[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏

sugarplum892

OMG. Am I the only one that was frustrated with Fu Rong in ep 19?? Poor Xu Jin was crushed when she tried to kill him on their wedding night. :( The drama is starting to feel choppy and not make sense to me. I think we're already half way through the drama too (40 eps?)?? Sigh..I am going to be so upset if this drama ends up like Legend of Yunxi. I waited a whole year for these two to pair up again. :crybaby:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, lylaq15 said:

OMG. Am I the only one that was frustrated with Fu Rong in ep 19?? Poor Xu Jin was crushed when she tried to kill him on their wedding night. :( The drama is starting to feel choppy and not make sense to me. I think we're already half way through the drama too (40 eps?)?? Sigh..I am going to be so upset if this drama ends up like Legend of Yunxi. I waited a whole year for these two to pair up again.

yeah I'm confused where the plot is heading at this point. From the beginning, it seems something fishy about King Ah's mother death and now FR's master death. Everything is going from one "huh" to another "huh." FR is so silly to believe that Duke Su is involve in her master's death, I hope she works together with Duke Su to bring the murderer down. I have a feeling King An might have something to do with FR's master death. He and the maid from Ruyi looks suspicious when they were looking at each other's in the eyes. I hope something interesting is coming up, because I don't want to have to drop this!!! I like the chemistry between FR and Duke Su. I really hope the plot moves now. We need it!

I’m loving this series so far! The chemistry is amazing between the leads. Also, I really like Wu Bai Qi’s character. There are quite a few similar scenes between The blooms of Ruyi Pavilion and legend of Yun Xi. I am really hoping it’ll be a happy ending for our main leads. I can’t survive another sad ending. :( 

13 hours ago, GiaGia said:

yeah I'm confused where the plot is heading at this point. From the beginning, it seems something fishy about King Ah's mother death and now FR's master death. Everything is going from one "huh" to another "huh." FR is so silly to believe that Duke Su is involve in her master's death, I hope she works together with Duke Su to bring the murderer down. I have a feeling King An might have something to do with FR's master death. He and the maid from Ruyi looks suspicious when they were looking at each other's in the eyes. I hope something interesting is coming up, because I don't want to have to drop this!!! I like the chemistry between FR and Duke Su. I really hope the plot moves now. We need it!

Me too! I actually really like Duke An but I hope they don't make me hate him. lol. Oh glad I'm not the only one that is getting a weird vibe from the Ruyi maid! I just have this weird feeling that she's either working with Duke An (because she really liked him per previous eps) OR she knows something that she's not revealing to Fu Rong. Especially her expression from todays episode when Fu Rong read the letter from her master. 

2 hours ago, lylaq15 said:

Me too! I actually really like Duke An but I hope they don't make me hate him. lol. Oh glad I'm not the only one that is getting a weird vibe from the Ruyi maid! I just have this weird feeling that she's either working with Duke An (because she really liked him per previous eps) OR she knows something that she's not revealing to Fu Rong. Especially her expression from todays episode when Fu Rong read the letter from her master. 

It might be some sort of jealousy/inferiority thing. It might be a bit enraging if her Master left an entire organization to a girl who had no idea what Ruyi Pavilion was for instead to her right hand woman. 

I love how FR is completely creeping out XJ from how nice she's suddenly being to him lololol.

I do like how they've allowed his character to be so much more expressive this time round. As handsome as he was in YunXi, his face was frozen 99% of the time

2 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

It might be some sort of jealousy/inferiority thing. It might be a bit enraging if her Master left an entire organization to a girl who had no idea what Ruyi Pavilion was for instead to her right hand woman. 

I love how FR is completely creeping out XJ from how nice she's suddenly being to him lololol.

I do like how they've allowed his character to be so much more expressive this time round. As handsome as he was in YunXi, his face was frozen 99% of the time

Yes I do agree with in Yun Xi, just to keep the character aloof, he was mostly expressionless, as you said 99% ice-block. But in Ruyi, love to see his little smiles and grin, even the startle look he has when FL gives him the soup and said she'll wait for him in her chamber.

But the story for me is still choppy. Hope a happy ending to the story, not another sad one on an open-ended one, which I know Cdrama is popular for.

Saw the darn Princess in the preview. There's bound to be some sort of misunderstanding coming up soon with the pair of shoes that FR left behind after the whole sleeping gas incident. XJ's under the impression that it's the Princess under the wedding gown now aye? Why the heck would she even be sleeping on the same bed as FR anyways. So weird. The quality of the writing of the plot seems to get a bit messier just to push scenes in.

I do agree that ZZH looks really handsome in this drama compared to in LFY. Heck, all the actors/actress that was in LFY looks really good in The Blooms of Ruyi! I love WBQ relationship with FR sister. They’re so cute together!

I read from IG comments that the scene where the princess sleeps on the same bed with FR might be after she gets hurt by trying to protect XJ in the upcoming eps this week. 

EP 22 was so cute because FR wants to help Duke Su :)!!! One of my fav ep up to date.

I can't expressed enough of ZZH and JJY's chemistry ^^!!!! They are those OTP that just have a very natural chemistry, no force or anything.

No continuing comments. I am only watching this drama because of the OTP. I was quite upset with the stupidity in Yunxi.

The plot is choppy here but I like the male actor so forced to go along with it. I watched a few BTS. I cannot believe how his natural voice and demeanour is totally opposite from my expectations. In this case the dubbed voice works. Its just that its been distracting how much he looks like JiSung. I keep having deja vu whenever I see him.

