[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

After 103 episodes, I was hoping for something more ..... still

So Eun Ha was faking it. Its oddly fitting that this would be just about the only way she would show some kind of repentance.   About the only thing I can say is that at least its better than the cliche' selective amnesia

Is Carry dead? Yes, I saw the trembling hand into unconsciousness, but the doc kept hyping the new treatment was promising .....:unsure: anyone? 

YK is sweet again! - I hated the writers sending her down the cruel road the last couple episodes.

I'm okay with Danny & Sera - I would've liked more build up to their relationship though. I think it would've been great to see Danny slowly letting go of Jennis and falling for Sera, meanwhile he could be the firm hand of reason that slowly brings Sera back from her psychosis

Danny gets episodes best line - "Ive seen many couples break up at their wedding"  (the look on Sera's face :lol:)

HJ & Jennis - golf ads??? :blink: - CRINGE!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I forgot to say Hae Joon's glasses were dorky :blink: was that even necessary?

I wonder what the netizens think of the ending. Now I'm waiting to see if they release the various artists/instrumental background music OST? I liked that music in the ending scene 

*is hoping Danny/Se Ra be in another drama together again but I doubt it* 

had a slightly different take on eunha. it didn't strike me that eunha was putting on a show till others mentioned it. :sweatingbullets: just thought it was a natural progression of dementia as patients do have moments of clarity where they recognize someone and events and then slip back into a fuzzy state. also it made sense that she would recognize sera because she was someone who she lived with for so long. thats how I interpreted eunha's situation.

anyways, best part of the drama was the background. score. have been searching but it doesn't look like it was posted. the songs have been posted but it is not what I am interested in. @crystaltears, if you manage to find the background music, do let us know here. thanks. see you all in another drama thread!

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

had a slightly different take on eunha. it didn't strike me that eunha was putting on a show till others mentioned it. :sweatingbullets: just thought it was a natural progression of dementia as patients do have moments of clarity where they recognize someone and events and then slip back into a fuzzy state. also it made sense that she would recognize sera because she was someone who she lived with for so long. thats how I interpreted eunha's situation.

anyways, best part of the drama was the background. score. have been searching but it doesn't look like it was posted. the songs have been posted but it is not what I am interested in. @crystaltears, if you manage to find the background music, do let us know here. thanks. see you all in another drama thread!

Agree with all this except the best part: for me, it was the clothes!

I skipped stupid Jennis and HJ and Carry too. And I no longer want to see any of the actors act anymore. I do want to see the actors playing Sera and Danny in a show together as a couple again. They really did make a beautiful couple.

So, I wasn't going to do the next one, but habits dies hard. I might watch all five episodes of next week at once, though. See @Lmangla there?

@tulip06 ~ keekeke... towards the end, I liked both hae joon and jenis but just not together. hahahah.. it was more like their individual performances with others were strong but it was a limp romance for sure. danny and sera were visually very striking and had a nice easy vibe. definitely would enjoy watching them together again in another drama. PD casting should take notice. in terms of clothes, I liked yoo kyung's clothes the best -- for some reason, they had so much flair and character depending on whatever mood she was in. it was rather entertaining to see her decked in black like a boss when she was mad and throwing plates at J thief ^_^.... am planning to check out the next drama even if it sounds like countless other dailys just for the fun of it.....

13 hours ago, MeMyself&I said:

Can someone help me out? is Danny Carry's Biological son. Because the writers completely ignored their mother son relationship.

no he was adopted, he explains to Hae Joon about his past at EP 13 13:25 minutes in. 

but yeah it felt more like he was an assistant for them than a son though :huh:

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

I was disappointed in ending. Off to rewatch flames of desire, apjeong midnight, and golden pouch 

Good idea, I am rewatching Heaven's Promise. Not all episodes, eschew the last two... :confounded: Ep 85 -90 are great. Especially when Nayeong tells off her father.

7 hours ago, philosophie said:

I was disappointed in ending. Off to rewatch flames of desire, apjeong midnight, and golden pouch 

I still haven't finished Flames of Desire. I have started watching Flower of the Queen though, I like it. I also should watch Queen of Ambition... and Family Secrets, but it's still unsubbed for some reason. I can't find Noble Lady or Still You (two great dailies) anywhere. Still digging for Cheondamdong Scandal and Miss Mermaid. I also haven't finished Glass Mask, Daring Woman, Ice Adonis or Hotelier.

