Broadcast Date: 10/21/2020

Cast:

Ju Jing Yi as Fu Rong
Zhang Zhe Han as Xu Jin
Liu Yi Chang as Xu Ping
Wang You Shuo as Wu Baiqi
Xu Jia Qi as Fu Xuan

Synopsis:

Fu Rong is born into a family of goldsmiths, and is intelligent and hardworking. Because of her elder sister's unfortunate marriage, she vows to never allow herself to experience the same misfortune. Determined to control her own destiny, Fu Rong flees from her own wedding and arrives at the capital, where she meets the arrogant and proud Xu Jin (Prince of Xiao) at a poem recitation festival.

Their lives then became entangled together as they join hands to to uncover corruption and crimes. They managed to investigate the truth behind the gold murder case, arresting Xu Mao (Prince Cheng) who secretly makes weapons; and discover the real culprit who poisoned Consort Duan to death. With her wide knowledge, kindness and independence, Fu Rong wins Xu Jin's true love and admiration; while Xu Jin also saves Fu Rong from dangers multiple times. When Fu Rong's master Liu Qingzhu commits suicide, Xu Jin aids Fu Rong as she musters the courage to stand up again and find the mastermind who caused her master's death. They also get caught in a rebellious plot brewing in the palace, when Fu Rong discovers Xu Ping's rebellion schemes while carrying out disaster relieving measure. She uses the gemstone hairpin to find Xu Ping's secret basement, and finally forces Xu Ping to own up to his crimes. After undergoing a series of life changes, Fu Rong and Xu Jin retires to their homeland and lives a peaceful and happy life together.

(Source: DramaWiki)

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

https://baike.baidu.com/item/如意芳霏/23239746

https://www.weibo.com/u/5602281354?topnav=1&wvr=6&topsug=1&is_hot=1

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sunkissedluna said:

I saw on IG that the new title is The Blooms At Ruyi Pavilion. But the title doesn’t matter as long as JJY and ZZH are  the two leads.:)

Thanks!  That's a very different title lol!  I agree abotu the second part- just thrilled to se them reunited as leads so soon.

3 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I'm so hyped...they have such good chemistry in Legend of Yunxi that I wanted them to reunite ASAP lol. Can't wait to see some pictures. I also like their BTS stuff. She was such an easy person to make laugh.

Same! They have great chemistry and are obviously comfortable with each other from yesterday's opening ceremony so I'm really looking forward to seeing them onscreen together again.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, ash1999 said:

they seemed pretty close on set during Legend of Yunxi. She's forever laughing at something. I think they would be even more comfortable now since this is their second time acting together. She is so tiny. 

They have a great rapport. I like it because that way their moments together are better, not forced so more meaningful.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:54 AM, eyn eyn said:

is way of flavours/favours a novel? 

I think it is favours not flavour in a sense that the novel (yes it's a novel:)) is about how the main character named Fu Rong being able to relive her life from a pivotal point after she died.  She retained her memory from the previous time that she lived her life so getting a second chance to live that life, she tried to make choices and guide others in their choices to shape events so that herself and her loved ones will have more favorable outcomes of events, like no deaths in childbirths, her choice of husband won't come with in-laws from hell or leave her widowed, etc.  I am sure they will make many changes from the novel so I don't know if it's such a good idea to read it before we see the drama.  It might ruin the viewing experience.  I personally read it already because it was available in Vietnamese, my native language, and I didn't have the discipline to wait:lol:. Unfortunately,  I couldn't find an English translation and the google translator was terrible when I tried to copy and paste to translate it from Vietnamese to English to see if that would be of any use to anyone interested in the English translation.   

I am excited to see ZZH and JJY paired up for this.  It almost feel like their LoYX characters have reincarnated into these characters.  Instead of her having her scar cured she ended up having her face slightly marred after an incident.  ZZH character is a prince once again and he also has a peculiar affliction, although not nearly as grave and life threatening as the zombie poison.  Maybe he won't have that problem in the drama adapted version.  Anyway, can't wait to see their chemistry again and hope this time will be a HE.

