Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 2), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌2

1 hour ago, chubbyzmae said:

i have a crazy theory, 

could she be Yoon Seo Jung's sister from Season 1, because their surname is same 

:P

as long as i remember, isn't Yoon Seo Jung was the only child? YSJ adopted by Do In Beom family because of her mother dead, right? 

The reason why i thought that Dr. Yun was Do In Beom sister, maybe she got the surname which is "Yoon" from her mother side, when Do In Beom got his surname from his father.  And when In Beom got incoming call from Yoon A Reum, the name that written there was just "Yoon A Reum" not "Dr. Yoon" , so i think that In Beom and A Reum not just have a senior and junior relationship, but more closer than that. That's why i thought she was In Beom sister.

But, we can't make sure about this theory until the next episode airing :D

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, renjunnie said:

as long as i remember, isn't Yoon Seo Jung was the only child? YSJ adopted by Do In Beom family because of her mother dead, right? 

The reason why i thought that Dr. Yun was Do In Beom sister, maybe she got the surname which is "Yoon" from her mother side, when Do In Beom got his surname from his father.  And when In Beom got incoming call from Yoon A Reum, the name that written there was just "Yoon A Reum" not "Dr. Yoon" , so i think that In Beom and A Reum not just have a senior and junior relationship, but more closer than that. That's why i thought she was In Beom sister.

But, we can't make sure about this theory until the next episode airing :D

well, i love your theory since i am not watch Season 1 :D, i hope they are relatives 
i am waiting for jealous Eun Tak :P

• Like 5

OMG PLS SAVE MASTER KIM. HE CANNOT BE HARMED OMG. 

Anyone else cried during the scene where they were hoping the little baby would come back to live? I bawled the moment the baby's cries started like omg Nurse Oh seemed affected by it.. maybe she had a similar past?? 

and wow our second otp leads are getting a more exciting love story than our leads but i'm not complaining, those two are adorbs! AND THANK YOU MR KOO for indirectly saving ahreum LOL

I actually hope Dr Park gets out of his trauma after hearing what Master Kim said to him. I mean, I do see the light at the tunnel already regarding Dr Park's behavior, hoping he'd be on doldam's side soon. 

And omg just when we asked for dr park's goon to save more people and do surgeries, he screwed up the only surgery he did and in the end Master Kim gotta take over. this tells alot about your skills as a surgeon omg

i love that sweet mini interactions between woojin and eunjae. the fact that they both seemed relaxed this time made me happy :') though i'm a little annoyed at how woojin's like "don't worry i won't cross the line" (regarding his feelings for her). I mean, woojin, everyone wants you to cross that line and say something so you and eunjae can progress even further omg!!! i'm still gonna wait for the moment eunjae falls for him, hoping we'd get another kiss heh!

Oh and regarding the preview, apart from them saving master kim, who's the guy that visited doldam?? and why did woojin seemed so panicky when he ran into the room with that guy and eunjae inside? I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK GAH

• Like 8

@chubbyzmae, having YSJ and YAR related is so American soap opera style...lol. Maybe DIB is one of her earlier crushes?

I still have bad feeling about YAR...

Spoiler

We may not see the last of the rapist. He might return but people won't immediately recognise him as he has been disfigured due to the boiling water. And wanting revenge. It gave me chills when the rapist asked her name....

I think we will be recovering PMG's humanity in the next episodes. Poor KSB. So many injuries on top of the headaches caused by DWY.

We are finally getting something on Dr Bones. I like the theory that he comes from a loanshark/yakuza background as is trying to start a new leaf away from his family. I'm also curious about Dr Shim. Why would she be there without a backstory since we know Dr Yang is there to create trouble?

As much as Manager Jang being the oily character at Doldam, it was great to see his outburst to Nurse Oh. We rarely think about future of the low skilled workers in organisational restructures. Maybe that is why this season we got several scenes of the mop lady.

I'm happy to see SWJ and CEJ settling much better at Doldam, PET and YAR is still leading the cute couple position. I bet PET is a little miffed that Nurse Ko stole his chance to be a hero in front of YAR lol... Speaking about that, I do notice S2 having so many "pause" scenes. Why did everyone have to stop what they were doing just to listen to the baby's cry? Why not have them smile while doing their job? There were also a lot of pauses with KSB. These are people who are used to dealing with situations that require quick responses so I don't get why there are too easily shocked/emotional/sentimental about things.

• Like 10

Just finish watching ep10... wah no developement in the romance side, just the medical part.

Its cute when they tried to hide things from Nurse Oh... and now we have to see what does Master Kim is desperately trying to hid.

It just annoy me, what is wrong with all the doctors from the city? Have thet become administrators that they dont even know how to save people or do surgeries anymore? Its kinda extreme that they can just stand and see all the Doldam staff do all the emergencies while thet stand and be angry. Sigh... Crazy...

