[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

I guess one has to be freed off from debt to be able to cross the line :D

Episode 14 was good! I really like CEJ character's development. Doesnt need a guy to defend herself. 

So when Seo Woo Jin meets Do In Beom in the next episode I wonder if he'll call him "samcheon". :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Thanks to @000231846597 and @stroppyse for the translation and @Kasmic for the live updates :)

Again, poor CEJ cant win against the writer and other people take away the chance of saving SWJ.

now the story is all about SWJ who see Sabu as a father figure. Of course, central character is Dr. Sabu but poor CEJ could have got some importance too. CEJ and SWJ have cute moments but i wonder what did SWJ like about her? For me the place when helps the domestic abuse lady will be her biggest warm point. Our two lady doctors dont stand a chance to shine. They set my expectations up and in the end it was all about SWJ.

oh and that Dr. Yoon had it coming. Am glad CEJ hit him!

What SWJ like about CEJ? Men like to be saviour. Maybe he started liking her when she used to be always needing to be saved. Now like her even more because of how strong she has become. Just my 2 cents

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

now the story is all about SWJ who see Sabu as a father figure. Of course, central character is Dr. Sabu but poor CEJ could have got some importance too.

if there is not going to be a S3.. i guess the whole RD2 will end with the perfect trauma center in place and WJ being part of the elite team.. and KSB probably moves on as a medical consultant or professor in the meds school?

i haven’t caught up with the latest ep so is the Oddball Project KSB’s medical condition? :no_mouth:

11 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

but i wonder what did SWJ like about her?

there was a scene in the earlier ep (3?) where they were late for lecture (by one of the fussiest lecturers).. WJ helped to divert the attention so that EJ didn’t get punished.. then he also happened to see the note of Pros and Cons if she chose to leave meds school.. she is really trying to continue be a doctor to not disappoint her mom.. i think he admires her for that.

1 hour ago, lebritneeey said:

but looking at the preview apparently he's also ahreum's brother?!

different family name.. so could have been a cousin or family friend?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Hahahha....yes, crossed the damn line!.... 

No more debt to worry about, more time for WJ's love.

EJ, wake up! Everyone in the darn hospital knew about WJ's feeling for EJ except EJ! Gosh, writer!  Wake up!

Ej has so much potential for her character, yet to be dragged into the last 2 weeks! Sigh

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Mafia!! The biggest boss :joy:

It could be possible as EJ new gangster friends group is called ... :joy:32bfbca5dba879a49ec5d9d15cff04b1.png

We need those nurses they always keep us updated on the filming. So too our leads, so cute their updates are similar :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i just finished rewatched the latest episode with sub..

OH MY GOD!!! saascyhn98t7'n vyyn woPam[ 0wehtncf scp[ iktse76bn] 98qun 

0iusgGY

HJ and SWJ's scene is my favourite scene in the episode again this time. how could AHS cry so beautifully?? oh my heart.. he's so beautiful, is he even a human?? 

i don't know what kind of drug i need to take next week... idk if my heart could handle SWJ and DIB in the same frame.. you two kottminamsss, noona y heart is fragile!!! 

ps: i wonder why CEJ being hesitate about "crossing the line", WJ has been waiting for her for  so long... what's stopping her? i don't understand... seriously. 

pss: why did bone dr address himself as "oppa" to elizabeth and jessie? that's so funny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

It's been interesting to watch Dr Shim these last few episodes though her character arc hasn't been the smoothest... one ep she's calling the Doldam crew annoying, the next minute she's got clear respect for SWJ (both skills and judgement) and is even getting along with Nurse Oh and Doldam staff in theatre. She isn't a blind loyalist to Dr Park but has shown herself to just be conservative in judgement (hinted at in last ep when she lost a patient 3 years ago) and that could be why she refused the heart patient last ep. I'm interested in seeing whether she will break off from Dr Park's team, though she must be far from her son so if he's in Seoul she won't stay at Doldam.

I'm one of those people who was and still is major iffy at how CEJ is a surgeon and how she ever got away with the nausea and what happened in those earlier eps. But her character journey has been satisfying and gradual - in which the intensive study deprived her of the facets of life (all the stuff in her list) that builds character, strength and self-worth and is now discovering it at Doldam and finding her voice (which is all the harder in Korea where deference to rank and age is everything). If SWJ liked her in med school, he sure as hell is head over ears in love with her now she can't help but stick up for him...

I love how touchy-feely they are post-hug too...she's got her hands all over him subconsciously, they're that comfortable with each other! :wub:

Gahhhhhh the locker scene! SWJ throwing major love hearts out his eyeballs so bad...she just has to so much as breathe SOME reply and that 'line' will be nothing but smoke and dust! What a Reply 1988esque slow build. Last two eps and STILLL BUILLDDDINGGG! arghhh!