40 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am rewatching Heaven's Promise. Not all episodes, eschew the last two... :confounded: Ep 85 -90 are great. Especially when Nayeong tells off her father.

Yes! That was the second climax of the drama! That and when the grandma with dementia tells off the evil mom, then they fight.

So the show has finally been done. What thoughts do the viewers here have? do they think that Karma was done enough to every character that deserved it. was the ending as predictable as we expected

Here are my thoughts regarding them.

Spoiler

Let’s start off with Eun Ha the Big Bad without whom the story would never have taken place. She ends up with possible amnesia and dementia. I say possible because by the end she is thanking Sera (in her mind) about helping her get over Janice and sticking by her side. Someone mentioned how she might not be faking it since it makes sense that dementia patients may have a clear day and thus be able to remember Janice on one of those. A valid point but if such a thing happened one would have expected her to demand to see Janice. Her not doing so would indicate some character growth but at the same time also indicating that she is far more aware of things going on. For instance, does this mean that she recalls everything after her accident and has agreed to play along with that. Still a growth at this time is a bit too late. I would have preferred that she got a bit more of Karma returned to her.

Why do I say that is simple? Even after all that she has done she still ends up with most of her family to take care of her. Janice isn’t with her and some people may feel that is enough. But that only settles up with her swapping Baby Face. What about all the other people that she has hurt along the way. For instance, take that nurse who she had locked up in that mental asylum for X amount of years. To the extent that the nurse ended up with drugged and unsure of who she was and her memories. The nurse ended up paying for her involvement. But Eun Ha hasn’t it would have probably been better if her family ended up leaving her because they couldn’t handle her brand of crazy. Which could have easily resulted in her losing her mind. This would mean that she could then have ended up in the mental asylum alone. Perhaps after a time skip I might have been okay if Sera found her and decided to take after her. After all Sera did have a bit of crazy in her which she no doubt took from her mother. Not sure though if I would have had Sera bring her home at this point or left her mother there with the occasional visits.

Regardless as I have stated she seems to have been punished to an extent as she can’t have Janice the one person that she was trying to track and have till the very end. I do have to agree that it does seem a bit strange that she couldn’t seem to remember Janice only Sera. (regardless of whether or not she was faking it at that time)

Inchul and Sera are a bit harder to see. They still end up taking care of Eun Ha in her state. But we don’t learn anything else about that. For instance, do the two still work. Is Inchul still a politician. They are still living in Eun Ha’s rich house so that must mean that income is coming from somewhere but the question is where that is. Inchul should probably be banned from politics as well as returning to his journalistic roots for everything that he has done. Though given what the drama has shown us I get the feeling that he would still remain in politics. His party claimed that they would drop him if any more scandals popped up as they had an image and reputation to uphold etc.. as far as I can recall nothing else major happened after that point and as Mi Yun has forgiven him. The birth secrets aren’t going to get exposed. This probably means that he can retain his political position. Though this also means that he is stuck taking care of his so called sick wife as well. Perhaps leaving her at this point may not look good for him both politically or otherwise. So he is stuck with her. Again not sure how good that is. To an extent he has woken up that she is more trouble than worth it and he may be over her. But then again he just wanted some breathing space from her not a divorce. That was something that Eun Ha thought of doing on her own.

As for Sera will get down to her later. I just felt that I should cover the adults first.

So this finally leaves us with J Thief the other person whose actions led to the entire revenge. He ends up behind bars. Totally remorseless until after the time skip. At this point he perhaps starts to lose it as his conscious talks to him in his son’s voice and tells him to repent and apologize. Clearly the scene is meant to be funny. Regardless of all the parties involved I feel that Karma has finally been given to him. He is supposed to pay for his crimes in a realistic way compared to the others who sort of got it easy. Eun Ha may have lost her mind but she still gets to live a comfortable life of sorts ie eat good food and sleep in a warm bed. Sure she doesn’t get the daughter that she wants but compared to J Thief she gets the better deal. Some might not think that since she isn’t mentally comfortable. Still I am hoping that regardless of Dori the jail time is enough for J Thief to finally snap to his senses and realize just what is important and who is family really is. For instance, even though he is serving his time Baby Face still visits him occasionally and sends him money so that he can spend it in the mess or other ways. This is after he knows the birth secret. He still wants J Thief to be his father. J Thief should have been embarrassed and apologized to him at that point instead of hoping that the money was substantial. Regardless after his jail time if he does I feel that should be good enough. Whether or not he returns to Yoo Kyung at this point is up for grabs. Though it might not be possible considering all that he has done. Plus, he probably also lost all rights to be with his son even after he returns so it might be punishment enough.

