[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

In a way, it makes sense why he feels so resentful and did not accept hae joon. he literally was nothing but an employee. guess the chairwoman was very shrewd and so was yoo kyung when it came to money. they kept all the money in their name. guess, he wasn't smart enough to create a backup plan for himself in case things fell apart?

Ermmmm even if that was the case, it's not believable that he did not even have the money as a chairman for donkey years to get a hotel or at least a motel and has to sleep in the streets. I am not rich and have not been working for a year but i still have savings to get by and also travel. Unless he signed a clause stating he would get a small pay. Oh well, it's a drama is all i can think. Haha! 

It's really gonna be stupid if Jenis accepts IC and EH as her parents. Maybe she cld forgive them but i doubt she will accept them. 

I hope they show Danny having a little sadness to see HJ and Jenis preparing for their wedding. Like i mentioned prev, i thought that he liking Jenis was so random. And im 100% sure Danny and Sera will be together esp since she is going to go all cray over HJ marrying Jenis and finding out abt her real sister. And i have a feeling someone will die in the end. 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, reydevan said:

Unless he signed a clause stating he would get a small pay.

that was my assumption. basically the signing power remained with chairwoman and later yoo kyung. still, one would think that he would be smart enough to create some investments. but yea, all just a drama. hahahah...

35 minutes ago, reydevan said:

It's really gonna be stupid if Jenis accepts IC and EH as her parents. Maybe she cld forgive them but i doubt she will accept them. 

it would feel really random if she did accept them considering they tried to murder her (with that dunking in water) and was rude and cruel to her all the time. not even a drop of some kindness.

the drama feels like it is losing a bit of steam as it nears the end or maybe it is just me. just a few more episodes to go!

@Lmangla

It should take time. I know it is a drama but there should be some semblance to reality when it comes to human emotions. I have watched similar dramas  where the treatment to their long lost child was as drastic as EH and IC did. The ending usually sees a forgiveness but the acceptance is still being worked on.

So, I hope this is one of those because some writers will throw scenarios that are so extreme and yet in the end they do not know how to rectify the wrong done. They make the protagonists look like the all forgiving God without reservations. I believe that it would be dumb to that.

Carrie really screwed up. I was hoping that she'd get another win against the Seo-snakes but it looks like there's a huge storm coming. Is she leaving? Seems like this may be another typical daily...

Please don't let it be. SR, EH, IC and J Thief all need to pay for their crimes. Don't screw this up, or I may not watch another daily drama from KBS again...

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

no, she should be younger by a year or two. eun ha only agreed to marry inchul because he knew she had swapped the babies. when carrie was in jail for 2 years, eun ha married inchul and jenis was born.

Thanks for your feedback.

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in a way, it makes sense why he feels so resentful and did not accept hae joon. he literally was nothing but an employee. guess the chairwoman was very shrewd and so was yoo kyung when it came to money. they kept all the money in their name. guess, he wasn't smart enough to create a backup plan for himself in case things fell apart?

Then could be he did not get paid a monthly stipend but had everything paid for under the corporate card. Maybe that was the way the mother-in-law kept him in check because she didn't trust him.

Tmr there is more of Danny and Sera's scenes at the bar. Did they film yest and tmr's scenes on the same day? Lol! I wont be surprised if they kiss cos Sera was tipsy and gave that look to Danny. Did she ask Danny shall we slp? 100% sure she dies or they get together in the end. Sera also splashes water on Jenis after hearing abt the wedding.

Bits and pcs of tdy's eps cos i watched only 15min. What great acting by EH, IC and Carrie! 

Spoiler

Carrie admits to EH tt Jenis is YR. We wanted EH on her knees but look who went on her knees to beg today! Carrie tries to convince IC that Jenis' secret shld not come out cos the kids wld suffer. Funny how both EH and IC talk as if they are so innocent. How can they ask/say things like karma will hit you or how abt us who waited 30 years for YR? 

