[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

I was wondering how can this thread be so quiet for such a wonderful drama. Didn't realise it has progressed to page 2. Sth still not very right with my thread. Normally it will go straight to the latest page. But this time it stays with page 1:blink:

On 8/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I laughed like crazy when JianJian happily & proudly announced to all the men in her life at dinner table that she had her first period finally. Omg! The look on the boys face was hilarious and the silent awkwardness ensued ... then to break the awkwardness, ZiQiu (Steven Zhang) whistle blow on LingXiao leaving something JianJian room secretly.  Jianjian rushed to her room and came out proudly showing everyone that LingXiao bought her a lacy bra. :joy:  

@cheekychipmunk_stv  This shows that Ling Xiao has always been aware that Jian Jian is a woman. Not just a sister.  He always has great affections for her, as a friend

On 8/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, Dundee said:

The little girl is adorable, and her acting is wonderful

@Dundee  Yes. Yes.  The little girl is irrestible.  She will grow up to be a great Actress one day.  But the other 2 boys are equally good. The director has chosen well

Spoiler

Ep 7 is a bit slow. But Ep 8 picks up again. I especially like the scene in ep 8 - when the 2 boys were leaving to take their college entrance exam.  Jian Jian bought both Red Underwears.  And have to check that they are wearing it, before they left for the exam. So cute:lol:

On 8/13/2020 at 12:38 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I seriously hate the boys parents except LingXiao father. His mom now comes back and wants to rebuild their relationship after she gave him away to JianJian like an unwanted toy. ZiQiu parents the worst. Now that they have established themselves they want to claim him back. :rage:  JianJian father did all the hard work in raising these kids like his own and now that they are grown up, the parents   appear.

@cheekychipmunk_stv  Couldn't agree more.  Ling Xiao's mum just leaves and returns as she wishes. Even if she had had Depression before, she has no right to behave like that.  She didn't even realise that Ling Xiao is still struggling with the past: having nightmares and insomnia.

1) She is the one who caused Ling Xiao's younger sister's death. She was busy playing mahjong outside and left the two children at home. For safety, she locked the house door. When the little girl choked on the walnut, Ling Xiao was unable to go out for help

2) She should not bring along her new daughter and expect Ling Xiao to accept and love her. I'm surprised Ling Xiao can just forgive her like that. But then he has always been a good boy.

Well, from ep 10 (tonight) onwards, this drama will enter a new phase and story-proper. I'm looking forward to it

A side info: The Kiss scene under the tree has been revealed on page 1.  I just want to add that the scene was filmed, watched by Hundreds Of Students!!  Not easy to be an actor.  My hats off to both Tan Songyun and Song Wei Long - for being strong under pressure

• Like 8

11 hours ago, taekwang said:

oic

today only 1 episode aired! no wonder how many times i refresh, there's no ep 10 !!!!!

I was v sad when they, the 2 boys, grew up and then bc of their reasons left the youngest sister jian jian and the father who brought them up. I cant wait for ep 10 tomorrow !

EH? I only got up to episode 7 on Youtube! Waiting on the later episodes.

I'm really surprised this drama isn't more popular! There's something really enticing about the drama. The child actors were all really good. 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I laughed like crazy when JianJian happily & proudly announced to all the men in her life at dinner table that she had her first period finally. Omg! The look on the boys face was hilarious and the silent awkwardness ensued ... then to break the awkwardness, ZiQiu (Steven Zhang) whistle blow on LingXiao leaving something JianJian room secretly.  Jianjian rushed to her room and came out proudly showing everyone that LingXiao bought her a lacy bra. :joy:  

I also thought it was hilarious!! I was like "?!?! Is that something to congratulate someone about?"

