Quantcast
Jump to content
nohamahamoud2002

[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, reydevan said:

Anyone knows where i can get the ending music of each eps? I love it so much but cant find it. 

 

Same! I've been trying to find it everywhere!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

 

Same! I've been trying to find it everywhere!

Sadly, like other daily dramas, the ost is not released. They only release for weekend or weekly dramas. Boo hoooo! 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, reydevan said:

Sadly, like other daily dramas, the ost is not released.

 

 

Weird, cause they released the OST for Heaven's Promise, Cuckoo Nest, Pink Lipstick, Cruel Temptation and Nameless Woman...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

So in a way I see J Thief trying to protect Baby Face in his own way. We do know that he has some sort of feelings for him since he tried to protect him from that falling statue in one of the beginning episodes and took the full brunt of the injury himself.

@yamiyugi ~ J thief is one of my fav characters here and I find his relationships both humourous as well as complex. found it interesting that hae joon didn't just get a dna test for yoo kyung but also J thief. while he was devastated that yoo kyung isn't his biological mother, it wasn't like he was happy that he is not related to J thief. instead, at the river, he decides that he will live as his mom and dad's son. found the inclusion of J thief in the promise interesting. it feels like with the birth secret reveal, he has gotten more clarity and understanding into J thief and why J thief acted so resentful.

 

while J thief loves yoo kyung, she does not love him as much and is attached to the child of the man she loved, possibly the love of her life. so J thief's resentment of hae joon has got to do with that. since hae joon understands J thief, it seems that hae joon has let go of those old hurts. plus, when we see the interactions, it is yoo kyung + J thief or yoo kyung + hae joon and not all 3 of them together. found the lunch with J thief rather sweet as hae joon is now consciously trying to create these special moments between him and J thief. sera is like a thief who feels all of hae joon's time must be hers and is even jealous of that lunch. what a weirdo!

 

hae joon definitely was touched by J thief's gruff support during this scandal and the way he tried to shield hae joon as much as possible from the board. rather than ranting and raving, he acts more like an exasperated parent. he could have used this moment to kick out hae joon for good but he doesn't. going by kdrama tropes, he could have kicked out hae joon somewhere abroad to study as soon as the chairwoman died. like you said, the man even tried to shield hae joon when the statue fell. so there is a mix of emotions from J thief towards hae joon. so it will be interesting to see how these relationships change once this love child comes into the picture and whether hae joon accepts this child as a little brother.

 

@chococarmela @reydevan ~ if you find the background ost, please do post. I really do enjoy those last 2 minutes of this drama just because of the OST. they have released the first song in the drama but that's nowhere as interesting as the background score.

 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ep 41 thoughts ~ was anyone else disappointed by janice's return to the company? am not sure what I was expecting but a bit more fireworks? maybe because it is danny and especially janice are so restrained that they suck out the explosive energy. everyone else is acting on 100 while janice just stands there like she is on 10. at least with danny, you can see his eyes rolling with anger that you can tell he is holding back from punching all these people.

 

eun ha is such a weirdo. she is delighted that yoo kyung screamed at janice because it means sera's position is secure. umm, even in this stage, she is worrying hae joon will sway. J thief, hae joon and co are all wondering how janice got this job and how everything seems to be planned.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

 

 

Weird, cause they released the OST for Heaven's Promise, Cuckoo Nest, Pink Lipstick, Cruel Temptation and Nameless Woman...

Ahhhh really? I hope they do it for this too. I started watching yest at ep 36 so now i nd to watch from ep 1. Danny Jung is such a looker! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reydevan said:

Ahhhh really? I hope they do it for this too. I started watching yest at ep 36 so now i nd to watch from ep 1. Danny Jung is such a looker! 

I agree, Danny is hot!

 

@Lmangla The actress playing Janice is a Jennis through and through.  

 

@yamiyugi BabyFace's documents are monty-pythonesque in their ability to recreate themselves in each scene.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chococarmela said:

 

Same! I've been trying to find it everywhere!

 

Yes, I know i love this music. I heard it before, but don't know where.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so impressed with the shaman scenes.  These are serious comedy!  

 

And Danny is a total charmer.  Who is this actor?  I am his fan now.  Such a cutie.

 

Okay, J Thief just stole scenes with the trampolene - which looked an exercise one for adults, by the way, and the "why do you want to do business if you're going to stick to the law?" explosion.  

 

But how do top management not know how Janice was scouted into their company?  So weird.

