[Drama 2019-2020] Never Twice / No Second Chance, 두번은 없다

0ly40

@Bejaffled, I was extremely disappointed and mad with Poong Ki. Even if he’s upset that his dad only remembers his mom who deserted them and left their family in shambles, that was no way to treat his father. 

HJ and Bak Ha storyline is so engaging and sweet. I really enjoy how their relationship has developed. It was a great idea the way he maneuvered gifting that stroller to Bak Ha. I laughed how he took the time to write the stroller on all those stickies so no matter what she chose it would be the stroller. :lol: I love the picture that they took together as a family. Bak Ha’s poor husband would have loved his little family so much. So sad for him. I’m glad Hae Jun seem to really adore Yeol Mu. I believe they will have a tough road ahead on all sides so I’m enjoying their relative peace right now.

I’m also invested in Man Ho and his wife’s storyline. The bakery shop owner definitely have no manners. They didn’t need to destroy the cakes. If their bakery is so wonderful, what do they have to fear from someone selling cakes on the street? Not to mention that some people will never buy cakes from someone selling on the street. Jeez. 

I’m interested in Geo Bok’s story too. I wonder who is that lady he met in the cafe. I think next week it will be revealed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These two just keep on getting cuter with each episode 

Some BTS pics

It is really awesome to see the interaction between HJ and BH, and baby YM is the cherry on top!:D

I am happy to see them becoming friends and they just seem to fit in with each other very naturally.

I am, however, still not sure about how I feel about BH asking HJ not to leave, because of the business trip. She clearly has become attached to him, and the scene was quite touching...but I kind of felt like that it was a bit too early for her to be feeling like that.

I hope nothing bad happens to her next week!! 

:(. Who knew a button would cause a lot of trouble!

HJ is still being so remarkable!! He is so smitten though it has completely dawned on him that he has fallen for BK. The way he has no qualms taking a "family" pic because it was baby YM's first Christmas.

It is sad that baby YM will never have a pic with his biological father. 

Like most of you I was also unimpressed with room 5 shouting at his father. There really is no excuse. However it was good to get some background and I can't help thinking that he had to support and take care of his dad financially for a long time and thus did not really get to live for himself.

As much as I dislike the relationship between CEO Na and Floor 6, it certainly provides a lot of entertainment!! The family meetup was great!!

The Baker couple's relationship is something to aspire towards. I loved the way she picked him up...lol.

We are slowly getting a glimpse into background of the individuals and this is helping to flesh out the characters.

I also enjoyed the memorial service, everyone participated and it just felt like they were one big family.

I am not sure why, but I just feel like the Christmas "family pic" is going to be important somewhere along the line.

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I am, however, still not sure about how I feel about BH asking HJ not to leave, because of the business trip. She clearly has become attached to him, and the scene was quite touching...but I kind of felt like that it was a bit too early for her to be feeling like that.

i think that was an "impulse" reaction on her part, not really that of (conscious) love... HJ has always been there for her, to help her out in dire times, to cheer her up, bicker & joke with her, etc... unknowingly even to her, he has become someone important in her life. So at that moment when she heard he was going for overseas business trip, she was overwhelmed with fear that something bad will happen to him.

6 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

i think that was an "impulse" reaction on her part, not really that of (conscious) love... HJ has always been there for her, to help her out in dire times, to cheer her up, bicker & joke with her, etc... unknowingly even to her, he has become someone important in her life. So at that moment when she heard he was going for overseas business trip, she was overwhelmed with fear that something bad will happen to him.

I also think that it's the trauma of the accident that created this connection of business trip must equate to death. From my point of view, I don't think BH has any feelings but "oh he's cool guy but he's a knucklehead sometimes" towards HJ. HJ on the other hand is head over heels for BH and Yeol Mu (but who wouldn't fall in love with those cheeks??). Again I say, I am against chairman's and Eun Ji's relationship! It's not that I'm being ageist but I don't know why they are dating and it feels...off.

Will HR's character ever be likable? I think the actress is great and plays up her comedic moments well but my God, how will se be redeemed? She's horrible. All of the inhabitants of that house are horrible (minus HJ of course). Mak Rye and Man Bok...this ship...so stinking cute! Poong Gi yelling at his father...sir he has dementia. The baker and his wife are goals. 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, JoeZee said:

Will HR's character ever be likable

This is a really good question!  She’s so irritating, and yet she has these moments (usually she’s been drinking alcohol during them) where she seems like a human being.  She and HaeJun are really stuck in a terrible situation, where neither of them wants to fight for the right to manage/inherit, but feel like they must.  Even when she throws those nasty tantrums, she’s struggling in her own limited way to fulfill her mother’s dream.  Even her mother is, at the root of things, trying to right the “wrong” her husband suffered.  

