Quantcast
nohamahamoud2002

[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

"Irresponsible, indifferent and selfish": honestly, it felt good to see Baby Face punched!  He really is an entitled richard simmons.  I prefer Danny as hero.

But why is Danny seeking revenge so seriously?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

The shaman said something about HJs dad having another kid..maybe Danny is the illegitimate child of J thief?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

"Irresponsible, indifferent and selfish": honestly, it felt good to see Baby Face punched!  He really is an entitled richard simmons.  I prefer Danny as hero.

hae joon's character is normally the loser husband in daily dramas. not sure how he became the lead. at least danny does something. it looks like he is pursuing sera as per the revenge plan. ugh. why does this revenge plan require so much fake boring romance? won't it be far more effective to destroy them financially? people losing everything they own can be traumatic...

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

The shaman said something about HJs dad having another kid..maybe Danny is the illegitimate child of J thief?

ooh birth secret! the shaman asked if hae joon was J thief's kid because yoo kyung's fortune reads no children. that would certainly be an interesting twist if this happens...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

ep 30 thoughts ~ yoo kyung is hands down my favourite character in this; love how she reacts with both reason, dignity and gentleness. no amount of bullying or faulty logic from eun ha is going to sway eun kyung - was laughing when eun kyung points out a good fiance does not file assault report with police. eun ha has really gone mad and decides bullying someone into marriage is somehow going to make sera feel better. it is clear there is no thought. lets say that the marriage does happen. hae joon will distance himself and lead his own life and both will be roommates. does that really help a suicidal, depressed sera who is craving for love and attention? the only person who can see this as a disaster is inchul who says that sera will only get further ruined. however, no one is willing to listen to him.

yoo kyung and eun ha have a real fight where yoo kyung just says what she has been wanting to say for a long time -- lets break up!! eun ha is like I hate you too frenemy! :lol: yoo kyung thinks both mother and daughter are a really scary lot and doesn't want to be related to either of them. :lol: since yoo kyung can't be swayed, next stop is J thief. eun ha insists that J thief take the furniture (wedding stuff) and persuade yoo kyung by using the birth secret. J thief is shocked but talks to yoo kyung. she is shocked that eun ha would sink that low but J thief points out that if the wedding gets called off, eun ha is going to go around and tell everyone. hae joon is deaf even though he is outside the room. so he hears nothing. even though yoo kyung is shaken, he tells her that he will not be changing his mind.

carrie is really hurt and disappointed that janice hid the truth for so long. wonder how janice is going to react when she finds out that carrie hid the truth for 30 years. but carry has selective memory and has forgotten all about that. once she is reassured that hae joon was just a passing fancy 3 years ago, she asks janice to move on to the next plan -- hurt hae joon when he is the happiest. can someone explain how this revenge plan works? I really don't get how taking revenge on hae joon and sera achieves anything but whatever..

found the ending scene really dumb -- sera has paid a bunch of people to protest against janice for cheating. this really made me giggle. janice isn't some famous person. why would anyone care? ^_^

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yoo kyung is hands down my favourite character in this; love how she reacts with both reason, dignity and gentleness.

Yoo Kyung is a queen. She’s my favorite character too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Finally managed to catch up on all the episodes that I missed. Thanks @Lmangla for keeping up the fort till then in recapping the episodes that I missed as well as the rest of you commenters. Helped me have an idea of what was going on. Since I am still unable to recap over here. I will just add in my thoughts for the time being. Strange isn’t it. Thinking that on vacation you get more free time but instead you end up busier.

Any way enough of that and let me get back to my post.

Spoiler

First of all, I want to start off by saying something that might feel offensive to some people so let me start of by apologizing about it before hand. This is that Yoo Kyung and her family really don’t owe Eun Ha anything from an outsider’s point of view. As a family they may owe her something but that I feel has been paid of ages ago. What I mean by this is the fact that Eun Ha keeps on trying to claim credit for saving Baby Face’s life when he was a baby. But here is the simple face (and apologies for those in the medical field that may get offended) she didn’t do it for free. She was a doctor so she was paid to do so. It would have been different if she wasn’t on call that day and no other doctor was present thus she saved him or the incident happened on the field ie Yoo Kyung was giving birth at some mall due to the pregnancy happening earlier etc.. then yes she could claim said credit. Unfortunately for her she wasn’t even at duty when she was on call. She was busy trying to have a good time with her lover and when she was rejected she was far too busy getting drunk due to her being in a depressed mood and all. Also even if she did save him as she clams (since Yoo Kyung isn’t aware of the fact that she switched child’s or wasn’t present while she was on call) she still has gotten more out of it. As a mere doctor she would have been paid for her services and at most been rewarded something extra. This is entirely upto the grateful family. But this wasn’t the case. She has been using this fact to milk that grateful family for all these years. You can be sure that she has gotten numerous donations from them all these years so her hospital would have greatly improved from back then. Not only this but they have gone on to having numerous kinds of business dealings as well where they both have profited or atleast she has.