So now we move on to Sera herself. Clearly she has finally moved on and now ends up with Danny as many predicted. Their relationship at this point is certainly funny at times. Such as Danny pointing out that there can be walk out brides (clearly a dig at how Janice’s wedding ended up and thus also at her) and grooms. So one shouldn’t be sure till all the dotted lines are signed and all. Frankly I would have rather seen more of their interactions during those two years to make it believable. The next question I have to wonder is if she is doing any kind of job. Now people may think that is a weird question to bring up. So let me apologize and admit that I can be a bit weird at times but regardless I do have a reason for that. We have already seen how her mother can’t be without her for long. Whenever she is in her senses she wants to be with Sera afraid of losing her. We have seen just how frustrated Sera can get because of that. So just imagine if she is at work only to get a frantic call from home that her mother is looking for her. Which would entail her rushing back home. I guess she wanted her mother’s attention all those years and she is finally getting it. A full 30 years that she missed. Though in this case I do feel bad for Danny since he is going to end up with one crazy MiL for life. He might not even get to spend even a decent night with Sera if he ends up marrying her since her mother might decide to summon Sera over or show up herself. Regardless the only company that might be willing to keep Sera under such conditions and circumstances would be J Group. But the question would be being whether or not she would want to remain there considering the fact that Janice and Baby Face work there. It might make sense after spending some time away from work. Perhaps she cashed in all her remaining holidays and stayed at home looking after her mother before finally returning allowing her to get over those two.

What I would have perhaps liked to see is her get on better terms with Janice after the time skip. Have both sisters make amends. They don’t have to be sisters now that Janice has cut all ties with her family but they can still be good friends. Perhaps that is Danny’s part in all of this. Considering that the Janice and him and a close relationship. So it could make sense that they continued to have it by the end. Thus during one of his visits Sera could also occasionally tag along thus mending those bridges. Also Janice has left an open invitation to do so. Such as if she ever finds herself in need of help she would do so to the best of her ability. Sera refused any kind of help but one could see that she was touched by it. Therefore, it would make sense if we could see them being atleast friends by this point.

Mi Yun she unfortunately ends up dying. Clearly the ending scene is how Janice still wishes that she was around. So that Mi Yun was more of a spirit than actually being present. Some say that Mi Yun finally got her peace. But I would have rather preferred her to still stay alive watch her grandchildren grow and be on good terms with Yoo Kyung and share Baby Face as well. I guess we got as much of that as we could so I guess I should be grateful for those moments. She also finally started getting some peace as could be seen as to how she finally moved onto sleeping on the bed instead of that couch as she usually did. Too bad it couldn’t last. Yes, she did wrong but I don’t think that she deserved death especially considering that those that wronged her family and her are still in the world of the living. I think then that they got off slightly easy then.

Now on to a few other matters.

Someone asked )( @crystaltears ) whether nobody told Janice that Baby Face could also donate his liver instead of Mi Yun. Pretty sure that she was aware of this fact. Infact she was against the idea of accepting his liver. Remember the scene when Eun Ha gets on her knees and begs Yoo Kyung to reconsider until she gets a call from Mi Yun informing her that she is also a match. At this point Eun Ha takes back her apology. But while we are on the same topic it might have made better sense if Baby Face volunteered to donate some of his liver to his mother. since if they were a match for Janice then it would have been a safe bet that he could also have been a match for Mi Yun. Though the doctor did mention that due to her age another surgery might not be such a good idea and thus she should try medication to improve her condition.

Then again we had the dumb drama plot as to how she was concealing the fact just how serious her condition was from her biological kids just so that they wouldn’t worry. Look people if you are going to pass away without the kids knowing the truth they are going to have more regrets when that happens as they might try and blame themselves for not realizing this or for wanting to spend more time with their loved ones etc..

