[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

Somebody help me. In different websites it says the drama was extended to 46 ep. In Dramacool there are supposedly those 6 plus episodes waiting to be subbed... 

And yet, the drama really ended in ep 40??!! 

How can it be???

I am disappointed. I was waiting for more happiness and not just one picture of all of them together at the day of papa Li and He Mei. 

It is so... short and simple. 

Why are they not giving me the new dynamic with HM as a stepmother?? What happened to Can can and HZ's friend??? 

I am upset.... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, emmafaye said:

Somebody help me. In different websites it says the drama was extended to 46 ep. In Dramacool there are supposedly those 6 plus episodes waiting to be subbed... ... 

There is no extension.  There are either 46 or 40 episodes depending on which version you watched.  The subbed web videos (YouTube, Viki, iQiyi, etc.) are all 45-minute episodes that aired over the course of 40 episodes.  The raw TV episodes varied in length, were shorter than 45 minutes (sometimes as short as 25 minutes) and thus aired over the course of 46 episodes.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This drama has one of the best soundtracks. All tracks are so touching and relating to the story and characters. 

Ep 23 pop up on my YouTube while I was surfing and I just watch it for the fin of it. It just hit me that even though I have already finished the whole series, I find myself enjoying the episodes again. This is one of the drama that is re-watchable. It draws the viewer into the story again as it slowly unfolds as if viewer is watching for the 1st time.

Brilliant casts even the supporting casts have done a great job. The story is very relatable as it highlights realistically the lives of people, family unit, husband/wife problems, parent/children relationship, the sufferings of children trying to live up to parents expectations, friendship etc. 

• Like 3

On 8/14/2020 at 6:25 PM, hush puppy said:

Ling Xiao's mum just leaves and returns as she wishes. Even if she had had Depression before, she has no right to behave like that.  She didn't even realise that Ling Xiao is still struggling with the past: having nightmares and insomnia.

1) She is the one who caused Ling Xiao's younger sister's death. She was busy playing mahjong outside and left the two children at home. For safety, she locked the house door. When the little girl choked on the walnut, Ling Xiao was unable to go out for help

2) She should not bring along her new daughter and expect Ling Xiao to accept and love her. I'm surprised Ling Xiao can just forgive her like that. But then he has always been a good boy.

It was terrible of Ling Xiao’s mother to just drop off his step sister and expect him to take care of her all night.  Just goes to show how clueless and selfish she is.  True it’s at the grandma’s suggestion but that means she has no common sense.  LX feels terrible guilt from the death of his sister and felt he owes his mother( ep 40 where he asks his father if his sister had forgiven him and if he’s repaid his mother enough).  His terrible mother had blamed him for the death of his sister though it was really her fault for leaving them alone to play mahjong and padlocked the door so he couldn’t get out to get help.  How stupid of her.  She could have gotten a sitter. 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Another sad part is when LingXiao said to JianJian father something and JianJian father replied that JianJian is a wonderful cheerful girl. Strangely she doesn't take after either of her parents in personality as she is just such a happy character. It's sad that her father didn't realise that JianJian was just pretending to be happy and carefree for him.

I think Jain Jian has a happy and carefree yet thoughtful nature which helps the boys to cope and love her in return.  She also has a larger than life personality. She misses her mom but keeps it from her father to help him cope with his sadness.  This drama is so moving and I cried buckets at times but it is also uplifting, funny and romantic.  JJ’s father is really heart warming and so good to the kids.  JJ takes after her father in her kindness and her eloquence and dealing with people.  I think both father and daughter are optimistic in nature.

I love Seven Tan.  She is my favorite actress.  Loved her in The Fox’s Summer, Under The Power and The Eight and of course, this drama.  I also like Song Wei Long and Steven Zhang ( loved him in Skate into Love).  Very surprised to learn that SWL is only 21 years old.  His acting has improved tremendously since Untouchable Lovers.  I think he did a great job here and is very believable.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 10:52 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Brilliant casts even the supporting casts have done a great job. The story is very relatable as it highlights realistically the lives of people, family unit, husband/wife problems, parent/children relationship, the sufferings of children trying to live up to parents expectations, friendship etc. 

The portrayal of Zi Qiu as a neglected/abondoned child is not uncommon in China.  Parents do leave their children in the countryside to go off to cities to work.  Often children are left with grandparents who are unable to adequately take care of them.  They are just neglected.  

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I don't understand why some netizens say LX is mommy's boy. In what way is he mommy's boy. He never is/was.  A mommy's boy is someone who relies heavily on his mother to do everything in his life and also mommy's boy is a mother who loves and pampers her son. LX mom never love him nor pampers him. She only wants to control and abuse him for her miserable life. I'm sure she might even blame him for her car accident in Singapore that renders her handicap. She needs a source outlet to put blame on for all the misfortunes in her life. And to her it all started with LX caused his sister to die in the room. She never once self reflects on herself.