In other words, I feel like Yoo Kyung and her family have already done more than their share for her. This woman has abused her own power and friendship for her own gains. So no I don’t have an ounce of pity for her. She probably would have been a terrible mother even if her daughter didn’t get kidnapped. Probably the daughter would have run away on her own since she would be suffocated by the love that her mother would be giving her.

People have wondered what Eun Ha would have gained by revealing Baby Face’s birth secret. To be honest it would depend on who she reveals it to. I get the feeling that Mi Yun is probably going to find out first since it seemed from the preview that she was at Pandora. This means that she will either confide this fact to Mi Yun first asking how to proceed or she will reveal it to her intended target and Mi Yun will overhear it due to her recording devices in said room. Speaking of recording devices, I feel like Mi Yun should have a few placed in the nurse’s room as well this way she may discover something important as well.

Anyway back to the point itself. Eun Ha probably thinks that everyone is like her so she must reason that her revelation is going to make people behave in the same manner as she would. Her target could therefore be Baby Face himself or Yoo Kyung. Results that she intends could be as follows

Revelation to Baby Face she would probably think that the guy is so used to living his good and comfortable life that he would do anything to keep it. Therefore, she thinks that he may beg her not to reveal this fact to his mother and in return he will be forced to marry Sera. On the other hand, what she may not realize is that he may be very well be willing to give up said life if he can be with the woman that he loves and that this gives them an equal footing to be on. Also he may even leave his home since he will feel bad and guilty towards his mother. I can see him leave a letter thanking his mother for everything and asking for her forgiveness as well. She may misunderstand it’s meaning thinking that he left because of Janice until it is revealed to her that Eun Ha was blackmailing him.

As for Yoo Kyung the answer is equally simple. She knows how much Yoo Kyung loves and cares for him because she thinks that he is her son. So what is her reaction going to be once she discovers the truth. She is going to be hurt and equally heartbroken about it. she feels like Yoo Kyung will then probably kick him out of the house. This means that nobody wins at this point. She wouldn’t want her daughter to marry a mere nobody. As the heir of J Group she plans to benefit from this marriage while her daughter does the same. But once this is revealed she might also think that Sera might not be interested in marrying Baby Face. A miscalculation on her part since Sera doesn’t love him for his social position but for the fact that he was there for her when her parents weren’t.

Frankly speaking Eun Ha still has a way for her daughter to not lose it. she should start taking better care of her and focus more on her. Not saying that she should abandon the search for her missing daughter but balance it out with taking care of Sera. As Janice pointed out ages ago that is the parent’s responsibility and not Baby Faces. She should also try and talk some sense into Sera into leaving Baby Face and moving on with her life. Inchul is the smart one in that family. It is a pity that nobody bothers to listen to him these days. Infact I would say if they listened to him in the first place they probably would never be in this spot. Even Eun Ha could probably have led a happier life and not be locked down in a marriage with a man that she never loved in the first place.

Speaking of that I recall one of the recent episodes where the two mothers were talking about marrying someone that they didn’t love. Eun Ha tries to tell Yoo Kyung to remember her place since they both married people that they didn’t love so it would be equally possible for their kids to do the same. Clearly the people here have extremely short term memories. If I recall correctly Eun Ha made it appear that she was extremely happy since she was marrying someone that she loved. I remember in the beginning episodes Yoo Kyung told her that she was perhaps better of marrying Inchul compared to the man that she loved. Eun Ha was against that and was adamant that she would only marry the man that she loved or no one else. Eun Ha didn’t want to argue about that matter. Then when she starts to get blackmailed by Inchul to marry her she revealed to Yoo Kyung that she was not only marrying him but had been dating him secretly for some time. This clearly indicates that she had feelings for him and that is why she agreed to marry him, Yoo Kyung should have caught on to said fact. But I am willing to give it a pass because while for us viewers it has been about 30 episodes (actually less since it was prior to the last episode) for the characters it has been 30 years so this fact may have slipped Yoo Kyung’s mind.

