[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020/2021] Legend of Fei 有翡

sugarplum892

At first... I was like.. is this drama going to be something similar to heaven sword and dragon sabre where the Zhang Wuji was able to pickup and learned many different kind of sect arts to become the most powerful. Feels like this drama is the female version of it. 

It's drawing on me since I'm on ep.20 already and will have to wait until next week for new eps. 

If anyone knows, please spoil: 

Spoiler

ML will get a relapse from his poison? Looks like his uncle sealed his inner force? Does anyone know if by the end, he actually can practice martial arts? I'm more excited to see how powerful our ML is compared to FL. I guess FL will end up being more powerful in the end but... for some reason, I feel like ML is powerful too just that he can't show it. Does anyone also know if this drama will end up being the FL trying to save the ML's life? 

• Like 3

I have watched all the episodes upto ep.20.  And i have a lot of concerns about how it is progressing!!!!!!  And also its ratings are going low in number day by day. 

Anybody who read the novel, can you please tell me if the drama is staying true to the novel????? I think there is a change in the direction it moves.  

At first i thought ZLY's character is a tough nut to crack like the one in the story of minglan.  But here i see she is at freewill and relaxing compared to she was in the Fortress of 48.   The expectation of ZLY's character I had is quite different.  But Yibo's character XY is the one I like the most now.  That character is so written beautifully.  His smartness and the way he thinks is excellent.  Even though he is playful and lives at ease, his prediction as to what is going to happen in the future and the plan he makes to avert it is excellent.  I am so now into XY more than ZW.  

Another character which is not good enough as the story progresses is Leader LI, mother of ZW.  She does not seem to think at all in the recent episodes.  As an able leader she is just discharging so many groups out of the fortress and can she not conclude after sending 3 letter to her husband, that he did not receive them.  Finally she is leaving the fortress after handing it over to a junior guy and i dont know if its ok to do that.  

What the hell is ZW's dad doing??? He was showed as a powerful character and he does not show up in the last 8 episodes or so.  Only we see that general of his.  If he is so powerful does he not have to take steps to bring down that evil leader of Demon manor.  Shen Tianshu is just moving at freewill to get his job done.  Why is ZW's dad LG not doing anything to get in touch with his daughter and if he knows that General Wu's daughter has still not reached the Fortress and so many of Fortress people have died coz of that.  

I heard there is no romance according to novel but the interaction between ZW and XY shown is so sweet and romantic which actually deviates from the novel.   I am not complaining that we have these type of scenes and actually its enjoyable and entertaining but it has to stay true to the novel.  

There are so many flaws and loopholes and i dont know if this all goes according to  the novel.  But i will still keep watching this for Yibo's character Xie Yun which i am pulled into and i feel his character is getting stronger and stronger as the story progresses.  Jaiyou!!!!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I've been away since there hasn't been anything good to discuss about lately. It's kind of sad that I usually come on these forums to discuss dramas and it hasn't been so active. 

Looks like everyone else has gone to "mydramalist" to put there comments there... 

Overall, I also haven't read the novel but I am also open for spoilers...if anyone has any to share. :) 

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I have watched all the episodes upto ep.20.  And i have a lot of concerns about how it is progressing!!!!!!  And also its ratings are going low in number day by day. 

Anybody who read the novel, can you please tell me if the drama is staying true to the novel????? I think there is a change in the direction it moves.  

At first i thought ZLY's character is a tough nut to crack like the one in the story of minglan.  But here i see she is at freewill and relaxing compared to she was in the Fortress of 48.   The expectation of ZLY's character I had is quite different.  But Yibo's character XY is the one I like the most now.  That character is so written beautifully.  His smartness and the way he thinks is excellent.  Even though he is playful and lives at ease, his prediction as to what is going to happen in the future and the plan he makes to avert it is excellent.  I am so now into XY more than ZW.  

Another character which is not good enough as the story progresses is Leader LI, mother of ZW.  She does not seem to think at all in the recent episodes.  As an able leader she is just discharging so many groups out of the fortress and can she not conclude after sending 3 letter to her husband, that he did not receive them.  Finally she is leaving the fortress after handing it over to a junior guy and i dont know if its ok to do that.  

What the hell is ZW's dad doing??? He was showed as a powerful character and he does not show up in the last 8 episodes or so.  Only we see that general of his.  If he is so powerful does he not have to take steps to bring down that evil leader of Demon manor.  Shen Tianshu is just moving at freewill to get his job done.  Why is ZW's dad LG not doing anything to get in touch with his daughter and if he knows that General Wu's daughter has still not reached the Fortress and so many of Fortress people have died coz of that.  

I heard there is no romance according to novel but the interaction between ZW and XY shown is so sweet and romantic which actually deviates from the novel.   I am not complaining that we have these type of scenes and actually its enjoyable and entertaining but it has to stay true to the novel.  

There are so many flaws and loopholes and i dont know if this all goes according to  the novel.  But i will still keep watching this for Yibo's character Xie Yun which i am pulled into and i feel his character is getting stronger and stronger as the story progresses.  Jaiyou!!!!