I want to know who Dr Bae's dad is... he's definitely hella powerful or the family's just really rich. The show made it clear he was the one who really made the thugs apologise, the gang just turned up late to the show and got all the credit!

The next two eps are sure to be jam packed!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

As Dr. Kim said, Dr. Yang doesn't look well. Suspect he may need surgery. He will be ashamed of his attitude after SWJ saves his life. I'm sure there will be an epilogue on Dr. Bae's family history and what happened with those 2 loan sharks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

there was a scene in the earlier ep (3?) where they were late for lecture (by one of the fussiest lecturers).. WJ helped to divert the attention so that EJ didn’t get punished.. then he also happened to see the note of Pros and Cons if she chose to leave meds school.. she is really trying to continue be a doctor to not disappoint her mom.. i think he admires her for that.

I remember and I think I said it in some comment: They included that as an extra bit to the drama. Then why even make romance central and it is central as much as saving the hospital from being torn down.

7 hours ago, strongtower said:

guess one has to be freed off from debt to be able to cross the line :D

Good one. :D

2 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

he's so beautiful, is he even a human?? 

Haha! I love reading these thoughts, sometimes reading what you guys have to say is more entertaining than the drama.

1 hour ago, Linwe said:

, the gang just turned up late to the show and got all the credit!

The next two eps are sure to be jam packed!

Did they? SWJ knows that Dr. Bae is involved, the look.

CEJ is the only one who thinks the gang did it :) the other gang guys tells the gang, we didnt apologize coz of u guys 

Totally agree about lots of ground to cover in 2hours.

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

Oddball Project KSB’s medical condition?

SWJ asks for a hint and KSB gives him the files of the project and says this has more than enough hint for u. Btw one question out of the two offered is gone. SWJ can only ask one more question of Sabu :)

@Adelle_not_the_singer i really tried hard to quote you but for some reason the option didnt show up. I love ur line and that makes sense. It also adds to my gripes... let the girl be the saviour once... why should men do all the saving? The show tries to fight sexism through CEJ but it in itself is so sexist with regard to how it has built CEJ.

Anyway... i can keep cribbing and the show will continue doing what it likes :D 

I cant stop watching though, as I need some drama madness in my life even if I both love and hate the drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi! I've been lurking a lot but seeing some of the discussions here i can't help but wanting to contribute my two cents worth into the hat. 

First with regards on CEJ and how she manage to still pass on. I think on earlier episode when Dr. Kim was scouting, her supervisor did mention that she was brilliant in class and research papers just surgery was her major flaw. She might have issues at time in theater but it shows that she managed to move on by passing her exams. Besides, given her and SWJ's arc it was never hinted how long they took to get to that level. So i don't think it's that controversial. 

Secondly, CEJ and SWJ's path have always crossed from medical school until Doldam. I think SWJ have always had a crush on her and it probably stemmed from their fierce rivalry in med school and later on how he was always the one carrying her when she passed out due to her anxieties but given his baggage (the debt, personal trauma, whistle-blowing incident etc) he built a wall around himself so that she would not get dragged down as like what Dr Yang implied to CEJ in the latest episode. CEJ on her end probably did not thought much of it because of her upbringing and always fighting the stereotype pushed to her as a female. But TBH i find this slow burn romance pretty interesting maybe because it's more realistic? I mean it starts with friendship and trust .. haha or maybe cos i just love their bickering HAHAHA. 

Third, on Chairman Yeo's DNR and Kim Sabu going against it. I thought that was brilliant and i loved every minute of it because it shows the real inner struggle of a healthcare professional. You save so many lives and yet you can't save your own loved ones. It's actually something real that a lot of healthcare personnel go thru. One of the nursing lecturer shared in our lecture session a similar story of how she couldn't save her own father when he fell ill and apologized to him before he passed away that she couldn't save him. On a more personal note, my grandfather had stroke and he actually refused to go to hospital because he felt he was ready to move on but as a family, it's not easy to let go and they did all the possible treatment which was against his wishes and he was pretty upset with us. My aunt was a doctor even though she was a gynae but it was a hard dilemma she had to faced more then me because she was the daughter. So to cut it short it was a scene that i totally can relate to and i find that it's nice to see it being portrayed in a medical drama which we don't see very often. 

Anyway, i'm gonna miss this drama when it ends next week. I hope Dr Yang gets the punishment he deserved. He's definitely the scumbag in the whole drama more then Dr. Park. Prof Shim should stay on in Doldam. I think her character is similar to what CEJ went thru, they had to fight thru the sexism which is very pronounced in Asia which is why she is very skeptical. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

In lieu of the most recent episodes...

