[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, Noona said:

Is it a happy ending??? I don't want to invest the time if it's not. With the debacle of their last drama, I nearly three a flower pot at my tv when I watched the ending.

I liked the ending. :fullofhearts: If your watching it for ZZH and JJY then yea it’s worth your time. But if your looking for a good storyline probably not. :sweat_smile: ..I’m a little disappointed in the storyline. Everything went from choppy to dragging to rushed. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

Just finished the entire drama. Can confirm: writing SUCKS. I feel so bad for the cast lol. Lemme give some of my thoughts lol :

Hide contents

Master's Death

The misunderstand over FR's master's death happens AGAIN. I thought the couple already put that behind them and decided to move on??? But no ... yet again FR goes accusing XJ of all sorts of things and refusing to believe his sincerity or trust in his character. Those two go on to have another 'let's divorce' episode, and then a 'get back together' episode. They are such a mess. Well, more like FR is a mess. Poor XJ is doing everything right. Maybe he could've communicated better, but it's not as if words will move FR if she has set her mind against him. 

An Wang Debacle

1. It's like the Batman v Superman fight scene 'Martha' moment lol. XJ told him he had nothing to do with his mother's death in the middle of the fight as if that would be effective or remotely convincing. The least he could do was stall for time and tell him that actually his mother is still alive! Wow! Shocker! 

2. Turns out, his mother was alive this whole time and oh so convieniently chose not to inform her son for all these decades. 'For his sake' apparently. Oh oh ... and she just had to turn up after he stabs himself and lays dying. Not a moment before. Not. A. Moment. Before. Great timing lady. It's a bit of a joke. I literally laughed at the utter absurdity of it. He finds out she's alive seconds before he dies. RickRoll'D

Zhu'er

This annoying childhood friend got zero karmic return for all the RickRoll'D she caused. She even had a lovey dovey moment with the younger prince?!?!?!?! What in the heck. She caused so much trouble for FR without remorse, and then went onto attemping to murder the other Princess and FR. Her story pretty much ends there. It's so lackluster. What was the point of her at all. 

:joy: Those were my exact thoughts on Duke An and FU Rongs friend! 

Spoiler

Zhu’er character was so pointless. I can’t believe they kept her character alive for that long!

I’m still confused how Fu Rongs heart armor saved her from the poison but I’ll just ignore it and stay happy that they have a happy ending.  :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

It is a happy ending! 

Reveal hidden contents

No kiss though. Strangely enough. They ... cuddled. For all intents and purposes, it was certainly sweet and fluffy enough. But I was hoping for a hot, searing kiss at least hahaha

Totally agree with your point. So disappointing! But at least it's a happy ending.

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏
On 11/14/2020 at 5:08 AM, Dominique Lola said:

It is a happy ending! 

Hide contents

No kiss though. Strangely enough. They ... cuddled. For all intents and purposes, it was certainly sweet and fluffy enough. But I was hoping for a hot, searing kiss at least hahaha

Thank you!!!

I have mixed feeling about this drama. Highly anticipated because of the cast and the production team is the same as Yunxi. The beginning was good, the pace is fast, and the politic is quite deep. But I feel like the drama is too rushed towards the end, and some of the characters get very annoying. 

Though the ending is somewhat happy, I’m glad they don’t take another Yunxi ending, but I feel like the story regarding Duke An is just incredibly stupid. So all his hatred and anger towards Duke Xu is nothing but a stupud misunderstanding - and I even dislike how it ended for Duke An.

And as other user mentions, I feel like the story of Zhu’er is somewhat lacking, why brings her character in for that ending?

Also heard that this drama is supposed to be 48 episodes but got cut down to 40, which might explain the rushed and unexplained stories towards the end. I really like the love story of the second lead tho, very cute :)

On 11/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, shihuangdi said:

Also heard that this drama is supposed to be 48 episodes but got cut down to 40, which might explain the rushed and unexplained stories towards the end. I really like the love story of the second lead tho, very cute :)

which probably explains why some of you felt that the ending was too rushed. Still, Chinese dramas generally have a reputation for rushed endings and akward editing, no?

IQIYI has posted a 4 episode "bonus story" featuring the main leads and some of the other cast members set in the modern day present. These bonus episodes are listed as Ep. 41-44 on the IQIYI website. You can watch the bonus episodes with subtitles at the IQIYI website iq.com

https://www.iq.com/play/1sk12kz8p64?frmrp=home&frmb=R:19518380412&frmrs=2

hello, i watched special episodes too but it's quite complicated for me. too rush to understand the flow of the story. it looks like preview for some episodes. i don't know maybe i am slow response or slow to grab the story. i also feel that the whole story missing something. sure..it's rush enough to make me feel uneasy. maybe due to their cut episodes from 48 to 40.

Archived