Some people have brought up the point that Danny even though he had been adopted into the family (Mi Yun and Janice) he was more like an assistant than a son. A good point but to an extent I do think that they cared for him as a son and brother as well. For starters let look at the most recent indicator of this. When Janice required a liver transplant to survive. Everyone volunteered to get tested and donate their liver if they were a match (excluding Sera). At this point Mi Yun refused to let Danny get tested because he already had a poor liver or something to that extent. If he was considered a mere assistant, then Mi Yun wouldn’t have hesitated to accept his help. She did after all accept the secretaries so it would make sense that she should have done the same for him. This clearly indicates that she considered his wellbeing. even if that might not be the same as an actual son. Another reason why he was more than an assistant was when they were discussing of life after the revenge. Mi Yun was clearly aware of his feelings towards Janice and thus she had given him her blessing to be with Janice and look after her when it was all said and done. This though could be seen in two ways. Firstly, if one wants to consider him an assistant then it could be seen as to ensuring that his loyalty remains to the very end. This could then have been seen as promising him a reward knowing that he can’t refuse it easily. A win win situation for Mi Yun and thus when said revenge was done find a way to get out of it. Or it could be seen as knowing that he was a good person and a suitable match for her daughter and her future happiness. Thus actually considering his feelings and all.

Frankly I suspect that the actual reason that Mi Yun actually adopted him in the first place was because she realized that Janice was all alone due to her obsession with revenge and needed another person to be close with. Then they bump into Danny. She realizes that he has equally been alone and has a thing for her daughter (due to Janice helping him out that one time) she realizes that she has found the perfect companion for her daughter (her loneliness problem has been solved and she has somebody else to confide in etc..). though as time goes by Mi Yun also gets attached to Danny to an extent. It makes sense since they all have been living together and if she can get attached to Janice who wasn’t even her actual daughter it makes sense for her to do the same for Danny. So in short I think that she actually did care more for him than an assistant. As for him being close enough to be her son is a bit hard to say at this point.

@O Dori was initially raised in Korea before his mother decided to get married to some Arab in Dubai. As for him understanding the words his mother spoke to him. Will give them a pass. Am going to go with the following theory that his mother explained a few of those words to him in previous phone calls. It was just simply that we didn’t get to watch and hear those calls. So for me atleast it is believable. Just how accurate those word translations are remains to be seen. As @Lmangla nicely explained the meaning of Inshallah in their post. Sorry for not thanking you for said explanation before I got into my post. It nearly slipped my mind. As for them expanding to Saudi Arabia for viewership and thus sponsorship. Not sure about the later but for the former I can clearly say that KBS World atleast used to come over there a few years back. I went visiting my maternal grandparents who are living there and they used to get KBS World over there. Unfortunately, they don’t. whether this is an issue with the Satellite placement or something else I don’t know. Did try scanning all frequencies but it isn’t picking up KBS over there but then again a lot of channels that used to come aren’t showing up anymore. Given time I might check to see if the Satellite has moved from their place the next time I go and pay them a visit. Also they seem to be well aware of K-Pop because I heard that one of their neighboring countries Kuwait had a cultural function where some K-Pop group had to also make an appearance (boy band from my understanding). Everything seemed to be good until the final moment when the government. At this point when the band had to perform they are told that they are unable to do so. Don’t remember what reason the government over there gave. I then remember reading that the Saudi’s were embarrassed over how the Kuwait government treated the K-Pop Group and apologized to them and even invited them over to feel free to perform over there the next time (again unsure if this invitation was by the Saudi People or the government). Regardless of this fact it seems that they atleast seem to be aware of Korean culture, shows, performances etc.. can’t speak for the sponsorship though as I normally don’t keep track of such stuff. Though speaking of this incident I do wish I was actually present in Kuwait when it happened and witnessed it myself to have a better understanding of it and all. Did find it amusing though.

@tulip06 I have to agree with your assessment that it made a lot of sense for Sera to have contacted Danny when her mother was at the hospital. Though one has to also see why she chose him in the end. The only close friends that she seemed to have apart from Baby Face had to be that guy she tried to set up Janice with in one of the earlier episodes. Was Philip his name. Been ages so I can’t exactly recall it. clearly calling him over wouldn’t be such a good idea. As to calling Baby Face well she probably thought that it wouldn’t have worked in the first place. He would have either not responded considering all the stunts that she pulled in the past or might not have done so thinking that she needs space and that would be the only way to teach her (by ignoring her calls). Plus, she would be unsure as to how his mother would have reacted. Janice was automatically out for a few reasons. Firstly, Janice had cut of all ties with their family so she had a pretty good idea that Janice wouldn’t show up even if she contacted her and Secondly she still didn’t get along with Janice due to their personal reasons and circumstances. So there was no way that she was ever contacting her. Danny on the other hand always seemed to respond to her calls (mostly for drinks) and they did sort of bond over that. Plus, she also probably considered him a reliable person after he declined her invitation to sleep with her. Not to mention her informing him was the best way for letting Janice and Baby Face be aware of the situation as well. She would be fully aware that Danny was close to Janice and he would be sure to inform her. Whether or not anything happened she probably didn’t much care about it at that point.

