[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

No wonder no preview for ep 15 & 16 when I keep checking for it. I'm so sad.

Wow! LX is stepping up his game real fast. He drops direct hints to JJ and even looked at her the way a man look at his object of affection. He is now in hot pursuit of JJ.

Minogue is in love with LX and I think she has 1 sided crush on him since high school. The way she cried in sorrow when she learnt that he is leaving for Singapore.  :joy:

Daddy Ling is matchmaking LX & JJ.  He has a hunch that his son LX is in love with JJ. Hahaha...in any case LX didn't quite hide his feelings too. It's quite plain to see for a detective father. I think Ling Ba said to Li Ba "Let LX marry JJ as his wife."  in ep 14.

The 2 brothers are hilarious.  Both went to rent an apartment opposite JJ apartment. They always compete for JJ affection and attention.  Good to see that even after years apart, they are still very warm & brotherly towards each other.

Hahaha ... JJ gave both brothers the biggest surprise of their life. 

Ooo...look at how LX went for JJ hand so display of ownership. 

• Like 3

I love this show so much!!!

I didn't expect to be so riveted with a family show but I am.

I cried my eyes out when JJ Dad announced he was their father during ZQ birthday...that he didn't like others to say that he wasn't.

Looking forward to more episodes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

No wonder no preview for ep 15 & 16 when I keep checking for it. I'm so sad.

Wow! LX is stepping up his game real fast. He drops direct hints to JJ and even looked at her the way a man look at his object of affection. He is now in hot pursuit of JJ.

Minogue is in love with LX and I think she has 1 sided crush on him since high school. The way she cried in sorrow when she learnt that he is leaving for Singapore.  :joy:

Daddy Ling is matchmaking LX & JJ.  He has a hunch that his son LX is in love with JJ. Hahaha...in any case LX didn't quite hide his feelings too. It's quite plain to see for a detective father. I think Ling Ba said to Li Ba "Let LX marry JJ as his wife."  in ep 14.

The 2 brothers are hilarious.  Both went to rent an apartment opposite JJ apartment. They always compete for JJ affection and attention.  Good to see that even after years apart, they are still very warm & brotherly towards each other.

Hahaha ... JJ gave both brothers the biggest surprise of their life. 

Ooo...look at how LX went for JJ hand so display of ownership. 

I ship MY with ZQ. They are quite funny together and i think their different personality is complement to each other while JJ and ZQ’s personality is little bit similar.

Spoiler

It seems ZQ has abandonment issue while LX was abused mentally by his mother.

I feel hurt for ZQ when JJ turned down the cake because of her toothache and how he practice his lines for greeting JJ.

I think besides JJ, LX’s father also have similar problem regarding awkward communication. Too bad LX didn’t try as hard as he did for JJ to fix the problem LOL

7 hours ago, Dundee said:

OMG, i can’t stop laughing LOL

Hide contents

The reunion between JJ and ZQ, biung biung LOL, these two are really funny LOL 

I saw the schedule there will be no new ep today i’m sad

No episodes today?? Ahhhh..:(

I tot every night will have 2 episodes except for fri n sat - only 1 episode 

can u share the air schedule? How do I find it?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Lodestar said:

I don’t think there will be any fights between LX & ZQ because they are competitors for LJJ.

I have a doubt about this.  When ZQ wanted to surprise JJ about his opening the new cafe, he told that isnt it romantic setting he did for her, but she felt that its creepy.  

I think he is in for the competition with LX.  I hope the story does not go that way.  Love triangle ATW.  

I like MQ with ZQ.  they are cute.  There was a scene when they were in high school -  LX advised her about MQ's self confidence after ZQ shouted her, she started seeing him in a different way from that day.  But previously she used to look at ZQ like that.  I was confused as to who she likes.  

But now, i feel sorry for MQ.  She is being used by LX to send her info on JJ all these years.  Can she not understand the situation as to why LX is doing this.  is she that dumb?  I think she will get hurt when she comes to know about his love for JJ.  I think at that time ZQ is going to rescue her from that as he knows about her crush on LX.    

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

But now, i feel sorry for MQ.  She is being used by LX to send her info on JJ all these years.  Can she not understand the situation as to why LX is doing this.  is she that dumb?  I think she will get hurt when she comes to know about his love for JJ.  I think at that time ZQ is going to rescue her from that as he knows about her crush on LX.    

Hi @pad-hari.  Ling Xiao is not using Mingyue (Moon).  MY does it voluntarily because she is secretly in love with him. LX knows that MY is JJ's best friend and is always with her. So is the best person to update him on JJ.  LX will be away for years and don't know when he can be back. In fact it ended up being 9 long years.  He is afraid to lose JJ to someone else.

At no time did LX tell MY that he loves her or is interested in her.

When MY accidentally bumped into Ziqiu in the empty apartment opposite, she herself mentioned to ZQ that LX is her  "An Lian" i.e. "Secret Love".  And when they all finally meet up at the ladies' apartment MY was worried that ZQ will blurt out her secret.