 

Finally, HJ has a lot of nerve to keep saying Janice stabbed people in the back when he is the one who dumped her saying he was a playboy and she had gone through so much abuse based on his promises.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D are they promoting shamanism with this drama? I can't stop laughing, they been visiting shamans. There were two shamans until now, maybe if the amulet paper from the second shaman not working they will visit another shaman:D

I wish I can write more but nowadays my memory very short, hence I only write the one stick in my mind (I still confuse daily about the parents, who are the baby face' parents and who are the crazy girl's parents). @Lmangla @tulip06 and other chingus (I'm sorry I really can't remember you all, my bad) thank you for all the recaps and analysis, you're heaven's gift for me to follow thus dailies, even though I forgotten most of it as soon as I finished reading it :D 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I'm so impressed with the shaman scenes.  These are serious comedy!  

 

And Danny is a total charmer.  Who is this actor?  I am his fan now.  Such a cutie.

 

Okay, J Thief just stole scenes with the trampolene - which looked an exercise one for adults, by the way, and the "why do you want to do business if you're going to stick to the law?" explosion.  

 

But how do top management not know how Janice was scouted into their company?  So weird.

 

Finally, HJ has a lot of nerve to keep saying Janice stabbed people in the back when he is the one who dumped her saying he was a playboy and she had gone through so much abuse based on his promises.

On JThief.....comedy and tragedy.....things folks do to hide secrets "Cheers to Greed and Lust"?!!!????

 

The Privilege Class.....Chaebols who feel entitled, and yes bullseye based on his promises he @tulip06 ran back to mama like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. No excuses about his adopted mom and the decision he had to make. He knows what kind of character he got his black mail from. He himself acknowledge the fact that SeRa had crossed the line when she did the elevator fiasco and the wrath that fell on Janice. But yet he gave the film back to protect SeRa. 

 

Yes, Janice make him kneel down and take over J Group before he knows his true identity and your true identity.

 

I do understand the blueprint of a revenge Kdrama but the writer can rearrange scenarios to make this drama stand out.

 

Mores and beliefs of a culture .....thus the 2Shamans...loloi. I guess they represent their gut feel which they ignore. What a comedic break. EH your reign as queen of the dark is slowly fading....Watch out. The identity of Mr. Richie Rich (HJ) will soon come out. The tropes of drama will dictate this. 

 

By the way the talisman to prevent Mr.RR from liking Jennice......gone ....I gathered from today's episode.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gigi Salapong said:

I do understand the blueprint of a revenge Kdrama but the writer can rearrange scenarios to make this drama stand out.


The problem with this drama is that it focuses way too much on romance rather than revenge. I want to see more revenge. I hate romantic k-dramas with a passion

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, lots of intense scenes today, though not between “Jennis” and Babyface. Those were flat as usual. 
 

I hope Babyface fails to get rid of Jennis and Danny, though. I really don’t like him. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ep 42 & 43 thoughts ~

 

17 hours ago, chococarmela said:


The problem with this drama is that it focuses way too much on romance rather than revenge. I want to see more revenge. I hate romantic k-dramas with a passion

romantic revenge dramas are great when there's actual passion. why are the two shamans clobbering us in the head that jennis and danny are meant to be? they have zero chemistry. where is the crackle from two people gritting their teeth and insulting each other? it is far more entertaining to see yoo kyung and eun ha make faces and give out passive aggressive insults to each other while dressed to the nines and turning their heads away like dancing flamingos. hahahah... by the way, even I have gotten bored with romantic kdramas. hardly watch them. give me some revenge any day! ^_^

 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:39 AM, tulip06 said:

And Danny is a total charmer.  Who is this actor?  I am his fan now.  Such a cutie.

he is, isn't he? love how he rolls his eyes whenever he interacts with eun ha, sera and baby face.

 

11 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I hope Babyface fails to get rid of Jennis and Danny, though. I really don’t like him. 

no worries on that happening. hae joon's brain only works 25% of the time...

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is Babyface? Lol. Yeah, after watching k dramas for 20 yrs, i got bored the last 5 yrs. Watch very little now but this show has dragged me in again. 

 

Can you guys believe i actually went to cut out the ending music from eps 1(cos it's the longest outta all the eps)? It has been on repeat mode since i found this drama 3 days ago. Hahahaha! 

 

Anyways, which truth do you think will come out soon? Hae Joon's or Jenis'? I think it will be Hae Joon's first and when Eun Ha goes crazy and tries to kill Jenis, Carrie will be forced to out the truth. Omg im already feeling so sorry for Jenis when she finds out. Would she even want to live after that? Im expecting great acting from Hae Joon, Caris, Eun Ha and Jenis when crap hits the fan. Imagine all that sobbing and screaming when the truth comes out. I hope they play the dramatic ending music then cos it's gonna make the scenes much more emotional! =(

 

As for the guy playing Danny, he has acted in a few dramas b4 since a while back tho i dont remember him at all. Oh i just read that he was the guy who drugged Jandi in Boys Over Flowers. Haha! Hope he gets more big roles after this. He is pretty good at acting and such an eye candy. Let's see how he falls for tt goons Sera. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still catching up on this show but been also watching Psychopath Diaries and wow, J thief’s is a superb actor. From playing the hateful and despicable character in this show, he plays a pitiful father with brain damage in the other drama. You know an actor is good when he can play so many versatile roles. I’m shook!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Still catching up on this show but been also watching Psychopath Diaries and wow, J thief’s is a superb actor. From playing the hateful and despicable character in this show, he plays a pitiful father with brain damage in the other drama. You know an actor is good when he can play so many versatile roles. I’m shook!