Though speaking of her and Danny ending up I wonder if that will be enough to mend the bridges between the three families at this point. Yoo Kyung has told Janice to cut ties with Eun Ha but if her brother maries Sera then it would make sense that she would occasionally want to meet up with him and thus end up at his place. Resulting in her meeting up with her biological parents as well. I don’t think that Yoo Kyung would be so cruel as to demand that she cut ties with him as well. Now one can assume that if those two did end up getting married he probably would have had his own place and Sera would move in with him. But then I have to remind people that Eun Ha is in no condition to allow that to happen. With her constantly wanting to be with Sera and worrying that something will happen to her. Meaning that Sera would have to live with her mother meaning that Danny would have to do the same if he ends up marrying her.

Well I guess that this should cover most of my points for the time being until I remember anything else. This also probably means that this will be my last post in this thread. It was nice to see all of you here. Thus I hope to see you in the next drama thread. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen a subbed episodes of the new show on either my main or alternate site. If anyone finds it, please let me know in a PM (one that works outside the States since I don’t live there) also Apjeong Midnight. Have her great things about that show. So let me know if it has been subbed and is in good quality. Though since it is an old show I have my doubts regarding that.

PS @chococarmela while I do recall the show Heavens Promise and did seem to enjoy it most of the time I don’t recall the scene that you mentioned. Grandmother with dementia who was that. Come to think of it I recall a character with dementia but that scene still eludes me (she was the second female leads grandmother if I am correct). Unfortunately for me while I started to enjoy the part where the female lead starts to take her revenge and all I don’t think that I liked the ending so much. Frankly it was more unbelievable than even this drama ending. Since this isn’t the place for it I won’t get into it. Still it was far better than the ending that we got in another drama (A Tale of Two Sisters/Sincerity Is The Way To Heaven) yes I will always think poorly of that drama. Sorry fans of it

I have been looking for recaps on Golden pouch, but could not find it. Does anyone know if there are recaps? It's too long to watch and besides the lead man had amnesia twice? Or amnesia on top of amnesia? I am already confused and I have watched only ep 1.

@yamiyugi I find the final better than many Kdramas' finals. I think sometimes the writer or director or both decided to do something loupy so that people will talk about their shows. In this case, making EH fake dementia? well what can I say. Although I had not watched the show in entirety, I really don't think SR deserves a happy future. She is way too nasty.

6 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Grandmother with dementia who was that. Come to think of it I recall a character with dementia but that scene still eludes me (she was the second female leads grandmother if I am correct).

The grandmother with dementia was Youngsuk. After the Chairman died, she developed dementia and Yukyung (the villain with no motives that everyone hated) tormented her.

14 hours ago, maribella said:

I have been looking for recaps on Golden pouch, but could not find it. Does anyone know if there are recaps? It's too long to watch and besides the lead man had amnesia twice? Or amnesia on top of amnesia? I am already confused and I have watched only ep 1.

that sounds so absurd that it sounds like it would be fun to watch. LOL. :lol: but based on your post, guess, it isn't subbed?

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:
On 3/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, maribella said:

that sounds so absurd that it sounds like it would be fun to watch. LOL. :lol: but based on your post, guess, it isn't subbed?

Pretty sure that the drama has been subbed since I have watched it. Though to be honest it has been quite some time so I don't remember the exact details such as the main lead getting a double dose of amnesia. Was an average drama from my memory enough to watch atleast once. The @maribella though is more interested in recaps for it since they feel that the drama is to long to watch apart from issues such as double doses of amnesia for the main lead. Also it may very well be the case that all subbed versions of the drama aren't available online. (as I said am unaware of its current status). Many viewers probably missed it since they might have been watching Father Is Strange. 

@maribella though my memory is currently rusty in regards to the drama feel free to ask any question regarding it and I will try my level best to answer them when I am free or if I can't recall the details will do the same.

on a side note the actress for Eun Ha is in that drama and I am pretty sure we can guess what kind of role she has in it. :) LoL

Just saw the final episode  Not sure what to think of it!

