[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

she was so shocked that gwang ju and was also on board with the divorce. here, she is so busy trying to save face that she doesn't even know how to talk to her own kid. she should have just told yuri. now it will be all traumatic.

am curious why he felt the need to marry jeon won. we are getting their story in bits and pieces.

The trouble is that we really do have a dumb heroine who can't understand anything beyond the tip of her own nose.  Everyone called Jin Bong dumb, but she fired back at those people in the production company very cleverly, and before that, even if she didn't think for herself right off the bat, she was smart enough to ask questions: what do I do, why aren't I good enough, tell me etc.  HJ doesn't do anything like this, she just weakly accepts and suffers.  When she does show some life, she is fine, but it's the exception to the rule of her life, not the actual rule.  So now, poor Yuri has to suffer a horrible shock with a stepmother who will hate her on sight, when she could have been prepared beforehand.  

In contrast, Daegu would never have let GJ suffer had GJ not decided on his own to give his mother a chance.  And I think he even feels guilty about not being a firmer parent and not saying no to that, but at least GJ is sure he doesn't want his mother now.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I can understand in part why HJ has not told her daughter. She does not want to ruin that last bit of fantasy the child has that her parents love one another and JS loves the child. The problem with this is YR is already aware of how immature her father is. She has mentioned it on more than one occasion and has hoped her father could grow up. Also she has since said to her uncle that she once thought of not marrying due to her grandfather and JS and living with her mom in her old age, but since she has been living with her grandmother and uncle her mind changed to find a man like her uncle when she grows up to marry. HJ has to understand her daughter is stronger than she thinks. I believe she will be surprised in the end by how well YR takes it. 

I believe YR will be hurt to learn that of the divorce, but I think she will be more hurt that JS never gave a care to her to call her and has since remarried. We are given two different perspectives from the eyes of the children in this drama. GJ is happy to get rid of his mean mom who has been tormenting him and does not want to see her after the divorce. He knows that YRan is a witch and evil so he no longer wants to deal with her. YR knows her father is immature and is barely there or has contact with her but she still had hope that her father would at least contact her on occasion.  I think we will see the regrets from YRan and JS later on. They will catch a scene of HJ, DG, GJ and YR being a little family of four seeing HJ and DG being the parents they never were but also seeing their kids love other people and call them "appa" and "umma" at that point they will want to come back and try to get their kids to notice them pushing in where they are not wanted. (I really hope DG and HJ made a custody agreement so that those two can't come in to try to take the kids later.)

My main concern is not to allow YRan and JS later to come back to try to take the kids or even create havoc that will hurt those children emotionally or mentally because the divorce is not finalized. Given what I found on the net. (here is another source is anyone is interested) I don't think I have to worry to much about them still being tied to people who are so awful and selfish. So with an uncontested divorce (both parties go the court house together to file) you have 1 month with no children or 3 months of the separation period I believe.  After that you both go back to the court house to provide additional paper work and things related to the kids if you have them and you are done free and clear by the end of the visit. Since we have two divorces that are uncontested both Yran and JS will be free in 3 mos I believe. More than enough time to free HJ and DG so that by the time both of them come sniffing around once again our leads are free and clear.

The above is what I am most glad about. The decision to divorce is always hard but the process once you decide to do it is fast to give the injured parties the freedom they deserve. We all know that JS will be turning back to HJ once she changes her look and gets successful. He will be tired of JR and her princess ways but also he will have gotten into trouble and will want to run away from it later and run to HJ. Also once he learns that HJ is seeing someone and sees DG being the father he never was to his daughter he will want to come back and try to disrupt that. 

As for JW.. She loves her husband (Or did before the affair) she is not willing to allow him to embarrass her but its whats going to happen because that assistant is going to out the affair. I bet she is very hurt by his betrayal then and now but there is an image to uphold as his wife and the reputation of the company as well. Also who wants everyone to know that your husband has strayed with another woman ? There is a bit of shame in that. People saying she could not hold her husband and what if her family found out? But JH in his stupidity did not value the wife he had and he will pay for it. All of his dirty laundry will come out. JW is hurt and keeping it silently inside her but his dirty laundry is going to make that hurt public and he will not be able to lift his head up. She told him to be discrete.  Its going to cause issues for the company that I believe will need JW to fix along with DG, HJ and CJ. Although I hope they divorce there is a huge chance they won't. I think JH will be made to face the mess he created but also to see his wife in a different light. I think he will be made to face his baggage from his father's cheating and learn a lesson. He may become a better man after it or at the very least someone that JW can truly feel connected to and have the marriage she wanted.

