[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

I was so busy since weekend that I didn’t have time to watch this until now. Only a few minutes into Monday’s episode, I had to come here first to rant:

So disappointed that the slap is all in Jeong Won’s imagination only... sigh, I got excited for nothing... Making a personal note that whatever preview scenes involving JW should never be taken seriously from now on. Remember the last time she imagined catching the two kissing inside his office. 

Okay, back to catching up two episodes. 

ETA: 

Gosh, at beginning of ep.51, I feel like kicking Jinsang face so much when he was ensuring that Haejin will really divorce him. Anyway, had to sneer at Juri’s claim that suffering is over and happiness is starting... she has no idea what she is getting herself into. But anyway, hooray to the first divorce! 

@Lmangla I also think it’s Daegu who came looking for Haejin. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

I felt sorry for HJ for the fact that she has now realized what a total fool she was to waste 7 years of her life on SJ who did not deserve her.  HJ has slowly come to terms with the fact that she needs to free herself. I think going out and working is her way to finally process the last of those feelings and let go. 

So very funny how he could not wait to be free and kept asking her if she would change her mind. Then JR shows up and dares to want to shake hands with HJ... what a foolish idiot of a girl. She cheats and ruins a marriage and expects the wife to shake her hand! The nerve. I can't wait to see how she ends up after being with SJ.

What upsets me is they want to drag her back in order to have her continue to look after them and that shop. They should let her go as SJ is not a prize. He is very selfish and will not want to do anything for them. Once they find out that JR comes from a  rich family they will let this idea go.  I can't wait to see what happens next. 

• Like 9

I enjoyed this episode as most of these characters behaved with sense. loved that cheol jin wasn't going to hand over gwang ju to anyone. he could see the kid was depressed and is afraid of his mom. even when junhu says he knows the kid's parents, cheol jin just whipped out his phone and asked gwang ju to make a call to his dad. this forces junhu to get dae gu involved. without cheol jin, wonder if junhu would have just taken him to yuran who would have yelled at him more. so it is only after confirming that gwang ju was comfortable to go with junhu, he steps back.

liked that dae gu did not allow junhu off the hook just because of their friendship. dae gu makes it very clear that gwang ju is his responsibility and junhu should have informed him. it was also good to see dae gu make a decision and is very firm with yuran. whether it is going to be mutual or contested divorce, dae gu has no intention of backing down. what do chingus think? will yuran contest the divorce? loved that he isn't waffling on this decision and is very firm unlike hae jin who is still quite a bit all over the place. however, despite her highs and lows, even she had the sense to turn down the father and not believe his words. @Ldy Gmerm ~ really thought she would buckle and waver.  it was surprising that she didn't even sit long enough for the father to convince her and instead ran off.

really enjoyed the restaurant lady's small role. we get a glimpse into that lady's life and we can understand why she quickly gave hae jin a job and a place to stay. she too had gone through some troubles and so without asking or probing, she was willing to offer help. she was so gentle and matter of fact about her history. was that why hae jin felt so comfortable sharing what's going on? it is interesting that hae jin has told strangers but not her own mother and brother. why not? and despite the bad advice, loved that restaurant lady recognized it and spoke to hae jin about it. in a way, it is understandable. sometimes, in our need to comfort someone, we tell them it will be okay even when we know it won't be. but even that bit reveals a little more about hae jin. even though she knows it is hopeless, a small tiny part of her still hopes this isn't the end. maybe thats why she is at the restaurant instead of her mom's place? am starting to see what @msmy meant by how this writer is actually doing some interesting deep writing in very ordinary story. 

@tulip06 ~ am still not sure why hae jin would opt to run away but what I liked about this brief cameo by this restaurant lady is how it shows that help sometimes comes from random strangers even when we least expect it. normally in dramaland, it is always the lead who will fly in to the rescue. here, it is a restaurant lady who is a cameo for a few episodes and then will disappear. with gwang ju, it was cheol jin. yes, we know that he will eventually become the uncle for this kid but at this point is just a neighbour uncle who he knows. it makes a nice change from romance dramas where the leads or second leads miraculously show up to save the day. weekend and daily dramas show how random people can pop up to help you at unexpected times. isn't that nice? being all sentimental today! hahahaha...

but in terms of senseless, how can juri and jinsang get married when he's not yet divorced? do they just intend to have a ceremony just to fleece her mom? isn't that illegal?

P.S ~ anyone know whether this drama will be affected by lunar new year?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla I guess JS and JR can have the ceremony but they can't register the marriage yet. 

Neither of them are thinking at all about his daughter, are they?  I remember in Heaven's Promise, the cheater's daughter was an issue, and the mistress wanted the legal custody so they would never have to deal with the heroine again.  In this case, he has forgotten his daughter completely.  

I am curious if JH will stop YR and DG's divorce.  

I googled and the chinese new year is on Saturday, so maybe we will lose Friday at most. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla agree with everything you’ve written above. Cheol Jin is just such a great person. He also did not want to disclose to Daegu how closely they’re related than he might have thought so as not to affect his writing. 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is interesting that hae jin has told strangers but not her own mother and brother.

