Quantcast
nohamahamoud2002

[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

7 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

@Lmangla I don’t think that I have heard about the 3 tier in healing ever mentioned in dramas but in reality that is probably true. Anyway let’s see how Eun Ha’s revelation works.

I don't watch medical dramas per se and so not sure if this was something that pops up regularly in others. but yea, I remember this drama "live up to your name" have a few episodes dedicated to this idea of 3 tier healing from a physician perspective. in daily dramas, physicians are most likely plastic surgeons. hahahaha...

7 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

@tulip06 Let’s face it who in this drama isn’t obsessed over something or the other. From the ladies the only one that isn’t obsessed over Baby Face at this point is Mi Yun’s assistant. Janice to an extent. She loves him but isn’t totally into him just because of her revenge. Yoo Kyung is like that since he is her only child. Surprised that he didn’t run off earlier. Sera and Eun Ha are obsessed into making him their husband and SiL respectively though for their own reasons. Mi Yun isn’t a 100% obsessed with him because she doesn’t know the truth but you can be sure that the moment she does she is going to join the club.

LOL... lets give the assistant some time. who knows she may have better chemistry with him than sleep walking janice. and yea, carrie will definitely be joining baby face club with full enthusiasm when she learns the truth. she and yoo kyung will be duking it out for top membership while baby face wonders "what's so special about me that I am so irresistible to all these ladies." note that his charm doesn't extend to the men. J thief is mostly annoyed with him and inchul thinks he is selfish. and danny is forever looking for ways to punch him.

• LOL 3

ep 33 thoughts -- the most boring date! :sleeping: okay, does anyone else find the thunderbolt lovers boooooorrrring? I was so bored that I just skipped their entire last date. in the midst of this, danny also has a sort of date with sera. PD seems to think that happy peppy music will somehow convince me that danny and sera would be great together. eye roll.

J thief and yoo kyung continue to make me laugh. J thief eats some humble pie and asks hae joon to come home. he is then shocked that hae joon does not argue and agrees immediately. J thief was so perplexed and wondering "why is this kid not arguing with me?" LOL. now that hae joon has agreed to come home, J thief is free to go back to his bed. eun ha's favourite pastime seems to be to threaten yoo kyung. J thief asks "is she really your friend?" and yoo kyung hilariously suggests that they need a friend appraiser (like an art appraiser) and J thief answers even an appraiser may not be able to answer that Q. LOL :lol: . it looks like hae joon also wanted to know if he and J thief are related and also took his toothbrush for DNA testing. J thief exasperatedly thinks yoo kyung threw it away. hahahah... :D

sera like a psycho decides that she needs to visit her wedding furniture. is the furniture a person? does she just think that everything will be neatly arranged. she almost has a meltdown to find it has been dumped in the study but then holds it in together to appear sane. but yoo kyung is not convinced by such act and in very refined manner, tells her to go home. love yoo kyung's tactics. in another drama, we would have shouting, threats, insults, maybe water or kimchi slaps. here, yoo kyung sits like a queen and just dismisses sera like a teacher. yup, very classy.

so the dna test is out and hae joon is crying away. am wondering what his next move will be. will he really marry sera because he doesn't want his parents to know the truth?

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

:sleeping: okay, does anyone else find the thunderbolt lovers boooooorrrring?

They have such bad chemistry... at this point, it’s probably the acting.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, chococarmela said:

yea, I am surprised because in the emotional scenes, the actor playing hae joon has been nailing it in the last few episodes. haven't seen this actress before and so I can't tell if it is her acting or the interpretation of character here.

ep 34 thoughts ~ hae joon is heartbroken and bawls at his grandmother's grave. he was loved and so he feels even more guilty. in his mind, his grandmother chose him and has given him the responsibility to lead the company and take care of yoo kyung. so his choice becomes more or less set.

eun ha takes so much pleasure from getting her way; she actually tells in chul that sometimes life is fun. umm, what? seriously sadistic. what exactly does inchul see in this woman? he on the other hand is a tad more sympathetic and thinks hae joon must be heartbroken. for eun ha, it is all about money and thinks hae joon has come around because he doesn't want to lose his position.

am not sure why danny and carrie are keeping this dna test stuff a secret from janice. guess, they really don't trust her much now.

J thief and yoo kyung have an interesting conversation where she asks if he still does not see hae joon as his son. he feels hurt by the accusation but feels that hae joon is ungrateful and did not grow up the way he wanted despite his efforts. yoo kyung gives a veiled threat that if hae joon finds out the truth, their marriage will suffer. J thief is miffed.

@oktatwork @philosophie @tulip06 and others who are watching ~ any thoughts? feel tad lonely on this thread. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I have watched the actress in Dangerous Temptations (the drama where she met her husband in real life)and she was not bad.