As much as I want JW with CJ I am not sure that is going to happen with the way we keep seeing Jbong running in his face. Now we are seeing  him thinking of her not being around. Part of this is feeling bad he had to be the "bad guy" to her and another is he has gotten use to her running around him. This is exactly what happen when JS harassed HJ and then she told him off that she only "pitied" him and then she looked for him every where when he didn't show up and then ended up sleeping with him and marrying him. (Let's hope this does not happen with CJ.) Although I think they will end up together but it will be after her change.

CJ's being the bad guy to Jbong at least worked her up to realize something. Since she wants to live a diligent life and finally realizes how hard HJ had it when she was there let her learn and grow. I can assume this is her growth to at least be the woman that CJ will be with later. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

CH-JW might be possible actually now that we see JH and YR are each other’s first love. Probably JH-JW will get a divorce after all, freeing each other to have different partner.... 

For CJ and JW, the coming episodes will be decisive if up to episode 80 at least there is nothing between them, well then there will never be anything between them ,    i cross my fingers but if his relationship with JB evolves, it will be too late and therefore for him and JB the obstacles will be the mother and the niece

• Like 7

I only peeked a little into today’s episode.

Jinsang does not fit to be a father at all. He let a crying Yuri ran out of the house without chasing after her. Yes he did try but easily held back by Juri. She is so immature. 

Yuri is so mature! We really no need to worry for her. After she finished crying, she actually asked her mother if she is okay. When Haejin said yes, Yuri said you’re lying. Haejin then explained that at first she wasn’t okay but now she is okay. At the end, Yuri even assured Haejin that she will not be sad because when she is not sad, then Haejin will not be sad too...

Okay, so it seems that JinBong is indeed on the road to transformation. There is interaction with Cheol Jin again towards the end of the episode, a decent one. But before that, in the middle of the episode, she ran into Haejin and she actually sincerely apologized to Haejin and teared up in front of her. Brace yourselves people, I think the pairing of CJ-JB is going to happen in the course of this drama. Seems like the father and daughter duo are going on the road of redemption. 

eta: as much as I hate the cheating couple, their couple hanbok  is lovely. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Once Jin Bong discovers who Cheol Jin is, she just might be the one to back off , since that scene with JB and HJ was very sincere with JB feeling so bad toward HJ.  You have to consider  HJ's poor mother and what she went through with that family.  Mom deserves a better choice than someone from the Lee family.  Family events would be awkward considering the new arrangements.

And several episodes ago when Cheol Jin was introduced to Jeong Won through his mother, that seemed unbelievable that he didn't know her.  That's the wife of his boss.  This is a media company that surely has award ceremonies, banquets, public relation events, etc. where Jeong Won would be with her husband.  Or at least it would seem.

• Like 10

Just watched with subs... LOL, at the end of the episode, Yuri waited for Cheol Jin and asked her samchoon if he got into a fight with her dad, who will win... is she asking her samchoon to beat up her father? LOL... I guess she did, because preview is Cheol Jin beating up Jin Sang, then he got drunk and ran into Jin Bong, even saying he didn’t want to go home that night :sweat: oh dear...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just watched with subs... LOL, at the end of the episode, Yuri waited for Cheol Jin and asked her samchoon if he got into a fight with her dad, who will win... is she asking her samchoon to beat up her father? LOL... I guess she did, because preview is Cheol Jin beating up Jin Sang, then he got drunk and ran into Jin Bong, even saying he didn’t want to go home that night :sweat: oh dear...

it's sad very sad,  :rage: I knew they would.

