[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

@dramaninja @rolisrntex ~ in a weird way, am glad that there is cheating because it means we get rid of this horrible guy for a nicer fella for hae jin. imagine a lifetime of such petty stupid behaviour. am looking forward to her dumping him. it is interesting that rather than a melo, it is going for a comic vibe.

@whome @tas82 ~ jin sang is obnoxious that you have to wonder why hae jin has such a soft corner for him. he is so annoying that no one misses him when he is not there. instead of saying "welcome back", everyone is wondering how he finished already. it already lays out the groundwork for why he would get into an affair as he is going to be flattered that someone is finally running after him.

was wondering how a character can be clueless? he must have brains right? he must know that his friend and mom don't want him there eating their dinner. they literally look at him like a food thief and the mom is very obvious in her disdain. yet, he keeps gobbling up their food. hae jin keeps mentioning that she feels bad because he didn't have a mother and therefore, welcomes this unwelcome leech into their home. guess, a case of being too nice and kind? so she wont' be able stay away from his 'love'? but from the preview, it looks like the blind date guy she was supposed to meet ends up meeting her years later. and we are actually having so much cooking and food! so after she gets cheated on and dumped, she will turn her life around as a master chef? some sort of successful restaurateur? .

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

from the preview, it looks like the blind date guy she was supposed to meet ends up meeting her years later. and we are actually having so much cooking and food! so after she gets cheated on and dumped, she will turn her life around as a master chef? some sort of successful restaurateur? .

I am liking the comic vibe too...! Let’s hope I can persevere for 120 episodes :lol:

I think she only found out about the cheating in 2019? (From opening scene of ep.1) So she has become a successful cook sometime during these past 7 years... What we’re seeing are things happening before she wore the black hooded coat. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am liking the comic vibe too...! Let’s hope I can persevere for 120 episodes :lol:

I think she only found out about the cheating in 2019? (From opening scene of ep.1) So she has become a successful cook sometime during these past 7 years... What we’re seeing are things happening before she wore the black hooded coat. 

kekeke.. I don't think I can survive if he gets dumped only halfway through. :sweatingbullets: in the first episode itself, I wanted to slap this character! but it is fun to see someone who takes so much joy in cooking. perhaps thats the appeal of jin sang. someone who likes her food?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. I don't think I can survive if he gets dumped only halfway through. :sweatingbullets: in the first episode itself, I wanted to slap this character! but it is fun to see someone who takes so much joy in cooking. perhaps thats the appeal of jin sang. someone who likes her food?

I am more curious in how did the mother and brother allow the marriage to happen :lol:

but I like that she is finally meeting the guy she was supposed to meet many years ago on the blind date. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am more curious in how did the mother and brother allow the marriage to happen :lol:

but I like that she is finally meeting the guy she was supposed to meet many years ago on the blind date. 

likely mother and brother had no choice -- she probably got pregnant....

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

That's Korean dramas for you: joy in cooking or joy in fashion.  Sometimes the law.  Hardly ever is anyone shown with a joy in finance (they showed it in A Place In The Sun and one Jang Hyuk drama, but that was rare) and God forbid they show an interest in engineering or science.

I think Jin Sang thinks he likes her, but really just sees a place he can have a nice home, or a way to get someone to make a nice home for him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is interesting that rather than a melo, it is going for a comic vibe

Yep this looks like it is more of a romantic comedy than a dark Melo. I'm sure some villains will emerge though. I kind of like the change of pace over the last few SBS dailies being Melos.

I'm curious as to what causes Hae Jin to marry this bum. She's not crazy about him and it doesn't seem she even cares about him in an emotional way. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

I'm curious as to what causes Hae Jin to marry this bum. She's not crazy about him and it doesn't seem she even cares about him in an emotional way. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

she rejected him so nicely in ep 2; basically told him she was nice to him out of pity and he is her brother's friend. she never thought of him as a man and her heart doesn't flutter at all, he needs to grow up... but then the preview is so disappointing where she feels so sorry for him that she agrees to date him. umm, him being heartbroken is not a reason to be moved! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

On 11/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, whome said:

Gotta be honest, not liking the male lead right now. He's horrible. How in the world did the female lead end up marrying him?!!! From the trailers, looks like the male lead will end up cheating on his wife. I do hope the second lead (the one with a daughter) ends up with the female lead. I've seen that actor in other daily dramas. He needs to be in one which he gets the girl finally.

But I thought that the young husband was the second male lead, and the other man with  a child  the male lead???  lol, I'm surprised I do not see how she will end with the young man  again unless he changes, well  there  are  100 episodes

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

But I thought that the young husband was the second male lead, and the other man with  a child  the male lead???  lol, I'm surprised I do not see how she will end with the young man  again unless he changes, well  there  are  100 episodes

I am so hoping that the young husband is the 2nd male lead. The original synopsis when this "story" was supposed to air a few years ago had the young husband & older wife being together to get through their family problems (no cheating hinted). They may have tweaked the story around to have the young husband not the lead (I am so hoping this is the case).

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

she rejected him so nicely in ep 2; basically told him she was nice to him out of pity and he is her brother's friend. she never thought of him as a man and her heart doesn't flutter at all, he needs to grow up... but then the preview is so disappointing where she feels so sorry for him that she agrees to date him. umm, him being heartbroken is not a reason to be moved! :sweatingbullets:

I am disappointed too. But I know women like this too. They get easily manipulated because they have soft hearts. And it’s not even that JS means to manipulate her at first, just that she’s the type who is easily moved. How else would she have allowed him to take advantage of them for so many years?

