[Drama 2019-2020] Never Twice / No Second Chance, 두번은 없다

0ly40

@yonaomi123, I would like to know Hae Jun’s reason too for the Harvard lie but I really can’t “pinpoint” what it could be. I find it more unbelievable that he can fool his family because I’m sure he didn’t pay for his school fees out of his pocket. Furthermore, what about graduation? Also knowing the suspicious aunt, I can’t see how something like that got passed her notice.

Regarding Hae Jun’s difference in morality, I don’t believe for a moment he got it from his mother. She seems far from down to earth and I understand she and her husband were like oil and water. I keep wondering if Hae Jun was influenced by his father or nanny or someone else. I know his father disappeared but we don’t exactly know when. I also got the impression that his mother’s family were gangsters who struck it rich and went into politics. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year Chingus :)

@yonaomi123 With regards to Hae Jun and his Harvard degree; his graduation I doubt anyone in his family attended, thus any pictures etc. could easily be photoshopped.

I guess it is also safe to assume that his mother does not know?!

What still bugs me, is surely if he had not completed, there would be communication about  it - someone in the family would have been alerted to it?

As to why he faked it - I am again thinking that it is safe to assume that he did attend Harvard and as @celebrianna you had suggested - he might just not have had an interest in taking the course or I am wondering if there was an incident that affected him? He is clearly business smart, knows his work and seems to genuinely want to run the business and run it properly. Thus I feel like he would have under normal circumstances completed the course.

I just can't help but feel like he does not belong to this family or he got his traits from his father or maybe his mom was not as cunning and sly as she is now. The only reason I say this, is because of the when I see her interactions with floor 5 there seems to be some sincerity and she actually even comes of as soft...purely my opion :rolleyes:

Wow, in the preview for next week Bak Ha tells Hae Jun that it seems that his mom is involved with her husband’s death so she doesn’t want any kindness from him and they must cut ties. He asks with a tearful voice if she means it and she coldly tells him she does. Angst galore I guess.

At least the Nakwon Inn Family always warm my heart though it looks like Mak Rye finds out about Eun Ji next week and they are also cutting ties with each other. 

Kocowa Translation:

Bak Ha: You told me you weren’t going to Singapore but there’s your name, Director Son Byeong Gi and my husband’s name on the list of attendees.

Director Oh (to either Bak Ha or Do Hee): Are you blackmailing me?

Mak Rye: If you leave that will be the end of it. You’ll have to cut ties with us forever.

Chairman: Get out of the way!

Poong Ki: I won’t let you move another inch.

Eun Ji: I’m sorry, Mama Bok

Bak Ha: It looks like Director Oh was involved in my husband’s death so I don’t want to receive any help from her son.

Hae Jun: Do you really want me out of your sight? Do you mean it? 

Bak Ha: Yes I mean it.

Hi Chingus, I'm late for this drama because I'd like to wait at least until a third of the episodes were aired. I was hesitate to watch this one, but I like Young Yuh Jung and Kwak Dong Yeon, so I kind of forced myself to watch this drama. I have some reservations on some of the characters and their stories here, but anyway, I'm here. After real life experiences, I know how a person can be evil at work to certain person and can act innocent and naive to another person in their personal life. I dislike Director Oh, and BH need to get sharpen up for her to be able to get her investigation of her late husband's death. Director Oh very similar to someone I knew who also "kick"me out of the company for revealing her misdeeds in the company, and she still in the company as Director :D and because this is a drama, I hope Bak Ha could lead a different path and not only reveal but get the mess and misdeeds straightened up.

@celebrianna thank you for the preview translation. I mentioned this in the other drama's thread, my memory failing me lately, hence to understand the drama I watch I always rely on you and the rest's recap or translation or analysis for complicated scenes.

Just started watching this last week and so far I am loving it.  I like the warm family atmosphere of the INN and how they all seem like family and look out for each other.  I really like the older couple, Mak Rye and her first love.  It seems he had to leave her because of losing the hotel 50 years ago.  He must have vowed to earn money and gain power so he could get his revenge.  He is not a bad man so I think he will end up taking over the hotel by investing and having more shares in the company.  I also want the baker couple to do well.  I  love BH and HJ.  Their chemistry is great.  Not sure how HJ turned out to be such a soft hearted person coming from that family but he is awesome.  All of the folks at the INN and their downfall seems to stem from the Hotel owners.  I am curious as to how it all works out.  

