[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

@Lmangla @Ldy Gmerm  I was extra disgusted by both Jin Sang and his family today!  You can see he doesn't even study hard.  And getting her to pretend she is his noona at school?  Sorry but I went to grad school too, and there were plenty of young men in their early twenties who had children and who never, ever, called said their wives were anything but.  They were proud to say their wives were their wives and always talked about them. 

The daughter called out both dad and aunt today for being leeches and they had nothing to say to her.  However,  I don't think the daughter will live long, and it will probably be new girlfriend or Jin Sang's negligence.  You know how these shows go.  

One good thing about Jin Sang's bad studying and negligence, though, is that he will be a terrible lawyer.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

However,  I don't think the daughter will live long, and it will probably be new girlfriend or Jin Sang's negligence.  You know how these shows go.  

oh, that is something I didn't consider. figured since the writer was also shown having a son in the preview, the drama was about a blended family. that was my impression as I had no idea what they were saying in korean.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla @Ldy Gmerm  I was extra disgusted by both Jin Sang and his family today!  You can see he doesn't even study hard.  And getting her to pretend she is his noona at school?  Sorry but I went to grad school too, and there were plenty of young men in their early twenties who had children and who never, ever, called said their wives were anything but.  They were proud to say their wives were their wives and always talked about them. 

The daughter called out both dad and aunt today for being leeches and they had nothing to say to her.  However,  I don't think the daughter will live long, and it will probably be new girlfriend or Jin Sang's negligence.  You know how these shows go.  

One good thing about Jin Sang's bad studying and negligence, though, is that he will be a terrible lawyer.  

HJ is silly for even going along with pretending to be his sister. How could a man asks that of his wife? It should have been a red flag for her. She cried to her mom that no man would treat her as well as him but yet he treats her that way and wants to ignore the relationship of husband and wife instead turning into a sister?? This woman is really going to end up getting her eyes opened the wrong way. Her daughter is young but she is way smarter than her mom. If your child warns you not to live this way what does that say about your sense of judgement? HJ did not listen to her mother and even now she continues to lie to her mom or withhold how things have turned out 7 years later. 

Even in episode 4 we once again see the man she was destined for while she is hugging that foolish user in the park. 

In my last post I too mentioned how the daughter will be lost and I keep thinking it will be due to something one of those people did. I hate to say it but there should be no ties to this idiot once they divorce. That way he can never come back and no one can use the relationship of a child to pull her back. I feel sorry for her already because once she looses her daughter she will wake up and realize how much he used her. She did so much and it was for nothing because he did not keep one of his promises to her. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

However,  I don't think the daughter will live long, and it will probably be new girlfriend or Jin Sang's negligence.  You know how these shows go.  

What do you mean by will not live long? That she will die? These shows will kill off little girls? Sorry, my first time watching dailies and I thought dailies are family dramas and no one dies, well unless they’re the super kind parents. Yeah, weekend dramas usually will have the kind parents die. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

20 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

HJ did not listen to her mother and even now she continues to lie to her mom or withhold how things have turned out 7 years later. 

hae jin wants to avoid hearing "I told you so!" -- it is quite clear that mom still dislikes jin sang and so giving her info on how bad things are will only get mom even more exasperated. hae jin has really disappointed mom and her brother with her decision to marry jin sang. the synopsis says that she doesn't want to divorce -- my guess is that she doesn't want to admit failure and so moves into the writer's building. in the preview, it looked like the writer and her were neighbours?

22 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I was happy when she rejected him but she is her own worst enemy as she let sympathy for him push her into dating him out of pity.

she really is her own enemy isn't she? what was striking about her initial rejection was how clear headed she was about what she wanted in a partner and from her life. jin sang very clearly didn't make the list...

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What do you mean by will not live long? That she will die? These shows will kill off little girls? Sorry, my first time watching dailies and I thought dailies are family dramas and no one dies, well unless they’re the super kind parents. Yeah, weekend dramas usually will have the kind parents die. 

:lol: what kind of dramas have you been watching? LOL... in the dramas I have watched, usually someone fakes a death and comes back X years later to get revenge. :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

34 minutes ago, Lmangla said:
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: what kind of dramas have you been watching?

:sweat_smile: you mean the dying super kind parents? A lot of weekend family dramas are like that - My Golden Life, All About My Mum, to name a few... and then the evil parents just have long life to continue torturing the main characters :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:sweat_smile: you mean the dying super kind parents? A lot of weekend family dramas are like that - My Golden Life, All About My Mum, to name a few... and then the evil parents just have long life to continue torturing the main characters :lol:

... ah I didn't watch those... :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Lmangla said:

hae jin wants to avoid hearing "I told you so!"