So it is definitely not LX's fault. He knows nothing about it.  Ling Xiao is only interested in one person and that is JJ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I have a doubt about this.  When ZQ wanted to surprise JJ about his opening the new cafe, he told that isnt it romantic setting he did for her, but she felt that its creepy.  

I think he is in for the competition with LX.  I hope the story does not go that way.  Love triangle ATW.  

ZQ did say that the surprise setting was romantic but I don't think he meant it as an actual romantic setup. He simply meant it as contradiction to LJJ's creepy setting comment. There has been no single sign of him developing any romantic feelings towards LJJ even after his return. His goal is to be her brother once again. He considers himself as Li Ba's son & LJJ's brother. He calls LX the neighbour, LOL, though they are for all intents brothers & best friends. So I am not foreseeing any one-sided love from ZQ towards LJJ.

Though that doesn't mean that he would be immediately accepting of a romantic relationship between LX & LJJ. It can go either ways- he might be happy that all his family stays within the family or he might be upset because he is negative wrt marriage & romantic relationships. It is exciting to speculate right now as there is still so much content left to be aired.

Edited by Lodestar
error
  • Like 2

A special treat :   be sure to watch till the end

Spoiler

It's sad that LX mom made him have depression. All those pills are for his anxiety and depression.  He lied to ZQ that they were vit pills. Those calls he was receiving when MY picked him up at airport were probably his mom calling him endlessly.  JJ is his safe heaven. Whenever he sees JJ, I feel that he felt his world right itself.

There's a video of them having steam boat together and ZQ pulled LX shirt by accident and he saw a burnt scar on his should. I wonder what is that all about. I couldn't understand what they said. There was a accident when LX took care of his dad and he fall down the stairs or something. 

They are so cute together.

• Like 7

I just finished watching eps 15 & 16.  Slightly better than eps 12 & 13 which I felt were a bit flat.  But not enough screen time for the two leads - my personal opinions. Otherwise, nothing impactful.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:07 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

A special treat :   be sure to watch till the end

Reveal hidden contents

It's sad that LX mom made him have depression. All those pills are for his anxiety and depression.  He lied to ZQ that they were vit pills. Those calls he was receiving when MY picked him up at airport were probably his mom calling him endlessly.  JJ is his safe heaven. Whenever he sees JJ, I feel that he felt his world right itself.

There's a video of them having steam boat together and ZQ pulled LX shirt by accident and he saw a burnt scar on his should. I wonder what is that all about. I couldn't understand what they said. There was a accident when LX took care of his dad and he fall down the stairs or something. 

They are so cute together.

Spoiler

I know. That is why I mentioned before.  Ling Xiao's mother schemed and schemed to prevent him from returning to China, and to Jian Jian. Otherwise he could have returned earlier. No need to wait for 9 years.

Each time LX wanted to leave, his mother will become a Drama-Queen. Even hid his passport.  As a result LX did suffer from Depression and had to seek medical help.

Within the 9years, his step-sis also grew up and was able to think independently.  She also felt that her mother was wrong to interfere with Ling Xiao's personal life.  So Ling Xiao eventually took the firm decision to leave his mother once and for all

Ling Xiao is the most pitiful character in this drama.

Although Ziqiu's mother also left him, but at least he only had happy memories of her.

While LX's mother only scold, blame and beat him. Filling him with Guilt.  Eventually even refused to cook for him. An 8 years old boy had to learn to cook Instant Noodles.

At 8 years, he was still in his Formative years. He must be very wretched and bewildered as well. He could not show anyone his tears, or tell anyone his grievances, because he himself was too young to understand.  Therefore his personality was forged: matured and serious. cold and detached.  It is a miracle he did not turn out to be a Psycho.

Which is why he could appreciate Jian Jian so much; love her so much.  He deserves her.

In the Internet, there are so much Criticisms of Song Wei Long's acting.  I felt that those Viewers did not understand his Character-Role in this drama. They only want him to "act" the way they want;  and not the way he should.  He may not be the best actor.  But I believe he has done well.  It is easier to act cheerful and cute.  Than a tortured soul.

I hope SWL will not take those criticisms to heart

Happy viewing everybody:P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I just finished watching eps 15 & 16.  Slightly better than eps 12 & 13 which I felt were a bit flat.  But not enough screen time for the two leads - my personal opinions. Otherwise, nothing impactful.

Hide contents

I know. That is why I mentioned before.  Ling Xiao's mother schemed and schemed to prevent him from returning to China, and to Jian Jian. Otherwise he could have returned earlier. No need to wait for 9 years.

Each time LX wanted to leave, his mother will become a Drama-Queen. Even hid his passport.  As a result LX did suffer from Depression and had to seek medical help.

Within the 9years, his step-sis also grew up and was able to think independently.  She also felt that her mother was wrong to interfere with Ling Xiao's personal life.  So Ling Xiao eventually took the firm decision to leave his mother once and for all

Ling Xiao is the most pitiful character in this drama.

Although Ziqiu's mother also left him, but at least he only had happy memories of her.

While LX's mother only scold, blame and beat him. Filling him with Guilt.  Eventually even refused to cook for him. An 8 years old boy had to learn to cook Instant Mee.

