[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏

sugarplum892

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw EP 9, and I like that we know the main leads real identity. At this point, I think Ju Shui is like a friend to Fu Rong. So there's not gonna be a love triangle. I'm glad since that would be too messy.

Wu Ba QI is so cheeky and cute, love the actor's performance as him.

Cannot wait for more big things to come. Now, the story is chill and sweet. 

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Just saw EP 9, and I like that we know the main leads real identity. At this point, I think Ju Shui is like a friend to Fu Rong. So there's not gonna be a love triangle. I'm glad since that would be too messy.

Wu Ba QI is so cheeky and cute, love the actor's performance as him.

Cannot wait for more big things to come. Now, the story is chill and sweet. 

I like wu bai qi with his playfulness character...:D

I really hope for a H.E. too!!! That Duke Chang is really a coward, using

Mr. Dong's son in an evil way!!! He's such an ugly character. Really loving the sister love, and family love from the Fu family :). Little brother Guang is a cutie pie too. ZZH and JJY's has such a sweet and chill chemistry. I feel like they're a real life couple :). 

I'm confused why Duke Chang and Earl Xindu is so keen to get rid of Duke Su? Why are people trying to hurt Duke Su??? And Duke An aka Ju Shui, he's so hung up on his mother's death. If anything, maybe his mom died because of an accident. I don't see a love plot for Duke An, he's just focus on revenge. 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:12 PM, Nur_Yana said:

I like wu bai qi with his playfulness character...:D

Me too! Love the 2nd otp, they really stand out! Never thought they can bring the same level chemistry like ZZH n JJY has done!

7 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I'm confused why Duke Chang and Earl Xindu is so keen to get rid of Duke Su? Why are people trying to hurt Duke Su??? And Duke An aka Ju Shui, he's so hung up on his mother's death. If anything, maybe his mom died because of an accident. I don't see a love plot for Duke An, he's just focus on revenge. 

I think because Duke Su is potential to be the next emperor?

According to iQiyi subtitle LoL. Farmer Ju Shui is not a duke, he is the lil brother of the emperor, so they call him King An. Duke is the title for Emperor's son. Never thought King An will be the antagonist, since he is so powerful, hopefully at the end there is a hidden truth and misunderstanding for the burning case temple, but surely he will try to revenge to Duke Su first.

I am very confused with Fu Rong's Dreams....are they prophesies or are they past lives? some review says it is past lives and some say prophesies and their interaaction in her dreams are emotionless. she was forced to marry him and she seemed submissive and he seems cold to her.Is it just a bad plot? And i am also confused that if FR marries XJ in their 'current lives', why she was made a secondary consort also since it is obvious he is very much in love with her (i m up to episode 16 and preview of 18 shows that he confessed to her) and he is still single with no primary consort. anyone has any insight?

Cheng wan, Su Wan, Huai Wan  and An Wan are all princes. An Wan is the brother to the current emperor and the other 3 are sons of the emperor. So the Wan is not really Duke,but a prince. Prince of Su, Prince of An etc. To be accurate, Duke is conferred title actually, a noble. In nobility besides imperial family, Duke is highest, then marquis, earl and count. Wu ba qi (2ML) is supposed to be a marquis son but he gave it up. but ppl still call him little marquis, Xiao ho ye. Wan is more like title for grown up prince who are given their own manor (they stayed outside of palace) and some cases also a fiefdom to command. That is why they are addressed as your highness (dian xia). Emperor is called your majesty (pi xia). Duke is generally called Gong ye. Marquis as ho ye. In Yunxi, ZZH is PRince of Qin or Qin Wan and he is the brother to the emperor.

Anyway i just hope for a good ending. if one of them died again or have a hanging ending like yunxi, i will boycott the director and scriptwriter. 

On 10/28/2020 at 10:34 PM, tothestars said:

Me too! Love the 2nd otp, they really stand out! Never thought they can bring the same level chemistry like ZZH n JJY has done!

I think because Duke Su is potential to be the next emperor?

According to iQiyi subtitle LoL. Farmer Ju Shui is not a duke, he is the lil brother of the emperor, so they call him King An. Duke is the title for Emperor's son. Never thought King An will be the antagonist, since he is so powerful, hopefully at the end there is a hidden truth and misunderstanding for the burning case temple, but surely he will try to revenge to Duke Su first.

Very bad plot for An Wan. Even if Su Wan did burn the temple, he was just a kid, a teen maybe and he got so hung up in taking revenge over an accident to make so many evil moves. it so doesnt make sense, he turn evil just like tat. And of course, he will be hung up over FR. He definetely want her. he was about to confess in ep 10 i think but FR run away after having a dream that her brother will be chicken pox. but the reasons for an wan turning dark now just doesnt make sense.

