[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

On 2/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, dramaninja said:

YW also making things more difficult for herself and others by not taking the job CD work hard to get for her.She is her own roadblock here at this point.

13 hours ago, dramaninja said:

YW big problem right now as her sister said she cares to much about what they think not what for the best or to follow her own heart.

The problem with some ‘good’ leads like YW

In dramas, usually characters are divided into ‘good’ and ‘bad’ characters’, in which ‘good’ is equal to ‘kind’ while ‘bad’ is equal to ‘nasty’. IMO, there is some confusion here.

In real life that’s not how we frequently use the terms. Instead, in activities, 'good' means 'competent' while 'bad' means 'incompetent'. For example, in football/soccer, when we say that a player is ‘good’, it means that s/he could (1) stop goals from getting into her/his own goal posts, or 2) strike goals into the opponents’ goal posts.

In order to be ‘good’, the player might not always be ‘kind’. Often, s/he may have to tackle her/his opponents, which is ‘unkind’, as it brings body clash and may lead to pain/injury.

By contrast, a player may be ‘kind’. For example (1) when an opponent advances, rather than tackling the opponent, s/he prefers to let the opponent goes forward and strikes a goal, or (2) when the said player advances to the opponent’s goal posts, and an opponent tackles her/him, s/he prefers to give the ball away rather than tackling back and possibly hurting her/his opponent. While the player is ‘kind’, s/he is a ‘bad’ player.

In this drama, YW wants to be ‘kind’. She does not want to take actions that may hurt other people’s feelings or welfare, even though the people hurt her feelings or welfare. For example, she does not want to defend herself when other people (1) steal her money (e.g., her brother in law) or his family’s money (e.g. gold-digging lady), (2) block her love relationship (e.g., her mother in law and sister in law). As such, while she may be ‘kind’, she is a ‘bad’ lead, as she is as spineless as jelly (minus the sting).

[Note:  Even the ‘kind’ predicate may not always apply. She is ‘kind’ to people who abuse or exploit her, but could be cold or 'mean; to people who really care for her (e.g. CD or her sister)].

With this kind of heroine, watching the serial has become painful. It is very disquieting to watch a soccer game, in which a home side star player is kind but keep on letting goals or refusing to strike goals. Similarly, it becomes unbearable to watch a serial in which the heroine keeps on letting other people to abuse her. As a result, some people may stop watching regularly and skip scenes/ episodes.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

The problem with some ‘good’ leads like YW

In dramas, usually characters are divided into ‘good’ and ‘bad’ characters’, in which ‘good’ is equal to ‘kind’ while ‘bad’ is equal to ‘nasty’. IMO, there is some confusion here.

Correction:

In dailies good characters  = stupid

Bad characters = smart

(Of course with the exception of dear CD :wub: )

It's a pity they write the lead of most daily drama as either a doormat or stupid or both :D since i was looking forward to this drama. When i'm fed up with all these doormats i always return to Ugly Alert, Yellow Boots, You Don't Know Women. Unfortunely the first has mediocre subs but that doesn't bother me really while the last one doesnt have subs ^^. 

•  

OST 22, I added the English subs at last, Press cc (on android the 3 dots down right) Some of you already watched the music video, because I published it last week but it wasn't with English subs :) 

So is Hana Beverages trying to buy YW MIL restaurant? Thats not going to be pretty! Seems the MIL asked for CD help.  

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/flowerypath/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0245-01-369358,read,,81,800583

Why do I feel this is when all their dirty tactics  will come out again and their dirty past.

6 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hopefully :) but the writer doesn't want to make us happy :bawling:

I really like YJ apologizing to SW. I think it will be better now

Its going to get ugly either way!  

I do like the effort YJ is putting in since I like her she needs to make it right BUT only SW can forgive her. I like both sisters actually I thought SW would be annoying but she stop acting seeing how happy CD was.

They both good sisters.

It makes me pretty angry reading comments about how SW should move on or bullying isnt a big deal.Not on  here of course let me make that clear all of you are  amazing. :heart:

The only one in the wrong is in YJ she was the bully sure she change but that  pain stayed with SW,does not matter how long ago it was.Like I mention before SW is the only one that can forgive YJ but thats up to her she does not have to. 

Its funny seeing people  getting mad at SW like she doesn't    a reason to be upset I dont like it at all. :rage:

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Its funny seeing people  getting mad at SW like she doesn't    a reason to be upset I dont like it at all. :rage:

I totally agree with you. Bullying is the worst thing. It leaves a deep emotional scar. Remember that SW is an orphan, so she always felt insecure. I think some don't like SW because she is timid and somehow the actress' face expressions are the same. But I believe she is a very good person because she never allowed SJ to hurt her brother CD. She seems to be relenting in the preview. I hope she makes it up with YJ, so that the romance will go on smoothly. 

I think you read youtube comments, I don't agree with them because they are unreasonable sometimes -_- I even stopped replying, because some of the commenters disagree with each other and things get hectic.

I really have another point. I think JH fell in love with SJ in the orphanage when she gave him her scarf. He wanted to be competent enough to win her over, that's why he worked hard. His mixing with his corrupt father in law taught him evil things and I am sure he will pay for it later. But to be fair, I think he truly loved SJ. Also I think he won't accept the humiliation his mother suffers at the hands of his inlaws. I believe that's a punishment for the mother too, seeing her son treated like trash by SJ and her mom. So somehow both of them are punished. I expect JH will divorce SJ after learning about the identity of his mom, because his family won't accept her and he won't be pleased to see her humiliated by SJ and her mom (reminding me of Junho in home for summer). 

3 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Yeah, i was also alittle bullied as a child. To be honest, it never really leave you and ruins a person self-esteem. So it's up to  SW to forgive her or not.

Me too. I did face some bullying at school but somehow I was able to make peace with the bullies and they eventually became less aggressive. I hid my fear, and it worked. I really don't consider clear bullies very harmful. The sneaky emotional abusers are much worse. I met some. Their harm is really dangerous, because they study the weak points of everyone and use it against them, this needs an evil mind.

I consider SJ an emotional abuser. She harmed YW, SW, CD and JH. Jihoon was her clearest victim. She used him in every way. She also knew YW's weak points and hurt her 

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Me too. I did face bullying but somehow I was able to make peace with the bullies and they eventually became less aggressive 

@nohamahamoud2002, thanks for tagging me:wub:,  silent lurker here and really don't watch k-drama for now.  Taking a hiatus for my sanity:lol:.  Anyway, I think at one point in our lives we were bullied and I experienced it too.  Peace to All:blush:

Archived