Exactly, she has realized her mistake and I bet she can not face her mom or her brother who tried to tell her and stop her.  

On 11/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Lmangla said:

she really is her own enemy isn't she? what was striking about her initial rejection was how clear headed she was about what she wanted in a partner and from her life. jin sang very clearly didn't make the list...

HJ knew what he was like but for some reason she took what happened between them in the hotel (you can't tell me that the scum did not plan that considering she was telling him it was getting late and afterwards he made sure to say they slept together to anyone who would listen.) took the pity she felt for him and listened to his lies about how he would treat her well and take care of her and thought it was love. She did not love him it was embarrassment for sleeping with him before marriage. I think she would have dated him for a bit and then let him go hoping he let go of his crush. Sex did not mean love but she got caught up in his fake sincerity and she hurt herself. If she had stuck to her guns and not let him trick her into dating and listening to his fake sob stories the man she should have married would have given her the life she wanted.  Instead she ignored the man fate kept throwing at her and went with this looser who is a user. Now she can only blame herself and I think she does on the inside. He does not come home, he tells everyone she is his sister and she slaves for his family. Her own kid has told her to wake up and not live that way that she is being used. HJ is not stupid she sees it but she does not want to let go because it would mean everyone was right about him and she did not listen. 

On 11/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I don't think we are sure she will die but its a good possibility she could or be seriously injured or missing/lost And it will be due to her hubby, his mistress or his family members as none of them are responsible adults. With HJ's character she would not divorce him unless something truly bad happens to that kid. Even if he treats her badly (as he is now) she would not leave. Only something happening to her daughter will make her change and stalk them with a knife and divorce. 

There have been quite a few daily drama's were the babies end up dying, lost and missing and ill for a bit of time.

Spoiler

One such SBS drama where the child ended up dying is "Enchanting Neighbor" which had the lead male of this drama as the lead male in it. In that one his wife cheats with a fellow actor she works with and they have her daughter in the car. Because they are flirting in the car they do not pay attention and swerve into the other lane of a on coming truck. They guy is not hurt that bad , the mans wife is hurt a bit and his daughter ends up dying. His father in law does not tell him the truth of what his daughter was doing in that car with another man. Later he ends up finding out that his daughter died while she was in the car with the man cheating on him.   He is livid and wants revenge and a divorce from his wife. 

"The promise" A KBS drama the child ended up dying after being taken from her mother by her ex. The stepmother and stepgrandmother were to blame in the child falling down the stairs and laying there for a bit. Then the stepmom said something to the kid in the hospital about her mother dying perhaps in order for the kid to relapse and die.  Lee Yoo Ri was the lead in that one. The birth secret in that was she had a twin sister who she did not know about as the sister was sick at birth and her mother put her up for adoption in hopes of her getting the care she needs. The twin was adopted by a wealthy family and comes face to face with the woman who has the same face. The twin being a reporter decides to get DNA and test it and finds out the woman is her sister. When she learns that the twin was locked into a mental hospital by her former in laws and the ex's new wife she does to try to rescue her and the twin sister dies trying to save her and she takes the twin sisters place to get revenge for her sisters death and the death of her daughter. (someone correct me if I am wrong.)

So it happens in the daily drama's for sure. Of course there are the birth secrets as well.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Ldy Gmerm ~ the description of enchanting neighbor sounds interesting. looked it up and but not finding it anywhere. guess, it was one of those that wasn't subbed?

Spoiler

Unfortunately this SBS drama that was in this same time slot (a few years ago) was never subbed. It was available on the SBS VOD site if you can access it from where you are. but it will not contain subs. Not sure if ondemand has it or not. 

I thought it was a very good SBS drama and it was just too bad that subs were never available.  The Korean name for this was 황홀한 이웃 and I did a thread for it back in 2015 on soompi. It also went by Fabulous Neighbor / Wonderful Neighbors.

Seo Do Young  who played the lead in that drama and this one as well. Decided to get revenge on his wife and her lover and the man's wife who was totally clueless to what her husband did. Later she finds out he was in the car that caused the  man's kid to die cheating on her Seo Do Young's Character decided to  move in across the hall from the man and his family to get revenge but he realize how mistreated the wife was and became friends with her after seeing her gentle and caring nature and she even saved him from killing himself after remembering how his daughter died. Eventually they grow to like one another but the ex wife is a clinging mess and is spiteful as well. It is an enjoyable ride even if you are unable to find it subbed. 