Oh my! Did Hae Jun get kicked out in next week’s episodes? I think in next week’s episode the Chairman will find out that Geo Bok is the owner of NorthSky perhaps. Today’s episodes end with Geo Bok all dressed up and going to what looks like a meeting. Honestly, it would be nice if Hae Jun ends up living at the inn now that Eun Ji has left. There’s a vacant room.

I don’t agree with Eun Ji’s decision. She must think that since the chairman is nice to her it doesn’t matter how terribly he treats others. Well good luck to her and her new family. I hope she’ll learn to live in the bed she made. 

Kocowa Translation:

Hae Ri: Let’s just get married. Please say yes.

Woo Jin: I’ll stay next to you. I’ll always protect you.

Mak Rye: Oh, my. What’s all this? 

Geo Bok: Where did it go? 

Mak Rye: No!

Geo Bok: What’s wrong?

Mak Rye: The suitcase! (:lol:)

Geo Bok?: Put out the fire! :lol:

Hae Jun: I never graduated. I’m sorry.

Ruthless Chairman: You lied to me? How dare you? (He slaps Hae Jun)

Hae Jun: Can you hold my hand? I think it will cheer me up.

Bak Ha: No matter what, I’m on your side. 

According to ruthless chairman, nothing good can ever come out of that shabby inn. Well I certainly agree with him if he’s talking about himself. He’s nothing but a thief anyway in my opinion. I hope his roosters come home to roost soon. 

Anyway, it seems as though rather than finding out that Geo Bok is behind NorthSky, it’s really Hae Jun’s Harvard lie that will be exposed next week. I like this development. From the information in the preview, it might actually be that he did attend Harvard but didn’t graduate. I think this makes his lie easier to believe because I could not understand why his family would believe he went to Harvard (if he didn’t) and they are the ones who most likely paid his tuition.

Hae Jun should have known this day would come especially after it was touted in the news article that he went to Harvard. Even the couple who works with Bak Ha was teasing her about her boyfriend being a graduate of Harvard. The first thing that came to my mind is that his secret will get exposed soon since the article must have been read by many people. However, I didn’t expect it to be this immediate. And now many people in SK must know because it looks like an article was published about Hae Jun’s lie.

I honestly want Hae Jun to get kicked out and live at the inn. It would be nice to see him around the guys at the inn. Also, maybe now Bak Ha wouldn’t think of him as beyond her circumstances. Added to that is the fact that his mother will have to eat humble pie. I also think there’s a lot he can learn at the inn about life especially with those warm affectionate, “tough love sometimes” people. 

I hope the baker’s wife isn’t experiencing early symptoms of Alzheimer’s. She couldn’t remember where she left Yeol Mu. Thankfully Hae Jun was quick witted and both him and Bak Ha found baby YM.

I also wonder if Hae Ri will end up living at the inn. She keeps pestering WJ about marriage so maybe if he gives in she will get kicked out. However, if she didn’t save up any money while working then they will definitely be a broke couple. 

That briefcase full of money and gold bars, could it be the one that disappeared when Bak Ha’s husband died? Wow! Poor Geo Bok cannot figure out why it ended up in his possession.

Can I just say that HJ is probably one the better drama "main lead" characters I have come across in a long time.

I love how he tells his mother that he is one that likes Bak Ha and that she is not the one that is running after him. Even though he knows his mom could very well have something to do with Bak Ha's husband's death, and has mistreated Bak Ha often, he still manages restraint with his mom, after all she is his mother ( or so we think). He still believes that Hae Ri will support him when he becomes the CEO and treats her with respect even in the current office setting.

His moral compass is pointed in the correct direction, thus I wonder what happened to him at Harvard? @celebrianna Like you, I also hope he winds up staying at the inn :D and more "accessible" to Bak Ha. Though one wonders what he is going to do - he will be without a job and all?