Speaking of Sera does anyone think that her wanting to being with Baby Face at all cost comes from her father’s side or her mothers. Since her father did whatever he could use to get to marry her mother. Then again we have Eun Ha who refuses to let the matter go and wants to go ahead with this marriage as well.

Someone mentioned the fact that Sera gotten a bunch of people chanting against Janice for cheating and embezzling from the company. I just wanted to correct this fact. It was probably Eun Ha who paid them. this could be seen by the comment that she made. “So this is what mother meant” but I do agree with them Sera isn’t that famous of a person that this will have a major impact on her perse. She might have had better luck if she got a couple of news reporters present as well on that day. Actually that would have gone on much better considering the fact that Baby Face actually came to her rescue. This would be more embarrassing since Baby Face being the heir to the company has already publically announced his wedding from what I have gathered and him doing that would make people wonder if there is any kind of truth in rumors that he is having an affair with one of the workers and even more since that worker is being accused of theft. If they decide to further look into the matter it may reveal all the corrupt things that J Group has done. But while we are on the topic it may have equally been Danny and Janice that may have paid those people to stage a show instead. We only assume that it is Eun Ha that paid those people due to Sera’s comment. But the way Janice was confidently smiling. In other words, it was meant for Baby Face to realize that she was in danger and thus come to her rescue showing of his feelings for her. Atleast to the people in the company since anyone else wouldn’t know or care about her. But like I said it would have much more of an impact if reporters were present that day.

Also him rescuing her like that would also signify another thing. J Thief was showing of his authorithy by kicking her out like that but Baby Face was counteracting it by bringing her back into the company. This may very well be the start of the power struggle in the company between father and son. We have all seen how J Thief holds onto his seat of power and has no intention of ever giving it up to anyone. In an episode sometime back Baby Face mentioned to Janice that his father considers everyone his rival even including him.

Then there were things in this show that I was equally surprised to hear about. Eun Ha encourages her daughter to spend the night over at Baby Face’s place. Her father is rightfully shocked how a single unmarried woman could do that. Eun Ha tries to defend the action that since they are going to get married eventually it would be okay. She didn’t therefore consider the rumors that could spread like this since it wouldn’t matter in the long run. She was just living in her future husbands house just a few days early. Not considering what could happen if that failed. The same for Yoo Kyung. She comes to wake Sera only to find her missing and just her clothes. She immediately thinks that the kids must have made up and slept together. Wait you don’t care that your son just slept with a woman before they got married. Every time that happens I feel bad for the female. Yes, the guy has promised to marry you (well it wasn’t in this case but since it didn’t happen I won’t go there) and lets even assume that the marriage date has been set. Meaning that the person has an intent of being with the female. Now let’s say something happens that is beyond the males control. Perhaps he is on the way to the wedding and gets into an accident. What happens if he passes away due to it? if it was just a simple sleepover things might not get messy. But if things got more serious that night the repercussions on the poor female would be worse. If she gets pregnant due to that who would be willing to marry her. We already know how Koreans in dramas regard single mothers. I would rather wait a day more to be with a woman than ruin her life. Other things can also crop up such as a war may break up and they get separated (also an extreme example) and they try and find each other. People might still not want to be with her. But atleast in a fictious setting those two would eventually find their ways back and live happily ever after.

Eun Ha really doesn’t know how to stop now that she has started. It may have been difficult for her in the start but now she has become a pro and is making her daughter one as well. For instance, she didn’t consider how her actions would look when she was dunking Janice like that. It was Sera who pointed out that they should cover their tracks and take care of the video recording (CCTV). Not only that she is now a master blackmailer on top of other factors as well. Accessory to attempted murder, negligence of duty, accessory to theft of intellectual property etc… Though at this point I have to wonder how did the bucket even have water in the first place. I can only assume that it currently isn’t freezing in Korea since the cast can still dress like that at times. Sera barely had any clothes the night she was staying over at his place and especially the way she left that night. Even Janice sometimes seems to wear clothes that seem to be better suited for summer than winter. Anyway it makes no sense to find a large drum full of water to be up there. It didn’t look like there was any construction going on over there and even if that was the case why was the water there. I get it was there for plot purposes but other than that it makes no sense. I would perhaps find more sense if there was construction going on over there and she picked up a metal rod or something and used it to threaten Janice. But no she had to dunk her head in water. Perhaps it would have been better if Mi Yun had indeed witnessed this. Then again I feel like everyone was so dumb there that they didn’t instantly figure out what had happened to her. There is no reason for her to get wet since it wasn’t raining that day. Did they think that she was washing her face in the toilet and that was why she was wet? Danny was the only smart one that day that he figured out that there was something wrong. I really hope that he atleast sends that recording to Baby Face. Though at this point I doubt that he can do anything about it. he has shown just how incompetent he is when it comes to protecting the woman that he loves. He always tries to do something after the damage has been done rather than try and prevent it. Sorry but he doesn’t get any points from me. Danny is in a way the same but atleast he is more effective in gathering said information and using it effectively.

