[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

Let me summarize how I think the setup here goes. I am probably wrong, so go ahead and correct me.

Soondubu Mom was married to Dong Woo's dad, and that dad passed away. Then she married Mr. Nam and he was a widower with 2 horrible brats and I-Nam. Soondubu mom nearly packed up and left Mr. Nam because (insert reason here, My guess is some combo of adultery, DV, etc.). Then Mr. Nam died and she got the whole crew of kiddos--and all his debt.

I believe that for whatever jerk Mr. Nam was, he knew the kiddos. And he knew his 3 were lacking....so he adopted DW. Even the brats looked up to DW as the eldest son. Then again, he could have adopted DW for the simple reason that DW would get mad hassle from classmates for not having a father, and this way, he would technically have a father. 

In the US, I believe the law would be that without a written will, Soondubu Mom can do whatever she wants with that property. It's her land to sell/keep/divide up as she pleases since she was married to Mr. Nam and is his surviving widow. of course, this is Korea, and the laws may differ. 

Heaven Knows the horrible brats aka Il Nam and the loudmouth sister in law (and probably I-Nam too by now because he wants the motorcycle) are gonna put pressure on Soondubu Mom for the cash, which is utterly disgusting to me after her years of sacrifices for them.

Now if Mr. Nam left Soondubu Mom out of his will, then he could have bequeathed the land to his most capable son, biological or not--and that would be DW. Maybe he gambled that DW would keep the land in the family, and sell it when the time was right and that he would divide the proceeds up in a fair manner. 

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I didn't watch today's episode yet @lu09

do they know that their dad left the land to Dong U? If they don't know, then a lot of trouble is lying ahead.

Is YW's dad working as Jihoon's driver? He will meet JH's mother soon lol

I believe YW’s dad is working as a “daeri (대리/replacement) driver: the drivers people call when they can’t drive their vehicles, usually because they’ve had alcohol. He was going to work at night when his buddy came home after his date with Jjang. It sure will be something when he runs into JH’s mom though. Lol. 

PS. Hi everyone. New here, first time posting in a couple of years. I love CD and his sister in this drama. Hi @shamrockmom. Nice to see you here. 

3 hours ago, seungshin said:

I believe YW’s dad is working as a “daeri (대리/replacement) driver: the drivers people call when they can’t drive their vehicles, usually because they’ve had alcohol. He was going to work at night when his buddy came home after his date with Jjang. It sure will be something when he runs into JH’s mom though. Lol. 

PS. Hi everyone. New here, first time posting in a couple of years. I love CD and his sister in this drama. Hi @shamrockmom. Nice to see you here

Welcome :) how could you resist not posting till now? :D

thanks for the info about YW's dad :)

Jihoon is cold towards his mom, despite not knowing her identity. He is an arrogant man. The way he takes off the polite mask is so scary, it shows his real ugly face behind the mask. But honestly I like the way the actor did it. 

for his fans watch this

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/flowerypath/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0245-01-369358,read,,84,800647

84 preview (google)

Yeowon visits the newspaper, meets reporters and hears about Dongwoo. Yeowon is worried about the writing written in Dongwoo's journal and finally reinstates to Hana Beverage.

SJ is jealous again of YW, YW meets the journalist and it seems that she goes back to work at the company after doubting Dong U's suspicious death???

I guess YW will not join HB because she found her husband journal but the brat is about to cause major trouble becuase they where discussion that  over dinner lol.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/flowerypath/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0245-01-369358,read,,84,800647

I still  dont like she did not go after all the trouble CD went though for her.

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I guess YW will not join HB because she found her husband journal but the brat is about to cause major trouble becuase they where discussion that  over dinner lol.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/flowerypath/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0245-01-369358,read,,84,800647

I still  dont like she did not go after all the trouble CD went though for her.

According to this preview in Korean, YW goes back to work at Ha Na.  I'm glad she's doing that.  She will learn more about what's going on inside.  And more likely she will partner with CD, eventually, and get at the bottom of things and reveal all the corruption and crimes perpetuated by JH and the gang.  

They are all counting the chickens before they hatch. I have got a feeling something will happen and their bubbles might burst. The lesson is to teach them to depend on their own self to be rich and not to depend on windfalls. 

If the land is worth 5 million usd and each will get about 1 mil usd, it is not a lot of money. They can afford some luxury but it won't last too long if they keep spending and not investing wisely. 

Lol they already spending money they don't even have. Their actions showed exactly why mum didn't want them to know and why dad did trust them with the land. But mum help make them what they are now, cause look all now when they chat shite she didn't pull them up on it, she lets them get away with it. So you reap what you sow.

