[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

you know what confuses me -- that none of the truck drivers in kdramas ever come out. in our local dramas, if there was a scene like this one, the truck driver would come out and say "(curses/bad names), you couldn't find another way to die but you want me to be responsible for your stupidity? come here!" and start beating the character like crazy. hahahahha... I was hoping for jin sang to get beaten up by the truck driver for being so stupid. alas.

me too, the scene looks epic!

Oh, what is local for you?  I would love to see a scene like that!  Do you have a youtube link? I once almost walked into a bus in London and he was furious and I just walked quickly into a store because he had every right to be mad and I was so embarrassed!

Why isn't HJ getting a lawyer? So glad Juri's mom saw the car jumping thing as crazy.

And JS is going to starve to death now, is he? Go ahead, dummy.

• Like 5

you know I laughted when Juri walked Jinsang home after the JS was hospital and she asked something to drink bc she was all night with JS and paid his medical bill and JS father said that she could get it herself or JS should give it her. :D

I mean how hard it is get drink on fridge? I get that Juri is guest in a JS house but then JS should get her the drink.

I'm waiting JW slap on tomorrow´s episode

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

juri is acting like she is already the daughter-in-law and they should all serve her. @joccu ~ was glad that dad and jin bong refused to get her juice. if they did, both she and jin sang would have turned it around to make it seem like they have approval. jin bong is just plain lazy and so she won't be acting as a host unless she has something to gain. the dad seems to be genuinely sad and disappointed that his son turned out to be such an idiot.

@tulip06 ~ jin sang has a real lack of imagination. since his tactics worked last time, he figures that it will this time as well. but in a way, it is a good thing for hae jin because he is literally destroying her memories and making her realize that she was just a quest to him. once he got what he wanted, he got bored with her. it will be fun to see juri realize that jin sang did the exact same tactics with hae jin earlier and what that means for her.

was so relieved that dae gu is strong and didn't get swayed at all by junho. from his talk with yuran, it is obvious that he doesn't care much for her and wonders if it is a marriage at all. yuran seems to think that hurting him and shaming him would work but like hae jin said, if you keep getting hurt, after a point, you stop feeling anything. so dae gu no longer feels anything really.

but it was real sweet to finally see a true friendship forming between the main leads. it was important for hae jin to feel that someone cares and she has a friend that she can open up without being embarrassed. she is finally able to admit that jin sang is her husband. progress! it was sad when she said that she has forgotten that she is a woman and everyone thinks it is okay for her to walk home late as she is just a middle-aged woman. so liked the little steps towards our main leads getting together. did anyone else enjoy it as well?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Uhm... what happened to the epic slap I was waiting for? I have to take a rain check? But alright, I'm happy too nonetheless because it turns out that many other people in the building saw the photos!! At first I thought Jeung Won only put it up to scare off or warn Jun Ho, but no, it is officially war now... Way to go Jeung Won! Better than a slap actually :naughty:

I love today's episode a lot. There are many good lines. One of them is when Dae Gu was teaching Hae Jin to prepare for war. Even though Hae Jin is hesitant, he said that when one has already taken out a weapon to attack, she has to at least wield out a shield to protect herself. I find that Dae Gu gives lots of good advice, calmly. Glad that he is out of his slump earlier in the series.

Jinsang's attempt to fool Hae Jin ~ LOL, love to see his gobsmacked face when she countered his empty threat back. And he foolishly thought the same trick is going to work this time. Let him starve to death Hae Jin ah... but what Dae Gu said is also true, people will eventually eat when they're hungry.

Horrible witch Yuran ~ how stupid can she be thinking that everything will surely go well in front of camera with little Guang Ju. I'm looking forward to him spilling the beans as they film. It's going to be a live shooting, right? That's probably not very nice wish for Guang Ju's position, but even if that happens, I am sure someone (Dae Gu) will come to his aid in time and they both can be done with Yuran. That or the filming does not happen at all considering Jun Ho already got outed.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

@ktcjdrama ~ hopefully we get the slap next week? jeon won has been really smart. like dae gu suggested to hae jin, jeon won has been quietly gathering evidence to strengthen her position. whether she divorces or not, it gives some power back to her as junhu just can't deny it or make it seem she was depressed and delusional. it will be interesting to see what jeon won does next.

since she put the photos on the bulletin board, the office folks will quickly get to know. junhu is really mad because people are already wondering why he is going out of the way to promote yuran when there's better actors in his agency. once the news gets out, yuran should get dropped pretty quickly from the morning show. am guessing it will happen in a dramatic way though?

poor gwang ju getting manipulated. hopefully dae gu takes his own advice and has some sort of evidence to prove that he is not the crazy one. can totally see yuran trying to put fake charges on him in order to save her career. it is interesting that junhu said the only reason yuran is still married is because dae gu is a man of principle. once he realizes how she is using gwang ju, he is going to flip.