Usually it is easier to share with strangers because of the “distance”, while sharing with someone close might have some “after effects”.

I wonder too how a marriage can happen before divorce is finalized but I guess what @tulip06 said makes sense. Just ceremony first then register later. 

Anybody caught that being a law student, Jinsang is not even aware of the waiting time after application divorce is submitted? Pffftttt 

Don’t think we’ll lose Friday episode too since it is airing in the early morning. Things only got busy towards the evening usually. But I don’t know how it is in Korea. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Today’s episode got me worried a bit because Cheol Jin caught hold of a falling Jin Bong when she almost got hit by a scooter. She of course is all smitten by his heroic act, although he sternly asked her to stand on her own feet if she is alright. However, there is still hope for Cheol Jin and Jeong Won because in this same episode, we get to see their first meeting at home when she came craving for mom’s noodles again. Mom of course is all praises about Cheol Jin, I’d say a good first encounter. 

Dae Gu clearly is couldn’t get his mind off Hae Jin anymore but he probably doesn’t realize it yet. Even the restaurant ahjumma thinks they’re a couple :lol: The ending got me cracking up. Little Guang Ju worked his charm again on Hae Jin. Dae Gu already knows what her weakness is and how to get to her... Sneaky, LOL!

• Like 6

That's what I said for Cheol Jin and Jin Bong: the hero and the clumsy girl, she is already clearly in love with him, on the other hand I think he starts to bother a little about her, I not sure how it will turn out, but I imagine that the niece will be a decisive part of this story; so there is a chance that JB can change and repent, maybe she will bring the touch of madness in the life of CJ:joy:
For a possible relationship between CJ and JW, I think JW is so focused on her foolish husband, maybe she won't divorce now, we're already on episode 53, it may be a good thing, in the sense that CJ already knows Junho and his proximity to Juran, and the fact that they are dating, he has already witnessed their closeness several times, when he knows about their divorce, he will know that it is the fault of the husband
I hope the judge will give HJ a divorce, and that she will tell her family the truth, it’s hard for her,

• Like 6

@ktcjdrama ~ the episode got me worried as well as hopeful. kekekek.. I am hoping the drama will be like the previous one. we were really worried that we were going to get a trouble where one of the characters was as annoying as jin bong. instead, it just ended up being a silly crush where the guy turned her down and told her basically to grow up. she also gave up. so who knows! maybe we will just have a one-sided crush and the writer will show that karma can be painful. what I don't get is how jin bong does not recognize cheol jin. he doesn't recognize her because she got so much plastic surgery but what about her? tells you how self-absorbed that family is. I really can't see them together but if it happens, well, we have the fast forward button!

now that it looks like hae jin will be working as his housekeeper, am wondering how she will react to yuran and realizing the so-called husband she saw was an affair. plus, can just see yuran turning it around and accusing dae gu and hae jin of having an affair. from the preview, it looks like junho is trying to prevent the divorce. ugh. hope he doesn't succeed. how much longer till these two get divorced? but hey, we had the first shipper -- the restaurant lady! :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, marrez1 said:

there is a chance that JB can change and repent, 

Actually in this episode I saw glimpses of her concern for Yu-ri. She said she missed her and even knows her piano lesson schedule! I am surprised. And with her knowing she can get good stuff from Juri, she is actually still quite indifferent to it and still hoping Jinsang will get Hae Jin back, although maybe for the wrong reason, ie.source of allowance. The one I am most surprised is the father’s reaction. He actually cares enough about Hae Jin’s well-being despite what we’ve seen so far of him taking her for granted and ordering her around. I appreciate that he had scolded, hit and punched Jinsang a few times now on our behalf, LOL

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I am hoping the drama will be like the previous one. we were really worried that we were going to get a trouble where one of the characters was as annoying as jin bong. instead, it just ended up being a silly crush where the guy turned her down and told her basically to grow up. she also gave up. so who knows!

Oh please please let it be so... 

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

can just see yuran turning it around and accusing dae gu and hae jin of having an affair.

Can totally see this happening too... for her, this kind of evil is a piece of cake. 

• Like 5

I'm joining in late:). I was just following the posts here and now I'm watching it after she decided to leave the idiot lol:lol:. Good for her to realize that he is not worth of it. 

Well, I'm surprised about the father in law. I thought he only cared about his kids and the money that was coming from HJ but it looks like he cared. As for the sister in law, she needs a reality check up:crazy:. She need to get a job and start taking care of herself. Also, I can't believe she is after her niece's uncle; not to mention, how come she doesn't know his face when he is HJ only sibling??? As for the idiot, I wonder where he will get the money to buy the ring for JR. He told his dad he wants him to sell the restaurant to get his inheritance money in the preview, and he got water splashed to his face lol:lol:

HJ becoming a housekeeper, interesting. Now, the cute little boy won't be scared of his mom anymore. As for DG and HJ relationship, even if YR spins a tale about them, in the end she is the one who is having an affair with JH, DG friend. She can kiss goodbye to her dreams when DG finds out. Lawsuit is coming to her:lol:.

