[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

16 minutes ago, corey said:

Would you care to elaborate? Given what I wrote above about the hits they are dropping for the audience in the show that there might be season 3? If HSK is dead against it for some reason, then of course there will be no S3.

It's more that multiple seasons in any K-drama are so rare, to have a season 2 at all was already special but to get HSK, a highly revered A-list actor for a season 3 would be jaw-to-the-floor amazing. Let's hope they do!

• Like 3

I enjoyed episode 15 so much.  I was waiting oh so impatiently for DIB since episode 10 and his guest episode did not disappoint.  He has come a long way since season 1.  He really has this amazing face, of when he’s acting all cold and arrogant and then being immediately being transformed to someone so warm and welcoming by just smiling!  

Enjoyed his scenes with Park Eun Tak.  A Callback to their conflict in season 1 

Liked even in his short time he was able to give not only guidance to WooJin in the OR but also in handling his emotions and office politics.

For me, season 2 is less angsty and tense than season 1. Less romance too but I still highly enjoyed it.  It gave me a different flavor than season 1 but no less satisfying. 

The mentorship that Dr. Kim did specially to Woojin is what I really liked and what I hope I can personally do in real life and season 2 is really about Seo Woo Jin’s journey, of being an orphan, of being in a constant struggle to prove that he deserved to live, to deal with tarnished role models, to escape from debt, to finally find someone who deserves his admiration and trust.  

That being said, Dr Kim really knows how to spot people of character and give them enough tough love to challenge them and develop their full potential.  

Hoping for season 3 but will rewatch 30 but 17 for now.  The reunion made me miss them so much... 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Is Dr Bae's dad actor Jeong Bo-seok? A pleasant surprise seeing his cameo!

I thought it was Jeon No Min 

Spoiler

ERmm-hMU4AIknzP?format=jpg&name=medium

Jeon_No-Min-p02.jpg

some updates 

No one crossed the line in ep 15 so I'll ship KSB and SWJ instead :joy:

Interesting read, even HKS wants s3 -https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/02/25/2020022503408.html

2020022503394_0.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Just saw ep15...

Actually, its only right that Dr Jung thinks of his family. His wife and kids missed him and if there is really a good hospital which gives him higher salary and to be near to his family, he shouldnt have reject it to stay at Doldam hoapital. We are not sure if he really investigated the hospital or just to say bad things so the wife would feel better for him to stay at Doldam.

Back to CEJ and SWJ... barely any interaction at all... like whyyyyy... i guess we should blame season 1... i read that the leads had too many romantic scenes that some fans complained... hence season 2, we barely see any of it... sigh...

• Like 3

It started Pres Yeo has woken. PMG has quit but Dr Yang hid his resignation letter away from Chairman Do. EJ is called to go back to the main hospital but is hesitant to go. Though KSB told the main hospital that she no longer has anxiety. KSB tells her she will be better off at the main hospital. She telsl WJ that shes been asked to go back. WJ is shocked ... but she wants him to ask her to stay. 

Nawww never mind girl asked for reset and she got it 3 times... YAY!!! she crossed the line and he returned it lol!:heart:

Spoiler

a360effa63b128b8ddf0486f43d56a48.jpg

18e5b410a94a087edd24de19104e0d3d.jpg

a604794dd39c89ee523b622d06757ace.png

890072eeeb0ea1b6db2eaebf360e9ed3.jpg

Spoiler

a881fb6e8b58eb672fce6aeb100f1187.png

09b4b931493dd167fec1cc9e7616d1e7.jpg

cc8ec7c20048e1f97dda79453881456b.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

I've loved every minute of this season as it's gotten better with each ep rather than the normal structure of a k-drama where there's a buildup to the 'melo' part and you dread the angst. Next week we won't have anymore Doldam :tears:

Agreed. It's not following the usual norm in dramaland. Where there is the part of angst in every drama. RTDK always addresses problems and give the conclusion to the end of that episode right away and starts with a new case after case. It's interesting with that kind of plot they still keep the main conflict of the drama as a whole. Each episode is not dull and they have a role even for just a slight cameo or extras. Yes, hard to accept that it leaves us tonight. I'm going to miss ddoldam family!! I'm not ready to say goodbye... sigh.

@Kasmic @Hana katyoun you guys crack me up. That is the moment when reality hit you hard, crushes all the expectations we have. LOL. 