Cheng wan and the evil minister ( also Wu Ba Qi father) is after money. they did something with the army ration and Su Wan being a general wanted those who is corrupted to pay for it. So they tried getting rid of Su Wan. Then it is about the gold mine. looks like they wanted to keep the gold mine to themselves. they are corrupted ppl. I think also the emperor has 3 sons, all contender to the throne. Su Wan and Huai Wan are real brothers (same mum and dad) whereas Cheng Wan is by another concubine). Su Wan was at one stage raised by empress which makes him more higher status among princes (because on paper he is still written under the empress name). And when the empress got ill, he was send to the temple to pray and when he dropped the candle holder and burn the temple the empress died, evil ppl start to use that as an excuse to brand him as young boy to be unlucky and emperor send him to the border. now he is back, with his intelligence, ability he is a good contender to the throne. all the reasons why the other fraction is out to get him. my thoughts.

1 hour ago, SIMNEE TING said:

I am very confused with Fu Rong's Dreams....are they prophesies or are they past lives? some review says it is past lives and some say prophesies and their interaaction in her dreams are emotionless. she was forced to marry him and she seemed submissive and he seems cold to her.Is it just a bad plot? And i am also confused that if FR marries XJ in their 'current lives', why she was made a secondary consort also since it is obvious he is very much in love with her (i m up to episode 16 and preview of 18 shows that he confessed to her) and he is still single with no primary consort. anyone has any insight?

Me too, but what i read and watch is FR and SW (Su Wan/Duke Su), they together have the same premonition, dreaming the same thing. While FR has clearer dream which she knew she will be married to SW, while SW only getting the shoes hint. So i think it is prophecy, since all the signs are coming one by one, like FR's flower tatoo in her forehead and her shoes flower embroidery.

1 hour ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Very bad plot for An Wan. Even if Su Wan did burn the temple, he was just a kid, a teen maybe and he got so hung up in taking revenge over an accident to make so many evil moves. it so doesnt make sense, he turn evil just like tat. And of course, he will be hung up over FR. He definetely want her. he was about to confess in ep 10 i think but FR run away after having a dream that her brother will be chicken pox. but the reasons for an wan turning dark now just doesnt make sense

Agree! He didnt investigate about it thoroughly, yet only asked to Ruyi Pavillion about the people on the crime scenes and because he didnt get clear answer from emperor, so he started to get revenge sigh... An originaly smart and wise person can turn just like that, i remembered he always supported SW at the beginning. Bad plot indeed. Just because the emperor never confess about the truth, he blame the clueless son. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Me too, but what i read and watch is FR and SW (Su Wan/Duke Su), they together have the same premonition, dreaming the same thing. While FR has clearer dream which she knew she will be married to SW, while SW only getting the shoes hint. So i think it is prophecy, since all the signs are coming one by one, like FR's flower tatoo in her forehead and her shoes flower embroidery.

Agree! He didnt investigate about it thoroughly, yet only asked to Ruyi Pavillion about the people on the crime scenes and because he didnt get clear answer from emperor, so he started to get revenge sigh... An originaly smart and wise person can turn just like that, i remembered he always supported SW at the beginning. Bad plot indeed. Just because the emperor never confess about the truth, he blame the clueless son. Oh well.

I read from a comment from someone who read the book that in the book, FR got a second chance in life. So it is prev lives. But the dramw change to premonition. If it is becoming true then everything is so dark. N sad emding maybe coming. 

Then again hopefully it is a story of being able to work to change ones lives. In a way, she already changed her sister life, in her dreams, when she marry SW her sister is married n had bad labour or die giving birth. So now, dear sister did not marry a wrong guy n hv a bad ending, it shouod be a good ending with WBQ. The shoes are made by her mum in ep 1 but burnt by the bratty princess in ep 15. So, in a way those shoes are out of the pictures right. Meaning she will not marry in those shoes. I m so so wanting a beautiful love story w happy ending. Arggghh... Haha... 

Finished episode 15&16. Ju Jingyi only had very little screen time. It is a dirty way of using Ju Jingyi to make FuXuan girl the star.  I got so bored by the quality of expressionless acting.The drama has become like McDonald’s, the picture looks great, the burger is junk. 
I do not think it’s good for Ju Jingyi to stay with Siba if her name being put out but the content is somebody else

25 minutes ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Then again hopefully it is a story of being able to work to change ones lives. In a way, she already changed her sister life, in her dreams, when she marry SW her sister is married n had bad labour or die giving birth. So now, dear sister did not marry a wrong guy n hv a bad ending, it shouod be a good ending with WBQ. The shoes are made by her mum in ep 1 but burnt by the bratty princess in ep 15. So, in a way those shoes are out of the pictures right. Meaning she will not marry in those shoes. I m so so wanting a beautiful love story w happy ending. Arggghh... Haha... 

Ah you are right about the shoes hahaha, that bratty princess, sigh. About dear sister FX (Fu Xuan), although she is lucky enough to avoid the previous marriage with Qi Ce, and get together with WBQ, but as long as she get married before FR, there is a chance she will die in childbirth right, even she has a happy life with WBQ. Oh please dont ruin her life... I always prefer a HE, but i think as long as the story is make sense, i will accept all kind of possibilites.