I agree with you... I'm finding characters getting on my nerves... I really hope these characters get smarter soon. 

I don't think Shen Tianshu is scared of Lord G (FL's Father) because if he did, he wouldn't have executed General Wu? 

A question that I have is does Lord G know who XY is? He questioned it but XY never revealed it to him at the fortress and I doubt they met after that... but General Bai makes it sounds like Lord G does know... 

Here are some speculations/spoilers that I have:

Spoiler

The 48 Clan Fortress... I think they are guarding the "treasure" that everyone is out to get but in order to open up that treasure, there are certain keys that are needed "Chuchu's necklace & ZW's bracelet" are just the two that I know right now and not sure if there is any other keys. 

• Like 4

Tbh i've read the novel a long time ago courtesy of google translation, which means half of the time i'm scratching my head wondering WTH is this trying to say??:huh: and then i'm so confused at the fighting description that i mostly skipped those parts and so many characters too that i got lost as to who is who, so let's just say i've read half of the story:lol: but still i got the general idea of the main characters part of the story..

Spoiler

From what i gathered, this is mostly focusing on ZF and XY and their journey together where Ah Fei learning and becoming a strong and powerful swordfighter and how XY is with her most of the time guiding her.

Ah Fei's mom left the 48 clan fortress vulnerable to the hands of the enemies in search of Ah Fei and co. while in the mean time, Ah Fei and group returned to encounter these enemies that's when XY forced himself to use his martial arts powers to save Ah Fei and that causes his 'poison' to act up and left him basically in a coma.

Ah Fei tried her best to save XY by leaving him in the hands of some monk while she went searching for a cure and fighting more baddies.  XY is mostly bedridden so they don't get to see each other, when she appears, he's still sleeping and when he's awake, she already gone.

As for the parents, i seriously can't remember them being mentioned much in the novel except in the first and the last part of the story.. and of course we all know there will be the biggest fight scenes with enemy#1 at the end in all these types of genre :rolleyes:

Sorry couldn't be of much help, from what i've read, it has a happy ending so hopefully the drama will also give us their happy ending too.  I've read where lots of viewers r hoping for kiss scenes but i doubt that will ever happen becos for 1, the novel has none and 2, it was filmed during the pandemic and 3, i don't think a kiss scene is necessary, great actors or actresses don't need to go that far as long as they can show us and make us feel that they r 'already in love' and 4, she's married and their age gap :phew:.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Another far cry from the Jin Yong works.

I can swear, besides what Jin Yong himself wrote, nobody else in China have a clue how to write proper Wuxia world.

Any other better Wuxia series airing right now or is this the best Wuxia series right now?

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I have watched all the episodes upto ep.20. 

Episode 20 for paying people?

I believe it's only up to 11, on the official Youtube channel which I watch from.

Share a link for the 12-20th if it's also Free/ allowed.

1 hour ago, Don Yu said:

Share a link for the 12-20th if it's also Free/ allowed.

Spoiler

watchasian.cc

@jewelsc, awwww!!!! thanks for your short and sweet novel summary.  It helps a lot for us viewers, even though you did your part of head scratching coz of the goolge translation:tounge_wink:.  But you are right, i never did expect a kiss scene between the OTP coz i did read there is no romance between them at all.  Even then, the interaction so far shown in the 20 episodes is itself sweet and we can the romantic tension between them.  It is more than enough to enjoy that.  Especially, I love how YB is doing great in those scenes, i liked it.  It was so cheesy when XY told ZF how he would like to style his wife's hair after getting married.  Wow!!!! i was like what????? you already proposed indirectly to a dumb headed tomboy who knows only fighting.  ZLY was so pretty in that girl dress.  But i think ZF will start to realise the love for him soon.  As she has grown in her 48 clan fortress only with a particular group of people, she does not have that type of feelings.  Now that she is out she is experiencing the world and will show her emotions towards XY too.  Even though we dont have this scenario in novel, maybe for viewers sake they may show this extra romance part between them as they have done so far.

Anybody know the douban score of LOF?

C-drama Ratings and Celeb Rankings (week starting Dec 14)

(My notes: Since this was the first week it got released, it did well.  We have to check as to the coming week for its performance.)

Tencent’s wuxia drama Legend of Fei has quite predictably shot up to top the list of dramas online.

With his new drama, Legend of Fei actor Wang Yibo takes the lead for the top celebrities while his leading lady Zhao Liying climbs to 4th.  

Web Rankings

Top Dramas (7-Day)   
1. Legend of Fei
2. Qin Dynasty Epic
3. Healer of Children
4. The Penalty Zone
5. Ultimate Note
6. Fate
7. Roving Inspection Team
8. To Love
9. The Stage
10. Irreplaceable Love

Top Celebrities (7-Day)
1. Wang Yibo
2. Xiao Zhan
3. Zhu Yilong
4. Zanilia Zhao Liying
5. Joseph Zeng Shunxi
6. Li Qin
7. Duan Yihong
8. Neo Hou Minghao
9. Bridgette Qiao Xin
10. Li Yitong

cr:dramapanda.com

• Like 4

LOL @jewelsc I do the same after watch the trailer,read it with Google translate but XY part only:lol: see from the trailer,mv and available ep,there's a lots of scene from the book.

