Quantcast
nohamahamoud2002

[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

There are so many discrepancies in the thought pattern of this drama. Evil as PapaJ he does not realize that EH and SeRa will use the events to whip the very same reasoning to get what they want. The writer portrays the J group like chickens with out heads running to safety. Your heads are chopped dummies unless you do a counter move.

HJ is a sheltered punk who thinks everyone is as honorable as himself.? Janice here is the only one who's eyes are still closed.

Although this may be water under the bridge MY held her baby she should know it was swapped. I am a mom and when I saw my child as it came from my womb anesthetics and all the face got imprinted in my consciousness.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope Janice gets some ray of hope for her life. Peace!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

That was quite intense between Sera and Eunha yesterday! They got it all out! 

Everyone else was a bit boring.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

ep 36 thoughts ~ well, lots of fights!

how does clark kent have such powers of disguise? LOL. :lol: hae joon meets clark kent and still doesn't recognize that it is danny, janice's brother. it is not like clark kent is wearing a wig, only glasses, but that seems to be enough for people to think he is different person. :joy:

@tulip06 ~ while the fight between sera and eun ha was intense, there were small bits that I found interesting like J thief. despite thinking hae joon is an idiot, he does seem to know that hae joon would not do such a thing. his way of support -- a gruff "don't be discouraged in front of the board" was enough to stun hae joon. it was kind of sweet actually how the two parents are behind him. had to laugh when yoo kyung was so exasperated by mother and daughter that she told them to go home and fight in their house. LOL.

@Gigi Salapong ~ kekekek... indeed hae joon is really sheltered. like @philosophie pointed out, he should have turned the situation to blackmail eun ha for the crime, not beg her. instead of trying to protect himself, he is trying to contact janice which is clearly against the law. how stupid can he get? even when others are telling him she wanted revenge, he still can't wrap his head around it. instead he keeps whining that she comforted him and said it was okay to break up with her.  umm, obviously, he has not heard of nasty breakups.

@oktatwork ~ can understand as I also avoid certain dramas genres because they add to my stress. this drama is more amusing and weirdly entertaining because I just can't take it seriously at all. the whole revenge scheme is so haphazard that instead of intense, I am laughing at all the potholes and some strange acting. so it is kind of weird stress reliever. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

he does seem to know that hae joon would not do such a thing

When J thief did that, I had the sudden thought that maybe he understands HJ because he also loved someone else before marrying pregnant YK but chose ambition and greed over love (and that woman died giving childbirth to Danny)

6 hours ago, Gigi Salapong said:

There are so many discrepancies in the thought pattern of this drama.

Chingu I couldn’t have said it better than myself. You hit the nail on the head. I am so confused why HJ is obsessed with trying to see Janice again. DUDE YOU BROKE UP WITH HER! Lord knows if you can’t let alone understand but even accept that she did this for that revenge excuse, I would hate to see how you will be when you find out the whole truth (well half truth really, that YJ was raised with too that they are from enemy families and what ‘his family’ as well as SRs family did to hers to deserve this). Like just listen to the elders, trust in your lawyer, and now focus on your marriage or at least keeping this oh-so-important birth secret that you chose to protect over YJ. Instead of even sympathize with ‘wow, I couldn’t protect her when EH planned for her to go abroad, or the turmoil she had to experience when I broke off my engagement which was really all for nothing since I broke it off anyways’ I guess the out of all the characters’ thought pattern I don’t comprehend or really like the most obviously is HJ. He is just so narrow minded. He just made a 180 degree turn from focusing his thoughts on EHs reveal, to YJs actions. He hasn’t even like stopped himself once to be like ‘wait, I chose my mom and now I need to just let this go or ride the wave or just do anything besides having anything more to do with YJ like I originally resolved to’

I guess I don’t pity HJ because he obviously doesn’t think he deserves what YJ did to him. If he did, he wouldn’t be trying to find her like this and prove his innocence. I just feel like I will be even more disappointed once he finds out the truth because he will make himself out to be the victim more and hate YJ.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

how does clark kent have such powers of disguise?

My thoughts exactly as well as when EH has vivid dreams of carry yet doesn’t recognize her as well, Carry.