With a useless guy like Baby Face he might as well end up with Sera. I don’t care about him anymore nor am I going to be cheering for him until he does something more. Too bad we already know how the pairings are going to end up in this show. One day love works wonders doesn’t it.

Oh Danny being J Thief’s son is certainly an interesting theory if that turns out to be true. Hope that isn’t the case though since Mi Yun might not approve of his relationship with Janice. (she seems to be okay with it for the time being) so I have my doubts about it. I mean it makes total sense for Mi Yun to adopt her enemy’s son and use him as part of her revenge since she is doing that with Janice. So it is understandable that she finds out about his birth secret and then decides to adopt him for her own gains. It is certainly in line with the way that she operates. But I to be honest I would rather that not be the case. Since I want her to have a genuine relationship with one of her kids and not using them as a tool for her revenge. Infact if they are indeed going to go down this route then I would rather prefer that she herself is unaware of this fact till much later on. This will make her feel conflicted in how she feels about him when she discovers the truth. Also I am not liking how she is starting to have nightmares about Janice leaving her. On one hand this goes to show just how attached she has become towards her and how she now considers her as her actual daughter. But on the other hand the drama is indicating that the time for her actual identity to be revealed is also coming out to be true.

I kind of feel bad for Danny. He really has gotten himself involved with a lot of troublesome females. They are certainly too much for him to handle yet he is doing it. one is nuts over a guy who just isn’t into her and the other happens to get into trouble every other week. Then we have his mother who is totally focused on her revenge to take that she can’t see what is happening to her daughter or others around her.

Sorry have to end this post here for the time being since I am back to taking care of my nephews. So take care all of you and keep posting since I am looking forward to reading them. I know that I have more to add but it can’t be helped at this point.

• Insightful 4

@yamiyugi I had to smile at, well, I smiled at all of it, but I smiled big at, “one day love does wonders, doesn’t it?” If I claimed to be devastated over a man I’d met for one day three years ago, my parents would have Pooh-pooled it all as nonsense and only paid attention to the accident part. I’d have gotten a serious shouting, even as an adult, for being so distracted. And someone who is heir to a company and a manager at that is getting treated like a mental Faberge egg? Why? He’s supposed to be all healthy and normal!

• LOL 3

@yamiyugi ~ totally agree with you that yoo kyung and her family don't owe eun ha anything. can understand your caution because different places have different reactions towards the results of doctor care. a drama that I really liked "live up to your name" showed how doctors hands are tied; even with good quality of care, some patients die whereas some live. in the drama, both the leads are physicians. the male lead said -- there is a 3 tier in healing that doctors forget -- there is patient's will and response to treatment, doctor's care and lastly the heaven's will. only when all 3 align, the patient lives and gets better. this is how the male lead comforts the female lead after she loses a patient for the first time despite her best efforts. he tells her that doctors can only treat but not necessarily heal. personally, found this wisdom very insightful on setting reasonable expectations in regards to medical care ~ who says you can't learn from a drama! 

eun ha taking on that kind of credit for herself is not only arrogant but speaks of her guilty conscience. one child died and another survived. it was not like she did something extra special for one but neglected another. however, she clings to the success story of hae joon as a way to absolve her conscience that this other child died. over time, it has become a kind of right in her head that she should be given importance and her way should be preference. eun ha like sera has a victim complex -- everybody is wrong except themselves.

very perceptive that eun ha expects others to react the same way she will to the birth secret and hence her weird tactics. it will be shattering to her when things don't go her way...

