[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020/2021] Legend of Fei 有翡

sugarplum892

On 10/30/2020 at 4:27 AM, leo2020 said:

Emm, I know all the stones will fly in my direction, but despite the plot and the quality of the drama look amazing, after watching the trailer I get absolutely no chemistry between the leads so far(((. Hope more material is coming (trailers, teasers, ect.) which would proof me wrong.

So the novel is multi books long, and there's big time gaps between spots, and these characters are more action than words... The love between them is mostly inferred from what they are willing to do for each other than romantic scenes stuff because of the circumstances.

A bit of novel spoiler:

Spoiler

ML was poisoned at a young age so he always assumed he will die early. And essentially each time he use his powers he risks his life. As such, he never considered romantic relationship really possible for him.

It wasn't really until the last book that he really confessed... and even the post ending side stories didn't cover their married life. (It was only implied that they will marry at some point)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Judging from all the trailers, I can actually recognized a lot of them from the novel so seems to be following the novel so far from what I've seen.

16 hours ago, Yuui said:

They have released a new behind the scenes video, It does look the cast did a lot of the stunts on their own. 

ZLY doing her own stunts and what she did with the sword...looked so wickedly cool.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It is airing tomorrow!! :evilelmo: 

and the new posters looks really good. :highonflowers:

Legend of Fei releases new trailer   posters of leads & announces premiere  for December 16th | Hallyu             Legend of Fei releases new trailer   posters of leads & announces premiere  for December 16th | Hallyu

11 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Judging from all the trailers, I can actually recognized a lot of them from the novel so seems to be following the novel so far from what I've seen.

ZLY doing her own stunts and what she did with the sword...looked so wickedly cool.

Awesome!! :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

@pad-hari Apparently the 2 first episodes will air toady on Hubei-TV as part of "charity" for Hubei-province. I think it has to do with the big problems and the lock-down Hubei had to go through because of Convid-19.  

有翡定档# #有翡窥见天光预告#赵丽颖王... 来自新剧不能停- 微博 微博 微博

Spoiler

Live] 有翡EP1-10 洗墨江上允翡初遇- china-drama | PTT娛樂區 Live] 有翡EP1-10 洗墨江上允翡初遇- china-drama | PTT娛樂區 微博

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Yuui said:

Apparently the 2 first episodes will air toady on Hubei-TV as part of "charity" for Hubei-province. I think it has to do with the big problems and the lock-down Hubei had to go through because of Convid-19.  

So, will the raw episodes be uploaded on various sites tonite itself?????

• Like 1

@pad-hari I don't think it will, cause it is a "local" tv-station. But it will be up on Tencent videos tomorrow, although don't know if it will be with English subs or if they will upload the episodes to their YouTube channel. They might make the first episodes be free on their web-page and then you have to pay for their VIP-service to see the rest in real time. (most Chinese web-channels do this, and then make it free a week later.) 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Loved the 1st epi., really fast-paced and action-packed..can't wait for the next epis.

I thought WYB's song was supposed to be the OST, guess it will be played at some later date.

Wow ep 1 is ultra tight!!!!!

The fighting was on point!!! The chemistry wasn't bad at all imo.

Chinese fans are saying the first episode is VERY true to the original story so they were quite pleased. :)

• Like 3

OMG!!!! it seems they have released 8 episodes already on wetv.  really!!!!!  Heard both YB's and ZLY's are dubbed and it does not match properly.  WTH are the production company doing this?  Both have beautiful voices and why cant they do their own?  The 1st episode is already subbed on wetv. If any who has a VPN, set it to thailand or indonesia you can access these episodes.  Jaiyou!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Wow ep 1 is ultra tight!!!!!

The fighting was on point!!! The chemistry wasn't bad at all imo.

Chinese fans are saying the first episode is VERY true to the original story so they were quite pleased. :)

Nice to hear that they are staying true to the original story, but I am still a bit nervous about the story in the long run. After all it was one of ZLY complaints, that their were a lot of changes and additions to the script during filming. I am do keeping my fingers crossed that they listened to her and to the author Priest.  

13 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Loved the 1st epi., really fast-paced and action-packed..can't wait for the next epis.

I thought WYB's song was supposed to be the OST, guess it will be played at some later date.

I have seen the two first episodes and the pacing is really good. Love the chemistry between all the actors. At the moment the only thing that sticks-out a bit is the black-purple baddies that are a bit too cartoonish. 

I love the soundtrack in the drama, still not in love with the opening and the ending. I would have preferred if Liu Yuning sang the verses and he and Jane Zhang the chorus together.   

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

OMG!!!! it seems they have released 8 episodes already on wetv.  really!!!!!  Heard both YB's and ZLY's are dubbed and it does not match properly.  WTH are the production company doing this?  Both have beautiful voices and why cant they do their own?  The 1st episode is already subbed on wetv. If any who has a VPN, set it to thailand or indonesia you can access these episodes.  Jaiyou!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is the norm for Chinese dramas, and after watching the behind the scenes I just wish they would have used YB and ZLY own voices. (the voice-actress for ZLY is a bit of at times with the nuances)

My biggest take away from the two first episodes is: I would also leave for a mission if this was my hair style. :Megalol:I feel really sorry for YB, I hope we don't see this hair-style to often. 