Although it is true that dementia patients at times  have clarity, it does appear like Eun Ha is faking it.  And she gave each person what they wanted.  Inchul with his stupid obsessive "love", she clung on to him.  Psycho Sera always wanted to be no. 1 to Eun Ha so she gave her that.   Janice wanted to cut ties with her and Eun Ha made that possible.   Seeing her in that state didn't  make me feel any pity for her.

I don't think that Carrie died.  Cos a ghost wouldn't think that in my next life, I want to be your mother!  Unless the writer has a really different view of after life!  

I still  don't know what poor Danny did to end  up with psycho Sera.  Is Sera a member or ex-member of a k-pop group?  I noticed that k-pop stars have "special passes" at kdramas!  I dont like her character even to the end of the show.  Spouting all that nonsense at Janice that she had cut ties with EH and the family.  didn't Sera attempt to do the same by walking out of the house?  Always the self-righteous angry, woe is me, I am the victim in this family drivel.  And why does poor Danny end up in this mess!  Is he going to cut ties with Janice or see her on the side, away from Sera and her parents?  

I do agree that Danny doesn't seem to have been raised with as much love as Janice.  But then again if Carrie had treated him as a son,  he would never fallen in love with Janice.  If they were truly raised as brother and sister, he would not have romantic feelings for her.  And feelings which Carrie had encouraged.  So it seems like Carrie adopted Danny more to be Janice's protector and someone she could always rely on.  Whatever, I felt really sick to see that 'happy family' scene with psycho Sera and her evil parents.  

I hate the ending!!  But nothing new.  I dislike most kdramas endings.  :grin:  okay, ranting over and out!

@maribella @Lmangla @yamiyugi @Ogolden pouch male MC has double amnesia I think because the story starts out that he has no memory of his childhood from get go of plot. And then he gets in car accident that causes amnesia of his identity as a whole. I believe his fiancées mother is the one that actually crashes into him, so it becomes a huge betrayal when his fiancée pretends not to recognize him to protect her mom’s crime and they basically abandon him since he’s an orphan for all we know and his fiancée was his only family.

meanwhile, the female MC is a bubbly girl with a big family and many siblings. Her family witnessed the accident I think or helped him to hospital, so they inevitably become involved with him and pity him when he left alone by his so called fiancée. The female MC had limited interactions with male MC before his double amnesia, where I think they just bumped into each other or something, but both times he was very cold and mean and rude and distant you know usual MC stuff. So she kinda was left with a bad impression of him vs her siblings that meet him for first time when her parents bring him home. Well, they soon click and become a very close oppa dongsaeng relationship (maybe by episode 20/23 things start coming to place and the plot starts going? I just love the storyline honestly once the characters become close, because it doesn’t drag at all and everything ends up tying together the loose ends). Who else melts when female lead calls her man oppa? Hehe. Anyways it’s cute show because I hate the love hate game or unnecessary bickering (talking to you Janice and HJ. Let’s be honest their relationship was toxic and abusive as heck. They should not be together, at least those things she ended up doing like trying to kill him or accusing rape on him should not have happened or been included in plot if the writers wanted them together in end), these leads in the story are inseparable and really do bring the best out of each other. Even though the character is a goody two shoes or very nice, she is truly sincere which I like because many time if the female lead isn’t rich or mean, she is the ‘stupid’ nice girl that acts weak or passive or naive/ignorant. She is actually very much the rock for him as he adjusts to double amnesia life for him.

Now guys, if you were craving a REAL revenge drama with a female lead that really gets true revenge then I highly suggest the Japanese drama Saki. Though not Korean, it is similiar to Gracious Revenge that it is a daughter getting revenge primarily on her mom,  but through seduction, manipulation, calculation and most importantly SUCCESS. Most things we would love to see in a Revenge drama yes? :yum:

apujgeong midnight sun is similiar to gracious revenge and saki as well because it is essentially revenge against the main female leads own blood, mother again. She is actually now acting in the current drama that replaced this one, Fatal Promise. If you ever wanted a main lead that was an antihero, or the villains always getting their way like we see in many kdramas, then you will eat this right up because that’s exactly how her character was in this show. Sometimes insufferable, outright evil and diabolical, but also so human and not as frustrating to watch because finally a character that gets it done. Flames of desire as well...but a bit more, well a lot more tragic.

I certainly have more shows I could recommend, because revenge is one of my favorite genres. This is why I was so disappointed with what the potential of this show could have been but failed to be.

and if you guys end up watching any of the shows definitely let me know! Never had anyone to fangirl or discuss this with!

Archived