I really did like how measured and sane his advice was to hae jin and how that changed the power dynamics for her. instead of crying and feeling helpless, we see a stronger woman who is giving sane arguments and not getting dumbstruck by jin sang's words or logic. it is quite clear that his advice is really helping her to be this woman who won't be pushed around by the family any longer as she is very aware of her legal rights. but I do wonder if hae jin will remain strong or give in to his hunger strike.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

PLEASE WRITER, if GJ goes on that show, have him expose that piece of trash mother as the liar she is.   She needs to burn!  “Out of the mouths of babes...”  Thankfully DG is raising him to be an honest and stand up young man.  I’m wondering if his hands have been slapped at piano lessons.  Does that still happen?

• Like 9

Woohoo! Next week, the cheaters get exposed!  And looks like Juri, dummy that she is, gets surrounded by people screaming back at her for being a mistress when she screams about being in love, and that gives HJ lots of witnesses for her legal case!

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@ktcjdrama ~ hopefully we get the slap next week? jeon won has been really smart. like dae gu suggested to hae jin, jeon won has been quietly gathering evidence to strengthen her position. whether she divorces or not, it gives some power back to her as junhu just can't deny it or make it seem she was depressed and delusional. it will be interesting to see what jeon won does next.

Yes, I sure hope they don’t edit that part out...

It is interesting to see that as Dae Gu is advising Hae Jin, the scenes are showing Jeong Won. I wonder why the director chose to do it that way, if there is a special meaning or simply just fancy editing. 

• Like 6

I really find Jin Sang sooooooooo provocative. Whenever he can't get his way, he stands before a truck and pretends that he wants to die, or goes on hunger strike

I hope someday, HJ tells him, go ahead and do what you want, I don't care :D 

Yuran is the typical Narcissist. Whenever they are caught in their lies, they deny everything and claim that their accuser is crazy :( this is called "the smear campaign". Sorry for my terms, but my last boss was a real narc, so I had to look into this whole narcissism thing to understand how those psychopaths manipulate people lol

it is interesting how drama makers understand psychology well. 

I just would like to say a few things about HJ. I think her problem is that she doesn't have any experience about people, that is why she fell a victim to JS's lies. She is naïve, but also she is selfless. She felt sorry for that useless fellow and married him out of pity. I was really wondering why JS married her in the first place, when he really doesn't care about her. I think maybe he was worried that she started going on blind dates. But later he regretted having married her. He even flunked in the university, which shows how irresponsible he is. I don't see any reason for him to have stayed married to HJ for those years, except that he wanted her to support him financially.

As for his mistress, she is not an easy person to mess around with. I don't know how he agreed to be controlled by her, when he is always lying and  trying to use people. In her case, I don't think he will be able to get anything out of her once she discovers that he is not studying or anything. She will be the one to dump him lol

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

so the slap and the exposure of the photos  were a dream? the writers of this drama have lost me,:rage:

JW is also afraid of divorce despite the evidence that she has, so what will happen? let's not forget that she agreed to marry a guy who slept with her ex the day before their common lives in a bed where she had carefully prepared the sheets, and yet she knew it but got it all even married to him:cold_sweat:
also the preview which shows HJ leaving the house of her in laws   I do not believe it, it is hopeless

i understand that it is necessary to fight for her marriage but one moment must say stop, JW and HJ begin to annoy me

• Like 7

so I actually enjoyed the episode. was giggling when hae joon was fighting with jin sang and being so sarcastic about him dying. the best line was when she said she will put up an engraving on his grave that reads "adulterer starved to death" hahahah... I also liked that even though she felt so heavy and defeated, she made herself eat the breakfast she cooked as she cried. it shows a will power to survive and keep fighting and so we know hae jin is going to be fine.

I also liked that her reasoning to give him the divorce was finally for herself. before she wanted to hurt him but she also realized that she was hurting herself by holding on to the marriage. as she told dae gu, she felt like she was being consumed by the fire. so rather than giving in to jin sang, in many ways, this divorce is about her own emotional survival. also liked that when she finally tells him she will divorce him, she is not in a puddle of tears and is instead quiet and determined. it is a pity that furniture grandpa couldn't tell mom what was going on but given that yuri was there, I don't blame him.

normally fake outs annoy me a little. in this case, the dream felt like progress for jeon won. previously, she pretended not to know. now, she is seriously thinking about confronting him and she is angry. so it is a step forward that she is no longer considering just hiding. the question is how will she proceed.

yuran is such a horrid person. hope she gets super humiliated during the show. we know that she will take out her anger on gwang ju but hopefully, that is signal for dae gu to walk out the door. will the leads both divorce at the same time? finally, we have the title "wanna taste" -- that is the title of his new drama!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3

@Lmangla... Your comment nails it with this "slow walk" to the divorce court.  I have to credit the writer here for showing the impact of the cheaters on the hurting spouses, and not throwing in the towel too soon in order for the louts to walk off like they just shed an old coat.  A lot of self examination needs to take place until the "Am I better off with him or without him?" question takes hold and starts to make sense.  It doesn't relieve the burn of infidelity, but it is a process that needs to happen.  The writing is thoughtful and deep, somewhat different from the ordinary  breakup scenes.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

My thoughts always were HJ needed to come to terms with her marriage and be the one to finally walk away. Once the wives get to this point then they no longer have any feelings for the soon to be ex husband. It also shows that they have realized that they need to take care of themselves and not allow the cheaters to ruin them with their actions. 