And yeah.. come to this, kim sabu is loving by everyone because of his 'weirdness'. Look how WJ got pretty jealous when he sees kim sabu treats DIB with love (a love of a mentor, a father role that DYH couldn't give to him). And it's the same reason why WJ becomes so caring and respect kim sabu that much. What a lovely warm romance! 

Yes yes... PD nim, SBS, hope you hear that plea! We want S3!! S3 will be for the reunion of all cast, please!! 

Oh.. ui-sa-seon-saeng-nim jalsaenggyeotta.... *hearteyes*

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

yay!! :D

make it a loop.. not just a reset so the kiss continues forever :rolleyes:

oooh yes please :wub: 

sigh i can't wait to watch it with eng sub. the drama have been quite a slow burn but the ending mann... although i'm not that keen with dr yang still. ugh. 

@Alice Wonderland :Psorry i burst your bubble but it is true. i can only dream here. Our only eye candy is when we get cute patients come to us :P especially for me during scans. and they're polite and nice and cute. sigh makes your day hahahahahaha. 

Season 3 season 3 season 3 sigh i sure hope so with eun jae and woo jin bickering. LOL

Edited by Hana katyoun
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

It started Pres Yeo has woken. PMG has quit but Dr Yang hid his resignation letter away from Chairman Do. EJ is called to go back to the main hospital but is hesitant to go. Though KSB told the main hospital that she no longer has anxiety. KSB tells her she will be better off at the main hospital. She telsl WJ that shes been asked to go back. WJ is shocked ... but she wants him to ask her to stay. 

Nawww never mind girl asked for reset and she got it 3 times... YAY!!! she crossed the line and he returned it lol!:heart:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the up close and personal... OMG! Thank God for the Crossover for the two leads!!!!... cant wait to see the subbed episodes!

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 5

Dr Yang shows Chairman Do of KSB diagnosis...man that doc never gives up. I guess he need to save his livelihood. EJ said she has to go to Geodae hospital for 3 days to help out. Love how she remembers what coffe he likes

Spoiler

2eaeb5d9cb72324a0ccd0f88b7e4e32c.jpg

ddf4f1acc84dfb5824d6ec3002215e29.jpg

:love: this look OMG never gets old

ae3a5716cc7170c4f06665723c946a6a.jpg

Spoiler

ERoLSJDVAAEgrxV?format=jpg&name=small

7c84295fc0afaa63a606b7e4749c7fc9.jpg

Dimple couple..sorry I forgot what was the scene about but you will know why lol!

Spoiler

534b27303bf5cadcd788b187ec3bbe43.jpg

d7923e6127b5919f0f4e61ceffedf21b.jpg

EJ leaves and WJ hugs her nawww such fanservice! Making up for  the 16 eps wait for them to freaking cross that stupid line

69f4658e17f5469540f90e707c6eb4ca.jpg

ERoL5N0UcAIj6SF?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Love 6

@Hana katyoun haha... it's alright. No need to apologize. It needs to sober me up from my dream sometimes. They keep feeding us with those hopes and I am glad to believe in that even only to end up feeling disappointed everytime the reality tells differently. But it's fun to think that maybe someday somehow you'll meet that imaginary doctor in real life. At least they treat you not just your physical health but also the heart. Ah... it reminds me of patient ik joon. I got a bit emotional when Park fail to save him. That macaroons he sent to EJ. Their short encounters becomes memorably fun.  

Ah... how was the final. I am still waiting for the subbed episodes 4 hours later. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

Dr Kim still has not revealed his hidden card, right?

He did Chairman tried to kick KSB out again with the MS diagnosis but it didnt work. I think I need more subs but KSB has connections to another investor whom only pissed the Chairman off some more.  Chairman Do wants to punch KSB but Euntak and WJ stops him. Nurse Oh calls on MR GOO!!! hahaha! 

Spoiler

9d9937b04618cbc29776ac25ebee721e.jpg

5ccada5a2253046437098666ce9f5c2b.png

078a05966fd3b4f25ae2ab4542e30814.jpg

f4dcd8709fbec1971d87c8d720a30f3c.jpg

Poor Chairman Do he can never get KSB. An emergency arise and the staff gets to work even PMG is staying to help out. PMG he asks Dr Yang to come and him which he gladly follows. EJ returns to Doldam and it ends there.

af8ab1e19bea1598cbd45d59c4f47b0b.jpg

dac78827bd6ec767c710197b76f6ef03.jpgNot sure if s3 is possible esp since KSB has MS. 

