[Drama 2019-2020] Never Twice / No Second Chance, 두번은 없다

0ly40

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like baby Yul Meol will be playing cupid :D

I enjoyed the after-kiss reaction reversal!! Bok Ha talking like a boss. Poor Hae Joon :w00t: 

@celebrianna We got the hair and wardrobe fix we wanted. As much as I liked the fact that we got to see Bok Ha without the braids and dressed all so pretty; I do not enjoy the fake fiance trope. I hope it is a very temporary "setup". Surly Hae Joon has better self-esteem than this?!

Well room 5 and 6 seem to have decided the direction they want to move in...not sure where they are going to end-up...

I hope Baker husband and wife decide to run a bakery eventually. I really like their relationship!! How cute is their "recharge"?

I was also kind of disappointed with Hae Joon's mom again trying to get Bok Ha arrested. Seriously?! You barely succeeded with round 1 and you jump right into it again?! Or is it just lazy writing?

@lexicon, I also do not like the fake fiancé trope. It’s nice to see Bak Ha looking all lovely though. 

I really like the development with Hae Joon discovering how reprehensibly his mother acted towards Bak Ha. At least it’s clear that he was disappointed in her and made her apologize to Bak Ha. It also shows that he’s a sensible person unlike the rest in his family including his grandfather who knows the truth and was more upset over his daughter in law making a mess instead of the fact that she framed someone for embezzlement. It’s one of the reasons why I can never get onboard his scenes with Eun Ji. 

This show just continues to amaze me on the kindness and sometimes “tough” love involving the relationships at the inn. The way they rallied around the baker and his wife brought tears to my eyes. Even the way they volunteer to babysit YM is the epitome of kindness. YM is soooo adorable too.

@celebrianna, i agree with you. I think other than Hae Joon, all the other family members are seriously flawed  ... His mom repeatedly making things difficult for BH despite being the culprit who framed her husband. The aunt who felt nothing about making life difficult for the baker & his wife. His cousin HR who repeatedly made things difficult for BH in the office even after what she did when BH's hubby died in the fire... i really cannot understand what the BF sees in her besides her being obsessively in love with him (in one scene, he described HR as actually very kind hearted :crazy: ) .. the grandpa's "love at first sight" and lovesick scenes actually made me feel quite repulsed ... i think this family (except HJ) are all extremely self-centred people who literally have no conscience at all

I think Hae Joon's humanity comes from (in part) is failure in America. I really believe he didn't graduate from Harvard least of all attend in the first place. I think he also appreciates Beak Ha's determination to be a good mom to Yeol Mu and finding out what really happened to Yeol Mu's dad. Hae Joon's father is also gone so he probably sees his life mirroring Yeol Mu's. It was very honorable that Hae Joon recognized his mom's behavior and confronted her (so refreshing!). I really wish we would get rid of the storyline with the chairman and Eun Ji, it doesn't come off as cute to me (lowkey a bit creepy). My favorite scenes are when the inn residents are interacting with one another. The fact that these people are all falling into a semblance of a family with baby Yeol Mu in the center if it all :bawling:

@0ly40, thanks for the preview. I wonder why MBC stopped posting the previews. I haven’t seen one on YouTube in a good while.

I really enjoyed today’s episodes. The way they’re developing Bak Ha and Hae Jun’s “interactions” (I don’t know what to call it at the moment) feels organic. They’re slowly getting to know each other. It still amazes me how decent Hae Jun is at his core considering the family who raised him. I’m curious to know why he’s so different from his cousin Hae Ri who consistently acts snobbish and undoubtedly will continue to act mean spirited for episodes to come. 

It was great to see the Inn family helping Man Ho and his wife sell their breakfast sandwiches. Even Yeol Mu was there too. :lol: I really hope they will establish their own bakery before this show ends. Fighting! 

I wonder if they’ll be a love line between Poong Ki and Eun Ji. He seemed undeniably worried that she stayed out all night. More so than anyone else at the inn too. Hmm. 

About WJ, I want to know what’s his limit. The brat he’s dating keeps embarrassing him in front of everyone. She did it to him in front of Mak Rye and the other inhabitants of the inn and now she’ll do it to him in front of HJ and BH.  He’s like a doormat for her tantrums and her mother’s gangster beatings. Now she’s threatening him that she will tell Bak Ha everything about the night of the fire in the shed. I wish he would seriously break it off with her although I can’t imagine what it would take for him to wake up.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, celebrianna said:

@0ly40, thanks for the preview. I wonder why MBC stopped posting the previews. I haven’t seen one on YouTube in a good while.

