YT video of JH and his kids. So much adorableness! I like the actor that plays CD, and he has a great smile, but JH is a much more nuanced and interesting character, and Shim Ji Ho is a master at the little facial expressions that make it all work. 

@seungshin So awesome to see you posting again!  I have a couple of questions for you because of your vast knowledge of the Korean language...

1) Why do the other characters pronounce the name we viewers see translated as "Trang" like "Jjang"? 

2) Why did JH thank his new Mother in Law for using his first name (at least per the subbers) when she clearly called him 김서방? I know she was addressing him as her son in law, but I wonder how/why it was translated as she was using his first name. She should be calling him 김서방 all the time, right?

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@shamrockmom I think Shim Ji Ho is very good too. I hope he gets a different role in the next daily to show his talent but as a good man, because sometimes viewers dislike villains :)

I think he was a good guy in Love till the end 

Shim Ji Ho was great and showed his comedic side in the daily from several years ago, "Shut Up Family." He was also a good guy and acting skills were top notch in the melo daily "You Are a Gift." His crying skills were crazy!

6 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

1) Why do the other characters pronounce the name we viewers see translated as "Trang" like "Jjang"? 

2) Why did JH thank his new Mother in Law for using his first name (at least per the subbers) when she clearly called him 김서방? I know she was addressing him as her son in law, but I wonder how/why it was translated as she was using his first name. She should be calling him 김서방 all the time, right?

First, I have to agree with you @shamrockmom Il Nam is one unredeemable character. Wonder If the writer will do anything to make him even a tiny bit useful in this world. I think once he finds out he's a father, he might change. Also, one possible excuse for him seems to be that he couldn't accept Jjang because he has so little to offer. If he gets more financially able, he might be ready to take on responsibilities as a father and husband. He would have gotten together with Jjang if his latest investment hadn't gone belly up. 

1. On Jjang. I just wrote the name I hear them calling her. I didn't know it was spelled/sounded ”Trang” in Vietnamese/English until you mentioned it. Jjang is Koreanized word for Trang It seems. Much like how Korean sir names Yi and Bak became anglicized into Lee and Park, respectively. They are not necessarily completely phonetic but much more comprehensible and comfortable for the local tongue sort to speak. I think the same was done in Korean with the Vietnamese name. 

2. 김서방/Gim seobang (son-in-law)  - JH thanked her because that was the first time SJ’s mother referred to him as 김서방, thereby finally, albeit reluctantly, accepting him as a son-in-law (not 100% since she still doesn't want them to register their marriage).  Until then,  she’d continued to refer to him by his company title, 김본장, even after they were married, which she would have done the whole time she had known him. Her husband gave her **** for it, but she’d said she couldn't get used to calling him a son-in-law, yet. (Until she kinda felt badly that no one remembered his birthday).  This was an affront to him, of course. There is a huge affection gap between being called 김서방 vs 김본장 obviously, especially in Korean, since their culture and language are hyper-sensitive about how people refer to each other. Hope this helps. 

Archived