22 hours ago, yueyyo said:

I think it is favours not flavour in a sense that the novel (yes it's a novel:)) is about how the main character named Fu Rong being able to relive her life from a pivotal point after she died.  She retained her memory from the previous time that she lived her life so getting a second chance to live that life, she tried to make choices and guide others in their choices to shape events so that herself and her loved ones will have more favorable outcomes of events, like no deaths in childbirths, her choice of husband won't come with in-laws from hell or leave her widowed, etc.  I am sure they will make many changes from the novel so I don't know if it's such a good idea to read it before we see the drama.  It might ruin the viewing experience.  I personally read it already because it was available in Vietnamese, my native language, and I didn't have the discipline to wait:lol:. Unfortunately,  I couldn't find an English translation and the google translator was terrible when I tried to copy and paste to translate it from Vietnamese to English to see if that would be of any use to anyone interested in the English translation.   

I am excited to see ZZH and JJY paired up for this.  It almost feel like their LoYX characters have reincarnated into these characters.  Instead of her having her scar cured she ended up having her face slightly marred after an incident.  ZZH character is a prince once again and he also has a peculiar affliction, although not nearly as grave and life threatening as the zombie poison.  Maybe he won't have that problem in the drama adapted version.  Anyway, can't wait to see their chemistry again and hope this time will be a HE.

Thanks so much for providing more details.

I am super excited to see them together again but your last paragraph is something that's worrying me a  bit seeing the description of the characters have similarities to their Legend of Yun Xi characters.  Hopefully, there are lots of differences between Yun Xi and Long Feiye in Legend of Yun Xi and Fu Rong and Xu Jin in The Way of Favours so it doesn't just feel like they are playing the same characters in a different drama.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Hopefully, there are lots of differences between Yun Xi and Long Feiye in Legend of Yun Xi and Fu Rong and Xu Jin in The Way of Favours so it doesn't just feel like they are playing the same characters in a different drama.

Fu Rong seems very distinct from Yun Xi but LFY and Xu Jin defintely have quite a bit in common.  Their status, the close relationship with their mother, their cold and unfriendly demeanor.  I think even the hairstyles look similar.  In any case, I don't mind some similarity in the characters if the circumstances and dynamics of their relationship is different.  I think the only thing that would ruin it for me is another OE or worse SE. 

3 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Fu Rong seems very distinct from Yun Xi but LFY and Xu Jin defintely have quite a bit in common.  Their status, the close relationship with their mother, their cold and unfriendly demeanor.  I think even the hairstyles look similar.  In any case, I don't mind some similarity in the characters if the circumstances and dynamics of their relationship is different.  I think the only thing that would ruin it for me is another OE or worse SE. 

Yes, these cold, unfriendly characters are all kind of similar. I hope they can find a way to differentiate him from LFY and you are right that it will help if the dynamics  and circumstances of the couple are different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:26 AM, yueyyo said:

Thanks for the further elaboration on the story...I loved the LoYX pair although they had a sad end to their story. Hope this one doesn't end in a similar way. It's hard to digest one of the characters just died and the other has to live alone forever. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... this is exciting news. I hope someone tags me when this starts... I love these two together and am so thrilled that they're collaborating again so soon. Their chemistry on Yunxi was delightful... to say the least. 

I miss them and am looking forward to this just to see them together again. 

I'm not really into xian xia but I'd take a peek if they're in it. Praying fervently that the script is good.

(Why don't we get to see ZZH's handsome face on the poster?) 

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

(Why don't we get to see ZZH's handsome face on the poster?) 

I think it's because the female lead role had been cast way before the male lead was chosen.  That poster had been used by the production for a while before they actually confirmed ZZH as the lead, which was a very short time before the shoot started.  I think all Yunxi viewers are glad they ended up choosing ZZH for the ML.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 9:56 AM, yueyyo said:

Is there any link to the novel in any language? Maybe Google translator gets better over time. I wish somebody starts translating the novel as well, considering there will be a drama based on it.

• 3 weeks later...

@tuscany, the link for the novel in Vietnamese is 

https://truyenfull.net/con-duong-sung-hau-sung-hau-chi-lo/

https://truyenfull.net/con-duong-sung-hau-sung-hau-chi-lo/chuong-1/

the first is the page with the Synopsis and list of chapters and hyperlinks to those chapters and the second link is the first chapter in case it's hard to understand and follow the first link's page in Vietnamese:D.  I am not sure google translate will be very accurate but you can try and see how it goes. Good luck.

Archived