Princess consorts are all addressed as Wang Fei. She may be Ce Fei In terms of hierarchy, but should still be addressed as Wang Fei by those lower in rank than her. And yes, Su Wang said he will try and find opportunity to ‘promote’ her in the future. This is sometimes possible if the Ce Wang Fei gives birth to a boy. 

I wonder, is it going to be a happy ending or it will and sad or open ended ending like Legend of Yun Xi. i don't wan that to happen.. please no....anyone here has finished watching the drama...please give me spoilers, I cannot wait for the ending. :(

42 minutes ago, AjummaF4 said:

I wonder, is it going to be a happy ending or it will and sad or open ended ending like Legend of Yun Xi. i don't wan that to happen.. please no....anyone here has finished watching the drama...please give me spoilers, I cannot wait for the ending. :(

I saw spoilers that i's going to be happy ending :). No open-ended.

Well, I'm on EP 26 and Wu Ba Qi and his dad has the most father-son toxic relationship I've ever seen in a Chinese drama. His dad is just so shitty!!!! Even the dad 

Spoiler

died like that, I don't feel sorry for him.

The dad loves money too much, and he even cheated on WBQ"s mother and overall, awful father.

I love the sweet scenes and moments for our OTP :)!!! They're really cute. The angst will come soon, but I'm ready for it. I just hope it's not overdone, and draggy. 

And I totally gave up on Mr. King An!! His character is just blah!!! He's hating on ML bc he thinks ML has something to do with his mother's death??? Still not on the fence with how the plot is going, but I'm liking the OTP, so I'll keep watching. 

Lol, the plot is so vague---The scriptwriter is doing an awful job, jumping one story to another. As of now, they're just throwing things out there----Nothing is really developing; besides the romance :).

Just finished the entire drama. Can confirm: writing SUCKS. I feel so bad for the cast lol. Lemme give some of my thoughts lol :

Spoiler

Master's Death

The misunderstand over FR's master's death happens AGAIN. I thought the couple already put that behind them and decided to move on??? But no ... yet again FR goes accusing XJ of all sorts of things and refusing to believe his sincerity or trust in his character. Those two go on to have another 'let's divorce' episode, and then a 'get back together' episode. They are such a mess. Well, more like FR is a mess. Poor XJ is doing everything right. Maybe he could've communicated better, but it's not as if words will move FR if she has set her mind against him. 

An Wang Debacle

1. It's like the Batman v Superman fight scene 'Martha' moment lol. XJ told him he had nothing to do with his mother's death in the middle of the fight as if that would be effective or remotely convincing. The least he could do was stall for time and tell him that actually his mother is still alive! Wow! Shocker! 

2. Turns out, his mother was alive this whole time and oh so convieniently chose not to inform her son for all these decades. 'For his sake' apparently. Oh oh ... and she just had to turn up after he stabs himself and lays dying. Not a moment before. Not. A. Moment. Before. Great timing lady. It's a bit of a joke. I literally laughed at the utter absurdity of it. He finds out she's alive seconds before he dies. RickRoll'D

Zhu'er

This annoying childhood friend got zero karmic return for all the RickRoll'D she caused. She even had a lovey dovey moment with the younger prince?!?!?!?! What in the heck. She caused so much trouble for FR without remorse, and then went onto attemping to murder the other Princess and FR. Her story pretty much ends there. It's so lackluster. What was the point of her at all. 

40 minutes ago, Dominique Lola said:

Just finished the entire drama. Can confirm: writing SUCKS. I feel so bad for the cast lol. Lemme give some of my thoughts lol :

Reveal hidden contents

Master's Death

The misunderstand over FR's master's death happens AGAIN. I thought the couple already put that behind them and decided to move on??? But no ... yet again FR goes accusing XJ of all sorts of things and refusing to believe his sincerity or trust in his character. Those two go on to have another 'let's divorce' episode, and then a 'get back together' episode. They are such a mess. Well, more like FR is a mess. Poor XJ is doing everything right. Maybe he could've communicated better, but it's not as if words will move FR if she has set her mind against him. 

An Wang Debacle

1. It's like the Batman v Superman fight scene 'Martha' moment lol. XJ told him he had nothing to do with his mother's death in the middle of the fight as if that would be effective or remotely convincing. The least he could do was stall for time and tell him that actually his mother is still alive! Wow! Shocker! 

2. Turns out, his mother was alive this whole time and oh so convieniently chose not to inform her son for all these decades. 'For his sake' apparently. Oh oh ... and she just had to turn up after he stabs himself and lays dying. Not a moment before. Not. A. Moment. Before. Great timing lady. It's a bit of a joke. I literally laughed at the utter absurdity of it. He finds out she's alive seconds before he dies. RickRoll'D

Zhu'er

This annoying childhood friend got zero karmic return for all the RickRoll'D she caused. She even had a lovey dovey moment with the younger prince?!?!?!?! What in the heck. She caused so much trouble for FR without remorse, and then went onto attemping to murder the other Princess and FR. Her story pretty much ends there. It's so lackluster. What was the point of her at all. 

Is it a happy ending??? I don't want to invest the time if it's not. With the debacle of their last drama, I nearly three a flower pot at my tv when I watched the ending. :Furious:

3 hours ago, Noona said:

Is it a happy ending??? I don't want to invest the time if it's not. With the debacle of their last drama, I nearly three a flower pot at my tv when I watched the ending.

put it this way, what we couldn't get from LYX, we got from this show wrt to the ML and FL. I haven't watched the in between, but I definitely ffed to the ending to figure out if it's worth my time to watch this show...and that's my comment. But whether the story itself is fulfilling or leaves you gnashing your teeth, that is another question that the likes of @Dominique Lolacan best answer.

Archived