Who is J's thief? And yes, i agree with your 2nd last sentence! 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, reydevan said:

Who is Babyface? Lol. Yeah, after watching k dramas for 20 yrs, i got bored the last 5 yrs. Watch very little now but this show has dragged me in again. 

 

Can you guys believe i actually went to cut out the ending music from eps 1(cos it's the longest outta all the eps)? It has been on repeat mode since i found this drama 3 days ago. Hahahaha! 

 

Anyways, which truth do you think will come out soon? Hae Joon's or Jenis'? I think it will be Hae Joon's first and when Eun Ha goes crazy and tries to kill Jenis, Carrie will be forced to out the truth. Omg im already feeling so sorry for Jenis when she finds out. Would she even want to live after that? Im expecting great acting from Hae Joon, Caris, Eun Ha and Jenis when crap hits the fan. Imagine all that sobbing and screaming when the truth comes out. I hope they play the dramatic ending music then cos it's gonna make the scenes much more emotional! =(

 

As for the guy playing Danny, he has acted in a few dramas b4 since a while back tho i dont remember him at all. Oh i just read that he was the guy who drugged Jandi in Boys Over Flowers. Haha! Hope he gets more big roles after this. He is pretty good at acting and such an eye candy. Let's see how he falls for tt goons Sera. 

@reydivan... I should think HJ's truth will come out first. This is the only way EH and Sera will get berserk. They will not be able to control him with blackmail. By virtue of his birthright he is the heir of JGroup. His biological mother and his adopted mother where his birth registry is. I do not know if Jennis is registered under Carrie because she was kidnapped to serve as a tool for Carrie's revenge.

 

Total loss will fall on EH. What I will not dare predict though, is the reaction of Jennis when her birth secret comes out. She will use her training against Carrie. Will she acknowledge EH positively, negatively, or with ambiguity. Sera will be devastated and will go crazy. unless, the writer will pair her up with Danny. Danny will be her new Saviour. The scandal will of course bring sudden death to all of Sera's dad political ambitions and aspirations.....Lala Clinic will be doomed.

.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HJ's secret has to come out first. It's the only way as some have mentioned above to free him from passively being a tool in EH's plots. His adopted mom has to find out her child died and that they stole another woman's baby and gave it to her. By the end of the drama I can see HJ with two mom's his bio who gave birth to him but he was taken from her and his adopted who loved and cared for him for 30 years. I can see the two women eventually accepting the positions in HJ's life as both being loved by him and being his mother. 

 

There is no doubt when the truth comes out EH will be a big looser. I can see YK wanting to slap EH more than a few times for what she has done and using it to threaten HJ with it. AS the fortune teller said EH is the cause of this part of the revenge had she never taken that child for money this would have never happened. Everything that is coming to EH is deserved. As for Se Ra there is no doubt she will loose it because she was holding on to HJ and he suddenly turned back to her. When she finds out what her mom did and that is the reason he turned back she will go off and blame EH for ruining things for her. I feel nothing for her at the moment because she will become even more unstable. 

 

I have to wonder how Carrie will release the truth. Will it be through Janice or will she get the nurse to say and record it or show up to out what EH did? Either way I can see EH not sorry or really taking responsibility because had she been sorry she never would have done that nor helped to have that woman arrested and hid that nurse torturing her until she ended up with dementia. The one thing I am concerned about is them digging into her background. I am not ready for them to question who Carrie could be or pull up a old photo to prove she is not who she says yet. 

 

Janice of course will go through some turmoil when her birth secret comes out. She will be angry and very hurt but at the same time she will think about why Carrie did what she did. Especially finding out her mother stole HJ from Carrie and passed it off as YK's child after they stole her husbands work and J thief killed him as well as framing her for embezzling. Its going to be hard for her she will be torn by her birth mom who has done so many horrible things to her  and Carrie not recognizing the bond between mother and child over Carrie who cared for her but still used her to get back at those people. 

 

 

From my view the ending will end up with HJ and Janice and Se Ra and Danny. Will Danny turn out to be J thief's son?

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J Thief just stole this episode and rocked. I am so impressed! 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...