@pad-hari 

Spoiler

She looking for him,when he's gone bcos his poison,and after she know he get poisoned,she locked him with tianmen locks so he can't go anywhere :lol: I think there's this scene in Xi wei MV,so basically she already have feelings with him on that scene.

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

LOL @jewelsc I do the same after watch the trailer,read it with Google translate but XY part only:lol: see from the trailer,mv and available ep,there's a lots of scene from the book.

@pad-hari 

Reveal hidden contents

She looking for him,when he's gone bcos his poison,and after she know he get poisoned,she locked him with tianmen locks so he can't go anywhere :lol: I think there's this scene in Xi wei MV,so basically she already have feelings with him on that scene.

I hope they kept that part, the comedic timing between ZLY and YB in the "romantic" scenes is what I live for in this drama. :sweat_smile: And that would be epic to see :lol:

So far I am tuning out most of the negativity, sure I wished that Tencent would have spent money on this drama.. like good camera men/women, costumes and so on. I don't have any problem with the actors/actresses or the story. I quite love it, but it is mostly because of how good ZLY and YB are (no thanks to the bad camera work though) :kicks:

• Like 3

I just finished ep. 12. I find it enjoyable, the only problem is, I think they have too many characters, so it makes the plot kinda thin. 

I'm enjoying watching the leads act with each other. It's so cute.... and Yibo's smiles/winks are deadly to me. 

Anyways, I created a family relationship chart because there are just so many characters. I tried making it spoiler free, but it might spoil some people's experience. 

https://graphy.studio/graphs/eB1y62ae2uDFoOnhF8xC

Feel free to correct me if you find an error. I decided to put the techniques in the character's profile because there are so many @_@.

I'm watching it at viki's pace so it should be a lot slower than you guys who are watching it elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

I just wanna check in to say i’m starting this drama rn ! Tho just 1 ep so far and I already love the humour.

plus ZLY looks younger than Yibo in the show I’m amazed :coolshades:

Let me binge over the next few days of hols for me and I’ll catch up with the discussions.

fav scene in ep 1:

DENNRtA.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

On 12/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, pad-hari said:

Story wise it’s following the novel more or less. There are some changes not nothing too crazy. My issue with the show is the weird pacing in some episodes. Like the forced romantic scenes when they were running for their lives. I mean there are time for cute scenes but not when the enemies are about to catch up lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, pad-hari said:

It’s about as reliable as screenrant and tabloids so not very reliable. Everything is like based on unnamed online sources and what not

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Story wise it’s following the novel more or less. There are some changes not nothing too crazy. My issue with the show is the weird pacing in some episodes. Like the forced romantic scenes when they were running for their lives. I mean there are time for cute scenes but not when the enemies are about to catch up lol. 

oh this is starting to bug me right now.

Did they stop and chit chat when they were running in the novel? 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

There are trolls every where. And it is known that people get payed to taint dramas, actors and fandoms in china. You just have to learn to ignore them. 

All that said there is some issues with the production, so I understand some of the complaints or criticism. 

7 hours ago, arcchidus said:

and @weirdnshort I don't get why they do this in dramas and movies, It really doesn't make any sense. It had made more sense if they were running and ZF was hitting and questioning XY. Although maybe they would end up at the barn to fast for it all to have time to take place. :sweats:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Yuui said:

There are trolls every where. And it is known that people get payed to taint dramas, actors and fandoms in china. You just have to learn to ignore them. 

All that said there is some issues with the production, so I understand some of the complaints or criticism. 

and @weirdnshort I don't get why they do this in dramas and movies, It really doesn't make any sense. It had made more sense if they were running and ZF was hitting and questioning XY. Although maybe they would end up at the barn to fast for it all to have time to take place.

Yes! I wish... I wish they did that scene (Ep. 13 spoiler)

Spoiler

of Ah Fei punching Xie Yun underground, after they got away 

It's cute but, this is

Spoiler

why the other guy had to die. 

If they just ran...

Spoiler

that guy with one hand would still be with them. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, weirdnshort said:

Yes! I wish... I wish they did that scene (Ep. 13 spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

of Ah Fei punching Xie Yun underground, after they got away 

It's cute but, this is

Reveal hidden contents

why the other guy had to die. 

If they just ran...

Reveal hidden contents

that guy with one hand would still be with them. 

exactly.. but I still love the moment :sweats:

JkexAGR.gif Her kick and his hair fixing :joy: they totally switched the norm for male and female lead. 

@pad-hari :evilelmo: Just a few hours to go! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 hours ago, weirdnshort said:

oh this is starting to bug me right now.

Did they stop and chit chat when they were running in the novel? 

I mean many of those romantic lines are from the book... and they did happen around in the general time frame but you can banter when you are on the run convincingly... it’s just they made them stop to have those romantic scenes.

I am just glad the rest of last week’s episode pacing was better.

• Like 3