Her role here is hard. It is not easy to portray a person who was reared to accomplish a revenge and at the same time  knows she is in love with him. She knows in the end she will have to execute the deed that would devastate him so you try to shield yourself from the hurt that you know you have to endure and the guilt.

This two pitiful individuals are victims of the past generation's schemes and evil deeds. Evil deeds that have brought them to their success. They want to continue this success but forgot that have have tainted from the blood, sweat, and tears of others. They force this baggage to their offsprings. This is where we are today.

Now the story is just starting. Jennis will now know the truth of her past. All the things she was taught for revenge will be used against MY. (I gathered this much when the writer was interviewed together with the cast) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Lmangla sorry chingu im still in episode 33 so I’m need to catch up. Right now I’m just wondering if they’re gonna go the pregnant route where she ends up pregnant from their scandal. Excited to see how that unfolds though I agree it’s a shame the chemistry isn’t that strong because usually when a couples chemistry is strong I can even feel it myself by the way they look and hold each other. But it just feels so...flat and empty when I see them. And I really I want to feel something because there’s so much potential with them being enemy’s children and all this taboo factors to spice up their dynamic.

are we gonna be getting episodes on Christmas and New Years?

happy holidays too by the way! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

@Lmangla sorry chingu im still in episode 33 so I’m need to catch up. Right now I’m just wondering if they’re gonna go the pregnant route where she ends up pregnant from their scandal. Excited to see how that unfolds though I agree it’s a shame the chemistry isn’t that strong because usually when a couples chemistry is strong I can even feel it myself by the way they look and hold each other. But it just feels so...flat and empty when I see them. And I really I want to feel something because there’s so much potential with them being enemy’s children and all this taboo factors to spice up their dynamic.

are we gonna be getting episodes on Christmas and New Years?

happy holidays too by the way! :heart:

I just saw 33, and had to FF most of their date because they looked like unhappy paper dolls.

• LOL 4

happy holidays to you too @philosophie :D

have to agree with you that we need that kind of insane chemistry in revenge stories. the sort of chemistry where you are rooting for the leads to get together even though nothing about their connection makes any sense from a real world perspective. here, it is indeed very flat. if they had this buzz chemistry, the drama would be intense crazy. @tulip06 ~ the perfect description -- unhappy paper dolls. hahahahah... and I also fast forwarded. didn't have the interest to watch the date.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla I'll soon have a lot to say.  Working my way through bit by bit. :)

I do have this to say: I find the older women in this drama quite lovely-looking. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

The two leads are the biggest victims in this revenge plot. Jannis is totally in love with HJ as he is with her and is torn with having to implement this revenge plot with him in the middle. After sleeping with him she reports him to the police when it was her idea.  How much more pain will they endure when they both find out the truth of their origins. Jennis being the missing daughter and sister to crazy girl who is obsessed with HJ and HJ finding out that things are not as his potential mother in law told him. He was stolen from his mother who had him on the same day and that his so called adoptive dad killed his real father and stole the technology that enabled their company to grow and when his mother tried to report what they did they had her framed and thrown in jail never knowing that they took her baby and switched it. That the woman he loves is the daughter to the very people that took him from his mother. Both of them will be lucky to be able to be together in the end in my view. It would take a time jump at the end for them to be able to come back together. 

I am not saying the elders do not deserve the revenge that is coming for them because they do and had HJ not been the woman's son then taking Jannis to use against the people who hurt her would be the perfect revenge but both children are innocents who have become pawns in revenge that has nothing to do with them. 

Jannis is truly distraught over what she has done. The cliff hanger in today's episode shows it. You can tell she loves HJ as much as he does her but she had to hurt him because of what his adopted father did. I guess the reason they have not told her he is not related to those people is they are afraid she would not carry out the plan against him citing an argument that he is not their child why should he be made to pay a price for the actions of the last generation. 

No one on Jannis side has thought of the other possibility of the babies being switched. I am surprised that Carrie did not think of it right away. They had their babies at the same time and she knew her baby was alive yet he dies? She could not believe it then and distrusted the doctor so I am not sure why it never occurred to her that a switch could have taken place back then. The doctor was really shady in not wanting her to have any time with her child prior to his death which was to make sure she could not recognize her own child once they put the dead one in her arms.  How long will it take her to get that HJ could be her child she thought died and was buried? What will make her think of that ? And when she does will she get the answer of why the then reporter married the woman? That he knew and used that to get what he wants that is why he was so quick to tell her to admit to the frame they did on her so long ago. 

I am torn between rooting for the revenge but being sad that Jannis and HJ are caught in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Going deeper into the story I can see the generational karma being passed on to HJ and Jennis. Even the adopted Mother of HJ is not willing to accept the fact that she got pregnant out of wedlock. Covering up ethical issues has brought into their lives hoodlums in fancy clothes. If this marriage with SeRa pushes through EH will have all of the J group wrapped around her pinkie. 