I found it funny how In Suk told Bak Ha, that he has taken her son from her, when, if anything she is the one driving the wedge and Bak Ha is trying so hard to prevent him from doing so. 

I also liked the " talk" between Woo Jae and Bak Ha. At least it is clear now that their relationship is of the sibling-type. We also got to hear Bak Ha's genuine reasons for rejecting Hae Jun. It was also nice of Woo Jae to paint Hae Jun in a good light and encourage Bak Ha to talk to HJ when he was waiting for her outside the inn. My heart breaks to think of what is going to happen when she finds out that Woo Jae was with her husband in his final moments.

I still don't like Hae Ri, and still don't understand how she and Woo Jae are still a couple. However because of her, HJ found out that his mom had slapped Bah Ha. I have felt sorry for her whenever she has told her mom to just drop everything, but then she gets all worked up again when she thinks of the way her father was treated. I hope she does not end up at the inn, though, maybe being around kind- hearted people, might just help bring out the good side of her. 

Bak Ha's heart has fallen for HJ, now her brain just needs to come around! I loved how, when they found baby Yeol Mul, and the ladies at the store called HJ the father and suggested that they were newly weds, they did not even bother to deny it and instead Bak Ha was more concerned about HJ' s injury!

Truth be told, I re-watched the scene where HJ falls at least 10 times and I still can't figure out what exactly happened. He was trying to protect Bak Ha from the reversing car...and then did he slip?

The baker couple at least look like they are going to okay going forward, though how Gum Hee could forget Baby Yeol Mul like that was scary and careless. 

I found Bak Ha's reaction to Yeol Mul missing, gut-wrenching!! Kudos to HJ for being level- headed enough to figure out where he might have been left behind!

Floor six, as far as I am concerned, has made a big mistake!! She knows it, but her life's determination to be rich seems to cloud her common sense. Floor five is not any better, even though he tries to make Floor six see the error of her ways.

Looking forward to next week!

@lexicon, I admit I felt a bit sorry for Hae Ri after hearing her grandfather berate her dead father. There’s a saying that one should never speak ill of the dead. I find that hardly realistic but I like how Hae Jun has more common sense and patience than his thieving grandfather. Hae Jun told him that he should have comforted Hae Ri (since she will lose out on the CEO position) rather than say such harsh things to her. It smacked straight of the wisdom that “a soft answer turns away wrath”.

I also find Hae Jun a fantastic male lead. I have admired the way he has dealt with his mother until now. He always manages to stand for his convictions while maintaining the necessary respect that one must have for the parent even when they don’t deserve it. Notice how his mom is always railing against and degrading Bak Ha and her husband knowing full well that everything she says is a lie. I hope in the end she learns a harsh lesson. Sometimes she reminds me of a thug to be quite frank. Like when she stuck her finger in Bak Ha’s face and warned her to stay away from Hae Jun. Her whole demeanor, temper and way of speaking was that of a thug. I guess the apple didn’t fall far from the tree because Do Hee said more than once that Hae Jun’s mom comes from a family of thugs. I can understand why Hae Jun’s father didn’t like her. Notice that Hae Jun’s father is said to be sensible according to the thieving grandfather. 

As to what work Hae Jun would do, it doesn’t matter. If he moves to the inn, I have a feeling he might end up working with Geo Bok by the end of the drama. 

On 1/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, celebrianna said:

As to what work Hae Jun would do, it doesn’t matter. If he moves to the inn, I have a feeling he might end up working with Geo Bok by the end of the drama. 

I also have have a feeling that they will collaborate in some way.

While we wait for today's episode: BTS of the scene when they find Yeol Mu in the supermarket, plus there is some translation of an earlier interview.

Major development today. Bak Ha’s husband passport was in that suitcase so eventually things led to WJ confessing that he was there when her husband died in the fire. The show ended with the Inn family watching the footage of him entering the shed with the briefcase. I hope Bak Ha doesn’t lose faith in her husband’s innocence. Thankfully the preview shows that they will keep investigating his death. The inn family are like sleuths now. :lol:

Hae Jun is still living at home but I really kind of want him to end up at the inn. He and Bak Ha had some good scenes today. Ah, and it looks like I got my wish and thug mama is eating humble pie.