I agree with you -can’t understand why people feel he’s a mama’s boy either.  His problem is the tremendous guilt he harbored since childhood.  Imagine being told as a 7 year old by your mother that you caused the death of your sister.  He had to watch his sister die chocking on the walnut he fed her.  His mother is the one at fault for padlocking the kids in the apartment while she played mahjong. Henceforth, he had nightmares of  of trying to break the door down to get help.  Breaks my heart when he asks his father if his sister had forgiven him since he doesn’t have nightmares of her anymore and if he’s repaid the debt he owes his mother.  So he stayed with his mother and puts up with her thinking that he owes her for the death of his sister.  It’s possibly he also blames himself for his parents divorce though that wasn’t spoken about.  This is why CT could hold him hostage and play the victim.  His mother probably has mental issues too besides being a toxic person.  As someone had mentioned in earlier threads, her family (LX’s grandma, uncle) are horrible people as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:43 AM, Dundee said:

Yeah i don’t like the little sister, but it’s surprising she’s quite rebellious towards her mother and her attitude towards her brother also not warm as it used to be. It seems she lived in an unhappy environment

I think Little Orange was already a spoilt princess before her father died.  She was so rude to JJ and others.  Also falsely accusing JJ of causing her fall where she broke her arm the first time she was in China. Of course she had a difficult time after her mother’s accident but LX bore the brunt of his mother’s demands and cruelty. She also begged her brother not to leave her when he first thought about going back to China.  Glad she was able to see through her mother and changed for the better but she still wouldn’t hug JJ when they left China in ep 40- still a spoilt brat with maybe the same possessive nature as her mother but with some redeeming qualities.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, P Lam said:

I love Seven Tan.  She is my favorite actress.  Loved her in The Fox’s Summer, Under The Power and The Eight and of course, this drama.  I also like Song Wei Long and Steven Zhang ( loved him in Skate into Love).  Very surprised to learn that SWL is only 21 years old.  His acting has improved tremendously since Untouchable Lovers.  I think he did a great job here and is very believable.

Yeah her acting is quite captivating,  i like her after i watched under the power. Initially i watched go ahead because of her. I watched SZ in skate into love, he’s good. This is my first time watching SWL, i think he’s quite good although there are several scenes which i think his acting little bit lacking, but he’a still young so it’s quite understandable and the most important thing is i like his portrayal as LX :D

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

What a sweet ending.  All it takes is for 3rd party like the colleague to tell CT straight off and asked her to read the article that JJ wrote. I guess the timing was just right and CT was in one of her lucid moment where her conscience eats her alive and  made her realises her wrong doing. Thankfully her attempt at suicide failed and was saved by strangers. If she had died, she would have made LX feel guilty further. 

I'm still not happy that Ling Papa never tell LX that he is not at fault when LX told him about dreaming of his sister n repayment to his mom. The script writer should not just leave it as that. If they have strengthen that part and added another dialogue when CT was at hospital... apologise personally to LX for blaming him n reassure him that it is not his fault as well as for abandoning him n mistreating him ... that would be perfect. That was the weak link that might have made the drame perfect.

I’m with you - so glad too that CT’s suicide was unsuccessful.  The way the sucide note was written made me feel LX would feel even more guilt if she had died.  The note targeted only him since she did not address Little Orange except to ask LX to take care of her.  Just makes me mad. Made me feel like she wants to traumatize him even in her grave. Also glad FXX turned out to be a good person and gave CT the article.  

I’m also confused by how quickly she realized she was in the wrong after reading LJJ’s article.  Maybe it was repressed memory that she did all those awful things to her son?  Or she had a lucid moment as you mentioned.  Or her deeds are now exposed to all on Weibo and she has to accept what she did.  The actress who played CT did a really good job since we hated her so much.  LOL.  It would be better if CT received psychiatric treatment to make her switch to good more believable.

I feel Ling pa is at fault for being so reactive rather than proactive.  He should have taken a break and gone to Singapore to ensure LX was OK.  There are many things he could have done but he hid behind his work and wonders why he can’t communicate with his son.  Duh!

So glad for a good ending.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 8:29 AM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:
On 8/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I enjoy this a lot. The 3 main characters have great chemistry and there's never a dull moment on this drama unlike some. There's a good mix of heartwarming family moments as well as some light hearted ones. 

I know they're not blood related but it kind of bothers me that there's a love line later..? 'Cause it seemed incestuous LoL. I mean you grow up with 2 guys who you accept as brothers and then have romantic feelings errr....      