P.S ~ cast your vote!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Se Ra and Eun Ha are hands down one of the craziest mother-daughter duos I've even seen in a drama. We are not even halfway through the show and they already tried to kill the leading lady three times (not to mention all the screaming, slapping and two suicide attempts). Getting Janice trapped in an elevator knowing she's claustrophobic was bad enough, but when Eun Ha grabbed her by the hair and dunked her head in that bucket of water, trying to drown her, I was speechless. I can't wait to see Eun Ha's face when she finds out she's been trying to murder her own daughter. I really hope Janice won't forgive Eun Ha when the truth is revealed just because she's her birth mom, but this is a daily drama, which means everything will end up in forgiveness :rolleyes:

Eun Ha told Hae Joon that she switched the babies and Yoon Kyung isn't his biological mother , so now he'll probably marry Se Ra to prevent his mom from finding out the painful truth. That marriage will be a nightmare though, especially for Se Ra. It's twisted how Eun Ha claims she's doing this for her daughter when she's doing it all for herself. She's so prideful and arrogant that she can't stand that the child she "saved" doesn't want anything to do with her daughter. If she really loved Se Ra, she wouldn't want her to marry a man who doesn't love her. Same goes for Se Ra, I don't think she loves Hae Joon. She's just obssesed with him because he's the only one who looked after her. She feels like her missing sister took her parents from her and now Janice is taking Hae Joon from her. Wait 'till she finds out Janice and her sister are the same person :crazy:

• Like 5

ep 31 should be titled daddy issues! hahahha... the actor playing hae joon can apparently act because we saw some real emotion and conflict between him and J thief. it was more emotional than his thunderbolt love from 3 years ago. :lol: so we do get more context to how J thief ended up marrying yoo kyung. he was the grandmother's assistant and when yoo kyung finds herself pregnant but boyfriend dead, the grandmother arranged the marriage

@yamiyugi ~ given how J thief was the assistant, we can assume that he picked up all his thieving ways from the chairwoman as she was his mentor and manager. the fight over Janice leads into a much bigger conflict with J thief and hae joon.

J thief feels like he has been the 3rd wheel in this household and felt like hae joon was somehow his rival. to make it worse, hae joon has the sophistication that J thief lacks. hae joon has felt like nothing he did was good enough. hae joon questioning J thief only adds fuel to the fire where J thief feels like he got the raw end of the deal by adopting this kid who doesn't appreciate anything he gives. it actually turned out to be an interesting conflict with lots of bite -- much more energy than this thunderbolt love from 3 years ago where everyone looks like they are half asleep.

yoo kyung continues to amaze me. eun ha gets water slapped chingus! eun ha of course is arrogant and basically continues to threaten yoo kyung with the birth secret. loved that while yoo kyung was initially upset, her next tactic is a gracious retreat where she says to postpone the wedding and basically let things cool off for now.

does anyone wonder what is this scandal that janice wants to plan? nothing makes much sense. everyone seems shocked but janice feels she must go on with this last offense if she has to regain the trust of miyun and danny. am actually getting bored by all of this and wondering when carrie is going to step up and lead the battle. then we will get the real fireworks.

@zhanna ~ eun ha and sera are certainly the craziest mother-daughter duo. at the rate of attempted murders and death threats, most likely jail is the conclusion. and yea, it is going to be crazy if they all become one big happy family. eye roll. and eun ha seems to think that revealing the birth secret will force hae joon to stay in this relationship. oh, she just doesn't realize that she poked a bee's hive!

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, tulip06 said:

It's quite a good show!

just wish we had more chemistry between the leads. then we would have some bite and stakes to the relationship. instead, it is so boring that you don't even care if they break up or get together.

but am wondering what will happen when the birth secret comes out. till janice comes to know the truth, is she going to think that she was having a romantic relationship with her brother -- cue fauxcest angst?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I hope Janice, or Jennis, as the subs say, thinks HJ is her brother after they do the deed. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Spoiler

J thief got all turned on by the swearing! ROFLMAO!

And in that big house, he had no other room to sleep in?  He couldn't sleep in HJ's?  Crikey.

So, I think the person who has actually devastated HJ is Eun Ha.  He is going to reject "Jennis" and the revenge plan of romance and dumping him is going down the drain now.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

ep 32 thoughts ~ eun ha is not just crazy but sadistic. does anyone else think she really enjoys rubbing it in people's faces that she has the power to make them miserable. and to call it "cooperation"? well, she is really going to lose it when the truth comes out. didn't thnk she would tell the entire truth to hae joon but she does with a twist. she blames the chairwoman for the switch and says the baby's mom was a single mom who died during labour. inchul is agahst at this reveal but eun ha is confident that the dead can't come back to haunt her and her hands will be clean. won't it be fun if the chairwoman comes as a ghost to haunt her in her dreams though? ^_^

hae joon is so upset that he gives sera the cold shoulder -- that would actually be the best revenge if he is forced to marry sera. just ignore and watch her go crazy. since he is getting the dna test done, wonder what his move will be once the results come out...

