[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

I enjoy this a lot. The 3 main characters have great chemistry and there's never a dull moment on this drama unlike some. There's a good mix of heartwarming family moments as well as some light hearted ones. 

I know they're not blood related but it kind of bothers me that there's a love line later..? 'Cause it seemed incestuous LoL. I mean you grow up with 2 guys who you accept as brothers and then have romantic feelings errr....      

5 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Can you blame him? He isn't even on 1st base yet and JJ declared that she has a boyfriend.  Hahaha ... LX went on a panic n jealousy mode. He still has to settle his psycho mother n possessive sister. He is running short on time. So many things to do before that boyfriend score a 2nd base with JJ. He has to prevent that boy's lips from touching his precious JJ.

:joy:

@cheekychipmunk_stv  I love this!:lol:

I just finished eps 21 & 22. As I've always said. I love this drama because it does not drag. Things get resolved pretty fast.  

Ep 21:  I'm glad Ling Xiao does not ask MY for a lift to the airport. If he does, then he is wrong i.e. giving the wrong signals to MY. Or like @pad-hari  says "using her".  But he isn't.

MY has been doing all these voluntarily.  LX wants to call a cab.  But MY is already waiting for him infront of their condo.

Ep 22: Here we get to see the "Flashback" of JJ pulling down ZQ's pants. Back in Singapore, LX is having problems with his mother. As usual she withold his documents again.  LX's mobile phone was spoilt when his mom tried to seize it from him. Even her grown-up daughter also despise her now.

JJ misses him every minute.  LX didn't come back on the booked flight. JJ  was disappointed beyond consolation. 

LX missed the ceremony for JJ's deceased mother. After that JJ got herself drunk.  It is so obvious that she has subconsciously  "loves" LX all these while.

LX asked his dad to pass a message to JJ - that he will be on a late flight. But as usual his dad is too busy with work to remember.

Towards the concluding portion of ep 22, LX came back. Knelt down to pay respect to JJ's late mother.  Then rushes off to see JJ.

JJ was asleep yet half-conscious.  LX was looking fondly at her. He took his First Kiss - on her forehead.  (Thanks goodness MY saw it.  I said Thank Goodness.  So that MY can stop her day dream; stop harassing LX.  I think MY's feeling towards LX is an Idol type of affections - admirations. Not the kind of Love between a Man and a Woman)

LX was about to kiss JJ on her Lips when she dreamily opens her eyes.  She was half-aware, yet embarrassed and roll over - refusing to speak to LX. LX left.  Episode ends....

Again I'm waiting impatiently for tomorrow.....

Note:  I can't help but feel that LX's female colleague - Dentist Feng is also having a crush on LX.  I hope she does not create any problems in future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I enjoy this a lot. The 3 main characters have great chemistry and there's never a dull moment on this drama unlike some. There's a good mix of heartwarming family moments as well as some light hearted ones. 

I know they're not blood related but it kind of bothers me that there's a love line later..? 'Cause it seemed incestuous LoL. I mean you grow up with 2 guys who you accept as brothers and then have romantic feelings errr....      

I don't feel that way about it. It's like you grow up with your childhood friends and they are your best buddy. Then you fall in love with later when all of you have grown up and realised your feelings for each other.

There's nothing incestuous about it.  LX is her neighbour upstairs. JJ is the one who chased after LX when she was little.  She fell in love with little  LX at first sight. :joy: Kept pestering him like a gum. For LX, JJ was never his sister and he never view her that way even when he was little.  He has already decided JJ is going to be his wife. :joy: Even when he was a teenager,  his behaviour is never that of a brother but more like an indulgent boyfriend. For LX,  JJ is his world, light and universe. For JJ, LX is more than a brother to her. U can see how she treats LX and ZQ. Very different.  Since childhood,  JJ &  LX has a very special bond with each other since they were little that even ZQ admit that he can't insert himself in.

JJ treats ZQ more like a brother. And for ZQ, he has already mark JJ as his little sister to protect for life the day he met her. Currently he was mislead by his friend into thinking he has fallen for JJ. 

9 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@cheekychipmunk_stv  I love this!:lol:

I just finished eps 21 & 22. As I've always said. I love this drama because it does not drag. Things get resolved pretty fast.  

Ep 21:  I'm glad Ling Xiao does not ask MY for a lift to the airport. If he does, then he is wrong i.e. giving the wrong signals to MY. Or like @pad-hari  says "using her".  But he isn't.

MY has been doing all these voluntarily.  LX wants to call a cab.  But MY is already waiting for him infront of their condo.

Do you think JJ kissed her boyfriend? He wanted to kiss her at the park but she went "woah...hold on there cowboy."  Then the boyfriend ask her to kiss him instead and plucked up his lips for it. The show only zoom in on JJ bending down and cut! 