• Like 7

I think I will skip today's episode and catch up on Extra-ordinary You instead.  I don't feel like watching our heroine be an idiot.  To be honest, I think I will feel, like I did in Happy sisters, that, to an extent, she will deserve whatever crap she gets her way because she is being dumb and overly sweet to users.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I think I will skip today's episode and catch up on Extra-ordinary You instead.  I don't feel like watching our heroine be an idiot.  To be honest, I think I will feel, like I did in Happy sisters, that, to an extent, she will deserve whatever crap she gets her way because she is being dumb and overly sweet to users.

that's true; you want to whack these characters on the head for being that nice. hard to feel sorry for them sometimes. the good thing is that this section of the female lead's life is passing very quickly. rather than 20+ episodes, we are going to see her dumped rather quick it seems.

in some ways, hae jin knew that jin sang can be flaky as she told her mom in yesterday's episode that jin sang will get over her after a while. however, hae jin agrees to date him mainly out of pity. for their first date, they go out to a nearby sea town. jin sang gets emotional as his mom's ashes were put in the sea and it is his first trip there. makes me think hae jin might have been a kind of pseudo mom to him. hae jin and him have a few drinks where she passes out. they end up spending the night together. next morning, hae jin is very uncomfortable and not at all glowing. jin sang is moving at lightning speed and proposes they get married. she tells him that she never even thought about marrying him yet. as usual, he just has to do something small and her heart melts. he cooks for her and she is very touched as she has been cooking since she was 12 after her father died. so she says yes to his proposal.

the preview shows the 2 families initially opposing the marriage. fast forward to an unhappy hae jin and jin sang. he is in university wondering why he got married at all.

• Like 5

On 11/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, whome said:

I am so hoping that the young husband is the 2nd male lead. The original synopsis when this "story" was supposed to air a few years ago had the young husband & older wife being together to get through their family problems (no cheating hinted). They may have tweaked the story around to have the young husband not the lead (I am so hoping this is the case).

I definitely think that the young husband here is the second male lead I saw the presentation of the drama in front of the press on youtube, the actor playing the husband did not pass after the female lead but it is the other actor.  After that maybe the story pretty much stays the same and the young husband and the female lead will stay together at the end,   it's hard to say now

• Like 2

her mom and brother were really really upset at even the idea of her marrying jin sang. hae jin knows on some level it is a mistake because she doesn't even tell who it is till the two families meet. her mom's reading -- hae jin has been starving for love and affection since her father died and so is latching on to the first guy who shows attention. the mom's reading explained to me why hae jin would choose to marry jin sang. so fast forward 7 years later, the situation is very different. perhaps the shine of the conquest has worn off or maybe he was just immature or they no longer have anything in common? what do chingus think happened? whatever it is, he is not in love with hae jin. 

jin sang's sister tells the daughter that cinderella and prince do not live happily ever after. jin sang basically has been staying in university for months at a time and using his studies as an excuse. even the daughter can tell hae jin is being fleeced and tells her that not to live like that as no one will recognize her hard work. it looks like the entire family of jin sang is basically useless and smooching off hae jin. it is hard to tell what she gets out of it.

the preview was absurd - basically jin sang has been telling his friends that hae jin is his older sister. why on earth would hae jin not say anything? @tulip06 ~ am thinking like you; the girl deserves this on some level. she needs a wake up call to discover herself. @whome @marrez1 ~ think they changed the story completely. the writer guy definitely looks like the male lead. jin sang will eventually discover hae jin's worth but at that time, she will have none of it.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

From the first episode you could tell that his entire family are leeches and mooches. I was very disappointed in her falling into his trap by drinking too much and sleeping with him. I was happy when she rejected him but she is her own worst enemy as she let sympathy for him push her into dating him out of pity. I felt this guy was using this to get what he wanted. His sob story was  a ploy and I some how feel later when he betrays her and wants to divorce he will say the same words to her about pitying her that she once said to him. He is a user and unfortunately she will get to see the real him later and not this immature "poor me" soul she has fixed her mind because he has no mom.

Many times we are shown the man she is fated to be with (her mom dreamed of the right man for her, she missed her blind date with the same man and later sat next to him on the bench at the bus stop. Even going as far as to mail his package back to him that he left. ) and because of this immature , selfish boy she missed out on the lead guy who is the prefect guy for her.  Of course later they will interact again because they are fated but it will be a bumpy road before and after what this young man does to her. 

I blame her for sure because a. she fell in with his "poor me" act not listening to her brother nor her mother about the true character of the guy. She put herself into a position to end up pregnant and have to marry this childish man. b. she marries him and slaves in the house for his family while she works herself to death to put him through school and he does not come home and lies to everyone that she is his sister. The heartache and betrayal she is heading for is part of her own making. Will their child end up hurt, missing are seriously harmed /dead due to something either the sister/father in law does or something her husband and his mistress does? Or will the child be ill and he is not anywhere to be found and something happens to push her to the point we saw in the first few mins of the first episode where she is sharping a knife and then follows them to the hotel? 

I think the one thing I am waiting for is when reality wakes her up and she kicks him off to start again. From my view once she is distanced from that family and her creepy father in law who is so pervish about her mom (I am sure he was the same way as his son when he was young and that is why her mother prolly ran away to get away from him back then.) I bet everything she helped them to do will end up falling apart including that career as a lawyer she helped him get. There is no way rich girl will ever treat him or his family the way his ex wife did. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2