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

That was quite intense between Sera and Eunha yesterday! They got it all out! 

Now that EH is no longer supporting their engagement or helping SR be with HJ, SR has nothing to lose saying how she really feels. And she had a point I didn’t think of, for all of EHs entitlement about ‘saving HJs life’ (which we know is absolute Simmons of the Richards if you know what I mean) that he Made it up more than enough by raising SR in her place. I really did pity her briefly and I feel like Danny has too in the past while talking to her, she is no way a good person but in my eyes a little more sympathetic than HJ. She is really trying to do everything in her power to keep the only person that truly cared about her even if it means resorting to toxic, unhealthy and extreme means to do so. And even after how badly HJ has treated her (which can be argued with her trying to manipulate him with Phillips law suit and whether what she has for him is even really ‘love’ versus Possession) after their fight I saw the little girl SR that must have gotten so attached to HJ when her mother would slap and blame her.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Told y'all HJ is an idiot! Reminds me of Choo Tae-Soo from Unni is Alive- both idiots!

I think I sorta like the Chairman now. His relationship with YK is cute! And you're right, HJ is super sheltered and selfish.

Man that fight between EH and SR was awesome! We got to see their vulnerabilities a little.

Oh my gosh, HJ does not know how to be a chaebol at all. Really should've blackmailed EH instead...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, philosophie said:

I am so confused why HJ is obsessed with trying to see Janice again. DUDE YOU BROKE UP WITH HER!

kekekkeke... exactly. I couldn't even get why they slept with each other after they break up and he doesn't even seem to take the accusation seriously. he should be embarrassed at what it is doing to his reputation. despite sera's attempts, no one is going to see him as innocent and every J group employee will see him as a potential work hazard. this is going to plague him for the rest of his life. instead of worrying about the company -- which he decided to protect -- or about how it will impact his parents -- which he decided was more important than jance -- he is obsessing about finding the truth from janice. and what is this truth? everyone is already connecting the dots but he can't seem to connect. no wonder the board members think hae joon is an idiot who is getting freebies because he is the owner's son and doesn't deserve a position. and the lack of reaction on finding that eun ha had booked janice's tickets -- dude, you couldn't protect your girlfriend from anything. guess, he thought she was a strong trooper who could handle anything! but since nothing about this thunderbolt love story connection makes any sense, we might as well at all this madness instead! :lol:

@chococarmela ~ philip had more brains than hae joon and knew how to turn a situation to his advantage. the guy knew how to be a chaebol! hahahaha... too bad, no more philip in this story.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, Lmangla said:

so the whole time I was thinking that she didn't have to actually spend the night with him in order to make an accusation. or if it was necessary to create that illusion, then she could have spiked his drink, dumped him in his room and walked away and reported him. that would have been more effective clear headed revenge. what on earth was carrie and danny thinking with

this kind of pimping?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I couldn't even get why they slept with each other after they break up

Sorry to cut your posts chingu but I actually had been meaning to address your valid points too but had been so overwhelmed from binging last few episodes that I forgot to wholeheartedly agree with you. I had been expecting her to either get him drunk or drug his drink to make him blacked out and then accuse him afterwards. Not just because her mom supporting her daughter actually sleeping with someone for revenge is absolutely absurd, but because I was shocked HJ even agreed to sleeping with her AFTER breaking up with her. Let’s say their argument was that she needed to actually sleep with him to get the dna at police station to prove he ‘raped’ her, isn’t the mom worried about uhm I don’t know pregnancy? Which seems far more worse than concerns about YJs feels for HJ? Like is she just wanting YJ to have an illegitimate child too as part of the revenge? 