• Like 3

Some previews:

Ooo ... that is one cute hug. Seven is so tiny ... she looks so light in his arms. Hahaha ... JJ is so clueless what is doing to poor LX. :joy:

So swoony ... the way he just declared that. That boy knows what he wants in his life. JJ is his for life. Kekeke

@hush puppy ... this boy is more than aware JJ is a woman. He wants her. Now that he clearly declares his thoughts and intention to her, we can recall clearly the way he looks at her fondly and always indulge her is definitely not brotherly. :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

So swoony ... the way he just declared that. That boy knows what he wants in his life. JJ is his for life. Kekeke

@hush puppy ... this boy is more than aware JJ is a woman. He wants her. Now that he clearly declares his thoughts and intention to her, we can recall clearly the way he looks at her fondly and always indulge her is definitely not brotherly. :joy:

@cheekychipmunk_stv I know. That's why I said what I said. Love don't bloom between brother and sister. It has to start from friendship. He has always love her.

Remember at ep 3? Jian Jian mentioned to her classmate that when they are still little?  Jian Jian asked Ling Xiao's father to be her godfather, and Ling Xiao to be her brother?  Ling Xiao opposed and even knelt down to propose to her. And then they had a "mobbed-up" little ceremony of bethrothal.  His love for her has existed since then. So very cute.

All actors and actresses have done well in this drama.   And especially so for Song Wei Long.  Since he is only 20 years old when they filmed this drama.  He is also the least experienced actor.  Both Songyun and Steven are from Acting Academies.  SWL learns as he goes along

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

LOL but JJ thought he was crazy

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I just finished watching ep 10.  

Spoiler

1) Ziqiu's mother is another idiot. She is doing well now but does not want her son anymore. Just came back to give Jian Jian's father some money and advise him to let her son follow his father back overseas to further his studies. Although it does make sense. Saves Jian Jian's father from further expenses. (But these people are just taking advantage of a kind man)

2) Ling Xiao is so handsome today. Especially when he is in a Black Sweater, in the hospital in Singapore.  He looks like a Comic Character, who just came out from a comic book. Especially his eyes and the long eye-lashes

3) Ling Xiao's uncle is another irritating character. He does not want to take care of his sister (Ling Xiao's mother). Because he wants to avoid the financial outlay.  So he very cleverly asked Ling Xiao to do it. When Ling Xiao refused, he dig out the past.   Accuse him of being a "cold-blooded animal" and the cause of all of her mother's problems - by causing the death of his younger sister.

(Oh really?  Isn't his sister "cold-blooded" when she left young Ling Xiao?  Ah relatives.  They can be such a pain in the....   at times)

4) Of course the highlight and the most light-hearted moment is when Jian Jian talks to Ling Xiao over the phone; and when she rushes & jumps up to him as he returns from Singapore.

Happy watching everybody.  The separations are coming tomorrow

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I just finished watching ep 10.  

Hide contents

1) Zeqiu's mother is another idiot. She is doing well now but does not want her son anymore. Just came back to give Jian Jian's father some money and advise him to let her son follow his father back overseas to further his studies. Although it does make sense. Saves Jian Jian's father from further expenses. (But these people are just taking advantage of a kind man)

2) Ling Xiao is so handsome today. Especially when he is in a Black Sweater, in the hospital in Singapore.  He looks like a Comic Character, who just came out from a comic book. Especially his eyes and the long eye-lashes

3) Ling Xiao's uncle is another irritating character. He does not want to take care of his sister (Ling Xiao's mother). Asked Ling Xiao to take care of her. When Ling Xiao refused, he dig out the past.   Accuse him of being not being filial and the cause of all of her mother's problems - by causing the death of his younger sister.

(Ah relatives.  They can be such a pain in the....   at times)

4) Of course the highlight and the most light-hearted moment is when Jian Jian rushed up to Ling Xiao as he returns from Singapore.

Happy watching everybody.  The separations are coming tomorrow

Actually LingXiao didn't caused the death of his little sister. It was his mom. She locked them up in house so that she went out to play mahjong with friends and donhave to look after them or worry about them running outside house. Lingxiap sister wanted to eat walnuts and he gave it to her and she got choked by it (I think). LingXiao tried to get help but couldn't as door was locked by the mother. He had to watch his sister die in front of him. They never got that poor boy some counselling for his trauma. His mother got depression from it probably due to her guilt and has the chick to accuse LQ for causing his sister death and even hated the sight of him. She even said "why your sister had to die and not you?" If I recall correctly. What an awful mom! That uncle of his is horrible.  How can he say such things to LQ. LQ owes his mom nothing at all. She dumped him like a piece of garbage when he was just 7 or 9 years old.  He has no responsibility to even look after her. 