I liked the arch about KSB going against CY's DNR. I also liked that PET not entirely sure if that was the right thing to do. I mean, before YAR (accidently) diagnosed CY, only KSB and PET was aware of his illness, so PET is probably very clear about CY's wishes. However, I'm not satisfied with how PET was portrayed in that resuscitation scene. If I were in PET's shoes, watching KSB going against the DNR will give me these major thoughts/ feelings. The first would be helplessness - as all of them were in that moment to process the dilemma of resuscitating CY or not; the next would shoc - as KSB pushed aside the DNR; then determination - continue with compression until CY is revived; thus next would be relief - because they succeeded to keep CY alive but lastly there is guilt for crossing the line. I think having PET freeze in that moment is not the best interpretation of that scene as we know how loyal PET is. And for PET to wonder about whether KSB did the right thing individually was also strange as I always view the core Doldam team collectively. So, with PET, it did not feel right.

The resolution of SWJ's arc with the thugs felt like lazy storywriting. That many, many years of agony is resolved just like that? I'd rather have the whistleblowing incident to be the core burden on SWJ's shoulders.

CEJ is redeemed (of sorts). It was satisfying to see her knock YHJ's head. But personally I prefer her shoving him into his seat or  throwing water to his face or something like that. It is a norm in k-drama to see the head being hit, but that should not be encouraged. I still can't understand if it is possible to to reach a fellow status if she kept having problems in the OT. They seem to want this character to be a bit of an airhead, maybe because SWJ is so dark and gloomy. It's good that CEJ is finding her own voice instead of being a pushover. Even SHJ was quite impressed with her in the OT.

SHJ was annoying at first. Especially when she kept mentioning table death. But she is growing at me, especially when she expressed her doubt about the WPW situation. It was sad seeing how her final efforts to revive the VIP was almost a lonely battle (some assistance from SWJ and OMS but nothing prom PMG, YHJ and the male nurse). I wish we had more insights about the kind of person she is. The teeny weeny crumble about a 3-year-old table death does not satisfy my curiosity.

I don't get PMG at all. He is not entirely on board with DYW, so I expected him to be somewhat honorable. But he has demonstrated premature concern over the POSSIBILITY of patient death repeatedly, when treatment options have yet to be exhausted. Yet, when his right-hand (wo)man cautioned him over the WPW risk, did he listened? What was he so eager about? What kind of edge that a successful VIP operation would bring to him over KSB? What is he trying to prove? At least DYM is a consistent a******, dammit!

On a side note, it appears that DIB will be in Doldam for some sort of auditing capacity? In the preview it seems like he an another guy is questioning the people in Doldam. It's sad to think while YSJ and KDJ were mentioned for the trauma centre, DIB was not. As for his relationship with YAR, I hope she is not a blood/step sibling because that would be tragic for DYW lol... She called him oppa, so not a senior junior relationship.

However, the most disappointing thing about S2 is about how half-baked the writing was. In terms of character development, medical content etc. It is weaker than S1. So this we are only 2 episodes away from the ending, I feel like it will feel rushed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Only reason why I am watching the last two episodes is to see SWJ CROSS THE #^£* LINE!!

I have so many different scenarios in my head how this whole  SWJ and CROSSING the ¥#<* LINE thing gonna play out.

i wish next episode CEJ will just outright tell SWJ it’s okay he can stay on the line. She will be the one who will come over and CROSS THE #¥%? LINE!!!! 
SOMEBODY plsss cross the #^£*!!!!!!
Jaebal!!!

:heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, nmea said:

I have so many different scenarios in my head how this whole  SWJ and CROSSING the ¥#<* LINE thing gonna play out.

i wish next episode CEJ will just outright tell SWJ it’s okay he can stay on the line. She will be the one who will come over and CROSS THE #¥%? LINE!!!! 
SOMEBODY plsss cross the #^£*!!!!!!
Jaebal!!!

:heart:

I like that! I hope she take charge and just pull him by the neck for a big smooch. Enough of the staring already! 

Yet I feel irritated about how passive aggressive SWJ is! He tries to be gentlemanly and not “cross the line” but he kisses her without permission. Is this considered romantic in SK? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

I like that! I hope she take charge and just pull him by the neck for a big smooch. Enough of the staring already! 

Yet I feel irritated about how passive aggressive SWJ is! He tries to be gentlemanly and not “cross the line” but he kisses her without permission. Is this considered romantic in SK? 

I am SUPER irritated that once I see SWJ’s face I melt hahahhaha

I feel you CEJ girl.

But if I were in her shoes I would probably have lost all my will and marbles and just grabbed SWJ!! :tounge_xd::heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3