Kocowa translation:

Ms Oh: Pack up a bag and head to the US immediately.

Hae Jun: I never told you that I’d go, Mom.

Ms Oh: Please let my son go. 

Bak Ha: Ms. Oh, what are you doing? 

Ms Oh: If my kneeling isn’t enough, I’ll even beg with my hands. 

WJ: We’ll tell your mother first.

Hae Ri: She’ll kill us once she finds out. Let’s have the wedding and go on our honeymoon.

Do Hee: Hae Ri, what are you doing in a wedding dress?

Geo Bok: I was wondering if you remember me. You still have my briefcase?

Man: Who are you?

Bak Ha: You said you weren’t involved. Why did you lie to me?

Well, Hae Jun did experience a tragedy in the US. According to him, his precious friend and study mate died protecting him. After such a life changing experience he just couldn’t pull himself together to attend classes. Now the chairman told him if he goes back to finish his degree he will hold the position of CEO vacant for him. Hae Jun doesn’t seem keen on the idea but his mother wants him to take this second chance to turn things around. I’m wondering if I should give up on hoping that he’ll end up at the inn. 

I think Hae Jun is probably hesitating because he wants to stay with Bak Ha. I don’t know why he can’t just stay and apply to a prestigious university in Korea. In any case, now both him and Bak Ha can relate even better to each other because of their tragedies. 

Now we finally found out why GB ended up with the briefcase. Turns out that the shed owner took the briefcase and later collided with GB and the briefcases got mixed up. GB’s briefcase apparently have evidence of Chairman’s corrupt practices. It would be nice if he can get back his briefcase so that he can bring down that man.

Eun Ji keeps coming back to the doors of the inn. I like how Mak Rye told her not to come back. I agree with Mak Rye when she said to herself that if Eun Ji really considered her to be her mother she would have never started dating the Chairman while knowing what the chairman did to her and her family. That is very true. Her choice shows that she values a life with the chairman more than her relationship with Mak Rye. 

13 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Now the chairman told him if he goes back to finish his degree he will hold the position of CEO vacant for him. Hae Jun doesn’t seem keen on the idea but his mother wants him to take this second chance to turn things around. I’m wondering if I should give up on hoping that he’ll end up at the inn. 

I know how you feel, I swear I was disappointed when he got into that taxi and went home :rolleyes:...I so kept on wanting to hear the chairman tell to him to get out for good! At least his mom supports him, though from next weeks preview, let's see how both HJ and his mom hold up.

The scenes between Bak Ha and Hae Jun, this week were amazing!! These two seriously deserve a couple award. I hope Never Twice is still eligible for 2020 year end awards?! Such mature and believable acting from two young actors.

Finally Woo Jae spoke up!! He obviously feels remorse, but Bak Ha should also not easily forgive him, that's my opinion, any way. Though we know she won't hold a grudge for long. 

It looks like Baker's wife either has some serious illness or she could be pregnant (some women tend to have this issue during pregnancies).

My favourite scene from this week:

@lexicon, I absolutely enjoyed the conversation between HJ and BH outside the inn. I think another reason why HJ is so different to his family members is because of this tragedy as well. Even though both daughters-in-law of the chairman saw the death of their husbands, rather than valuing what’s truly important in life, it seems as though they became much more superficial. For them it’s all about status and inheritance. Wealth can disappear overnight. They’re old enough to know this but do not seem to know it. 

Ms. Oh going to BH and begging her to let her son go will probably just reinforce BH’s resistance to HJ’s efforts. Not to mention that now the focus for BH will intensify to discover why her husband had that briefcase full of money and gold. Let’s see how HJ will handle all of this. 

I’m hoping the baker’s wife isn’t ill. I know everybody have their troubles in life but it would just be too unfair that finally they’re getting their life back to normal and some illness comes to add to their troubles while the rich family only has stupid issues like fighting over their father-in-law’s girlfriend or fighting over the heir to the business.

About WJ, well, I think BH will forgive him. I just wished he had confessed a long time ago.

