Cao Jun Xiang as Chu Xiuyuan
Ke Nai Yu as Shen Xin
Lu Jia as Rou Rou
Liu Yin Jun
Xu Yi Wen as Qing Qiu
You Cong as Xiao Cong
Jiang Hao Yang as Yuan'er

Synopsis:

A notorious general and an aristocrat's daughter hold each other's hands to spend a lifetime together whilst protecting what's precious to them.

Shen Jin (Tang Min) grew up in luxury as a member of the royal family. After the emperor decrees an arranged marriage, she is married off to a general who defends the borders. Although she falls in love with her husband, general Chu Xiu Ming (Caesar Wu), at first sight, she finds it difficult to blend in.

Shen Jin gradually sheds her spoiled and entitled attitude and becomes a force to be reckoned with. With her unconventional methods, she solves many of the army's problems and comes to earn their trust and respect. However, there has been a shakeup in the imperial courts and the Chu army becomes a target. Shen Jin's parents are held hostage against their will while Shen Jin receives orders to act as a spy for the emperor. Can the married couple weather the storms to find happiness and peace?

(ChineseDrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

General's Lady 将军家的小娘子 Weibo

General's Lady 将军家的小娘子 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for the stills. Arranged/forced/contract marriage is one of my top favorite plot. Will watch it.

Other dramas about general's love story:

General and I (Wallace Chung and Angelababy)
The Sleepless Princess (Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan)
General's Lady (Caesar Wu and Tang Min)
Jin Xin Si Yu (Tan Song Yun and Wallace Chung)

As a hopeless romantic idiot, I'm gonna watch them all:P

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, today is the day!:D

You can watch ep 1 and ep 2 here but there is no English subtitles yet.

But if you can understand Filipino/ German/ Italian/ Japanese/ Malay/ Nepali/ Thai/ Turkish/ Vietnamese, you can open the subtitle since there are subtitles with those languages in the videos.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] General's Lady 将军家的小娘子

Episode 5 is so funny. It’s like Mulan.

Spoiler

Shen Jin is angry that the General wanted to divorce her so she followed him to the army camp and enrolled as a soldier. When they were training weights, Bao Zi Tou who is the trainer gave her two sacks of cotton wool to carry, and when they were practising fighting, he purposely lost to her. Of course she had problem bathing and sleeping among the men, like Mulan. And because everyone knew she was a woman, they all ran from the room when she came in to sleep there ... so funny ... :joy:

Very enjoyable drama, so hard to wait for new episodes ...

Generals's Lady, I think the story plot, acting, the leads, sets, costume all are very nice. but i dont get the fast pacing. FL lead declared her love at ep 4 and ML finally gave in Episode 8. But in between there is not much reason why FL falls in love so fast. feels really weird. Begiining of episode 4 she still want to barter trade with him when he asked for help with the lock. end of Episode 4 she not only like him but fell in love. Ehmmm....Sorry, a bit lost here, their emotions fluactuate so much, i feel lost. one moment she is so spoilt and noisy and next she turn thoughtful, one moment he want to divorce at her and next they are having a meal together hmmmm....bad story writing maybe.

But the acting is good. FL character actually very annoying (rather spoilt and she thinks of all sort illogical childish solutions), again i am a bit lost but acted by this actress it is quite acceptable. She looks pretty and adorable. ML character is more consistent, cool protective loyal and then he warms up and be gentle with her. so far it works well on his part. And they look good together. but the CP feel has not reached Sleepless Princess level i would say.

I actually dont enjoy the comedic bit of rou rou having separated with sut sut and she doesnt allow intimacy between the FL and ML. i find it quite tiring to watch. and the double dating and double action by putting them in the same frame (eg roof scene in episode 9)....i dont really enjoy that. i prefer to see the ML and FL develop their relationship and just focus on them with the sides as fillers. Hope they dont do many of that anymore. and hope this is a build up to a strong relationship where she uses her intelligence to help him overcome their enemy and without too much unnecessary angst. Hope everything will make more sense as the drama progress.

23 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Generals's Lady, I think the story plot, acting, the leads, sets, costume all are very nice. but i dont get the fast pacing. FL lead declared her love at ep 4 and ML finally gave in Episode 8. But in between there is not much reason why FL falls in love so fast. feels really weird. Begiining of episode 4 she still want to barter trade with him when he asked for help with the lock. end of Episode 4 she not only like him but fell in love. Ehmmm....Sorry, a bit lost here, their emotions fluactuate so much, i feel lost. one moment she is so spoilt and noisy and next she turn thoughtful, one moment he want to divorce at her and next they are having a meal together hmmmm....bad story writing maybe.

But the acting is good. FL character actually very annoying (rather spoilt and she thinks of all sort illogical childish solutions), again i am a bit lost but acted by this actress it is quite acceptable. She looks pretty and adorable. ML character is more consistent, cool protective loyal and then he warms up and be gentle with her. so far it works well on his part. And they look good together. but the CP feel has not reached Sleepless Princess level i would say.

I actually dont enjoy the comedic bit of rou rou having separated with sut sut and she doesnt allow intimacy between the FL and ML. i find it quite tiring to watch. and the double dating and double action by putting them in the same frame (eg roof scene in episode 9)....i dont really enjoy that. i prefer to see the ML and FL develop their relationship and just focus on them with the sides as fillers. Hope they dont do many of that anymore. and hope this is a build up to a strong relationship where she uses her intelligence to help him overcome their enemy and without too much unnecessary angst. Hope everything will make more sense as the drama progress.

I agree with the pacing at ep 4- it moves very quickly. however, in the description of the drama, it is described as love at first sight so I just kind of accept it and go with it..haha. I have really enjoyed this drama so far. There’s a slow build to the relationship in so many dramas whereas there’s 30 episodes of this one so at least it seems like we will get more sweet moments. 

So far so good eh... Really enjoying it. So up to episode 12 and all misunderstanding get quickly resolved say in 1 to 2 episode. No angst caused second female or male lead or stupid misunderstandings. Phew!!! They are so super sweet but not pink sweet rather emotional sweet, especially ML i m getting diabetic watching him giving her vows. Melt. It is like every episode i feel laughing, crying n melting in the one episode. Hahaha

3 hours ago, ILoveDramas said:

I agree with the pacing at ep 4- it moves very quickly. however, in the description of the drama, it is described as love at first sight so I just kind of accept it and go with it..haha. I have really enjoyed this drama so far. There’s a slow build to the relationship in soales many dramas whereas there’s 30 episodes of this one so at least it seems like we will get more sweet moments. 

Archived