• Like 4

I am loving this drama beyond words, I'm not even skipping the credits at the start or end because they're so emotional even on their own, but there's something that's niggling at me. As I was watching ep 6 today, it struck me that there isn't a single adult female character with any redeeming qualities (yet.. hope springs eternal).

A good female character doesn't negate the importance, the love, and support of the two dads. I'm glad they're representing the two dads as completely capable of raising a loving family - kudos to the production and the censors for gifting us this dynamic!

Ziqiu's aunt seems to be turning around, it's good that she seems to take feedback and is supportive in a constructive manner. Her growth is encouraging, as a positive model in the drama's ecosystem.

• Like 4

Likely to be LX :D

In Ep. 7, I was so touched to see Dad Ling come back in the middle of a work day to support Dad Lee because he was worried that he won’t be able to handle ZQ’s Father who had come to claim him. And he purposely introduced Dad Ling as a policeman, to imply that he had the law on his side and would not be intimidated. And how Dad Ling refused to leave even though he was supposed to be “just the neighbour” and “not related to ZQ”. The closeness of this family unit really adds a new dimension to the definition of the word “family”. Very heart-warming drama, and very natural performances from the 3 kids, childhood and teenage versions. 

• Like 5

Some more official pics from weibo:wub::wub:

This grandma is one of a kind.  The whole family of LX- his mom, grandma, uncle are all very selfish and they loose talk very much and i feel LX is abused by them all.  

sIjCjE3.jpg

iWygbCp.jpg

R97vdDt.jpg

Spoiler

j4ik1qC.jpg

kDs5AgM.jpg

hbCVy3H.jpg

AJQM9kt.jpg

bLnyGss.jpg

i8vzwSi.jpg

7DkGFHu.jpg

XfV0F6G.jpg

RlkzdBc.jpg

L35fyCW.jpg

cr: weibo

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I just finished watching ep 11. 

Spoiler

It's so heart-wrenching. I cried. After 10 years of companionship, happiness and carefree days, they have to part - for the first time. And it will be 9years before they meet again.  Jian Jian's classmate and neighbours are so careless with their remarks. Being concerned with real understanding, is different from being Plain Nosy. Gossips is another thing.

Ling Xiao's father gave Ling Xiao's uncle a mouthful over the phone saying: "You as an adult cannot take care of your sister.  You asked a teenager to take care of her?  Every one of you is so Selfish"  (I agree with every word he said.  They are not only selfish.  They are also very "scheming". Even the old grandmother)

I read that Ling Xiao's mother will scheme and deceive Ling Xiao - to prevent him from returning to Jian Jian.  I wish Ling Xiao can be more Firm with his mother and her family.  And we viewers will have to brace ourselves for more crying to come.:cries3:

Just finished ep 12

Spoiler

Jian Jian takes the departure of her 2 brothers very badly. She said she realised that that her 2 brothers can never be her real brothers. Why - if ever her father or her is hospitalised for surgery, they can't even sign on the consent documents. (Quite true. But then Ling Xiao wiil never want to be her brother.  He wants to marry her)

When Ling Xiao called upon reaching Singapore, Jian Jian refused to talk to him.

But she made a video conference call to both brothers on the first Chinese New Year. 

When JJ reports to University, LX called to remind her to concentrate on her studies, "don't start dating" (ah-ha)

Each time LX calls JJ, he'll ask if she has a BF. He is so worried

Eventually JJ becomes more distant, finds that she has nothing much to say to them and then avoided them totally. So I think LX secretly asked Mingyue (JJ's class monitor) to take photos of JJ with her hp and transmit to him

One thing I love about this Drama is - it does not drag.  By the concluding segment of ep 12, LX is back. He does not inform JJ or her father. He wants to give them a surprise.  Mingyue went to fetch him from the airport. I think Mingyue is secretly in love with Ling Xiao

Looking forward to ep 13 and beyond.  Because their Story will now begin.....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Lol the 2 dads are hilarious, JJ’s father busy sharing his concern and advice to the boys and each time LX’s father showed his watch to remind him that they will be late LOL.  Especially 

Spoiler

the way LX’s father told story about bird hatches other bird’s egg LOL

Although the brothers left for years, JJ’s life is quite happy with the 2 hilarious dads and her 2 best friends

• Like 5

Hi Friends!!! I am new to this forum & never posted but I have started watching the Go Ahead drama & it has totally captivated me. I am really loving this show. I have caught up to episode 11. This is my review for the show.