So I'm wondering if she did kiss him. If she did, LX is gonna be so jealous that he might just sand off the boyfriend's lips :joy::joy:  So will ZQ out of brotherly possessiveness. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On 8/23/2020 at 10:22 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I have to agree with @cheekychipmunk_stv.  Why should it be incestuous???  They are not even blood-related.  And I feel a love which develops like this is even better: they know each other well.  And in this drama, the love is between Ling Xiao and JJ.  They are neighbours.

Sorry @Latte_Anyday I don't mean you.  But it is only "incestuous"  & "dirty" in the minds of people who think so.  This happens a lot in Life  and creates a lot of unnecessary problems for others

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Do you think JJ kissed her boyfriend? He wanted to kiss her at the park but she went "woah...hold on there cowboy."  Then the boyfriend ask her to kiss him instead and plucked up his lips for it. The show only zoom in on JJ bending down and cut! 

So I'm wondering if she did kiss him. If she did, LX is gonna be so jealous that he might just sand off the boyfriend's lips :joy::joy:  So will ZQ out of brotherly possessiveness. :joy:

@cheekychipmunk_stv  Honestly, I'm not in the least interested in JJ's boyfriend:blink:

• LOL 2

35 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I don't feel that way about it. It's like you grow up with your childhood friends and they are your best buddy. Then you fall in love with later when all of you have grown up and realised your feelings for each other.

There's nothing incestuous about it.  LX is her neighbour upstairs. JJ is the one who chased after LX when she was little.  She fell in love with little  LX at first sight. :joy: Kept pestering him like a gum. For LX, JJ was never his sister and he never view her that way even when he was little.  He has already decided JJ is going to be his wife. :joy: Even when he was a teenager,  his behaviour is never that of a brother but more like an indulgent boyfriend. For LX,  JJ is his world, light and universe. For JJ, LX is more than a brother to her. U can see how she treats LX and ZQ. Very different.  Since childhood,  JJ &  LX has a very special bond with each other since they were little that even ZQ admit that he can't insert himself in.

JJ treats ZQ more like a brother. And for ZQ, he has already mark JJ as his little sister to protect for life the day he met her. Currently he was mislead by his friend into thinking he has fallen for JJ. 

I agree with u JJ and LX In teenage years LX did things that showed that he saw he more than a sister like buying her a bra (lol) telling her he'd marry her when he kicked her out of his bed or when he took her to the dentist His eyes when he looked at her gave his feelings away He always saw her as his light and if she didn't meet him I could picture him becoming depressed and having mental issue due to his mom JJ does act differently with LX 

I really don't think ZQ likes JJ more than brotherly affections and that his friend made him confused about his feeling and that his mother not wanting to contact him is making him want to have a stronger tie with JJ family because when JJ dad was talking to him he still feels like an outsider and he wants a family 

• Like 2

Just want to share this with everyone.   In ep 20, after finding out about Ling Xiao's insomnia,  JJ & MY decorated his room - so that he will feel more relaxed.  JJ placed a "Book" against his pillow.  Below are some background information on that book, including the full text of the verse which JJ read out partly.

This book was published in 2007, two years earlier than "Starry Sky". It is known as Jimmy's "hand-drawn image" dream work. Drawing a flower every day symbolizes dreams and expectations, and is a display of vitality . There is an actor in the book, accompanied by a bunny and a little girl. They use extremely imaginative pictures and simple and profound language to guide everyone in the author's rich inner world.

There are a few passages in this book, which I particularly like and fit the plot of "In the Name of Family". They are recorded here: I

[breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze]

"finally understand that one person cannot resist everything.
Sometimes the shadow of a white cloud can be suffocating.
The wind gently blows away the shadows, and the bird easily carries away the white clouds.
What breeze can do, I may not be able to do it.
What the bird can do, I may not be able to do it.
What you can do, I may not be able to do it.

The ocean is getting farther and farther, and the land is getting closer.
Yesterday is getting farther and farther, tomorrow is getting closer and closer.
Spring is getting farther and farther, and autumn is getting closer and closer.
Childhood is getting farther and farther, and troubles are getting closer and closer.
The truth is getting farther and farther, and the lies are getting closer.
The holidays are getting farther and farther, and the depression is getting closer and closer.
When I really understood this truth, I
was really frightened!
Let's start running away!

Man is not a fish, how can one understand the sorrow of fish.
Fish are not birds, how can they understand the happiness of birds.
Birds are not people, how can they understand the absurdity of people.
People are not birds, how can they understand the freedom of birds.
Birds are not fish, how can they understand the depth of fish.
Fish are not humans, how can they understand the naivety of humans.
You are not me, how can you understand me".

[breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze][breeze]

We are not Ling Xiao, how can we understand Ling Xiao’s feelings,
but I believe that in Ling Xiao’s heart, the flower that belongs to him will bloom

• Like 6
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Another preview EP 22

Omg!!!

Hide contents

Oh my, oh my .... LX did indeed kissed her on her lips once. The 2nd time, he hesitated and was caught by JJ. Hahaha ... her reaction is super cute n funny.  That's really a realistic reaction. :joy:

And yes ... LX-JJ song "You are my everything " came on when LX kissed JJ.

Oh dear, MY saw LX kissed JJ. Hope she will not accused JJ of stealing LX from her or hate JJ or accuse JJ of pretending not knowing that LX likes her and yet JJ tried to matchmake her with LX

I so wanna smack the little sister but I'm so for her in dissing her mom. They should just let the mom rot. She has zero sympathy. 

Preview ep 23

Hide contents

ZQ mom is really horrible person. I hope JJ father don't end up with her. She is so selfish.

Poor ZQ have lousy parents.  Lucky he got Papa Li.

I think he kissed her in the cheek and MY saw it.

LOL JJ thought it was a dream and continue sleeping was very funny :lol:

Yeah i don’t like the little sister, but it’s surprising she’s quite rebellious towards her mother and her attitude towards her brother also not warm as it used to be. It seems she lived in an unhappy environment

• Like 4

On 8/20/2020 at 6:45 AM, tothestars said:

Hi! Long time no see! Found you in here!

I am up to ep 9, really love this drama, i love LHC the most! What a father! i cant help crying watching LHC break down emotionally drunk talking about his two sons, he really love and proud of ZQ and LX!

Love all the cast include the child actor, so natural! Hopefully the plot stay strong until ep 40! 

Hiiiii!! I've been lurking haha. I agree with you, these actors, the writing, the production - they're all on another level! I love how this drama makes me feel like i'm right there with them - it's not many that accomplish this.

I know the drama is getting some criticism about it veering away from the family as the core of the story, but I think it's very much in tune with that Li Dad told ZQ... as you grow older, your family changes, and that's exactly what we're seeing. Also hoping it remains strong for the long-haul, but so far, so great! 

I love, love, love this so much!! I'm glad you're enjoying it too!!

• Like 5

I found out that this drama has bad mothers.. One is crazy LX's mom and the other one is selfish ZQ's mom.. I wonder how LX manage to persuade her mom (after she smashed the phone) and come back to China .. and as for ZQ mom.. episode 23 preview makes me pissed.. how can she soo selfish.. ZQ is eager to meet his mom but he never knew his mom truth character.. this makes me sad .. i don't want him to be hurt... 

I really can't wait for ep 23 ... cheesy moment is coming.. LX gonna direct pursue JJ !!! Not as his sister but GF !!!!! Future wife ??? wakakkakakakakka.. JJ gonna avoid both brother soon

• Like 5

A few days ago, Tan Songyun was interviewed and shared her understanding of the role.

Why does the script of this family drama turns into a love drama?

As for the direction of the next love scene, Tan Songyun hopes that the audience will be calm: 

"My brother and I are relatives who are not related by blood. After we become lovers, we both go back and become relatives again. This is what this scene wants to say. Yes, as long as you cherish each other and love each other, you can become a family even if you have no blood relationship."

She even "Duanshui" said that the two brothers are both good-hearted. "In the sharp heart, the big brother and the little brother are like the palms and backs of the hands both are also *meat."  (*The Chinese way of saying: both are also precious to her. They are a Family)

• Like 2

I seriously do not understand why there's a big hoo ha about this drama with romance inside. Every family drama has romance so ... why pick a big deal on this drama. Some other family drama have even worst story line than this and a lot of drama of inter-relationship like lovers realising they are step siblings, not by blood but via marriage. These kids in this drama aren't even blood related nor are step siblings.  They are individuals from 3 different family - all with different father and mother. Big brother is upstairs neighbour, 2nd brother was taken in to foster by JJ father because he sees this kid has a better chance of life than living in the countryside with no education.  They are not even related as cousins!!! 

Seriously those viewers have really unclean mind. Just because this drama is going good, they have to pull it down by stirring these nonsense. 

• Like 7

In ep 24, when ZQ confessed to JJ, she outright turned him down. However, she did not outright turndown LX and said she will consider. The fact that she did not outright rejected LX unlike ZQ shows that actually LX has a special place in her heart. Moreover when she couldn't reach LX when he returned to Singapore, she was very worried then. In one of the scenes, she was still drawing a portrait of LX subconsciously although she tried to avoid him at every opportunities. I think she really likes LX deep down in her heart, except that now she needs to think of him as a man and a boyfriend instead of a brother.

Previews for ep 25-26

Glad that LX sorted it out with MY and apologised to her.

I wonder why she bite him. :joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1