.  And now he is drunk and doesn’t want to go home. I’m guessing a hoteling they will go and she may even set him up but I actually kind of doubt it she seems to be little changing, her conversation with HJ seemed sincere, but she enjoyed it for years

.it seems to me that HJ was also drunk when she slept with. JS. but do not think JB will take advantage of the situation, but  i 'imagine that their relationship will evolve, maybe she will take him to the restaurant.
I do not see CJ becoming close to another girl after the next episode,   he apologized to JB and she refused it saying if he wouldn’t accept her heart she wouldn’t accept his apology. it is ultimately maybe JB who will be the first to know who is really CJ and will try to push him away,  

So looks like they will go there with this disgusting ship:grimace:. CJ's mother deserves better as daughter in law :cry:

POOR SHIPPER JW-CJ:joy:, on the other hand JW always seems as passive, and disguted by her husband,:rage: she will probably find herself alone at the end of the drama, when it is her who deserves to meet love and to have a sincere and faithful man, these writers are stupid

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Brace yourselves people, I think the pairing of CJ-JB is going to happen in the course of this drama.

It is said that, when Ford company started producing cars, Henry Ford told the customers, "You may choose any colour for your car, as long as it is black".

I am worried that, in this drama, the writer and/or director tell the viewers, "You may choose any girl for Cheol-Jin, as long as she is Jin-Bong".

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

11 hours ago, msmy said:

Once Jin Bong discovers who Cheol Jin is, she just might be the one to back off , since that scene with JB and HJ was very sincere with JB feeling so bad toward HJ.  You have to consider  HJ's poor mother and what she went through with that family.  Mom deserves a better choice than someone from the Lee family.  Family events would be awkward considering the new arrangements.

yea, I was surprised at how mature jin bong is towards the rejection. she clearly wasn't going to emotionally manipulate him into dating her just because he felt bad. at the same time, this romance (if it happens) looks like it will be a tortured one with no real happy ending. mom, hae jin as well as yuri are going to be very unhappy. the events have caused such a scar on them that they are not in a position to really forgive or welcome jin bong and dad back into the fold. as the real estate ajusshi told dad, 3 generations have been hurt. there is nothing jin sang's family can do to undo this hurt. hae jin's response to jin bong's apology was a cool "well you should have done this when we were family" and a polite professional (like in office) kind of shrug and goodbye. she wasn't moved by the apology but neither does she have any ill feeling towards jin bong. she just doesn't care.

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

yuri seems like she wants to be avenged. she is angry despite hae jin telling her that no matter, jin sang is still her father... am hoping that drunken cheol jin will talk about his sister and jin bong will connect the dots and realize it is hae jin. who knows? maybe this will be nipped in the bud. otherwise, we always have the fast forward button if this pairing happens.

@rolisrntex ~ any idea how local viewers feel about this pairing? do they have a different view than us international viewers?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@Lmangla  I like what you wrote about the emotional injury on the three women, therefore on the three generations, but I wonder if the writers do not prepare us for forgiveness? I mean HJ, her daughter and her mother adore CJ, so seeing him unhappy ans sad  for his love JB, they will probably find courage and strength to forgive, it seems to me that is why the writers want to continue with JB and CJ , in this kind of drama we often say to move forward and be free you have to know how to forgive

• Like 5

That's why Yu Ri is my mvp. My girl out here planning a hit :ph34r::D

JB will take CJ home and the dots will finally connect. That's what I'm putting out into the universe. Yu Ri is the only link HJ and her family should have with that lot. Don't care what road to self discovery and redemption JB is on they need to make sure she swerves by CJ.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

any idea how local viewers feel about this pairing? do they have a different view than us international viewers?

Well. I don't have any special insight how viewers in Korea feel about it. None of our remaining family members over there pay much attention to dramas and my wife has kind of slacked off a little on keeping up with entertainment news over there.

Personally, I hope the writer is building up the possibility of the pairing only to pull the rug out. Like others have said, "I don't see the Kang's signing off on it." JB might be genuinely sorry for how she treated HJ, but the wound is still deep. Like someone else said, "I'm loving the gangster Yu Ri taking out the hit on her dad." I love that little one.