Im guessing EH and IC will decide to keep Jenis' truth a secret for her sake and Sera's sake but the truth will come out when Jenis finds out that HJ is Carrie's mom cos then Carrie has to admit Jenis is not her real daughter. Either Jenis will guess she is YR or Carrie will be forced to confess how she found Jenis. Let's see. Im on holiday tmr, cant watch live. Huhu! 

23 minutes ago, Gigi Salapong said:

The biggest punishment for IC

Hide contents

and EH is that they cannot reveal themselves to Janice. On a side note though I am glad Janice grew up with CJ. Although she was used as a revenge machine by CJ one can see the difference in their psychological makeup Janice received a more nurturing love.

Janice seem to have always looked for the simple joys of life. She grew up enjoying the simple life in Canada. Sera grew up doing manipulative conspiracies just to get attention from her psychotic mom.

CJ had to transform herself into a villain to extract justice. She was never given her justice and was betrayed by the only person who she thought was going to expose Jthief. IC sold his integrity and hitched his spineless self to a psycho.

All of them pushed CJ against the wall, trampled on. She was so devastated she could not trust anyone but herself. They went on a on their merry way for thirty years. Yes I do have more sympathy towards the character of CJ. 

I hope EH and her family goes to hell because they cannot seem to go down on their knees and ask for forgiveness. Justice should prevail in this story.

@Chococarmela

love your description.....SeoSnakes

How annoying. Judging from the previews, Dr Seo totally chickens out on telling Jennis. 

I like how smoothly Ms. Cho has integrated Do Ri into her life. I think she will divorce the dad and keep the son.

6 hours ago, tulip06 said:

How annoying. Judging from the previews, Dr Seo totally chickens out on telling Jennis. 

I like how smoothly Ms. Cho has integrated Do Ri into her life. I think she will divorce the dad and keep the son.

Or maybe Jenis and HJ might adopt him. 

But before that, poor HJ is gonna be loathed by Jenis for being Carrie's son and also for hiding the fact that he is Carrie's son. HJ also will have no courage to chase her cos he is the son of her kidnapper. Poor thing, the two of them. Looking forward to awesome acting by Jenis and HJ! 

I realised that there is only one way that will make SEH reflect on her 'crimes' - which is for Janice to tell her to her face that Carrie is a much better mother than SEH could ever be. That she is glad Carrie is her mum instead of SEH. That she never wants to be part of the Hong family.

@monalisa

I also think this would happen because the director when asked why this revenge drama is different in an interview answered, that the dynamics of Janice and CJ  relationship will be the focus.

For now I can see Jthief out of J group. With the divorce he will be provided a house because of  Dori and a monthly stipend and cannot have anything to do with Jgroup. For now he thinks he can make a comeback during the wedding.

HSera will of course still try to stop the wedding. She is so warped in the way she thinks.

Wake up he was never into you. His mistake was trying to please his mom by saying yes to that ill-fated relationship.

CJ loves Janice , the Seo’s are still horrible the harm they did is just back firing I do not have any sympathy for characters like them. I think the cliff hanger today will be focused on Janice as she realizes she is HYR.

I believe the one to stop the wedding would be Janice. But only after she finds out her true identity. Sera, I think, would finally accept that she and HJ are not meant to be. She does have a conscience as she did feel ashamed having tried to kill off HJ. She will leave for abroad once Janice's true identity is revealed and I think Danny will leave with her.

27 minutes ago, monalisa said:

I believe the one to stop the wedding would be Janice. But only after she finds out her true identity. Sera, I think, would finally accept that she and HJ are not meant to be. She does have a conscience as she did feel ashamed having tried to kill off HJ. She will leave for abroad once Janice's true identity is revealed and I think Danny will leave with her.

Did you watch today’s episode .....I just watched it raw

Spoiler

Sera will tell tell Janice in the preview while EH is in the shadows. But I also see  HJ and Janice in a room.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, Gigi Salapong said:

Did you watch today’s episode .....I just watched it raw.

Hide contents

Sera will tell tell Janice in the preview while EH is in the shadows. But I also see  HJ and Janice in a room.

No, Giji Salapong. Didn't watch yet.

Archived