This is the reason why the revenge is necessary to break the cycle of shenanigans. Fate has it that HJ and Jannis is being used by the laws of karmic harvest. Both families have to pay for their deeds. Only then will Jennis and HJ will be free of their fate. This is my take on the revenge. Even MY is paying through Jennis. I am hoping the writer will give both Jennis and HJ they happiness.

I am looking forward to EH recognizing Jannis' true identity. That is the only way to destroy them. The Loony Bin is ready.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 3

ep 35 thoughts ~ so, all I can say is "HUH?" :lol:.. am in a grouchy mood, so the whole time I was thinking that she didn't have to actually spend the night with him in order to make an accusation. or if it was necessary to create that illusion, then she could have spiked his drink, dumped him in his room and walked away and reported him. that would have been more effective clear headed revenge. what on earth was carrie and danny thinking with this kind of pimping? @Ldy Gmerm ~ since am not convinced of this thunderbolt love, janice reaction also seems to be also as a result of pimping. it was bit too far for her to fall that low...

just like J thief, I was thinking why on earth hae joon decided to spend the night with a woman he just dumped. like hello, you dumped her and said you can never be with her. and then he takes her up to his room. yea, true love separated. eye roll. J thief was very interesting because he was a mix of exasperation and concerned father. for all his resentment, he does not think of dumping hae joon and taking over the company for himself. instead he is trying to protect him from the board as well as try and save the company's reputation.

eun ha is truly stumped. thought she would be like "whatever" and continue with the engagement but this is too much for her. sera of course looks like she is still crazy and wants to still get married. @Gigi Salapong ~ am hoping janice won't get pregnant because that would be too predictable but given that we are on ep 35 only, guess, that might happen?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Good lord, HJ is absolutely stupid. Also, Carrie- what are you doing?

I feel like after all this goes down, there will be true revenge from all sides. HJ, Janice, Danny and Carrie herself. Lots of drama that I’ll be looking forward to.

Happy holidays everyone :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Lmangla I was very very late following this show because I'd like to see how the story goes until at least episode 30ish (all your recaps and comments are so helpful), and now I'm here. The actress who play Janice always star in horror movie, as an avid Korean and Japanese horror movie fans, I was getting old watching her movies :D for example Muoi, Voice (small role), she tried so many roles but somehow her images in my mind was from there horror movies. She is partly the reason why I'm taking the plunge following this drama, I'm not myself lately due to so many personal problems and I feel watching revenge drama storyline will add pressure to my heart, but I kind of like her, so here I am. 

I watched the preview but it seems I can't comment anything because I have a lot to catch up. I will try to catch up soon. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

On 12/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, Lmangla said:

ep 35 thoughts ~ so, all I can say is "HUH?" :lol:.. am in a grouchy mood, so the whole time I was thinking that she didn't have to actually spend the night with him in order to make an accusation. or if it was necessary to create that illusion, then she could have spiked his drink, dumped him in his room and walked away and reported him. that would have been more effective clear headed revenge. what on earth was carrie and danny thinking with this kind of pimping? @Ldy Gmerm ~ since am not convinced of this thunderbolt love, janice reaction also seems to be also as a result of pimping. it was bit too far for her to fall that low...

just like J thief, I was thinking why on earth hae joon decided to spend the night with a woman he just dumped. like hello, you dumped her and said you can never be with her. and then he takes her up to his room. yea, true love separated. eye roll. J thief was very interesting because he was a mix of exasperation and concerned father. for all his resentment, he does not think of dumping hae joon and taking over the company for himself. instead he is trying to protect him from the board as well as try and save the company's reputation.

eun ha is truly stumped. thought she would be like "whatever" and continue with the engagement but this is too much for her. sera of course looks like she is still crazy and wants to still get married. @Gigi Salapong ~ am hoping janice won't get pregnant because that would be too predictable but given that we are on ep 35 only, guess, that might happen?

I have watched the raw of the Dec.23 episode. I do not understand Korean but it looks like EH's biggest nightmare and MY 's too is coming. Janice will be able to know her past. this is actually the revenge part of the drama. So, the writer should not place a baby complication here. as for now the big merry mixup has come. Two karma's going at the same time. 

Who knows....... "off with their heads" says the Queen. (karma)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

Just finished episode 34....two things:

-HJ begs EH to keep his birth secret a secret when frankly he could blackmail her back for COMMITTING A CRIME and threaten that he will put her in jail if she exposes the truth, cmon HJ I’m not even a chaebol and I know this much

-YJ saying she never regretted loving him when just the episode before they were both regretting in their thoughts during date of having ever met three years ago (but then she leaves in private and it seems maybe she was just lying to him so I dunno)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 2