[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

The secret that Dr. Kim knows about Chairman Do could be related to one of his surgeries by proxy. I don't mean those that Dr. Kim has already disclosed in the finale of Season 1. Dr. Do committed many malpractices at Geodae. There could have been one more very serious medical felony that's been hushed up.  It's not fair he can get away scot-free. Anyway, I think Dr. Park will eventually side with Dr. Kim.  I got the impression he has high regard for Dr. Kim's skills.

• Like 4

I cant believe Mr Koo came back only to have one of our doctors hanging on her dear life. What a cliffhanger! Doldam is already low on staff and one down means those Geodae doctors better step up and not just stand there in disbelief. They should be ashamed of themselves and they call themselves doctors...:crazy:

BTS vid based on ep 5-6

OST 5 by Yang Dal

Spoiler

EPRtqWwU4AEme8R.jpg

cr. melon 

Hear Ost 4 "That's All" by Heize and Ost 5 in spoiler

Spoiler

New stills - I love the tension between DrPark and Dr Kim 

2020012710462613589.jpg

cr. tenasia

Dr Bae (with a busted lip) and  Dr Seo

EPSU8dMU0AAKz35.jpg

Spoiler

EPSU60-U0AEdcbI.jpg

EPSU7UjU0AU8vBk.jpg

EPSU711VAAEWGfC.jpg

cr. Naver

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was surprised the situation with EJ’s neck was such a non-event. She was practically up and running in 5mins. The flashback to WJ piggybacking her also felt rather random. Wasted an opportunity to build up the relationship between the two.

Having said that, I thought what Master Kim said about if you keep apologizing and not standing up for your beliefs is a good reminder, not just for EJ but for myself. It is also gratifying to see how EJ is able to pick herself up and focus on what she needs to do instead of wallowing in self pity. Now I see that instead of  an outwardly strong character, the intent is to protray her as someone who is resilient despite setbacks thrown at her and that is her strength. This was also shown in how she persisted in her studies and “survive” despite obviously not being as talented as SJ. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh boy. Wasn't episode 7 a bit stressful? I felt a bit stressed. I am waiting to watch it in detail when I need to check the subs. But the Dr Park is making me stressed. It's not as if the current conoravirus issue isn't making everyone at work a bit stressed at present.

This is not a relaxing drama. Even though most medical dramas are meant or hyped to be tense but don't know why Doldam Hospitals always have such tense hospital politics.

Can't even focus on whether there will be romance or not. This is one small hospital with dramas alright.

• Like 1

After watching the latest ep, Dr Park is PISSING ME OFF (along with that fellow goon of his). Sure he's a very skilled doctor BUT SO SEXIST. How dare he belittle female doctors?! I felt so so so bad for eunjae at that time. she worked and struggled so hard to be a doctor only to be put down by a doctor who only cares about the political stuff rather than wanting to save his patients. why be a surgeon then, go be a politician instead ugh. 

Okay, lighter note.. the scene with master kim and the gangster LOL. only master kim can put thugs like him in place! And that sweet little scene between kim min jae and that resident doctor SO CUTE!!!!! 

i was hoping for a longer interaction between eunjae and woojin but the beginning scenes were fine for me heh. i think at that moment when eunjae grabbed woojin's sleeves, the gaze in his eyes was as if saying "that's it, i have to protect this girl forever." HEHEHEHE i do think woojin is interested in eunjae and isn't gonna do anything yet cause there's no motivation to i guess? and eunjae hasn't fall for him yet but i do think she is a little bit interested in him too but not in that romance way yet. really really can't wait for more moments between our leads heh!

OH THAT ENDING SCENE THO. the one where master kim put dr park in his place in front of everybody!! DAMN I WAS LIVING FOR THAT MOMENT LIKE YAS TELL HIM MASTER KIM. SHOW HIM WHO'S BOSS OF DOLDAM! living for moments like these too, master kim so need to remind dr park that doctors are here to save lives and not play politics. ugh. 

Alright, my thoughts are done! I'll be back after the next ep! 

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

The flashback to WJ piggybacking her also felt rather random.

i think it was to show how woojin was reminded of that time when eunjae cried so hard while grabbing his sleeves. so it was like parallel to that moment, but i agree that they should have expanded more on their relationship at that very moment! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh no what will happen to the wife? Their son is still in the icu. Maybe this will be the reason that Cha wont get fired.

