[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020/2021] Legend of Fei 有翡

sugarplum892

On 1/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, angelangie said:

Legend of Fei announcing halting the filming due to the outbreak in China and cast and crews will remain at HengDian till further notice

All right. Now it’s better to stop working so that you can take off a real masterpiece later!

This is better than getting sick while filming ...:blink:

Edited by Lucky lady
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m excited to see how this series is going to be cause Yibo is in it but I’m also excited to see the other casts:D

I also think that I’m going to begin reading the novel till the series will be aired.. Though when is it planned to be aired?

(spoiler)

On 10/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, frostflower14 said:

I’m reading the original novel and yes it does have a happy ending. It’s left a little open ended since Xie Yun still has to impress Zhou Fei’s parents first and it’s implied  that both her parents do not like him.

Spoiler

And thank goodness that it has a happy ending or else I would have died cause I’ve watched too many series with bad endings (I didn’t know that they would end it bad lol)~(˘▾˘~)

• Like 1

from Weibo, i dont know if this is true or not 

【#今日剧焦点# 总局公布1-2月电视剧变更情况】
《有翡》赵丽颖、王一博 50变58集
《天龙八部》杨祐宁、白澍 60变56集
《不说再见》任嘉伦、张钧甯 49变47集
《琉璃美人煞》成毅、袁冰妍 72变66集
《九州斛珠夫人》杨幂、陈伟霆 48变55集
《最美的乡村》杨志刚、岳丽娜 36变38集
《半是蜜糖半是伤》罗云熙、白鹿 40变36集
《面向大海》刘涛、王雷 改名为《追梦》
《别了,拉斯维加斯》吴奇隆、王子文 改名为《啊!故乡的云》#电视剧信

so they extend the total episodes from 50 to 58

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

It seems the main leads are coming to Happy Camp on 03.08, I wonder if it true and if it is usually a sign that the drama is coming soon?

Unlikely, historical dramas generally need half a year minimum for post production + getting pass NRTA. The fastest I've seen it's Sun Li's and hers was a modern drama which took 4 months? Webdramas could take only 2 or 3 months too, but they are also modern dramas + little promotion/rushed air date. ZLY's dramas tend to sell pretty well so tv stations will want them, and those need to be lined up, so earliest would be late this year/early next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

It seems the main leads are coming to Happy Camp on 03.08, I wonder if it true and if it is usually a sign that the drama is coming soon?

:omg: So we might get it by august or september, I didn't think we would get it until earliest in december. 

@skibbies Can it be that they were able to do a lot of the post-production during the covid stop? But to get the okay from NRTA already, that is fast! :happy2:

19 hours ago, Yuui said:

:omg: So we might get it by august or september, I didn't think we would get it until earliest in december. 

@skibbies Can it be that they were able to do a lot of the post-production during the covid stop? But to get the okay from NRTA already, that is fast! :happy2:

China's peak COVID phase was Feburary to March, they had to halt production so nah. I gave an estimate for how fast they could get it pass NRTA, I'm not sure if they did. It's only been 3 months since it finished filming. Chances for August and September air date is extremely low.

August have a whole slew of dramas production teams are rushing to air, hopefully grabbing attention from some students on holidays (it's kind of astounding that we are half way through summer and there's no super popular drama yet RIP, compared to last year's winning catalogue mhm) September is probably absolutely no go, unless they want to just give up selling to tv stations. September and October is likely reserved for celebratory dramas since National Day is Oct 1st. As comparison, there were no historical dramas till I think November last year? Even webdramas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skibbies said:

China's peak COVID phase was Feburary to March, they had to halt production so nah. I gave an estimate for how fast they could get it pass NRTA, I'm not sure if they did. It's only been 3 months since it finished filming. Chances for August and September air date is extremely low.

August have a whole slew of dramas production teams are rushing to air, hopefully grabbing attention from some students on holidays (it's kind of astounding that we are half way through summer and there's no super popular drama yet RIP, compared to last year's winning catalogue mhm) September is probably absolutely no go, unless they want to just give up selling to tv stations. September and October is likely reserved for celebratory dramas since National Day is Oct 1st. As comparison, there were no historical dramas till I think November last year? Even webdramas.

Yea, but they were already filming at that time. So postproduction you can do remotely online, so the parts they already had filmed could have been done during the shut-down.  But even though that might help speeding up the process I still don't think you can speed up the process with NRTA. 

I just find it odd that they are starting to promote it this early and the drama will be airing in December/January. I know that some dramas has early promotions, but 4-5 month early seems a bit much. Anime-confused-gif-8 GIF | Gfycat 

22 minutes ago, Yuui said:

Yea, but they were already filming at that time. So postproduction you can do remotely online, so the parts they already had filmed could have been done during the shut-down.  But even though that might help speeding up the process I still don't think you can speed up the process with NRTA. 

I just find it odd that they are starting to promote it this early and the drama will be airing in December/January. I know that some dramas has early promotions, but 4-5 month early seems a bit much. Anime-confused-gif-8 GIF | Gfycat 

Yeah that's bit weird. WYB has a dancing variety show airing, but it's Youku's, ZLY on the other hand is filming a restaurant variety show that should be airing later, and it's by Hunan TV, where Happy Camp is broadcasted, so could be warming up for that?

Hunan TV also used up its historical drama limit for prime time slot this year already I think? On half of Ming Dynasty (did ok) and Serenade of Peaceful Joy (bombed terribly). They could potentially air it for late night slot (10pm) since Flower of Journey + Princess Agent aired that slot and was super successful, BUT it'd be a lost opportunity for them to bring up prime time's base rating. Ha well, who knows, this is all speculation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skibbies said:

Yeah that's bit weird. WYB has a dancing variety show airing, but it's Youku's, ZLY on the other hand is filming a restaurant variety show that should be airing later, and it's by Hunan TV, where Happy Camp is broadcasted, so could be warming up for that?

Hunan TV also used up its historical drama limit for prime time slot this year already I think? On half of Ming Dynasty (did ok) and Serenade of Peaceful Joy (bombed terribly). They could potentially air it for late night slot (10pm) since Flower of Journey + Princess Agent aired that slot and was super successful, BUT it'd be a lost opportunity for them to bring up prime time's base rating. Ha well, who knows, this is all speculation.

Timing for the promotion of WYB is bit iffy, because it is already running. I am not surprised though if ZLY is there to promote her variety show. But because they are both mains it sounds more like a promotion of Legend of Fei. It will be easier to judge when we se the other guests, and the theme of the episode. :D

Oh yea, I forgot about the restrictions of how many historical dramas you can air. :surprisedwut:I don't get the Chinese broadcasting rules.

About the time slot if it runs at 10 pm it might have less competition. Although it is a ZLY drama so I don’t really think it will matter, as long as it isn’t a complete dumpster fire.