Lets just say the whole time YJ and HJ’s sadly failed attempt at a steamy revenge scene happened, I had the Jackie Chan “what the Simmons of the darn Richards heaven”

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

exactly @philosophie; danny looked stunned to find out they slept with each other. based on danny's reaction, perhaps the idea was to create a scandal with an accusation but it wasn't necessary that janice sleep with hae joon. not sure what she was thinking and definitely no idea what hae joon was thinking. who sleeps with a woman you just broke up with and said sorry, I choose the company over you?! yea, he is such a selfish entitled idiot who is then puzzled that this woman made an accusation against him. unless this whole plot is to have this complication of a revenge baby, it was kind of dumb.

part of me wondered if the writer was making a stray observation of how this kpop entertainers and actors keep getting in situations where accusations are thrown, some compensation is given and the whole thing is shoved under the carpet and nobody knows whether it was consensual, forced or just a few drinks gone wrong.... but this is a daily drama with so many giant potholes and so am not expecting the writer to make societal statements. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

@Lmangla Correct....everything is running one step forward and three steps backward and half of their brains on their heel. EH the sadist is starting to test her clout because J Group gave them the power. To protect the reputation of adopted mother that she had a baby out of wedlock 30 years ago?!!!!! 

We haven't advanced one full step at all. What is MY doing ...I expected her to start whacking on their finances. What is she doing instead. What she  does to EH  is hitting her right back through HJ. I do not know what she will do when she finds out HJ is her son. It would be interesting to see how this tangled mess is going to pan out.

In a way I see your point but she crossed the line when she locked Janice in the elevator. 

JH is just a pretty boy who needs to wisen up. He always covers up for the shenanigans EH and SeRa does. He blames himself for SeRa's actions. I have yet to see a some mature actions from him. 

Edited by Gigi Salapong
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@Gigi Salapong Exactly, all this time, MY could have hit back on the finances. She didn't need to have messed with Janice's head by getting her sleeping with anyone. It is all very creepy. 

Agreeing with everyone here. Sorry I haven't been able to write sooner. Had family drama of my own. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

philip had more brains than hae joon and knew how to turn a situation to his advantage. the guy knew how to be a chaebol! hahahaha... too bad, no more philip in this story.

I already miss Philip. 

• LOL 4

I'm managed to have quick catch up on this drama, with my weak memory :D. @Lmangla your recap really help me here. I get why you following this one now, I find this drama do not comply with the usual list of dramas, such as admitting about revenge so early, dna test in less than half of the episodes, hahahaha. And now the ahjumma in the mental hospital was witness to the switch, hence she went insane? Why in kdramas it's so easy for one to become insane or have amnesia? @tulip06 Sera's and EH's fight was good and I wonder why it didn't happen earlier. Sera's blew up because she is losing her shield in life (HJ) and partly (if not all) because of her crazy mother. 

And..Season's Greetings and Merry Christmas! Love you all :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

The way I see it is Janice did not have to sleep with him to create the scandal. On a deeper level she wanted to sleep with him because she is in love with him. His dumping her even though she was using him spurned her to not feel guilty that she would take what they did and report him for rape. Only we all saw she is wrestling with herself for falling for him and wavering. 

HJ on the other hand is an idiot. He broke up with her after telling her to trust in him but he still ended up caving because of a birth secret. Like most of you feel I too think that instead of begging that witch he should have been telling her if she ran her mouth he would find a way to report her for whatever she did back then that enabled her to pass off as a child from one mother to another  woman. HJ slept with Janice because he loved her and wanted one moment to express that. Unfortunately for him he never thought of what Janice could think after enduring all of that for that relationship (even if it was suppose to be fake but we know that it was not as she loves him too.) only to have him come to her with no real explanation just a statement that he is not a good person and can't continue on like he promised. I do not think he understands the term bad break up. 

On Se Ra she is nuts. I get that her parents did not care about her growing up more worried about finding her missing sister and that HJ was there for her but from my view he was there as a friend and big brother type not as a lover. Se Ra has deluded herself into thinking its love and she wants him to be committed into continuing to take care of her since the only warmth she felt or care came from him but that is not love.  Sure its ok to be upset that the person you care for and who cared for you seems to love someone but its wrong to try to do evil things to harm others to keep the person beside you. I blame her parents for how she turned out due to their neglect of her emotionally and for not being better parents to try to guide her now to not be so obsessed over HJ. Her pushing a marriage with him will only hurt her in the long run. 