15 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Ah you are right about the shoes hahaha, that bratty princess, sigh. About dear sister FX (Fu Xuan), although she is lucky enough to avoid the previous marriage with Qi Ce, and get together with WBQ, but as long as she get married before FR, there is a chance she will die in childbirth right, even she has a happy life with WBQ. Oh please dont ruin her life... I always prefer a HE, but i think as long as the story is make sense, i will accept all kind of possibilites.

I think from some youtube shots n previews, if accurate, she will marry very soon to SW. Like next week or something in ep 20ish. They will hv a divorce too w FR in prison. N FX n WBQ still has a long way to go. He even had to go war n injured himself. 

But is it very frustrating SW doesnt know he kissed her n she saved him from being framed. Arrrggghhhh.. Come on. Sweet please. 

And anyone know in ep 16 when he sat w her on rooftop, he recalled a woman voice saying "when she is sad, u feel pain. When she is happy, u feel the joy. N that's when u know she is the one you wamt to give ur life to" i don recall anyone saying that in past episodes.. Is it bad editing? But I think he likes her in ep 4 already when they fall off the beam n press again the wall. She told him hope to not see him again. He reached out to her. 

Is this drama supposed to have a happy ending? Is the original novel a Happy ending? I saw the first episode but with so many characters it got a little confusing for me. And then they said the FL sister is gonna die, along with the whole family? I really like the sister, so nooo! And Fu Rong gets married but then  Prince Su dies and she is killed? I don't want to invest my time if the OTP has a bad ending. Had enough of that with their other drama Legend of Yun Xi. For the sake of any viewers, Here's hoping that the kiss scenes will be a lot better in this drama than Yun Xi.

I think in her dreams, it is bits n pieces of everything. In her dreams, he is cold n she is submissive. N in it, he is already married with a primary consort (the bratty princess), that is why FR is secondary. Remember in ep 8 ending she dreamed she had to serve tea to his primary wife the day after they were married and got bullied. 

So i think in real life, there is more emotions, more things happening. I think FR is only seeing something but not whole thing.. More of warning or what happened before. Not the truth. N its about destiny is in ones own hands. I see it thst way. If follow her premonitionsn destiny cant be changed then we all can stop watching d. Cause we all know the ending d. 

Iqiyi subbed makes me confused! lol

Thanks to you all comments, I really enjoyed reading it :).

Yeah, at this point I'm on EP 16 and the plot is weak. King An is out for revenge bc of losing his mother, and he blamed it on Duke Su. Now, even Duke Chang is making joke with his bodyguard lol. This drama is all over the place, one minute it's funny, and the next it's serious. EP 16, out of the blue, Fu Rong's master just 

Spoiler

died like that???

I was hoping to know more about her story, and why is she so keen on disliking King An?? WBQ and Fu Xuan's side story is cute, I don't mind seeing them now and then :). Ohhhhh so Duke Chang and WBQ's father work together to get rid of Duke Su....they're just greedy for money, or is something larger at play???

About Fu Rong's dream, I just hope it won't be like that. I hope they have a good ending. But OMG Fu Rong's family gonna 

Spoiler

die???!!!!!

The drunk kiss was cute, but I was expected way more lol. I thought both of them gonna be drunk in love ...lol.

quite like the story but really do not understand why it is so choppy. Don't understand the motive behind Prince An hostility towards Duke Su, and why is everyone on his back. That bratty spoiled adopted Princess, can't she be killed off.

20 hours ago, AjummaF4 said:

quite like the story but really do not understand why it is so choppy. Don't understand the motive behind Prince An hostility towards Duke Su, and why is everyone on his back. That bratty spoiled adopted Princess, can't she be killed off.

yeah, the plots seems choppy. Hopefully it will clear up as the story goes on. So far King An hates Duke Su because he believe Duke Su killed his mother, when the candle falls down and burnt the house down. 

On EP 17, it was cute to see Duke Su saving Fu Rong :). Lmao when WBQ held the chopstick against the gossiper man's throat...like a chopstick could kill someone haha. I guess it must have been a sharp chopstick lol.

Love WBQ's wink towards the end when he told his solider right man guy to "pretend" to arrest Duke Su and FR :). I'm loving the sweet moments between WBQ and Fu Xuan :). I'm gonna be so sad if their story turn sad :(.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:56 AM, SIMNEE TING said:

I read from a comment from someone who read the book that in the book, FR got a second chance in life. So it is prev lives. But the dramw change to premonition. If it is becoming true then everything is so dark. N sad emding maybe coming. 

I really like those reincarnation tropes in novels/webtoons and stuff currently. Unfortunately, they might have some sort of censorship in China like the time travel trope. But I think webdramas usually are the loopholes to them. I dunno why they changed it so much. Perhaps they wanted a more innocent portrayal of FR. Usually reincarnated/second chance characters become more vengeful and determined their second life around. But JJY's visuals and acting style doesn't really suit it. So ... happy and smiles it is!

BTW, can anyone tell me what the days are for its new episodes?

Archived