• Like 5

@ktcjdrama ~ even I was surprised that jin bong even cared about yuri. but then I think yuri is more like playmate. lets not forget that she stole yuri's pocket money to get her hair done. an adult stealing from a kid. thats how self-absorbed jin bong is. jin bong is just like her brother. the only reason she is upset about hae jin leaving is that income is lost and no one is there to clean the dishes. she was so self-absorbed that even when hae jin is reeling from the effects of the affair, she expected hae jin to clean and cook for them.

even if she has this great redemptive arc, the drama would definitely lose a few points because these losers are still stuck to hae jin's family then. it would feel like leeches always manage to survive somehow and that is not exactly a heartwarming message. half the fun in watching these type of dramas is knowing the bad guys will get whacked and jin bong has been annoying. it would also feel like a repeat of dae gu - yuran's relationship where the actress basically seduces the production/writer guy and then gets annoyed when she doesn't get ahead in her career.

am surprised that the father actually cared for hae jin a little bit but it looks like a late realization -- when you lose something, then you recognize the worth. for the 7 years she was there, she was nothing but an ATM machine.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

even if she has this great redemptive arc, the drama would definitely lose a few points because these losers are still stuck to hae jin's family then.

I agree. Don’t make us see Haejin being freed from that family only to have Cheoljin being stuck instead to that family :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 6

Cheol Jin is a loyal soul. If his dump richard simmons sister would stop lying and tell all, added with Yu Ri's tales there's no way he can end up with JB. I think this storyline is a way for JB too to suffer a personal punishment in the end. In that her actions come back to cost her her love. JS will lose not only his family but he'll lose the only woman on the planet willing to back him to the moon and back and then some in spite of the the bs. Father in law will lose the only daughter in the world who would want to enter such a shitty family and would have for sure looked after  him in his old age in spite of his antics. 

Notice how JS keeping JR's family wealth a secret. He so plans on running off and leave them two. :D

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, tas82 said:

Cheol Jin is a loyal soul. If his dump richard simmons sister would stop lying and tell all, added with Yu Ri's tales there's no way he can end up with JB. I think this storyline is a way for JB too to suffer a personal punishment in the end. In that her actions come back to cost her her love. JS will lose not only his family but he'll lose the only woman on the planet willing to back him to the moon and back and then some in spite of the the bs. Father in law will lose the only daughter in the world who would want to enter such a shitty family and would have for sure looked after  him in his old age in spite of his antics. 

Notice how JS keeping JR's family wealth a secret. He so plans on running off and leave them two. :D

I really hope this is where the writer is going with CJ and JB. I think she truly needs to be brought down to earth.  Realizing that CJ is HJ's brother and she will never get this love she is now fantasizing about should be the ultimate punishment for her. I shook my head at her daring to say that YR should be with the Lee's instead of with HJ's family when JB knows they do not like the child nor want her because she is not a boy but also because the child tells them about themselves at every turn. JB asking for YR is only to get HJ to come back to take care of the house and the store. The dad knows they will have nothing once HJ is gone for good.

JS won't get it until he sees HJ not only changing her look but also being successful and sees DG hanging around her more and more. Its going to take one good moment to see HJ, DG and the kids together as a family unit and he will want to make trouble in order to get HJ back. When he starts having troubles he will remember how HJ was so trusting, how she would run to do anything for him and he will realize then what he lost but he will not be able to get it back. (JR is going to keep a tight reign on him and will be extremely clingly which will drive JS nuts!) The father in law already knows that no one would want his children or him. He knows as well he has no skills to keep the shop going and his children do not care as they only want money. Its starting to hit him hard which is why he left the house when JS and JB started asking for money. He gets to now experience what HJ did whenever they ran to her for money. 

JS has always been selfish. Look at when he came back from the military he never once wanted to help with the restaurant he only wanted money to run off to worry the heck out of HJ and her family mooching and being a pain in the posterior. He did not care when he married HJ and then ran off to live in a flat leaving her to take care of his family, JS has always proven that its all about him and no one else. So with JR he will with hold the fact that her family is rich and try to get money anyway he can from his father. (The nerve of him asking for 200,000. Where on earth did he think his family could get that type of  money?)  I hope he does go off and sell the shop right out from under his dad its what they get for not appreciating HJ and all her hard work. They worked HJ to death never appreciating how she single-handedly made that shop turn a profit after the dad ran it into the ground. They only took the money never helping her to run the shop and would not even give her day off to go do something she wanted to unless she found a way to go around them. So they will get what they deserve with JS (as he has no filial petty in his bones.) I can see them very upset when they learn about JR background, but its too late then because JS will have moved into a new flat with her and start living his borrowed time rich life. With JS 's personality he will get the big head and look down on his family not even wanting to help them if they loose everything. I hope they do and show up on their door step to crash and live with JS and JR the new wife should be living with his family anyway showing filial petty..lol They will quickly remember HJ's meals and her care. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

From preview, Jinsang managed to buy the ring. So the tonkatsu shop is sold off then? Poor father, had to give in so his two good-for-nothing children can have money to squander off :lol:

Looking forward to next episode. Seems like Haejin’s mother will meet Jinsang as SIL-to-be at the Jung’s house. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2