eun ha is in such a gloating mood that she has to brag a little to her new best friend. ofcourse she can't tell what the actual move is but she gets a lot of little evil giggles from there. most of the episode is spent on carrie and danny wondering what on earth is going on. carrie chats with yoo kyung who remains my favourite character in this. she tells carrie that too much has happened and she doesn't trust either mother or daughter.  @yamiyugi ~ yoo kyung now clearly sees that eun ha's repeated words "I saved your son" is all about scheming and following by some threats.

janice continues to be boring. for a revenge princess, she looks like she took sleeping pills and just woke up. does anyone else feel that? am wondering if carrie will figure out that hae joon is actually her son and how that will shake up the revenge plan.

@tulip06 ~ J thief is really funny. was laughing at how he was trying to squeeze himself on the bed and yoo kyung just told him to sleep in the study. hahahah.. but the best line was when he told carrie that he is sick of this triangle and he hates love triangles. his face looked like every drama viewer who feels exasperated at watching a love triangle. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi Ladies:wub:, I'm in this thread right now. I was a little hesitate to watch this drama, but can't resist it after I skipped two or three preceeding revenge drama. I miss everybody's analysis and comments, I'm looking forward to read your analysis here :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Okay after watching episodes 31 and 32 I feel like 31 was much better than 32. The latter episode was a total drag. Infact if we were to make a summary of that episode you will realize that nothing really happened in it and that you could fast forward most of the episode and feel like you haven’t missed a thing.

Won’t bother with a major recap because it just isn’t worth the time. Here are just the highlights of it.

Spoiler

Eun Ha reveals to Baby Face his birth secret and she is as honest as she can be in regards to it. (meaning she still manages to lie about it. Not a total surprise considering that she has been lying about saving him all these years). She then gives him an ultimatum get back with the wedding or else she is going to go public with this which will result in the deaths of both his mother and Sera or he can choose to ignore all this and be with Janice.

Then we have almost the rest of the episode of him being in denial about this fact and wondering if this can actually be true. He tries to use his good friend google (or whatever is it’s equivalent in Korea) to no avail. So he can’t be sure whether or not Eun Ha was making the whole thing up or not. Then by the end of the episode he actually decides to do what Eun Ha suggested to him in the start of the episode. Aka run a DNA test for confirmation. Yes, he should have done that first and then tried to figure things out while waiting for the result.

Anyway since the guy is in a total shock at said revelation he is totally out of it that he has gone off the grid so we don’t even have much interactions between him and the female leads. At most just one scene with each of them. Everyone knows something is up but not what it is. Mi Yun has Danny keep tabs on him in the hopes of figuring out what it is. So he has him followed to the DNA testing lab and has this fact reported.

Also Mi Yun has realized from her conversation with Eun Ha that she has finally used her trump card but still has no idea what it is since Eun Ha hasn’t revealed this fact to her. She does hint to Yoo Kyung that Eun Ha has one and wonders if Yoo Kyung is aware of it and that she should perhaps take precautions regarding it. Yoo Kyun denies having any idea of what it is but Mi Yun realizes that she is lying. But regardless of this her plan is to make Eun Ha and Yoo Kyung duke it out amongst themselves while she watches from the sidelines.

The only thing of worth in this entire episode is probably what we learn of Mi Yun’s next part of the revenge plan. Eun Ha is informed from one of her Doctor Friends (from what I am gathering it is the doctor that is incharge of the place where the nurse is being held) that reporters are interested in holding interviews with other doctors that are donating to such places and all. Eun Ha is initially hesitant to take part in it until her friend tells her that participating in it will be good for her husband’s political career. So she agrees to do it but she wants the reporters to send her questions that they will be asking her so that she can prepare beforehand. We know that this is part of Mi Yun’s plan to take her down because as soon as Eun Ha confirms her taking part in the interview Mi Yun’s assistant informs her of this. From this we can infer that atleast one of the reporters are going to be on Mi Yun’s payroll and are going to bring up a question that is off topic. Either to embarrass her by revealing something related to her past or something that she may have done recently. Not sure what that can be since she has been pretty smart in most of her works. Assaulting Janice might work but it depends how the reporter has the recording. For instance, if it was a video by someone else taking it and then sending it to the reporter than Mi Yun and company would be safe. On the other hand, if it was a recording from Pandora’s security video footage then Mi Yun and company would be tipping their hands and wouldn’t be good for them. come to think about it if Danny submits the video footage from J Group’s roof CCTV where it shows Eun Ha dunking Janice in the water then it could also work. Infact it would have much better results since this would not only embarrass her publically but also at the same time she would probably think that someone in that company deliberately sent that video (probably assume that it was J Thief) and since he was trying to backstab her she will reveal something just as important to hurt them.