Anyway still love this drama.

ERoLV-jUwAAuAa3?format=jpg&name=medium

still manages to make me feel such mix emotions all in one ep lol! MR GOO is so COOL!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@KasmicI am not the best person to ask because I wrote a long post about the actual logistics of the bus crash scene to you. Then decided not to post it as it's not relevant to the show. Which is a show after all and most Korean medical dramas are dramas. If you want reality it's not a genre you want to recommend as being accurate.

This drama is entertaining of course. And written better than most of the Korean medical dramas I've seen. I don't mind the characters at all. And I actually am not pining for the love lines since some viewers think its absolutely necessary. Medical dramas are not known for having love lines. If it is the medical aspects of the drama suffers.

That was written a week ago to your tagging but decided not to post. As  I don't come here often and don't discuss things here. Thanks for the spoilers. I will go watch it later. I will be around a couple of weeks more anyway since have been preoccupied with real life.

It's sad actually the writer wrote him in with MS. Really? He doesn't have family as such. And to write him in with such a diagnosis isn't that almost like killing him off liked the previous hospital director? 

Just a totally inappropriate light comment to comments here about looks. I don't know which department you're in but we have plenty of good looking healthy and health conscious staff. Of the 180cm and taller physiques. With plenty of complimentary comments from dazzled patients. And I am literally quoting them as they do seem dazzled. We have staff who go to the gym pre and post work. Or cycle commuting to work etc. I think it's good to be healthy as well as be conscientious about work. My extended work environment is such that it's more common to see people who are fit and are seen in the 180 to 195cm height range. Just saying that being in medicine or the medical field doesn't mean that everyone are nerdy looking and have no fashion sense. 

As the overworked medical staff in Kdramas all consumed copious amounts of ramen or cup ramen and eat badly. And Kdramas keep making them stay so long at work and have such bad interactions at work quarreling. It's more common to see people eating healthily here and have fairly healthy options. And be hauled up for workplace bullying etc than letting things go like that.

One tinniest comment about EJ. She would have failed her training even before finishing  being a senior trainee if she couldn't operate. Surgical trainees need to pass the surgeries required in their field. Fellows are trainees who have passed their training and are Board certified and these have standards . We have overseas Fellows all the time as it's almost a requisite to have that overseas experience. To be Fellows before going back to their home countres to be consultants etc. Assoc Processors or being called Professors are people who are affiliated to teaching hospitals that are linked to Universities. Like Prof Shim and Park.

Have a good night everyone. Good season 2. And ending. This excludes the MS diagnosis part.

I am looking forward to the next medical drama. I have loved the whole Reply franchise and Prison Playbook team. They have been my favorite team so far through the years.

Romantic Dr Kim has been a reliable drama for 2 seasons now. Less flashy main hospital politics than the others. I like the rustic feel of the hospital entrance. Then have the flashy theatre. Complete darkness of course during operations as you do during dramas. This is one aspect I never understand. Hospitals everywhere has bright glaring fluro lighting but ORs are always covered in gloom for their scenes.

Either way not much to comment here. I never hope for much romance in medical dramas. You do romance as a focus than the medical aspects suffer as in that Doctors drama EJ was in. There were whole and regular episodes with no medical aspects. I know since I was hardly subbing medical lines there. Dr Kim has been heavy on the medical aspects both seasons.

Take care. Am glad it ended well for the cast and crew.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Waiting for finale subs but don't mind the line crossing spoilers here :glasses:

Just want to share with you guys my findings behind the term "Oddball" Project .

J6gRFZm.png

It was roughly translated as the "Ugly Duckling" OR "Birds [w/ Neck stuck-out]" Project in my mother tongue; I was curious for the reason behind the discrepency between different languages of translation so I decided to dig deeper.

It turns out the original Korean term literally means "jagged/ angular stone" which is bound to be hit by a chisel [Korean-English dictionary link here]. To put it another way, it means people who are unwilling to kowtow and go with the flow, or one incurring hatred/ envy from others for being outstanding/useful. Interestingly, Doldam hospital literally is named as the "Stone Wall" hospital. I really like the stone metaphor here, though it has been lost in translation.

• Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4