@celebrianna yeah was thinking the same in regards to the bakers wife. Would be so cruel. They giving of the strong Alzheimer's vibe. But that convo about a baby hoping maybe is pregnancy brain and she doesn't realise as yet or if they had to be something it's the menopause and nowt sinister. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how Hae Jun ends up sitting at the dining table at the inn in the preview but I’m glad to see it. :lol: Well, I was kind of hoping that his development with Mak Rye today would lead to him eventually living at the inn but could it be that next week he tells the chairman he’s not going to go back to Harvard and he gets kicked out? I see the chairman making an announcement publicly and it almost seems as though he’s giving Hae Ri a chance. Heh.

That would be good seeing as Geo Bok had a meeting today with some important looking people and there was a stack of documents on the table leading me to believe he did retrieve the corruption files on the chairman. It’s just a matter of time before the chairman hopefully gets his comeuppance. 

Well, didn’t I say that Ms. Oh going to Bak Ha would hinder Hae Jun’s efforts to break down Bak Ha’s walls? It did just that because once again Bak Ha was mean to him in today’s episodes. I assume they made up again because they seem to be getting along in the preview for next week. 

Kocowa Preview Translation:

Ms Oh: Never show up in front of me again. 

Poong Ki: Insook! Take this and get lost!

Eun Ji: I’m so upset. 

Eun Ji: Why is my heart racing? (while leaning on Poong Ki’s back)

Mak Rye: :wub: Stay here for the time being. (Probably to Hae Jun)

Hae Jun: Thank you.

Bak Ha: I like you a lot.

Hae Jun: Do you mean it? You can’t change your mind later.

Chairman: The new CEO...Marketing Director Na Hae Ri will run the company from now on.

Hae Ri: Woo Jae and I are getting married. I’m sorry, Mom. 

I really enjoyed today’s episodes. I love that progress was made into the mystery behind Kang’s alleged embezzlement and death. Now the Nakwon Inn sleuths have discovered that Director Son is definitely involved. I love how they entrapped him and Geo Bok still walked away with the money and intends, no doubt, to use it as further proof of the chairman’s corruption. I can’t wait to see Director Oh squirm. Like Geo Bok pointed out, there’s no way that Kang could have gotten his hand on so much money without the higher ups involvement. And, as an Accountant myself I wondered about the hotel gallery’s internal control policies. 

I love that Geo Bok took Mak Rye out to a nice dinner. I really don’t know why people always choose to eat steak at fancy restaurants. I prefer seafood. Anyway, another development I enjoyed was Mak Rye and Hae Jun becoming acquainted while all the guests were away from home. It gave me hope that he might definitely end up at the inn.

Hae Jun’s last scene this weekend was him leaving for the airport to fly to America. He finally accepted Bak Ha’s rejection. However, I believe he might be the one to discover her in the fire. That would explain her whole change of attitude in next week’s preview and why he’s still around. Also, the chairman took away Hae Jun’s company access and job so he’s definitely no longer working at the hotel and since he didn’t fly to America he probably can’t go home. That would possibly explain how he ends up at the inn and why Hae Ri will now run the company.

Geo Bok is planning something big against the chairman so in the end it’s good that Hae Jun no longer works there or runs the company. 

This was a good episode after a break :)

I really enjoy the scenes where the inn family stand-up and support each other!! Though Bak- Ha certainly has one on the men, while they were tackling the boat owner.

I realised, belatedly, that Park Se Wan (Bak- Ha) and Song Won Soek (Woo-Jae) had played love interests in another drama. Or at least I think they did, I only watched the first episode...so not really quite sure. 

@celebrianna Finally  Hae Jun will be moving to the inn...a few episodes late...but yeah...better late than never! 

It must have been shocking for Bak- Ha to have woken up to the fire. She had just re-lived what her husband had gone through, and now she finds herself in a very similar situation. I am guessing Hae Jun will stop one last time at the car wash place, and be the one to rescue her...

A few more BTS:

The car wash scene where Hae Jun tells Bak Ha he won't leave if she does not want him to. 

BTS of the restaurant scene, after they found baby Yul Meo

Archived