This is a weird tangle weave of crazy with the way Carrie has children from both families while her son she never thought could have still been alive is being raised by the very man who stole her lively hood and killed her husband. None of these people will be able to be together when the truth fully comes out. Se Ra will end up more crazy by that time because not only is Janice her missing sister who she has hated but she will worry that if her parents find out she will loose her place. Also knowing that HJ loves Janice she will worry about loosing him once and for all. I feel like later we will see Se Ra find out who Janice is but cover it  up so that her parents can't find out only a secret that big will never stay hidden just like HJ not being J Thief's son and Danny being his son from a prior relationship. Then we will have how HJ ended up with them in the first place as her mother switched babies. We are lucky if any of these 4 can be near each other when the crimes of the past generation come to light. 

I am most interested in seeing what HJ will do when he finds out Carrie is his birth mother and he was stolen. How torn will he be between the two women the one that raised him and the one who gave birth to him and was lied to that he died. Then what about when they all find out that Janice is the witch's missing daughter who Carrie stole for revenge. The we add in who Danny really is. This drama is fully of birth stories.

• Like 6

Very Black and White episode this, with some in the dark and some in the light. We had Eunha and Yoo Kyung sitting as though mirroring each other opposite Carrie, but in black and white as though one is in the darkness and the other in the light, but both have done wrong in their way, one by active stealing, one by never actually looking at the baby she received. Then, later, Danny was shining in white as he strode down the street, while HJ lurked in his dark coat.

There were probably other instances too, but can’t think of them now. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

am I the only one who still wants to ship Danny and Se Ra... lol

I can't wait for Carrie to come out and do the revenge part, she feels more like a side character now compared to the beginning eps. I thought before I watched this drama (when it started airing) I read a more spoiler-ish sypnosis on Asianwiki about Janice finding out the truth and getting back at Carrie, am I imagining things or did they change it? :huh:

• Like 5

ep 37 & 38 thoughts ~ so this drama is interesting in that there are moments of crazy followed by dialogues that are actually sane and very realistic. really liked the conflict driven resolutions between carrie/janice, sera/inchul, sera/eun ha. there is some real honest conversations about how each feel and how the parents respond to it. some good stuff that reflects adult child-parent relationships. carrie-janice really shows how complicated it will be when the truth comes out because janice is really committed to this revenge. she is annoyed and hurt that carrie would try cut her out and not comfort her as she is feeling down. janice asks carrie a very interesting question -- can you really handle the revenge yourself? what separates us from those people we are taking revenge on if we don't feel bad about what we are doing?

also found the games between eun ha and yoo kyung rather amusing as they both try to save face and still postpone the engagement. it feels like eun ha and yoo kyung are both hoping that a delay in engagement will somehow right things and if it doesn't so be it. had to laugh when inchul called sera "the kindest daughter" LOL. okay, he is deluded as a parent. :lol:

poor danny -- he gets dumped. finally he talks about his feelings for janice and she tells him that she doesn't feel that way about him. @tulip06 ~ so far, there doesn't seem to be any hint of birth secret with danny; think we will be very disappointed if he turns out to just some random orphan without a birth secret. hahahahha... :sweatingbullets:

@philosophie ~ hae joon has a brain! all it needed was for him to be clear of janice obsession and all of a sudden he is able to recognize clark kent and danny are the same. it is miracle! hahahaha... so janice and him run into each other and she tells him that it was revenge. now that he can accept janice's reasoning, it strikes him that danny also represented the detox patent guy and his brain is trying to figure to out what is going on there.. 

@Ldy Gmerm ~ hae joon is ridiculously insensitive. it is unbelievable that he would think that someone who was pushed around so much because of the thunderbolt love would turn around and tell him that it is okay he dumped her. but we know that his brains are not on all the time. hahahhaha... :lol: in terms of the ending, think the happy ending would be that they all have peace but live separately. am curious to see how hae joon identifies himself. already, he was trying to find out the identity of his birth mother. luckily for eun ha, there was indeed an unclaimed body of a woman who died in childbirth at the time with no identity. so he is left with nothing to keep searching.

@Gigi Salapong ~ am also waiting to see a more active carrie. so far, she managed to get hae joon on probation instead of fired like how the board wanted. J thief is so delighted that he tells yoo kyung to be better friends with carrie. other than that, it feels like she is simply observing in order to formulate moves. already she has figured out eun ha is hiding the senile nurse from yoo kyung and wants to keep her association with the nursing home on the quiet. but yea, it is kind of silly that given it is her revenge, she is not very active yet.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2