I really enjoyed today’s episodes. The way they’re developing Bak Ha and Hae Jun’s “interactions” (I don’t know what to call it at the moment) feels organic. They’re slowly getting to know each other. It still amazes me how decent Hae Jun is at his core considering the family who raised him. I’m curious to know why he’s so different from his cousin Hae Ri who consistently acts snobbish and undoubtedly will continue to act mean spirited for episodes to come. 

It was great to see the Inn family helping Man Ho and his wife sell their breakfast sandwiches. Even Yeol Mu was there too. :lol: I really hope they will establish their own bakery before this show ends. Fighting! 

I wonder if they’ll be a love line between Poong Ki and Eun Ji. He seemed undeniably worried that she stayed out all night. More so than anyone else at the inn too. Hmm. 

I thought the same too with HJ and BH's interactions. Their chemistry and acting is top tier. I live for their moments on this show. This week's episode had me all giddy. Those slow half smiles HJ keeps sending BH are really going to be the death of me. I'm also curious as to why HJ has a better moral core than his mom. I initially thought it was because of his grandfather but we learn how he got his money to start the hotel and that theory is now dead. I think HJ's aunt (Hae RI's mom) isn't too bad. I know she's motivated to help BH because she want to expose her younger sister in law but the thing is the actress who plays her (Park Joon-geum) ALWAYS finds a way in every drama to make me not completely hate her because she always seems to play the same character in every drama. 

@JoeZee, I hear you. :wub: BH and HJ are so enjoyable to watch. As to Hae Ri’s mom, I don’t mind her but remember there’s a story to be revealed about what she did to Man Ho and his wife that drove them to want to commit suicide. While she doesn’t seem as malicious as HJ’s mom, she still destroyed Man Ho’s career in the hotel industry.

Like most of you here, I am really (starting) to on my part enjoy the interactions between BH and HJ and @celebrianna their "relationship" is organic. 

Right now HJ is genuinely one good person and I hope he stays that way. I am really impressed with Kwak Dong Yeon' s acting. He is really good with his expressions! The look on his face when he realised that BH was actually talking in her sleep!! The smile he has whenever he thinks about her.

I love BH's confidence. From head- butting the gallery ladies to actually making them understand that they hurt her emotionally. Also when she explains to HJ about her fashion, when he tries to sutely hint to her to change - though we all wish it at this point.

@JoeZee I find your interpretation of HJs humanity interesting! I on the other hand wonder if there is a birth secret ( yes I have watched too many K-dramas).

@hahanzyy like you I am also not impressed with the Grandpa and Room 6's "romance". Though I did enjoy how he told-off his daughter's-in-law and was rather amused to see how scared both he and Room 6 were of having to explain to their families why they spent the night out, even at their age!

Looks like Room 5 subconsciously has a crush on Room 6...will be interesting to see him reach full realization!

@0ly40 thank you for the bts!! I have been wanting to see these scenes so badly. 

By the way did they cut the kiss scene from the drunken sleep talk scene  when the drama actually aired, or did I miss something?

Glad to see that Baker husband and wife are finally finding their footing again!

The less I say about WJ and Hae Ji the better. I wonder if somewhere along the line he might actually develop feelings for BH ( again, yes I have watched too many K-dramas)

We got some back story on the veterans, will be interesting to know if that is what happened.

According to K dramas poor girls must have no innate taste, style or interest in fashion. Or even just looking put together. 

Rich girls must only be interested in wearing gobs of makeup, expensive/impractical jewelry, high high heels and short short skirts. One that has no great interest in fashion  does not exist.

Than You can be a good girl and not look like an orphanage charity donation or A Gangnam Princess and not be a Vogue fashion plate 34/7  still has not sunken in I guess. 

@JoeZee, yes Hae Ri’s mom was probably in charge of the hotel bakery dealings. I believe the Chairman mentioned that she messed up the business that he had put her in charge of. Also, remember Man Ho and his wife confronted her in front of the house and poured flour over her and her driver tried to defend her. 

@lexicon, I also wondered for a moment if perhaps WJ would fall for BH but he kind of seems to be mesmerized by spoilt rich brat. Otherwise, why would he put up with her bratty tantrums? However, there were moments when it felt like he might start to take an interest in BH beyond his guilt for not doing more to save her husband. In any case I wouldn’t like their friendship to go there because that secret is too big an obstacle to gloss over. At least with HJ, BH already suspects his mother is involved and knows HJ has nothing to do with her husband’s alleged embezzlement and death. 

HJ is a sweetheart. The way he secretly gifted BH that stroller was perfect. He is totally smitten by her and baby YM and it's adorable.

I really disliked PKs scene with his dad. I get that it was for exposition purposes, so we'd understand why he doesn't believe in love, but yelling at an elderly man with dementia like that was really unnecessary. 

The preview looks like HJs mum is planning something nefarious for BH. I hope she'll be ok. 

Archived