64lixfU.png 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Legend of Fei 有翡
On 12/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Yuui said:

@pad-hari Apparently the 2 first episodes will air toady on Hubei-TV as part of "charity" for Hubei-province. I think it has to do with the big problems and the lock-down Hubei had to go through because of Convid-19.  

NRTA donated bunch of dramas earlier the year, around Jan/Feb to Hubei TV, they aired later the year. This latest donation is a surprise.

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Both have beautiful voices and why cant they do their own? 

It has to do with noise pollution + budget issue. To record onset, it has to be real quiet and you can't make mistakes in terms of dialogues/emotions, which means higher budget. Fair amount of production company have deals with dubbing companies, pro dubbers dub really fast and comparatively cheaper, it's also harder to schedule around busy actors/actress for them to dub themselves. Sometimes it has to do with the voice not fitting character, but I don't think it applies here. They got dubbed in couple of their previous dramas too. (afaik, Journey of Flower + Princess Agent + Untamed)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Yuui said:

Nice to hear that they are staying true to the original story, but I am still a bit nervous about the story in the long run. After all it was one of ZLY complaints, that their were a lot of changes and additions to the script during filming. I am do keeping my fingers crossed that they listened to her and to the author Priest.  

Ruined ending is always a fear for any cdrama but I wouldn’t put too much weight on ZLY complaints news. There’re a lot of anti fans for both the actor and actress because they are popular and some ppl are jealous.... also because Chinese fans/stars culture is kind of messed up. 

Anyway from what I am seeing most ppl like  the first episodes... so at least it has a decent start.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Ruined ending is always a fear for any cdrama but I wouldn’t put too much weight on ZLY complaints news. There’re a lot of anti fans for both the actor and actress because they are popular and some ppl are jealous.... also because Chinese fans/stars culture is kind of messed up. 

Anyway from what I am seeing most ppl like  the first episodes... so at least it has a decent start.

Yea, the anti fans have tried to do their thing already.. "ZLY looks to old/looks bad", "no CP feeling", "the acting is bad" LOL To be honest i don't mind if people have issues with the CGI, cinematography, the costumes or the voice acting. But the things they are complaining about just tells you that they haven't seen anything beyond the trailers and are just spewing hate.  

Thank god, the ones liking/loving this drama are wining out in the rating and viewing numbers. :evilelmo:

After watching the 10 first episodes (Yes, without subs. Seen the first 2 on Viki with subs) I feel like I want to make a gif every time ZLY and YB are interacting. :heart: I love this CP (unlike Princess Agents where I had second-male-lead syndrome even when he died :brokenheart:)

KjE6q4V.gif

Everyone is translating this to You are a gonner, but to me it should be You are dead :loolz:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Yuui said:

Yea, the anti fans have tried to do their thing already.. "ZLY looks to old/looks bad", "no CP feeling", "the acting is bad" LOL To be honest i don't mind if people have issues with the CGI, cinematography, the costumes or the voice acting. But the things they are complaining about just tells you that they haven't seen anything beyond the trailers and are just spewing hate.  

Thank god, the ones liking/loving this drama are wining out in the rating and viewing numbers.

After watching the 10 first episodes (Yes, without subs. Seen the first 2 on Viki with subs) I feel like I want to make a gif every time ZLY and YB are interacting. :heart: I love this CP (unlike Princess Agents where I had second-male-lead syndrome even when he died )

Everyone is translating this to You are a gonner, but to me it should be You are dead

I am at it's current epi and am so hooked..

I knew when they'd announced the filming of this drama with these 2 main leads, there will be lots of issues and attentions whether while filming, showing trailers and finally gets aired but it will still gets a big ratings (about 200 mil in less than 2 hrs), ppl do have curious minds especially with the haters, they just love to criticize (some even get paid to do it) but i don't mind becos the way i see it, the more they criticized the more viewers the show gets.

Tbh, i too initially had issue with the age gap but now as i'm watching i really have to say ZLY is really really good when it comes to CP with anyone 'thrown' at her (loved that about her) but here i have to applaud WYB for working very hard at showing us he too can return that CP chemistry...love watching them :fullofhearts:.

I agree on the CGI and there r some glitches once in a while..and how do u like that whenever the 'seniors' have to play a younger version of themselves, all they do is to just change a hairstyle? :loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@jewelsc It is funny, but I am happy they didn’t try to fix it with CGI. Also because the flash backs are around 10 years back it would be hard to use younger actors. (It is not like they are 10-12 years in does flashbacks). Although if they didn't state how far ago the flashbacks are I just presume it was a few years before. :sweat_smile:

Yea, I am also happy that YB is doing a really good job with his acting and chemistry with ZLY. Although after I saw the last trailer I wasn't so worried. :blush:

Must give the post-production crew a thumbs up for the way they cut the trailers. A lot of clips are cut together that don’t go together. 

• Like 2

The latest episode 11 and 12 are really really good. I got a bit worried cause some of the episodes before got a bit slow but it was all to set up for 11 and 12 and both were just sooooo good. 

A little spoiler on a detail that got changed in the show vs the novel... I am not sure how that will change the plot

Spoiler

In the novel ML is the son of the crown prince of the previous dynasty, in the show he is the emperor of the previous dynasty

I don’t know how that will change the plot but my feeling is that the ending won’t be too different (ML’s desire is to live a carefree life, so I don’t think he will become emperor again, probably just find someone suitable and gtfo)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1