Imo neither HaeRi nor her mother want to be redeemed, necessarily.  They have a goal that think is justified, and so they’re willing to be cruel and use people and hit people (when HaeRi slapped WooJae I was COMPLETELY DONE with their couple and HaeRi’s character) in order to achieve their goal.  

When will Bak Ha realize she has to be aware of Hae Jun’s wicked mother? It wasn’t enough that she had someone steal the expensive painting from Bak Ha to cause Bak Ha to be fired but she also almost got Bak Ha into a dangerous accident. And to add insult to injury, she’s all upset with Hae Jun who as soon as he came back from his trip and found out what happened to Bak Ha, immediate suspected his mother and confronted her about it. 

Anyway, Hae Jun continues to endear me to his character. He looked like he was about to explode when he found out about the obvious entrapment that Bak Ha fell into. I just love that he still kept a balance of respect and admonition in his confrontation with the wench that is his mother. I was thinking that it was too early that he confessed to Bak Ha but I think it was necessary now that she longer worked at the hotel and there no longer existed a cover for his blatant interest in her. At least the preview shows hope that they’re still friendly even if Bak Ha rejects him.

I hope that even if Geo Bok gets a good stake in Geosung’s businesses that Hae Jun will still run the business in the future. The chairman will undoubtedly be upset with Hae Jun but I hope in the long run Hae Jun will run the business even if it’s with Geo Bok’s help. I’m done with Hae Ri. There’s nothing likable about her in my estimation. She’s haughty, nasty, selfish, spoilt, and whiny. That’s one of the major reasons why I want Hae Jun to run the business. He at least know how to treat others (employees, investors, customers and business partners) well. 

I’m so mad at Man Ho right now. I totally understand his desire to get his own bakery but borrowing from shady businesses will only compound their problems. No matter how much his wife is pleading with him to let them take things slow and not get burdened with bad loans (which they experienced before), he’s still coveting a bakery thinking that he can work very hard and pay back the loan. I find debt so scary and debt from shady businesses even scarier. Poor woman. The preview shows that his wife will plead with the elders at the inn to stop him although we already see him putting his stamp on the loan documents. Perhaps Geo Bok step in and help by buying the loan if they can’t stop him in time. 

Mama Bok really had me this weekend.  The whole show I really thought she might not have any feelings for GeoBok anymore.  In fact, I wasn’t sure at all that their “past” was actually real, and wasn’t just a young GeoBok’s wishful thinking.  Then when she stomped into that restaurant and told GeoBok to his face that he could get right out of her life if he was going to two-time her, I nearly died laughing.  And now that she’s seen that he really is telling the truth about some things, she’s being so sweet.  I want more of their past to be revealed next week because I’m really confused as to how Na WangSam stealing the Bok family’s money has anything to do with Choi GeoBok breaking off their relationship.  

That said... I really like how the relationship between GeoBok and MakRye mirrors the one between Hae Jun and Bak Ha.  Just like Na WangSam and his theft of money got between GeoBok and MakRye, the same thing has happened again with HaeJun’s mother arranging for the company money to be embezzled.  I just hope it doesn’t take 50 years for HaeJun and BakHa to reconcile.  :grimace:

Also, is anyone else worried that WooJae is making a huge mistake???  Like what if HaeRi decides she isn’t going to marry him after all, isn’t that going to mess up his career?  

@yonaomi123, WJ didn’t want the sponsorship in the first place. However, now that he’s signed on, I would hope that even if he’s no longer with Hae Ri, he would still be treated professionally. I’m sure that as long as Hae Jun has a say, he will treat the sponsorship with WJ respectfully as it’s a business arrangement. If anything i would be more worried that HR or her mother frame WJ like they have done with everybody else who deal with them. They are more like mobsters than business people. Look how many people has grievances against them including the Chairman because of their dirty practices. Hae Jun is the only one among them who’s clean.

I’m really hoping that Geo Bok secretly take over their business although it could be bad for Hae Jun in the sense that the Chairman would hold it against him. I just feel that these dirty people should learn a harsh lesson. I don’t expect them to change though. There’s nothing remotely resembling a conscience for any of them. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I’m really hoping that Geo Bok secretly take over their business although it could be bad for Hae Jun in the sense that the Chairman would hold it against him. I just feel that these dirty people should learn a harsh lesson. I don’t expect them to change though. There’s nothing remotely resembling a conscience for any of them. 