• Like 7

Nonononono:rage::rage:, I just saw the episode, even without the subtitle I understood, I wanted to vomit, CJ and JB slept together, obviously she will get pregnant, anyway the damage is done, I can't believe they still don't know the link between their families, it's so shameful, I can't believe that the writers are serious, as I said in another post they surely do for forgiveness, and reunite the two families at the end of the drama,  I mean HJ, her daughter and her mother adore CJ, so seeing him unhappy ans sad  for his love JB, they will probably find courage and strength to forgive, it seems to me that is why the writers want to continue with JB and CJ  once again the poor mother:joy::grimace::cold_sweat:
The only good note of the episode, is HJ which will finally have a new look
it's time for JW to leave her husband, the bastard really believes he can hang his wife for a richard simmons, can't wait for her to leave him, she has to get active now, she's too passive

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

I'm going to hold on to the hope that nothing happened between Cheol Jin and Jin Bong even though they woke up together.  It just galls me that we have to go with this storyline once again.  This drama has to hold the record for promiscuous sex, so why not just give CJ's mother a heart attack if she finds out what her son has been up to?

@marrez1... agree with you about not knowing the link between families.  Let's see... they live in the same neighborhood,  Hae Jin lived with her in-laws, there was a child that surely had birthday parties, school events, piano recitals, etc. that brought them all together, but CJ is so dense that he doesn't know his sister's sister-in-law?  Wow... that's a stretch.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Awesome 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:27 AM, msmy said:

Let's see... they live in the same neighborhood,  Hae Jin lived with her in-laws, there was a child that surely had birthday parties, school events, piano recitals, etc. that brought them all together, but CJ is so dense that he doesn't know his sister's sister-in-law?  Wow... that's a stretch.

I agree with you. It is a stretch. However, let's look at the situation from another angle.

Hae-Jin worked hard to hide, as much as possible, bad treatments  from Jin-Sang's family. She did not reveal to her own family that Jin-Sang divorced her and married his mistress right away. If she was determined to hide this big bad thing , then she might also have hidden other bad things that happen to her during her marriage, e.g., (1) that they forced her to do all housework after working at the restaurant, while the in-laws sat lazily on their bums, (2) that they often forced her to give money, in addition to the income that they took from the restaurants.

Thus, she might deliberately have not invited her family to events in her ex-husband's house. For example, she might not have invited her to her child's events, to prevent her family from learning that Jin-Sang never attended them.

She might have done this out of shame, as her family opposed her marriage to Jin-Sang. However, she might also have done this out of kindness, to protect her ex in law's family from anger from her mother or brother.

This misguided kindness is a frequent feature of kind leads in these dramas. Although bad leads inflict bad things to kind leads, the kind leads often try to protect the nasty leads, and this lead to great damages to the kind leads themselves and people around them. When the kind leads finally try to correct their actions, it is often too late as the damages have occurred.

For example, Hae-Jin's action to hide the fact that Jin-Sang divorced her and married his mistress has taken three casualties: herself, her mother, and her child. Now another casualty is added: her brother might have to marry the bad SIL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 3

:bawling: it’s grieving time for me... I can’t believe the writer really go that way. Just how many pregnancy outside of marriage need to happen in this story? HJ-JS, DG-YR, and now possibly CJ-JB?? Even without her getting pregnant, CJ being the principled man he is, will still take responsibility of sleeping with JB by marrying her :bawling::bawling::bawling: Gosh, I am not too excited for HJ’s makeover now. Even though I was fist pumping that Jinsang got some punches and his father just sauntered off kinda approvingly when he knew it was Cheol Jin who hit him, I cannot be happy knowing the latest development in Cheol Jin’s fate :bawling: Today’s episode really ruined my mood. 

@msmy I’d like to think they didn’t sleep together, but with CJ’s flashback of kissing her, with them waking up naked, with JinBong denying anything happened and then tearing up by herself when he left, surely they had sex. CJ might not want to think much about it, but I think he cannot ignore it when JB get pregnant later on. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gosh, I am not too excited for HJ’s makeover now. Even though I was fist pumping that Jinsang got some punches and his father just sauntered off kinda approvingly when he knew it was Cheol Jin who hit him, I cannot be happy knowing the latest development in Cheol Jin’s fate. Today's episode really ruined my mood.

Hae-Jin's life starts to get better. However, as she hides bad things about her-ex in laws, her family may have to pay a heavy price: Cheol-Jin's marriage to Jin-Bong in on the horizon. Cycle-2 nightmare for her family (mother, daughter and Cheol-Jin himself) is about to start. Oh the kind lead ....

• Like 2
  • Sad 7