[Official Thread] Wang Yi Bo 王一博

Lynne

14 hours ago, owlstar said:

It amazes me how Chinese fans always know exactly when and where celebrities are going to be.  I know their schedules are public but even their flight information?  I thought only paparazzi chased celebrities because that's their job but these are just regular people.

Ugh, it's a bit much.  I remember how Yibo had to change his phone number over the summer because someone had figured out his number and sold it so saesang fans who kept calling him.  And then there have been stories of other artists, like Xiao Zhan, who've shown up to the airport only to find out their tickets are canceled and it turns out it was all done by a fan who just wanted to make it easier for them to get tickets for the same flight.  Just... *shudders* 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omo!! Just discovered Yibo is coming to Netflix this Friday 25/10!! Another round of Lanzhan? Anyone? Kekeke...

Good news. Someone translated the Legend of Fei, in the meantime, we can read and picture Yibo/Xie Yun, as described by the author at the beginning of the story as 'a youth merely fourteen-fifteen years old, his frame slim and tall, born with quite a handsome appearance. In his hand is a dagger—just by standing there, he already has the appearance of a refined young master.' :w00t:

Can't wait for them to wrap up filming, but it's gonna be a looooong wait... 

7 hours ago, Michelleho71 said:

Good news. Someone translated the Legend of Fei, in the meantime, we can read and picture Yibo/Xie Yun, as described by the author at the beginning of the story as 'a youth merely fourteen-fifteen years old, his frame slim and tall, born with quite a handsome appearance. In his hand is a dagger—just by standing there, he already has the appearance of a refined young master.' :w00t:

Yibo looks so good in costume.  I hope the drama will turn out good but somehow I think I'll be watching regardless.  :P

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ugh, it's a bit much.  I remember how Yibo had to change his phone number over the summer because someone had figured out his number and sold it so saesang fans who kept calling him.  And then there have been stories of other artists, like Xiao Zhan, who've shown up to the airport only to find out their tickets are canceled and it turns out it was all done by a fan who just wanted to make it easier for them to get tickets for the same flight.  Just... *shudders* 

Yeah it's pretty insane, some of these stories and the lengths these "fans" go to. :wacko:

On a happier note, how could I not know that this DDU parody of F4 existed until now.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, angelangie said:

A reporter ask how many helmets / lego Yibo have lols....seems like a lil too many if you ask me lols

Hee hee, there's an old DDU clip where they showed parts of his apartment and literally along one side of the wall, on the floor, it was just a row of boxes and helmets and I think the boxes also contained helmets.  Or something like. I can't quite recall.  But I remember thinking that's A LOT of helmets.  And then in the other half of room that they showed, it was filled with Legos. 

Pretty much what you'd expect Yibo's apartment to look like.  :D  

21 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hee hee, there's an old DDU clip where they showed parts of his apartment and literally along one side of the wall, on the floor, it was just a row of boxes and helmets and I think the boxes also contained helmets.  Or something like. I can't quite recall.  But I remember thinking that's A LOT of helmets.  And then in the other half of room that they showed, it was filled with Legos. 

Pretty much what you'd expect Yibo's apartment to look like.  :D  

I've seen this little video which showed basically helmets, shoes and toys.  :P

I was curious if they showed any more of his place than in that short clip, but didn't know which episode that was from.

Yibo's looking good in the new teaser for Legend of Fei!

On 10/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, themarchioness said:

Yes! That’s the clip I was thinking of!  And that’s all there is of it. It comes from this episode: 

https://youtu.be/oK80mMtQY48

Thanks for sharing link to the episode!  I wish they'd shown more of his place, but I guess maybe there's not much more to see. :P

Do his DDU brothers always try to matchmake him with young female guests that come on the show? Lol.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:44 AM, angelangie said:

YiBo will live the life of a fireman for DayDay Up

I wish I understood half these memes!  Anybody care to translate?

On 11/2/2019 at 4:17 AM, themarchioness said:

Some additional outfits from the Untamed Concert

My favorite look is him in the suit!  The manspreading was a bonus lol.  :P

On 11/3/2019 at 8:26 AM, themarchioness said:

Oh Yibo... haha.  Also so very him. Also not surprising as I’ve seen him do the same in interviews. But always amusing every time.

Ah yes, classic gremlin Yibo move haha.  B)

The DDU group hug at the end was really cute.  :)

22 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Clips from WYB's performance at today's 11.11 event.

https://mobile.twitter.com/uniq5s/status/1193547361840009221

https://mobile.twitter.com/uniq5s/status/1193547530467831809

And some well-deserved Yibo love after his performance :wub:

https://mobile.twitter.com/uniq5s/status/1193556326149787648

I actually like watching fancam versions of his dances too because a lot of the fluidity of his dancing gets lost when they start changing cameras/angles and adding special effects.

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

Wang YiBo dress up released by his studio for the Carnival Fest for 11.11

I really like all of his outfits for this show! Yibo looks so sharp in suits/blazers (he even manages to look cute in the green ball thingy :lol:). 

I've been rewatching The Untamed again... now with my sister :P  so my Yibo feels came back again...

Source

Wang Yibo as Lan Wangji

Okay so I’ve heard that people had a bunch of opinions about Wang Yibo as Lan Zhan and while I understood them at first, as the series progressed, I found myself less and less inclined to agree with their criticism because the boy actually nails Lan Zhan’s ability to convey his emotions through minute changes. Honestly, I could wax poetry about how he understands the character but that’ll be too long so I’m just going to showcase how perfect he is as Lan Zhan just by the looks he gives to those around him.

1. The way he looks at his brother, Lan Xichen: expression is open, slightly contrite as if he knows there’s nothing he can hide from him

2. The way he looks at the disciples: brows furrowed slightly for a sterner gaze, he’s not joking around

3. The way he glances towards Jin Ling right as he’s about to seal his mouth: like he’s merely a small disturbance, clearly shows who’s boss with that slightly haughty look

4. The way he (never) looks at Jiang Cheng: man was literally the cause of Wei Ying’s death, you can’t expect Lan Zhan to give him any good looks or acknowledgement

5. The way he looks at Jin Guangyao: acknowledgement his presence by looking at him but you can see it’s not an open expression either, Lan Zhan’s clearly got his guard up

6. The way he (barely) looks at women: he looks so bored someone get him outta there

Spoiler

7. Finally, the way he stares (yep he stares) at Wei Ying: just look at how mesmerized he looks, the adoration, the helplessness he feels when he comes to Wei Ying, the slight sense of wonder as if he can’t quite believe a person like Wei Ying exists, the openness of his expression that I don’t even think he realizes, the intensity behind his stare when Wei Ying’s literally too thick to understand the meaning behind his words… phew

imageimageimageimage

Honestly, if it wasn’t for the 10 picture limit, I’d be posting a lot more pics but alas. Honestly, Yibo’s also only 22 years old and hasn’t been acting for that long so I understand him not being perfect; however, given how difficult Lan Zhan is as a character, I give him full marks for how he’s been approaching this character.

From the initial annoyance of Wei Ying’s mere presence, to the acknowledgement of his open and honest character, to the increasingly blurry line between friendship and love, to Lan Zhan desire to help Wei Ying and subsequent helplessness because he isn’t sure how to, to his more mature approach to Wei Ying after reuniting with him after 16 years (Lan Zhan learned his lesson from the first time around, he’s not going to repeat the same mistakes twice), you can see all of this in Yibo’s acting.

Archived