Geo Bok is likely the behind the scene owner of NorthSky Chain as it was mentioned that the negotiator Andy Rubin was not the owner.  Once the contract is signed, Geo Bok will reveal himself and as per the contract agreement, become part of the Guseong Hotel's Board of Directors and work on getting his revenge against Chairman Na.  Fun!

@travelling thru I also agree that Geo Bok is behind Northsky. I remember a while back he was present during the investor meeting (albeit in hiding) and I never connected that to the fact he's obviously wealthy and all that English.

@yonaomi123 Geo Bok and Mak Rye gave me so much joy! I think I replayed the scene where he calls her from the next room over just to say "Goodnight". She acted all annoyed but sat there and with her head in hands and entertained him for a bit. I really like them. 

@celebrianna It was so frustrating to watch BH get duped by HJ's mom again this week. The moment she hears the word "gallery", she should be on HIGH alert. Everyone this episode irked me except BH, HJ, Geo Bok, Mak Rye, and of course Yeol Mu. I get that the baker hyung really wants to have his own bakery but a private loan? No way! Especially after trying to commit couple suicide.  

i'm very happy that when HJ first went to the car wash place and tried to get BH into his car, she didn't and HJ left... Have watched too many k dramas whereby the male lead would wrist grab and drag the female lead away from her work place, and female lead would be dragged along then later get into trouble with work boss .... I think this also reflects HJ's respect for BH despite his burning desire to solve her problem

I had wished the love confession would come later bcos i love seeing their friendly & sweet interactions, plus i want to see love-confused HJ :D ... but after seeing the whole episode, i understand why he had to do it. He needs BH to understand that he was doing all these out of love, not kind compassion or pity.

You all know the introduction short clip at the beginning of each episode showing the residents at the inn? I always wondered whether there might be a chance HJ may end up staying there for a while ... e.g., being discovered that he didn't graduate from Harvard or unknowingly causing the downfall of the company (bcos of Northsky), then being chased out of the house and stay in the inn?

i cannot stand watching HJ's mom ... she has no shame, no guilt, no conscience... PK's "love scene" with her really disgust me .. i think PK is a very sad character bcos of his belief and value system. we can see he likes ROOM 6,  but he didn't even consider being with her bcos of his blind goal of chasing rich woman 

@hahanzyy, I have also wondered the same thing if Hae Jun would get kicked out and have to stay at the inn but remember Hae Ri is also in that picture. I can’t imagine her staying at the inn unless she experiences a huge change of heart.

Yes, Hae Jun had to confess to make things clear with Bak Ha. The series is also more than half way through too so I suppose it was time to confess to get things moving. There were also other revelations made this weekend that are meant to move the story along. 

Those pics are too cute @travelling thru!!! Thanks :blush:

Also... @everyone lol, why do some of you think that HaeJun didn’t actually get his MBA from Harvard?  I mean I know the guy as written basically doesn’t have any flaws (except I guess his temper?? in those first few eps he was almost as bratty as his cousin HaeRi), but I feel like HaeJun wouldn’t gamble  on something that could be so easily disproven... or maybe considering all the stupid gambles his mom has made trying to cover up her embezzlement, maybe he would?? Like mother, like son?

@yonaomi123, I don’t think Hae Jun is anything like his mother. I believe he must have a good reason to tell that lie although I don’t condone lying. Perhaps he messed up somewhere along the line or perhaps it wasn’t even his choice to go to Harvard. Who knows. We have to wait to find out. From the looks of it he seem to know his stuff though. 

25 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@yonaomi123, I don’t think Hae Jun is anything like his mother. I believe he must have a good reason to tell that lie although I don’t condone lying. Perhaps he messed up somewhere along the line or perhaps it wasn’t even his choice to go to Harvard. Who knows. We have to wait to find out. From the looks of it he seem to know his stuff though. 

Oh I completely agree that HaeJun has had a lot of success as the managing director.  And because he’s been shown to be so good at his job, that’s why I was curious to hear people’s reasons why they think he didn’t get the MBA.  How did the idea come to be is really what’s I’m getting at... hopefully I’m not coming off as rude lol.  The holidays are giving me a lot of time to think about dramas ^_^

And same re: HaeJun not being anything like his mother.  I do wonder why though?  It’s implied that HaeJun and HaeRi’s fathers’ both died fairly early in their childhood, so if it wasn’t that influence, then was it InSook herself?  At the beginning of the drama, HaeJun has so much faith in his mother that he outright says that if she says something is true, then it is.  It is entirely possible, I suppose, that InSook was a good role model/mom and anything shady she was doing (which most definitely she was), she kept very hidden.  It is interesting to me though, that since Guseong was essentially built off a theft and has been at least occasionally okay with further criminal activity, that the Na family chose to raise HaeJun to be such a righteous person. 

Archived