I do have to say that I am disappointed with HJ currently. I know a lot of her enduring is due to pride and the stigma of being divorced but also not been seen as a failure or proving her mother and brother were correct and having to face she made the wrong choices concerning that immature boy. Unfortunately her holding on will cause nothing but pain for herself and harm to her daughter. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

no one is responsible for hae jin's situation except herself -- so it is hard to feel sorry for her but she is aware that things are not very rosy. jin sang says that admitting he is married and has a kid will lead to bad grades and his professors will mistreat him. she rolls her eyes at that but then he puts her down by stating she has not been to college and how will she know. this seems to be a pattern with jin sang and his dad. they are both fleecing her and when she asks questions, their tactic is to belittle her and she goes back to her mousy self. dad decries her cooking and sees her taking classes as a waste.

she asks jin sang to come to her father's memorial but he insists that he has to study for an exam. even though she counters that he attending the memorial is not going to make him fail, he seems least bit interested. he doesn't even have much respect for hae jin or her family. it turns out that the 'seminar' he has to attend is the name of a club and the 'professor' is the owner/bartender there. there he meets ju ri who will he have an affair with.

on the outside, she looks like a typical second lead who is partying and maybe brash and bossy. however, it looks like she too has some sob story. turns out it was her dad's birthday the day before -- how does he end up with women whose dads have significant dates next to each other. her mom has remarried 4 times already and the last marriage was on the dad's birthday or death anniversary. ju ri is suitably upset about this and gets drunk. he has to take her home and she asks if they can spend the night together. so it looks like wild girl is a bit of a complex role?

meanwhile hae jin is slaving away at the restaurant. it is interesting that while jin sang and his family don't appreciate her food at all and even belittle her cooking, her customers, jin sang's friends and everyone loves her food. she is the one running the restaurant and really the head. on realizing that he is not coming to her father's memorial, hae jin steels herself, puts on a cheery face and goes home. she lies that she insisted that jin sang stay back to study but her mom just rolls her eyes as she knows that hae jin is lying to save face. actually everyone knows that hae jin is not being treated well and this is a strange situation. her brother tells hae jin to not let herself be used by the family and asks why she still walks around egg shells around them when they have been married for 7 years. her mom is kind of annoyed and wonders what jin sang is up to all by himself in university while leaving hae jin to take care of everything at home. hae jin is still holding on to the memory of how he pursued her and feels that for all his faults, the one thing he will not do is cheat on her. oh, she is going to be so disappointed.

the bright spot in the episode was we got to see a little bit more of the writer. he is working on a new screenplay. seems like his last 2 dramas were not successful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Lmangla Thank you for the recap!  I agree, can't feel sorry for HJ when she is letting herself be used like this.  It's not even like Jin Sang is also being nice to her in some way that is making up for it, or also working hard and being supportive in other ways, even if he has some bad habits.  None of that. He and his father are awful in all ways.  HJ's mother was right to run from JS's dad when she first met him.  And she should have told HJ to be a single mother.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

no one is responsible for hae jin's situation except herself -- so it is hard to feel sorry for her but she is aware that things are not very rosy.

Given the fact that she wasn't really head over heels for him in the first place is better I think. Hard to understand what her motivation would be to stay married to the fickle dude other than not being told. " I told you so." like someone mentioned.

I have the feeling she will move on at some point and his cute (not so much IMO) little play thing is just as fickle as he is and will dump him later. Still early at this point but the story seems to be moving pretty quickly which makes me wonder what is coming down the road.

• Like 3

@tulip06 @rolisrntex ~ what I like about the drama is that it is looking at the fallout of a noona romance instead of the romantic one. generally, the 16 ep dramas that have noona romances will basically cover wanna taste ep 1 & 2 through the entire run and end up with "they lived happily ever after". here, you are looking at how an age gap can impact a relationship further down the road. jin sang seems to be embarrassed and resent the fact that she is older than him. even though the age gap is only 6 years, here, it feels further apart because they are at different stages in life and their mental and emotional maturity is very different. jin sang is still trying to figure out what he wants from life and is more comfortable hanging out with others in his age group. he wants to go out and party and do typical student activities. married to hae jin is a constant reminder that he can't be in that world and has to join this grown up world with responsibilities and job which he isn't quite ready for. and the lack of romantic connect basically means he now literally sees her as a kind of elder sister he has been dumped with. based on hae jin's reaction, she seems to know what is going on but doesn't want to tip the pot over. she doesn't even seem that hurt by it and has accepted it with a kind of "have to push through" attitude.