Need to more romance development!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

Once again that female anesthetist is so irritating.  Nurse Oh talks courteously to her, but she's being disrespectful.  And why scold woo jin in the or, it was Yang's fault for making a mistake, cant expect woo Jin to just keep quiet about it when yang kept on blaming him for his own mistake. The nurse should have called TK when Woo Jin told her to. The way she acts towards people methinks she's a narcissist. She is more concerned with prestige than helping out patients. Please ship her and Yang bsck to wherever they came from.

I actually think that Dr. Shim is not so bad.  She's not a surgeon so between 2 opposing views she did the right thing by calling on Dr. Kim to resolve the issue.  Her seniority is obvious that Dr. Yang could not stop her when she called Dr. Kim.  Also, she was the one who told Dr. Yang that his insecurity is showing and the one who called him out for not paying for his coffee.  Her demeanor just leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Woo Jin and Eun Jae, I am not surprised that their relationship is sooooo slow.   Woo Jin has a lot of problems right now so he is not aggressively pursuing Eun Jae.  I think in his mind he already showed Eun Jae that he likes her but Eun Jae is not acknowledging it which means she doesn't want him to cross that line or boundary.  (I mean, why would the guy kiss you???)  He actually asked her after the 2nd kiss, "Do you really not know?"  So for this one to progress, they both have to ready emotionally.  I'm actually ok if they don't get together even at the end of the season.  I think its more important for them to overcome their own traumas and be good friends.

• Like 9

@dzareth 

Spoiler

I had the same thought about YAR & the rapist. When the police detective mentioned sentencing was up to the judge, it seemed like foreshadowing. He was still making grabbing gestures toward her as they drove him away. I think he'll end up released & return with revenge in mind. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

IMO, it shows that President Park has a conscience from the way he accused Dr Kim of looking down on him because he ran away from the bus accident site 11 years ago. Unlike that rhino-skinned Dr Deo who has neither shame nor redeemable qualities.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, millicom said:

I actually think that Dr. Shim is not so bad.  She's not a surgeon so between 2 opposing views she did the right thing by calling on Dr. Kim to resolve the issue.  Her seniority is obvious that Dr. Yang could not stop her when she called Dr. Kim.  Also, she was the one who told Dr. Yang that his insecurity is showing and the one who called him out for not paying for his coffee.  Her demeanor just leaves a lot to be desired.

Dr Shim is a realist.An exact opposite of our romantic doctor. A table death will also ruin the reputation of the anaesthesiologist....(if we remembered the past of the other anaesthesiologist in Season1). But I was pleasantly surprised that she called Surgeon Kim to intervene, not President Park.Does she have the right anyway?

Those of you who have worked in the OT can give an insight. Can anaesthesiologist over-ride a surgeon's authority in the OT? I thot they are on par.

• Like 3

It's a team thing it's not a situation where the surgeon is in charge of the OR. Master Kim is technically the Chief of surgery. Prof Shim is a Prof. That Dr Yang- what is his rank? They call him sunbae but she is his sunbae.

I guess generally it won't deteriorate to a turf war in real life. But this is a drama. Override? The patient's life is the priority and everyone will be responsible if it's found out they didn't deal with the emergency. Although technically Dr Yang should have the surgical skills to deal with it.

Does she have the right?  Anyone can tell the senior Dr that the OR in trouble. Whether the person dares to is another issue. The guy would die of massive sepsis if the leak is not sorted anyway and it won't be written off as unexpected post op issues. 

I am going back to ep 10 again later. Already watched it.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, dzareth said:

@chubbyzmae, having YSJ and YAR related is so American soap opera style...lol. Maybe DIB is one of her earlier crushes?

I still have bad feeling about YAR...

Hide contents

We may not see the last of the rapist. He might return but people won't immediately recognise him as he has been disfigured due to the boiling water. And wanting revenge. It gave me chills when the rapist asked her name....

OMG i have same feelings with you especially when the rapist seems say "i am watching you" to YAR from inside car.

I don't know about the season 1 plot, but did we have any crime scene which include the doctor like this season?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chubbyzmae said:

OMG i have same feelings with you especially when the rapist seems say "i am watching you" to YAR from inside car.

I don't know about the season 1 plot, but did we have any crime scene which include the doctor like this season?

In season 1, dr Yoon (not Areum, but the other one) was held hostage by a man who attemptrd murder on the patient currently being operated on.

• Like 4

@ck1Oz, my apologies that it's taken me awhile to get back to you. I'm sure you've figured out the subs by now, but I did listen to the sections that you listed, and here are my comments.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:12 PM, ck1Oz said:

Episode 8 1015- the saline and what else? I think I heard Konglish vs Korean words. Can't be OPA I don't hear saline bag anyway

I heard the order to the nurse to hang a 1 L (bag) of NS (normal saline) and administer it "open".