As if we didn't know she was vile SIL of course her first thoughts go to nefarious ideas in regards to Yewon's return and even her mum. Because that something she would do. As to Il Nam, Trang best never tell him about the kid, she needs to make her money and move on he's a waste man. Look how quick they were to bash the tofu restaurant that clothed, feed, housed and quite frankly spoilt them all these years. I hope they don't get a penny.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:45 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yes. I was deceived in him for a short while when he played the lovesick man, and being apparently polite to CD and SW. I wonder what will be CD's reaction when he sees the monster in his friend.

I think the actor is trying to make the character a bit of a mixture between humanity and villainy, but really he is scary. If I come across such a person in real life, I would just run away immediately ;)

PS, I consider Jihoon much worse than Junho in Home for Summer lol. I used to consider Junho a good for nothing jerk, but at least he didn't get involved in someone else's death.

Just curious, how did Dong U go to hospital after the accident? Did Jihoon take him? And how did CD end up in the same hospital? Do you think the evil Jihoon was human for 5 minutes and was the one who suggested the heart donation?? Anyway, it is still unclear. I just remember that SJ's dad kept saying he was good to CD and hired him, and was reminding him that he did him a favour. I have to go back to the first episodes

Jihoon fled the scene when DU crashed.  He went to tell his FIL and the FIL praised him for doing a good job for the company!  the doctor told DU's Mom and YW that DU could have survived if he was brought to the hospital earlier.  DU spent many hours in his car after the crash.  Someone drove  up hours later and saw DU and called an ambulance.  So JH didn't mean for the crash to happen but the fact that he fled the scene w\o getting help for DU means he is a murderer.  

It was DU's Mom who persuaded YW to allow DU's wish to donate his organs. 

On 2/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Lunkera said:

hahah been watching kdramas for about 12 years and dailies for maybe 8years. been burned too much :D 

Let’s take stock at this drama.

The structure of most dramas

Most dramas seem to adopt the following structure

1) Problems

In typical 120-episodes drama, problems go in circles; nasty people keep winning and have good times, until episode 117. In episodes 118 & 119, nasty people start to lose. In the final episode (120): (a) in the first half, nasty people lose and may get punished; (b) in the second half of the episode, kind people have happy times

2) Relationship

Main nasty couple get married around the middle of serial and have plenty of lovey-dovey times. Secondary couple may also get married.

Main kind couple develop relationship in few episodes around the middle. Then, they get separated. They only get reunited at the last half of the last episode. There are 2 or 3 short scenes, lasting 10 minutes in total, where they have lovey-dovey times.

This serial

This serial has reached episode 84. As serials terminate on Fridays, this serial is expected to last for 124 episodes.

YW goes back to live with her in-laws, although she could live elsewhere, as her own family do. Thus, it is quite possible that this drama would follow the above tired old structure.

1) Problems

The problems, like Dong-U’s death mystery and company corruption, may just get covered until episode 121. Then, in episodes 122 & 123, the nasty people’s crimes may get revealed and, in the first half of episode 124, the nasty people may get punished.

2) Relationship

Main nasty couple (JH & SJ) already get married and may have plenty of lovey-dovey times. Secondary couple (could be Trang & greedy brother in law, or YW’s sister & Nam) could also get reunited.

Meanwhile, main kind couple (YW & CD) had some development in previous episodes and have reached the separation stage. They may be reunited in the last half of episode 124, with 2 or 3 short love-dovey scenes, of less than 10 minutes in total.

I sincerely hope that this drama may provide an exception and give us viewers a more enjoyable serial. However, I do not have high hopes. It seems that viewers have to spend time for 124 episodes to get the reward of less than 10 minutes of truly happy times between the main kind couple. Frankly speaking, that is too expensive.

Meanwhile, there would be a lot of "Unasked" annoying scenes which involve either the nasty couple or greedy and interfering in-laws. No thanks for those.

Thankfully, there is the FF button and there are persistent viewers who give summaries and comments. Thanks, Chingus. Please keep up the good work. 

9 hours ago, fanofr said:

Jihoon fled the scene when DU crashed.  He went to tell his FIL and the FIL praised him for doing a good job for the company!  the doctor told DU's Mom and YW that DU could have survived if he was brought to the hospital earlier.  DU spent many hours in his car after the crash.  Someone drove  up hours later and saw DU and called an ambulance.  So JH didn't mean for the crash to happen but the fact that he fled the scene w\o getting help for DU means he is a murderer.  

It was DU's Mom who persuaded YW to allow DU's wish to donate his organs. 

thank you for reminding me. Yes I remember now the doctor said that had he came earlier, he could have survived. The writer didn't show scenes of that, so it slipped my memory. Yes, JH left him to die. This is evil, although he didn't hit him, but he witnessed the accident. He saw him injured and left him. This is a crime as bad as murder (but I don't think he will get a prison sentence for that). The utmost punishment will be revealing the corruption in the company, JH to lose his job, and the father-in-law to lose his name and reputation.

Archived