[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kekekke.... looks like am one of the few who is really enjoying how complicated it is now. all the scenes felt realistic and there are great nuances by the actors.

rather than a sudden 180 change, we see carrie really struggle with this implication of hae joon being her son. does she just give up her revenge because she knows his identity? it is only when she meets him, it strikes her that going on with with the grudge may not be healthy for the next generation in the long run. carrie is really shaken when hae joon says that J thief is still his dad regardless of whether they are biologically related. it really strikes her then that revealing the past is only going to hurt hae joon more. she ultimately makes the choice that yoo kyung is right and to try and walk away from her grudge. while it looked like she was giving up on eun ha and inchul, carrie is very aware that she has the last laugh because she has jenis and no intention of letting go. so she has the secret satisfaction that she did complete her revenge on eun ha even if eun ha is not aware of it. of course, hae joon and jenis getting married will blow all that out of the water and it should be interesting to watch.

yoo kyung continues to be this gentle star. the scenes where she is doing her best to accommodate carrie and give her those moments with hae joon are really sweet. what works is the gentle respect the two women have for each other in this weird situation. yoo kyung is possessive but she is willing to share bits of hae joon as much as possible to comfort carrie while carrie understands the clock cannot be turned back. she cannot sweep in and claim a grown man as her son especially after all this revenge.

actually found the fallout for eun ha and inchul really interesting. it looks like they have won because they got the money and their assets back but in the process have lost both their daughters. the fake yoora was genuinely terrified by their actions and what it means for her safety and took off. sera has lost all chances of ever being with hae joon and is now on her way to being a drunk/alcoholic. rather than winning, they find that their own actions have alienated their children and they stand alone. it will be even more dramatic when they find out that jenis is the real yoo ra.

felt really sorry for dori in the midst of this. the poor kid is not sure why his stepmom and dad are fighting but he feels responsible for the mess even though he is told that it is not true. awww, poor kiddo. yoo kyung hitting J thief with the chicken was hilarious. their fights tend to be both funny as well as have a lot of bite. J thief's bitterness comes up again where he feels like he was always just a glorified servant and is now being kicked out without any due. it feels like the chairwoman told him to handle the problem -- does anyone remember? if I remember right, she told him that he must take care of carrie's husband? wonder if that detail will come out and how yoo kyung will react to that reveal. basically it is all messed up complicated situation with no easy answers. it is great that we still have 20 more episodes and so all these fallout will be explored in detail and it won't be rushed weird happy ending. so am happy with the pace. danny doesn't seem to have much to do but he is far more mature and pragmatic. too bad sera won't take his advice but at least hae joon was upfront and told sera that even if he broke up with jenis, he will never go back to her. so those bridges are burned for good.

In the preview HJ will find out by accident who his real mother is.......

I sure hope Carrie will not use the brother sister card excuse so she does not have to admit about her own indiscretions. Enough is enough about HJ and Janice not being together. Let both find their own peace.  They are both soul mates. They will always be together in hardship and happiness.

Trying not to hurt HJ by not telling him who his mother is so lame an excuse. He grew up being loved and cherished by YK nature ,will not make him forget her but you cannot severe the bond between him and his true mother. Especially one that was tricked to believe you are dead. Jthief was right YK being human is more scared she might loose him. Both have self interests Jtheif though should be gone at this time instead of still plotting to get money. This plot line is getting quite old. 

Let’s see how the writer unravels the knots he or she created......hmmmmm.

So i was right abt the ending. Crap is coming soon cos in the preview, HJ told J let's gt married. 

Spoiler

HJ finds out tt C is his mom. Wow his crying scenes are really good. He looked like a kid in this scene who didnt get his candy. Haha! So JM realli ended up on the street. So funny! 

Preview:

Didnt catch much cos of buffering bt Danny and Sera are bk to drinking w each other and she tells him that she tried to kill him. EH was crying as usual, IC told her something. Poor HJ looks happy in the preview, maybe he got over the fact tt C is his mom but dude, crap's coming yo! 

Ep 84. Before that, wow for tonight preview!!! 

Spoiler

So that Danny and Sera scene finally happened. Classic k drama scene. Im sure some random mouth kiss will come soon and im sure he will save her when she goes crazy with the truth. Whahaahaa! First time in my life i see 2nd leads getting together so late in the drama. 

And Jenis finds out HJ was swapped. 

Preview

IC says Carrie has no daughter. Bingo! EH and he become suspicious. EH starts calling Jenis Yura. Carrie is trying to tell HJ that she is Jenis' mom i think but im sure something happens before that and the truth is out. YK also finds out Jenis is Carrie's daughter. Aren't they siblings then? she asks. 

Cant wait for tmr's eps!! Omg im on holiday from Friday till Monday and cant watch live! Im sure some truth comes out this week. Huhu!! 

First time someone is wearing jeans in a korean drama. I have always wondered why no one did, esp the guys. 

Today is  Magnificent Monday 

Spoiler

HJ knows his true parents .

Jthief you are doomed HJ will not cover up for you.

