[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

That was a really cute episode. All CD's interactions with and reactions to YW were adorable. His silly face when he was frozen in his room cracked me up. Then the hilarious head butting over-reaction at the end was just more cuteness. It's refreshing to watch a daily that leaves me with a smile. I hope whatever misunderstanding about her being married that is coming up next week is resolved as quickly as possible. I really don't want to see CD sad (I enjoy his smile too much), or (worst case) giving in to SJ because he thinks YW has a husband. He's starting to acknowledge his attraction/heart fluttering for YW, and there will be plenty of angst provided when the heart transplant donor is revealed, so we really don't need him struggling with the guilt of liking a married woman and trying to get her out of his system by dating SJ (I saw this scenario suggested elsewhere). So cross fingers he finds out she's a widow fairly quickly. (Though I'm not sure I believe he'd date someone else just for those reasons. He seems too genuine and sincere to use someone else's feelings in that way)

I'm surprised by how much I like this daily. It's pretty straight forward, has very few frustrating characters (no pure evil loons) and can be watched without having to think too much about it. Easy viewing I guess. Sometimes I need this kind of show to help switch my brain off, with the bonus that every scene with the ML smiling makes me smile too. 

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every other KBS1 daily we get this kind of  widowed + youngster drama ... they are usually fun and lighhearted romcoms without any really bad characters ... KBS2 dailys are all about slap slap spal revenge and gore to the core

so the core story will be the M-I-L accepting her D-I-L as a daughter and sending her and her granddaughter to her new husband by ep 120. 

I do enjoy watching this drama....but today threw me for a loop (Warning: Rant Ahead!)

WTH!! Trang is Il Nam's...wife?!? :o And this was supposedly for something to do with his "business" in Vietnam! (whatever shady ridiculousness that might have been)  UGH!!! :angry: He is old enough to be her father for goodness sakes, and then he ditched her and came back to Korea?!?  What a jerk! I can't stand even looking at him. He is a scoundrel and a freeloader, and now he has added "cad" to that list. Dude...you are 50-something! It is long past the time you got your act together! 

It was bad enough when he borrowed the late husband's life savings to bail his sorry posterior out from being organ donor fodder for the loan sharks--and you can bet he hasn't paid back a single Won of that to Yeo Won. But to think he married this young girl and left her hanging while he moves on with his life in another country is utterly disgusting. :tears: /

Trang being Il Nam"s isn't too surprising as is actually in keeping with reality.. I was actually expecting there to be a kid as well. I was expecting a Kopino type situation as well but that be a big step for a daily to take. Surprised to see that storyline as it another one of them ostrich type topics in Korean society which slowly getting more traction.

So.... As more Korean women are choosing not get married, ain't nobody wanna slave to husbands whole family, they now look else for wives usually in South East Asian countries like Vietnam or the Philippines. The problem is Koreans have this idea of being superior to these other places. So in recent years you have this influx of foreign wifes some of whom  end up being treated like richard simmons and there's no escape as they view as less than in the first place. When add that plus patriarchy some of these ladies don't stand a chance sadly. The was a recent case made international Google Korean husband beating wife you see articles about the one this summer as well as those about the abuse of marriage migrants also look up kopino.Then there's the problem of their mixed kids some of whom will  end being bullied and stuff and carries a stigma. Then you also get bullied and some of these mixed kids get abandoned and for a country that's seriously worried about it's birth rate not enough is being done to deal with the situation. Anyhoos let's leave it there for now and just say it will be interesting to see where the writer takes this storyline. Il Nam should count his blessings to have someone like Trang. He has nothing to offer....yet think of how mum and all of the acted about that blind date...some progress but old habits die hard....

I was also surprised Trang is the wife. If it's for business, he must have married her so that he could legally establish a business in Vietnam. 

Either Mr. Bong or JH is a good candidate for our female lead's love interest. Mr. Bong is sincere and sympathetic. JH is gentle and patient. But ofc JH has the mind of a typical executive who wants to climb up the ladder and the shortcut is marrying up. It's much mor interesting to watch him tame his princess than pursue our lead. 

On 12/7/2019 at 6:42 AM, Bejaffled said:

@shamrockmom Yes! He's the worst. I was quite thrown by their conversation today. I had assumed a totally different relationship between them. 

I don't like II Nam too, because he was nasty with YW's dad when he set him a date with a divorcee with a kid. He left poor Trang :(  I mean, he is sitting idle, doing nothing. Actually, the sister's husband who is working in construction sites is much better than him, also I Nam who is delivering Pizza is cool, and the mother in law is my favourite now (although I worry about her later :D ) 

@dramaninja  we are having more viewers now :) :) 

Wow they did not drag this at at all very surprising he knows her husband is dead already.

Man that ending scene was heartbreaking but it was sweet because even though she no longer has her son, his heart somehow found its way back to her and he is teaching her as well.

I really am enjoyed this this fees really different more powerful with good acting.

II Nam cares about Trang, that is why he wants her to go away, he knows he is good for nothing jobless man, and he told himself that she won't have any good by being with him :( 

although I don't like his irresponsibility, but he seems to like Trang, he eats Vietnamese food, watches Vietnamese programs on TV, which means he really felt nostalgic 

Archived