Looks like nurse Park and er resident's date will take a raincheck.  In the first season, i wonder why he didnt ask dr Woo out, or maybe he did try.

pres Yeo is stage four cancer, but couldnt they still have tried to have it cured? Are they just waiting it out? 

Back to thr past.  dr Park was in thr bus accident, but only teacher Kim tried to help the injured.  Was Park feeling guilty about that? 

Now Dr Bae knows about Seo's childhood. What's next for them.

• Like 3

I hate it when medical dramas have clear black and white divides. Of course we are not going to side with Dr Park's view about the convict. They are doctors for goodness sake, not judges!! Not comic from a medical profession, would doctors really stop each other from treatments due to social reasons? Don't they have to hold the Hippocratic oath? I understand they might defer in treatment methods and even if nothing else can be done, shouldn't there be some sort of final care? At least easing the pain if not prolonging life?

In S1, there was a scene when a father tried to stop the surgery of a man who harmed his daughter by pointing a knife to YSJ's throat. At least there is a dilemma about who to save there. But the incoming convict is almost dead and will hardly cause harm to other. Yet Dr Park doesn't even want to receive this patient. So he's willing to leave that guy dead in the ambulance???

I want to see medical dramas with less judgemental doctors. Argue on priority - who should be treated first; who should get an organ transplant; etc. The world is already screwed up as it is but don't let us loose faith in the medical professionals!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

54 minutes ago, thanie said:

Is DR S2 a continuation of S1? Or there's a separate story-line? 

most of the main casts in DR1 are in DR2.. it’ll be easier for u to understand if u watch DR1 first.. the changes are the young doctors that come to learn under the guidance of Teacher Kim :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@dzareth
Yeah, despite all the love I have for the Dodam characters, I find it annoying for there are so plotlines against professional medical norms in season 2, aside from that Hippocratic oath issue.

Say the latest incident about the family abuse with non-Korean wife; no way any hospital would allow any medical staff to take the matters into their private hands. It was very illogical that Eun-jae would confront that abuse suspect in person, especially when that man had shown signs of violence. From limited knowledge I know, normally once with founded suspicion of domestic violence, the doctors should either immediately convince the wife to call for the police protection or at least find a social worker to immediately follow-up and assess the psychological status of the abused. Also,  procedurally the medical staff would have to distance themselves to the abuse suspect, to avoid any harm the suspect may inflict on them.

[PS. According to the news article below, it is still possible for the abused spouse to obtain Korean visa and stay with his/her kid if divorced. https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20191122004600315]

5 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

After watching the latest ep, Dr Park is PISSING ME OFF (along with that fellow goon of his). Sure he's a very skilled doctor BUT SO SEXIST. How dare he belittle female doctors?! I felt so so so bad for eunjae at that time....

Pissed me off too! In other countries, it is already legal offence speaking those sexist things...

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

they are so cute!!

Can't help smiling seeing the overloading cuteness between Dr Yoon Ah-reum and Nurse Park Eun-tak! I hope the scriptwriter would give us more details why Dr Yoon and Nurse Park had fallen for each other though...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

I hope the scriptwriter would give us more details why Dr Yoon and Nurse Park had fallen for each other though...

i haven’t watched last evening episode (needed the eng sub which should have been out this morning but i was out partying today).. i dun think Nurse Park fall for Dr Yoon.. he should still be in love with Dr Yeon Hwa (from DR1).. the reason for their hush hush is cos Dr Yoon happened to find out about President Yeo’s lungs issue which at that time, only Teacher Kim and Nurse Park are aware of and helping to keep it as a secret :) Bora (i forgot her name in the drama) is carrying a torch for Nurse Park too!

i like how the casts are sharing photos freely on IG :P

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1

7 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

Looks like nurse Park and er resident's date will take a raincheck.

or maybe she chose to have chicken instead ..plot twist lol!

2020012802471_0.jpg

cr. https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/01/28/2020012802476.html

in fairness she took the patient's mother to Doldam and Nurse Park was late to meet her . So he went back to Doldam to see her together with Dr Seo...oppsie

901f3fa4653050ee7271ed57ba2dd90f.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 3