We are seeing each way the spouses are dealing with the cheating and the final let go. HJ is first and has come to terms with things and she will be better off when she walks away. Will JW be next or DG? My thoughts are they could be related. Either DG will learn that she has been tormenting the boy to get him on the show or he will learn about the affair or both. Either way he is heading to divorce as well. JW is the wild card. I am not sure what to do with her. Even when she knew the man slept with his ex on the wedding bed she prepared she still married him. So learning of him being with the ex again did nothing but cause her emotional pain and anger. She has gathered all the evidence to make sure she gets something out of the deal but will she use it or will she hint at it and hold on to it? What I want to see is a little bit of spite from her as she makes a decision to walk away. There are so many better men out there for her (again... HJ's brother!!!). I just hopes she does something soon as the cheaters need to be exposed. 

I am waiting to see how JH reacts to knowing that his sister ruined the marriage of the couple he saw in the restaurant. Following in the families foot steps to cheat and hurt people.  I can definitely see him eating his heart out later at JW's lack of response to him and her getting over him if she divorces. The same for SJ later.  

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

I find watching Bae Yuran and Gwang Ju very hard. The burn marks on his wrists were too much. Waiting for her to go to jail.  I may have to fast forward her now, I can’t take GJ’s sad eyes, nor her dirty scenes with JH’s lascivious looks.

And JR’s narcissistic arrogance in yelling publicly at HJ and expecting everyone else to out! That’s HJ’s local! Her own restaurant! JR thinks everyone will side with the pretty girl. I am beginning to think both she and JS are sociopaths and that’s why they get on so well. Remember how in the hospital they were so in sync re “bad service” when it was a hospital?! They view each other as their possessions, is my guess. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I find watching Bae Yuran and Gwang Ju very hard. The burn marks on his wrists were too much. Waiting for her to go to jail.  I may have to fast forward her now, I can’t take GJ’s sad eyes, nor her dirty scenes with JH’s lascivious looks.

And JR’s narcissistic arrogance in yelling publicly at HJ and expecting everyone else to out! That’s HJ’s local! Her own restaurant! JR thinks everyone will side with the pretty girl. I am beginning to think both she and JS are sociopaths and that’s why they get on so well. Remember how in the hospital they were so in sync re “bad service” when it was a hospital?! They view each other as their possessions, is my guess. 

Their behavior and personalities are exactly why they will suffer later on. Neither JR nor SJ are mature enough to realize they are truly awful people who are very selfish and self centered. JR will get it when she sees how much of a "man child" SJ is and gets the full blow of his awful lying , using personality. He said so many useless sweet things to her to get her but eventually once he is with her he will change his tune and is only there for what he thinks he can get out of her and  her family.  SJ has no skills or intelligence so I can see some lies at first but he will be uncovered as the loser he really is with no education as he wasted 7 years and was kicked out. 

Once she can't give him anymore or decides to stop giving him he will turn on her. As I have mentioned before she will live in HJ's shoes and it will be a tight fit. But she reaps what she sowed. She too will find out how many lies he told her about school and everything else once she is married to him. Once he finds a way into that company she will see the true side of him. It will infuriate her and SJ when HJ starts over and makes good. Both would have thought HJ was too old, had no skills and would be too down after get rid of SJ only to learn that all they did was free her to find her full potential and live well. JR's ultimate price is to be brought down by SJ's antics and hopefully crimes. Especially when she once stood there and ridiculed HJ even when JR was the one in the wrong. What comes around, goes around and she will get it for having to be with SJ the liar later. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

this wasn't a fun episode but am so glad that gwang ju ran into cheol jin. he so desperately needed a friendly face at that moment who he feels safe with and who better than cheol jin who is not the type to play games. hope he stops this farce and calls dae gu immediately and gets gwang ju home. must say the TV hosts were quick witted and tried to quickly cover up the ramen answer. based on the preview, dae gu sounds mad and looks like he will file for divorce. who wants to bet that the one waiting in the restaurant for hae jin is actually dae gu?

am not sure what to make of dad and jin bong. did they think hae jin would continue to hang around after jin sang ate? do they realize that jin sang was starving because he wanted a divorce? so if he ate, then he got what he wanted? or did they just assume that he just gave up on his protest and went back to eating? jin sang really acts like a child with his "you won't change your mind later?" routine. is he five? (eye roll) at least this time, hae jin sees him for who he is and no longer sees this as cute. instead, she wonders how she married him. well we viewers also wondered!

but why exactly is she still keeping the truth from her mom? why not tell her what's going on? it is not like jin sang is actually going to reconsider. does she still hope that he might come around and so doesn't want them to know? it was nice of the restaurant lady to let hae jin spend the night there..

• Like 8