3512 from the blood culture till the IV propacetamol order. I can't decide how to word it or rather I did but not happy with what I wrote.

From 35:06:

Then, for now, let’s not take it out. Because of his skin, let’s change from the 2nd generation cephalosporin that he had been getting to 3rd generation cephalosporin, and give him vancomycin. Before giving him the antibiotics, do a blood culture at the peripheral site once and at the hemodialysis catheter site once, so for a total of two (cultures). And give him propacetamol by IV if needed.

3535 as well please. 

35:35 The norepinephrine is being administered with a 20 micro drip line, isn't it? 

Thank you. This drama is doing my head in. The writer has been using the American cc for 7 episodes and then I hear all medications switch to ml ( at least I think it's mililitres ) and mg in episode 8. So 1106- can I ask that you sub this too please? Did he say 30mg or 30 ml?

Dr. Kim say: Let’s connect a c-line (central line) and mix 5DW 500 with norepinephrine 30 and administer at 10 cc, quickly.

He doesn't actually seem to be saying the units, just the meds themselves until he gets to the flow rate.

1:00. 19 the line where he incises down to the iliac fossa the whole line.

Then the 50 sec where they prepare ? what. Its not the Korean word for perfusate.

Not sure which scenes these are from? Because I'm not watching this drama right now, your timing data doesn't seem to indicate the scenes that you are mentioning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse thank you. I will go back and change/tweak. The " open " made me laugh. I thought I heard English. I am going for a hearing check after this drama.

01:00:19 and 01:00:50

It was at 01: 00:19 that means 1 hr mark 19 sec. The section where they were cutting down towards the iliac fossa but I didn't like the translation I did. The wording. Then when they started hanging the perfusate but didn't call it that.  Just that the viki video timing is not the same as the streaming site timing. Sorry for not making it clearer.

Just for completeness sake if you don't mind please. Thanks again. I do feel that viewers who come in late will get the best and most accurate subbing. Sorry, I still cannot believe how bad the subs were for Boys over flowers when I watched my first Kdrama. Never knew there were Kdramas you see. And I remember thinking " Man the subs are bad." Subbing has evolved a long way since. Like the war of prosecutors has an attorney who subs so most of the legal dramas she's on- the subs are very good.

It makes so much more sense now that you've worded it like this. I am on episode 10 now and been stuck on some lines. 

War of prosecutors and romantic Dr Kim has been 2 surprisingly well written. It's not meant as an insult but more that it's been consistent. Dr Kim has been flashier since it's a medical drama but it's been tense. I usually end up feeling awake after the episodes. It's not been very relaxing. 

I think filming in sub-zero temperature for ep 10 must have been hard. It was a night scene and it is in winter and in the dark. The poor actors and crew. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bromance... may it be a start of a beautiful friendship and partnership in Doldam

Maybe Dr Park will operate KSB arm and take on KSB role as head of GS while he recovers. Looking at the preview it seems that the Chairman wants to fire a staff member in Doldam and it could be KSB. I hope DrPark will stop this. 

The full making vid of the kiss scene and the bus accident. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

01:00:19 and 01:00:50

It was at 01: 00:19 that means 1 hr mark 19 sec. The section where they were cutting down towards the iliac fossa but I didn't like the translation I did. The wording. Then when they started hanging the perfusate but didn't call it that.  Just that the viki video timing is not the same as the streaming site timing. Sorry for not making it clearer.

Sorry, it was the extra space between the 1:00. and the 19 that threw me, probably because I looked at it in a rush. :)

1:00.19

In order to accept the donor kidney, I will cut down to the iliac fossa.

So, the doctor literally says "In order to match the donor kidney, I will cut down to the iliac fossa." but this basically means to create enough room for the donor kidney.

1:00.50

Doctor: Please prepare the control drug.
Tech: I have prepared the control drug.
Doctor: And, have the ice ready as well.

They don't call it a perfusate. The word they use is 관리약, but using it to mean the perfusate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @stroppyse Well they say Kdrama unites the world. Hahaha since I just recruited a Norwegian hospital staff who's double checking from the beginning and I just had to Google what's a free flap. The writer did literally use " free flap" on screen. And I ended up reading about an intimal layer. And Type A and B aortic dissection.

This drama. No wonder I have no time to ship the OTP. Too busy trying to work out what they are saying. I am more concerned with focusing on SYJ's mouth and what is he saying. Since he has a slight lisp and trying to get used to his way of pronouncing English medical words. I have given up on the other ER doc. My Korean is not good enough for Korean medical dramas.

• Like 6