Cast: Firstly, the show has a stellar cast. Definitely 10/10 to the casting directors. Not only the main characters but even minor characters have been cast perfectly.

Story Plot: I love found family stories where people from different families & worlds end up making their own family. This show has certainly hit a sweet spot for this genre. Love the found family of the 2 fathers- Li Ba, Ling Ba, the 2 brothers- Ge Xiao (LX), Ge Ziqui (HZ) & the spoiled little sister- Li Jianjian (LJJ). I love their warm camaraderie & they feel like a real family in all their scenes. Also love the way they have portrayed realistically how this family has separated. Now the only plot point remaining to unfold is how they handle the reunion & adjustment when all of them are together once again & how they once again become a family once again.

Emotional Quotient: The show really has made me tear up quite a few times. The bond between the trio & their bond with Li Ba has hit the right emotional notes. Special mention has to be made for the storyline of HZ & Li Ba. Their bond is truly precious. Both care so much about each other & are willing to endure living apart to overcome the adversaries created by HZ’s biological dad. I have really teared up seeing their special bond scenes both from childhood & current timeline.

Loveline: The OST of the show has already given away that LX & LJJ will have a love line & they have set up this right from the early 2 epis. LJJ has been especially close to LX since meeting & she was the one who managed to bring out LX from his depressing world. She truly is the sun for him. I don’t think the fans need to worry about any love line between ZQ & LJJ. The way HZ & LX treat LJJ differently has been portrayed clearly. ZQ is like any other older brother that we see regularly. Dotes on his sister, is her partner in crime, goofs around with her but most importantly never sees her as a woman. She will always be his little sister.

You can clearly see the difference in how LX acts with LJJ. He notices that she is not a little girl anymore & is transforming into a woman. He is the one who has a problem with her sharing a bed with him & ZQ. Looks at her in a very intense way. He is very devoted to her. As gleefully shared by LJJ, she is his entire world. Her cuteness lifts his gloomy mood. He demands her sweet talks, photos. He is also very clear that she is the centre of his world. When his mother asks him to spare some of the affections that he shows to LJJ for his biological sister, he point blank tells her no saying that he will never spare any of his affections for LJJ with anyone. When in hospital in Singapore, his uncle asks him why he can’t stay to take care of his mom, he clearly says that he is returning home in 2 days because he misses LJJ. He never mentions his other family members just LJJ as if that is a fact of life.

So, I don’t think there will be any fights between LX & ZQ because they are competitors for LJJ. Only obstacle may be that ZQ is against their relationship as he will be afraid that it will hurt their family. From his recent conversation with Li Ba before leaving for UK,  it is clear that he is against marriage as an institution as he has only seen failed marriages in his life & therefore doesn’t want to get married. He doesn’t even want LJJ to get married because he fears that she will be hurt.

So overall I am currently in love with the show & can’t wait for the story to progress in current timeline.

• Like 4

86d9d1f536f04fe08b42804740b22d8c.jpeg

Spoiler

From the photo above, I'm inclined to think that Ziqiu's mother may marry Li Hao Chao (Jian Jian's father) after all. Otherwise she would not be in this Family Photo. 

This photo looks like it is taken when they have all finally resolved their personal issues and vanquished the demons in their lives - completely healed

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guys, this show is like next level catharsis :joy: I bawled so much watching it. Now waiting for subs for ep 12. Hope the story stays great as is until the end! And also very glad that the show is doing great in terms of ratings and audience reception!

• Like 3
  • Love 1