Carrie you cannot deprive YR/Janice of her happiness. Stop that brother sister line . let’s get on with the Carrie/ Jenice and IC/ EH revenge. A wrong cannot be justified by a wrong.

Carrie has used Janice for 30 years .....let go you know what you did was wrong. let them have their happiness already.

Okay, so Danny and Sera together doesn't feel awkward to me, but I think they should do what he wanted: go to Argentina and open a coffee shop.  They both don't fit into their families well, and they both want a change.  

Spoiler

Finally, the Yoojin/Yoora birth secret and Carry's "I'm mom to you both" is coming!

Watching w eng subs now. Did anyone catch this part? In the beginning when HJ asks Carrie why she didn't tell him she was his birth mom, her reply was she was worried that HJ wld get hurt again cos of her. YK was also worried about that. As such, i thought HJ wld have known that YK knows about HJ's real mom already right? But surprise, later at the river cafe, HJ tells Carrie not to mention to YK about HJ not being her real son and she says ok. Anyone care to explain? 

@reydevank

writer’s amnesia.....that is the only explanation I can think of. Lol.

@vienvien

What YK does not want HJ to know is that Carrie is his biological mother. HJ requested Carrie not to tell YK he already knows about it. If I am not mistaken. 

YK is actually projecting her fears of being rejected by HJ because of what her family has done to his biological parents. My too wants to hide the secret of Janice’s true identity . Karma will not allow this. Janice then will find out her true identity. 

MY not knowing who HJ is while she targeted him first to do the revenge and EH being evil to Janice is karma being done spontaneously.

EH, IC, and Sera are by nature the devil’s incarnate they will be dealt with a heavier hand by  karma.

Its the 'children' that have been victims of their parents' wrongdoings. Yes, SEH did something un-forgiveable but for Carrie to do the same, only showed she stooped to the same level as SEH. IC is beyond redemption. He committed the 7 deadly sins and still insists he did nothing wrong. And how could a Chairman of the company has no petty cash funds of his own? What? He's broke and homeless because his wife cancelled his credit cards and threw him out?

7 hours ago, monalisa said:

And how could a Chairman of the company has no petty cash funds of his own? What? He's broke and homeless because his wife cancelled his credit cards and threw him out?

Exactly my thoughts! Why are the cards under his wife? He has no savings or property elsewhr for someone with a super high position? Nonsense! 

Eps 85

Spoiler

IC guesses Jenis is their daughter. Jenis finds out Carrie was the one behind fake YR. 

Preview

IC does a DNA test. Jenis and HJ are happily in love and kissing. Oh dearrr..... 

I am interested the most on what YR will do to her blood family.

Will YK oppose the marriage again Iwould like to see the character of EH and IC crawl, and ask for forgiveness from Carrie. What a mess because we know Janice will now seek that revenge against Carrie.

I have a feeling that Danny is going to find out that Jenis is Yura before Jenis does. And actually, Im surprised that IC and EH did not figure out earlier that Jenis might be YR cos Carrie was using some random person to take revenge. Of cos the scriptwriter cannot allow the secret to be out so soon to hit 100 eps. That photo that HJ and Carrie took today is going to the one that is going to make Jenis suspicious about their relationship once she sees it.

I can only imagine 

Spoiler

SJust watched raw episode 86. 

A mixed emotional day for EH. If both husband and wife (IC and EH) has a conscience and they will know that Jennis is YR they would not be so fast in trying to rush to claim her. EH tried to kill her own daughter with IC just watching. I still can remember the dunking scene. That was very brutal and the elevator fiasco where EH wished she was not found right away so she can have brain damage and regretted they rescued her too soon.

The writer should not let this pass when both biological parents approaches her for the first time. I do not have any sympathy for both IC and EH.

After confirming that Janice is Yura, SEH will go berserk, knowing that she tried to kill her own daughter - not once, but many times. The beloved missing daughter she has been dying to find. Maybe that will bring her and her spineless husband to their senses. But is Janice older than HJ?

3 hours ago, monalisa said:

But is Janice older than HJ?

no, she should be younger by a year or two. eun ha only agreed to marry inchul because he knew she had swapped the babies. when carrie was in jail for 2 years, eun ha married inchul and jenis was born.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, reydevan said:
On 3/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, monalisa said:

And how could a Chairman of the company has no petty cash funds of his own? What? He's broke and homeless because his wife cancelled his credit cards and threw him out?

Exactly my thoughts! Why are the cards under his wife? He has no savings or property elsewhr for someone with a super high position? Nonsense! 

in a way, it makes sense why he feels so resentful and did not accept hae joon. he literally was nothing but an employee. guess the chairwoman was very shrewd and so was yoo kyung when it came to money. they kept all the money in their name. guess, he wasn't smart enough to create a backup plan for himself in case things fell apart?

am not sure why but even with all the reveals, it feels like the drama is missing some energy. guess sera and danny will end up together? it would feel kind of strange if jenis all of a sudden does a switch and just accepts the evil duo as her parents. it will be far more interesting if there is a real struggle for all involved to process this secret. not sure how J thief arc will be resolved as they continue to make him more into this comic bad guy. it is kind of amusing to watch him and yoo kyung fight. kekeke...

Archived