At 8 years, he was still in his Formative years. He must be very wretched and bewildered as well. He could not show anyone his tears, or tell anyone his grievances, because he himself was too young to understand.  Therefore his personality was forged: matured and serious. cold and detached.  It is a miracle he did not turn out to be a Psycho.

Which is why he could appreciate Jian Jian so much; love her so much.  He deserves her.

In the Internet, there are so much Criticisms of Song Wei Long's acting.  I felt that those Viewers did not understand his Character-Role in this drama. They only want him to "act" the way they want;  and not the way he should.  He may not be the best actor.  But I believe he has done well.  It is easier to act cheerful and cute.  Than a tortured soul.

I hope SWL will not take those criticisms to heart

Happy viewing everybody:P

What was the criticisms? 

Anyway why only 1 ep with sub airing today :tears: 

7 hours ago, nikati said:

Hello first time posting here. I just have a question. Why do steven zhang's name is always indicated special appearance in huace tweets? Does this mean he'll be gone in the next episodes? 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/stevenzhang special appearance?s=09

Hi Nikati, Steven Zhang and Seven Tan are co-producers.  I.e. they invest in this production. If you observe the opening credits and can read Mandarin, you will notice his name listed as a Producer.  While Seven Tan list her company name as an investor. Her company's representative is listed as a Producer. They both received producers' fee. While Song Wei Long just receive his salary as an actor.

So they list Steven as a Special Appearance. But in actual fact he is the Second Male Lead and receive the same amount of screen-time. I hope that answer your question

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Hmm...I'm very curious how LX got the burn scar on his shoulder. What happened to him in Singapore when he was taking care of his mother? How come he wasn't treated? Did he get the scald from his mother during one of her depression episodes and threw boiling water at him?

How he must have suffered silently like he did when he was little from ill treatment from his mom in Singapore.  :tears:  As always he keep it to himself and don't tell anyone. He doesn't want to worry his dads.

I just noticed that only  LX doesn't have any friends at all besides his family and JianJian & ZQ. His world is only them n JianJian is his universe. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just watched episodes 12 to 14, the most anticipated reunion episodes & wow what a reunion it was!

ZQ- God this guy is still such a child. He was back in his hometown for 3 months already but did not visit his Ba & LJJ because he wanted to give them an elaborate surprise. His worry regarding his Li Ba still working & getting tired is heart warming. He wants him to rest & take on all the burdens for his dad. He knew he would insist on helping him setup his café, so he didn't reveal his return to him even though he wanted to be with him. He was lingering around both Li Ba & LJJ to catch glimpses of them. But his first meeting with LJJ was so unfortunate that it was hilarious. His reunion with his dad was just so full of emotions & warmth- best reunion for him. His reunion with LX was more low key as they still have that brotherly bond of being gruff & sarcastic rejoinders. His parting with him was more dramatic with both of them brawling but their reunion was as if nothing had happened.

LX- He is still so in love with LJJ. Even more deeper I think. LJJ is his sunshine & life & without her he has become more reclusive, withdrawn & unhappy. His mental health is also unstable due to his mom's emotional tortures & being kept away from LJJ. He also planned to surprise LJJ by meeting her at her dentist's appointment but as fate would have it he met her before that with ZQ. He understands that LJJ has grown apart from them & he needs to give her time to readjust. But that doesn't mean that he is not hurt by her distancing. He wants to be with her romantically & is not holding back from showing it. I was pleasantly surprised that Ling Ba showed that he had some insight wrt LX when he said that LX & LJJ should get married & that LX likes her. He is not oblivious to his son's feelings to the extent that has been shown to the audience.

LJJ- Her reaction to the reunion with LX & ZQ is the most complicated. She has explained that she feels after 9 years of separation she feels uncomfortable & awkward with them. She runs away from them if they show any signs of closeness with her. But this is only part of her reaction. I think she is suppressing her emotions the most. Yes she feels uncomfortable, awkward & distanced but that is not the only feelings that she has. Otherwise she would have not been so confused as to how to behave with them. For now, she is using TC's strategy of acting with them as she would act with distant relatives. But she is still uncomfortable with that. What she really requires is a direct confrontation to pour out her hurt & anger. She needs to vent her frustration otherwise she will continue to feel uncomfortable & restless around them. It must be overwhelming for her to learn that both LX & ZQ chose their profession based on her when she has been thinking that they were both living their lives with their real blood relatives & left her Ba & her behind. She was the spoiled daughter of the house who was not mature enough to understand the real life obligations that both LX & ZQ felt at that time. She wanted to know then but they did not confide their feelings in her. No her world view has changed due to all the snide comments from the society wrt to her family. I find her easily accepting a BF now very interesting. She has been living an independent life since she left for college & must have had plenty of opportunities of being in a relationship. But now she is easily accepting an online relationship proposal from a guy whom she has not even met face to face. Yes, she appreciates his work & is his chat friend but being in a relationship at least requires going out on a few dates. I think she is just trying to run away from her complicated state of mind by making efforts to be in a romantic relationship.

So the story is at an interesting point now & I am excited to watch how the plot unfold further.

• Like 8