Eun Ha did tell her friend to not let anyone know about the nurse that they are keeping over there. But not sure how that can help anyone at this point. The nurse is currently out of it so she can’t reveal anything to the reporters at this point. Plus, she wasn’t anyone important 30 years back or even now. So the reveal that the nurse is there might have no significance at this point. They can’t prove that they are holding the nurse against her will. Perhaps if someone got her medical charts and is smart enough to know that she is being drugged might be a different story but even then what are they going to do. Will Eun Ha be forced to release the nurse. Fine let’s say that is the case but in her current situation where will the nurse go. Perhaps Mi Yun can offer to look after the nurse. But I doubt that Eun Ha will be okay with that. The nurse holds a major secret over her and if anyone discovers that they may use it to attempt and blackmail her. She would be an idiot to allow Mi Yun access to the nurse. We have seen in these last few episodes that while she trusts Mi Yun to an extent it isn’t absolute since she didn’t reveal her Trump Card to her. Plus, on top of all this she knows that Mi Yun is also close to Yoo Kyung so it would be double foolish of her to allow Mi Yun to be with the nurse on the off chance that the nurse recovers and reveals what she knows to Mi Yun who will then reveal said information to Yoo Kyung.

Then again we know how much idiotic all these characters are so she might just be okay with doing all this.

If only Mi Yun was willing to think outside of the box she would have discovered what Eun Ha was trying to hide. From the preview of the next episode they are all wondering why Baby Face could have gone to a DNA testing lab. One of them figured out that perhaps it was because his parents were actually not his parents. If she had looked into that matter further she could have figured out that the babies were switched back in the day. Since she knows that Yoo Kyung was pregnant back then as well she assumes that can’t be the case and at best J Thief isn’t his biological dad. She is close and I can only assume that she will somehow get a test done that will prove the fact. She will think that she knows Eun Ha’s secret but it won’t be complete. I can understand the reasoning behind her thinking but if she actually cared to consider what her senses were trying to tell her she would have discovered the birth secret plot as well. I guess it is time to hire the Goof Troop from the previous dramas since they have become pros at obtaining DNA samples.

The only other thing that was slightly amusing in this episode was J Thief wanting to get into the mood with Yoo Kyung at night only for him to be not only kicked out of the bed but also the bedroom and that would be the case till he resolved the engagement problem between Baby Face and Sera. He was banished to his study which has no room since it is full of the wedding furniture that Baby Face has refused to accept.

Speaking of the birth secret I wonder if this alters Mi Yun’s revenge plan or not. The person that has really wronged her and her husband was J Thief. If Baby Face isn’t his son, then his blood doesn’t course through his veins. But does that mean she also considers Yoo Kyung her enemy as well for some reason or the other. She may think that she didn’t believe her or was trying to defend her husband’s actions and if she didn’t do that justice could have been served so she is also on her revenge list. But atleast Mi Yun has a few lines that she isn’t willing to cross even for the sake of her revenge. For instance, in the last episode Janice volunteers that the best way to hurt Baby Face was to trap him in a sex scandal and that she was willing to play the role of bait and do her part. Mi Yun was totally against that. Won’t say that it helped since she finally agreed to it but I give her points since she didn’t bring it up first and didn’t want her daughter’s future to be ruined. Frankly I think that a better way to hurt Baby Face is to not break up his engagement with Sera but to also agree to marry with Janice and even set up the wedding date and all. But Janice decides to do a disappearing act at the last moment thus embarrassing everyone present.

Back to the point where Eun Ha had the gall to place the entire blame on the baby switch on his dead grandmother. She knows that the woman can’t defend herself since she is dead so she uses it. She doesn’t want to harm her own family name so she doesn’t reveal that the real person responsible was actually her father. Not only that she lies about how his mother died as well. I guess on second thought that was smart of her because if he knew the real reason then he would want revenge on both families and that wouldn’t be good for Sera or the rest of her family as well. Atleast Inchul was smart enough to warn her to not let Sera find out the real reason why Baby Face changed his mind and is now willing to marry her (if he does). She is going to get hurt. Not that I care about it anymore.