maybe today's episode will give us what she is thinking. so far, it looks like hae jin has a bit of a self esteem problem. she was so flattered by jin sang's initial interest and puppy dog routine and she is still holding on to that memory. that seems to be one bright spot in her life and she is pegging her life and pushing on based on that memory. was wondering why she is allowing herself to be used but if she stands up for herself and pushes jin sang or his father to be responsible, she will be dumped. she knows her only value to this family is taking care of the economic responsibilities. like her brother said, she walks on egg shells around them because there is no emotional connect. my guess is that once jin sang ruins this memory for her, she will have no reason to stay and will start looking at her life for herself.

but yea, it is moving fast and interesting to see the disastrous side of a noona romance. if she hadn't gotten pregnant, they would have naturally broken up because they have nothing in common and were never in the same head space.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I can't think of any other kdrama family that grate on my nerves as much as the whole family of Jin Sang... Usually among the bad eggs, there is one or two good eggs, but for this family, it's the whole package. Good thing the little girl doesn't seem to take after those horrible genes. Can't wait for Hae Jin to rid of the family, but I know it's not gonna be soon, sigh... Hae Jin is the classic Candy doormat character.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can't think of any other kdrama family that grate on my nerves as much as the whole family of Jin Sang... Usually among the bad eggs, there is one or two good eggs, but for this family, it's the whole package. Good thing the little girl doesn't seem to take after those horrible genes. Can't wait for Hae Jin to rid of the family, but I know it's not gonna be soon, sigh... Hae Jin is the classic Candy doormat character.

well, she can toss out the entire family without any regrets. hahahah.... but I was expecting her to have some whiny mother or fleecing brother which is usually what happens in dramas. hahahah... instead, we have a responsible mother and brother who are not afraid to call it as it is.

something that struck me is that hae jin might have miscalculated the impact of loss. so in her case, the loss of her father at a young age meant that both hae jin as well as her brother cheo jin grew up to be responsible as well as kind. rather than feel sorry for themselves or resent their mother, they helped out in the house. in jin sang and his family, the loss of the mother leads to them becoming self-centered, self-pity kind of scenario. because of the loss, she was looking for someone who would give her some love and affection whereas he was basically looking for a mother figure instead of a romantic partner. so different expectations.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if she hadn't gotten pregnant, they would have naturally broken up because they have nothing in common and were never in the same head space.

Thought popped into my head as I read this sentence. Could this be another cultural norm the writer is attempting to explore? The whole "if she gets pregnant, you must get married" thing? It seems this sentiment has caused Have Jin and her daughter more harm than good.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@rolisrntex ~ that is possible. if anything, hae jin's story is a cautionary tale if people are listening. her father-in-law seems to think that hae jin took advantage of his son which sounds ridiculous. but then again, she is older than him and I guess the thinking is "what was she thinking?" -- even though she would like to say something, she basically has to hold her tongue. the fun bit in today's episode was when mom really bullied jin sang's dad. it seems mom is considered quite a beauty even now and so the dad's friends were all trying to make an impression. just hope that post divorce, we won't have a silly story line when the dad pursues the mom. it would be too much if the mom loses her sense. was anyone else surprised that jin sang didn't take advantage of ju ri? am wondering if the divorce will be wrapped by this week or the next at the speed that this is going....

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

was anyone else surprised that jin sang didn't take advantage of ju ri? am wondering if the divorce will be wrapped by this week or the next at the speed that this is going

I wasn’t surprised actually because besides being a loser, Jin Sang doesn’t seem to be a player. I think he did feel enormous love for Hae Jin in the past, he was sincere with her, albeit in a naive immature way. However, as he was exposed more to what life has to offer and as he explored more, he dreaded the marriage that is tying him down. 

Ju Ri is making him do stuff he hasn’t ever think before though, like finding out ways to cook the hangover soup as demanded by her. Of course it is easier to just buy one. Also the buying a cake. The effort he put in for a stranger <_<

I doubt divorce will happen soon. One major factor is Hae Jin herself would probably not even think about divorce, but comes up with other rationalization instead that she must keep the marriage going. Jin Sang also would probably not want to divorce but being pestered by Ju Ri (who I believe will never find out his marital status until much much later) he would be swayed and will be back and forth between the two woman, for many episodes to come. 

I am now curious to see the relationship dynamics between Jin Sang and his daughter. Is he doting at all towards her? Is she close/respectful to him? I imagine he would be a doting father 7 years ago.... hmm

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1