I don't feel that way about it. It's like you grow up with your childhood friends and they are your best buddy. Then you fall in love with later when all of you have grown up and realised your feelings for each other.

There's nothing incestuous about it.  LX is her neighbour upstairs. JJ is the one who chased after LX when she was little.  She fell in love with little  LX at first sight. :joy: Kept pestering him like a gum. For LX, JJ was never his sister and he never view her that way even when he was little.  He has already decided JJ is going to be his wife. :joy: Even when he was a teenager,  his behaviour is never that of a brother but more like an indulgent boyfriend. For LX,  JJ is his world, light and universe. For JJ, LX is more than a brother to her. U can see how she treats LX and ZQ. Very different.  Since childhood,  JJ &  LX has a very special bond with each other since they were little that even ZQ admit that he can't insert himself in.

JJ treats ZQ more like a brother. And for ZQ, he has already mark JJ as his little sister to protect for life the day he met her. Currently he was mislead by his friend into thinking he has fallen for JJ. 

You and I are on the same page when it comes to the romance between JJ and LX.  LX always had the notion he’d marry JJ ever since he saved her from the kidnappers since they were kids.  His eyes lit up when neighbors said they performed the engagement ritual LOL.  He also bought her her first bra ! When JJ asked, he told her it was when he was in high school that he started having romantic feelings for her and that she is late in understanding her feelings for him. She was always sketching him, never HZQ.  At one point, LX told her he’d marry her when she asked if she became a retard from him hitting her head, who’d marry her? He said he would and the camera gave us her bemused expression. This is in the video clip during ending credits.  JJ couldn’t stand being apart from LX for even a few days but never tried to understand  why and it wasn’t after the 9 year separation, when she was 25 and he 27 that he pushed her to understand what she really felt about him.  I think she finally understood after he kissed her in ep 24 and their conversation about having children in ep 25 where she ate 1 gallon of ice cream (LOL) confirms how she felt about him.  How cute!  Just love this drama. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have re-watched this drama three times.  I think this will be in my top favorite of Chinese dramas for a long time.  Everyone did they part well.  It made me laugh, brought me to tears, angered me and made me believe in love again.   They all had chemistry that made it work.  Kudo to the director and crew. I would have liked to see ZQ because less a father figure shadow of his dad and instead a young man who was able to over come his trauma and realize how far he has come. LX was able to do that in the end where you can see he has let go most of his ghost which is even more obvious when  he told his mother and I am summarizing that if you truly feel guilty you should stay and deal with it. This had all the elements I love in a drama including the relationships where you can see the different level of love of parent and  child, filial of siblings and of course lovers:wub:.  I am hoping like a lot of others to have a sequel to it with the same actors of course.:D I would love to see Song Weilong and Tan Song Yun in another story they make fun and loving couple to watch. Also they dad what a pair. lol

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I completely finished this drama within a week and wow, I have to say, it’s become one of my favorite. In a way, the drama is both relatable and unrelatable. I didn’t think I would like this theme of family drama so much but I did. All the actors and actresses were amazing and portray their characters so well. Props to the older cast especially Li Baba, Ling Baba, Auntie He Mei, and Ling Xiao’s mom (special consideration to Yue Liang’s mom too) 

Li Baba by far is my favorite character in the storyline. I cried at the scene when Li Baba had to get drunk to just voice his frustrations with everyone telling him that they’re not his children. That broke my heart :(. In real life, what Li Baba did was truly amazing. It is already hard raising your own kid, but to raise someone else’s kid as your own deserves an award and he does this tremendously well. He’s such a selfless father who truly wants the best for his children and that was extremely heartwarming throughout the whole series. I love all the children’s relationships with Li Baba. 

There are so much things that I want to talk about but I don’t want to spam this post xD. The plot was very amazing. Ling Xiao’s story with his mom was very well written. I was baffled at some parts but it was a good baffled. Also, the plot twist with Zi Qiu’s mom was so good too. 

Now, I got to struggle with withdrawal from this drama until I find another one *sigh*

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I've come very late to this drama, having finished watching it just a day ago. I really, really loved it, though I think I cried at every single episode when they are children. So moving, so emotional, so sad in parts, and happy in others. I found LX's mother really hard going, she was so damaged, and so very cruel, it was hard to watch the damage she was doing to her son. Loved Tan Songyun, always so nice to watch her myriad expressions, such a talent. Of course I loved the lovely main dad, loving his children so much, who needs blood relations?! It's love that binds people together, really beautiful drama. I would have loved more romance between JJ and LX, but then, that's my preference. I shall be re-watching, no doubt.

Well done to all of the crew involved, a really touching, heart warming story.