The only thing that I liked about this entire embezzling frame up that Janice has been set up with is that neither Baby Face nor members of Club Janice believe it. (atleast her team members) so she has some sort of support in that company. I would also like to see Yoo Kyung’s reaction when she discovers what her husband has done. She may not approve of Janice but I doubt that she would be okay with her being set up like that. Perhaps it will help her wisen up to her husband’s other side. But I have my doubts.

Other scenes that were amusing in the last episode. Baby Face decides to leave home and J Thief was let him until his wife reminded him that he now could move in with Janice and start living with her or worse. At this point he is oh no what have I done. Quickly call him back. LoL or the part when J Thief tries to hit Baby Face. He stops him and lets him know that he has been body building so now he can hold his own and that he won’t get bullied by him anymore.

You know I think that it might have been better for Janice to be honest about her feelings towards Baby Face to her mother instead of lying to her. I think that it would have more of an impact on Mi Yun to realize just how far Janice is willing to go for her revenge and what sacrifices that she also has to make. If she discovers the truth much later on it will be worse for all the parties involved. We have already seen just how hurt she was when she discovered the truth and wondered why she kept it a secret. She might even think later on that if she can abandon the man she loves what will stop her from doing the same to her later on when she discovers the truth. Granted as everyone keeps pointing out that it was just one day that those two spent together so it is possible that Mi Yun believes her since it may have been hard for her to fall in love with him as well and that it was only a one sided crush on his part. But I think that if she knows the truth then she might be more open to having the two of them marry each other. At this point she may be against it for various reasons but she would want both her children to be happy and since she thinks that Janice doesn’t really have feelings for Baby Face she won’t be a good match for him. I guess that mistake is on Janice’s part.

@tulip06 Let’s face it who in this drama isn’t obsessed over something or the other. From the ladies the only one that isn’t obsessed over Baby Face at this point is Mi Yun’s assistant. Janice to an extent. She loves him but isn’t totally into him just because of her revenge. Yoo Kyung is like that since he is her only child. Surprised that he didn’t run off earlier. Sera and Eun Ha are obsessed into making him their husband and SiL respectively though for their own reasons. Mi Yun isn’t a 100% obsessed with him because she doesn’t know the truth but you can be sure that the moment she does she is going to join the club.

@zhanna Once Sera discover that those two are the same she can be happy that she can merge her hatred for her sister and Janice into one. That will save her a lot of time and energy. Oh we certainly agree that she is confusing her love and obsession as one for Baby Face. He was there for her when her parents weren’t and she mistook that for love. In a sense it probably was love just not the love that she wants and needs. Though let’s face it all these second leads have obsessive love which I never understand. If the guy doesn’t love you now how will they do so after they are married. Why live an unhappy life is beyond me at this point.

@tulip06 good points about how it totally doesn’t make sense how these characters fell in love with each other in just one day. How that would almost be impossible in the present day. Also glad that you liked the line “One day love does wonders doesn’t it” though to be honest this is quite embarrassing but I don’t even remember writing it. will have to look up my previous comments and recaps to find it.

@Lmangla I don’t think that I have heard about the 3 tier in healing ever mentioned in dramas but in reality that is probably true. Anyway let’s see how Eun Ha’s revelation works. Frankly I am hoping that it backfires on her face big time. But she has caught him in a tricky position. He may very well be okay to leave everything behind because he would think that he doesn’t deserve any of it and unlike in the previous drama he doesn’t have a wife with her own agenda to convince him to stay where he currently is. Though in this case he does have an obsessed mother who will get heartbroken if he leaves and according to Eun Ha the shock will kill her. He proved the former when he told J Thief that he can have the company as he doesn’t care about that. He would rather have his acceptance and love. Oh that brings up an interesting point what if he agrees to marry Sera but let’s everyone know that he wants nothing to do with J Group in return. That will be something that Eun Ha wasn’t expecting and this way she gains nothing from the marriage.

This covers most of my points for the time being. Take care all of you and keep posting as I look forward to reading them.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

47 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

Okay after watching episodes 31 and 32 I feel like 31 was much better than 32. The latter episode was a total drag

Totally compared to the pace of the last episodes I’m enjoying that finally the plot is moving forward and progressing these recent episodes. I’m excited what will happen next.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1