[Official Thread] Wang Yi Bo 王一博

Lynne

On 10/1/2019 at 12:16 AM, angelangie said:

hmmm i dunno.....however it does seems due to their launch of app.....why all launching own app so many app ><" 

Whatever their reasons, I will say this for the app.  I think it has a more complete collection of the DDU episodes than YouTube ever had.  So for all my earlier complaints and freaking out, there's that. :P 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@themarchioness Looks like Zhejiang videos are also back?  Some people are saying it was because of China's anniversary national day but I'm still not sure what that had to do with YouTube content.  In any case, I hope that's all it was and they won't decide to take them all away again.

2 hours ago, owlstar said:

@themarchioness Looks like Zhejiang videos are also back?  Some people are saying it was because of China's anniversary national day but I'm still not sure what that had to do with YouTube content.  In any case, I hope that's all it was and they won't decide to take them all away again.

Yesh, I noticed that too. @lynne22 and I were speculating that to be the reason as well. We weren’t sure either how that necessarily played into into their celebrations (is people watching videos on YT that distracting from their big event?), but given timing it was the only plausible explanation we could come up with as well.  

Like you said, hopefully it was just a temporary thing with super bad timing on Monday (for me, personally), and we don’t have to worry about our DDU Yibo disappearing from our screens again. ;) 

11 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Like you said, hopefully it was just a temporary thing with super bad timing on Monday (for me, personally), and we don’t have to worry about our DDU Yibo disappearing from our screens again. ;) 

*fingers crossed*

I was watching this episode and I loved everyone's reaction to Yibo's cooking lol.  The whole bit was so funny... like how Yibo kept trying to defend his dish but in the end even he had to admit it was bad lol.  I didn't know he had such a sour tooth. :P

Hello all, I'm a new YiBo convert after watching The Untamed. I also didn't expect liking the drama since the BL genre is not my kind of thing. I'm pretty vain when it comes to dramas, both male and female leads must be gorgeoys. Surprisingly, once I started watching the first episode out of curiosity it was no turning back! Storyline and characters were all very engaging, I finished all episodes in 2 days! Just very thankful I caught the bug after it finished airing, or I can't imagine the agony of waiting for episode releases! 

At first I was mesmerized by Xiao Zhan, but by episode 50 I was completely smitten with Wang YiBo. Don't get me wrong, I still think Xiao Zhan is one extremely gorgeous man, but somehow YiBo has the kind of visuals that just grow on you.

Then I started watching clips from Produce 101, DDU, snippets of his older dramas and his interviews, OMG he is just such an adorable person. I like how he is so direct and blunt, and I think his replies are quite intelligent. He doesn't say things that are empty and some of his replies are just downright savage. 

Currently, dragging the hubs to watch the full Producer 101 episodes with me while going gaga over YiBo :wub::wub:

9 hours ago, nuttyz said:

At first I was mesmerized by Xiao Zhan, but by episode 50 I was completely smitten with Wang YiBo. Don't get me wrong, I still think Xiao Zhan is one extremely gorgeous man, but somehow YiBo has the kind of visuals that just grow on you.

I remember reading somewhere that said Xiao Zhan is like love at first sight, while Yibo is like love that grows over time... or like fine wine... he just keeps getting better and better. :wub: 

They are so fun BTS and in interviews together too!  

Someone's comment:  "zhan ge is all of us."   Yes, indeed. :lol:

5 hours ago, owlstar said:

I remember reading somewhere that said Xiao Zhan is like love at first sight, while Yibo is like love that grows over time... or like fine wine... he just keeps getting better and better. :wub: 

They are so fun BTS and in interviews together too! 

That's so true! Loving their interactions off camera, love love love! :wub:

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Just sneaking in to share this video. :)

I like all the interviews and photos from Bazaar.  Yibo looks so fierce in that photoshoot they did.  B)

tumblr_pxvo7wMnVD1yvdrzyo5_1280.jpg 

Speaking of sharing, here's some more random stuff....  :) 

Is it sad that I recognize most if not all of these looks? :ph34r:

ezgif.com-resize91af737fce034b15.gif 

Cr

Yibo was so good as Lan WangJi.  His microexpressions were everything.  

I have to admit, I was pretty shocked to see him BTS at first.  He's like a totally different person!  :rolleyes:

@themarchioness  Is this really how he auditioned for/won the DDU gig??  :lol:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-09-at-5-10-43-AM.png 

Cr

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Haha, I've seen that clip before but not the actual episode so I can't really answer your question with any authority, but yeah, I guess that's how he got the position.  So classic Yibo. :D  

DDU Post 2019-09-30

This is an article by DDU production team on official Weibo about Day Day Brothers. I read through and only understand abit :sweatingbullets:

How Yibo got chosen to be DDBros was that he has the qualities they were looking for... It'll be great if someone could translate parts about Yibo.

15 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Haha, I've seen that clip before but not the actual episode so I can't really answer your question with any authority, but yeah, I guess that's how he got the position.  So classic Yibo. :D  

Classic!  :lol:  I do love how the other DDU brothers treat him.  They tease him (he's such an easy target :P), but not in a malicious way and they're so supportive of everything he does.... even if it's just... speaking words lol.

Since I was thinking about Yibo & Uniq, it reminded me of how the DDU brothers reacted to Yibo speaking Korean. ;)

11 hours ago, Michelleho71 said:

DDU Post 2019-09-30

This is an article by DDU production team on official Weibo about Day Day Brothers. I read through and only understand abit :sweatingbullets:

How Yibo got chosen to be DDBros was that he has the qualities they were looking for... It'll be great if someone could translate parts about Yibo.

Thanks for sharing the article, I've not seen this before. 

I'll translate the parts on YiBo below. Basically, the article says that there has been renewed interest in DDU ever since Wang YiBo became wildly popular this summer. This is especially so because there was a big change in hosts in 2016 (only Wang Han and Qian Feng stayed on) and how the new "brothers" were not looked upon favourably when they joined. There were some intertwining sections with the other hosts, I will just mention if its really relevant. 

----

When YB joined as DDU "brothers", he had zero experience in being a talkshow host even though he debuted as an idol. He was constantly labelled as "cold situation king" (its not easy to translate this, but basically it means that he has that ability to kill off the mood), "human backdrop", "don't know how to speak". However, the producers continued to believe in him, because even though he was not good in communications, he is neither overtly humble nor prideful and has a commanding presence, quick to learn and loves to challenge, he completes each task wonderfully (during the show). The producers sees YB as someone with a "Day Day Up" spirit and can be a role model for young people. 

Now, he has started to show his multi-talented side, due to his exposure on DDU. Since beginning to host on DDU, he has learned how to pilot a plane, chinese opera, skate boarding. Even his biggest love "Motorcycle Riding" was due to meeting Yin Zheng on the set of DDU. 

Wang Han is the oldest and most experienced host on DDU, he treats all "brothers" like his own. When YB became wildly popular, some people started saying that YB is a "traffic celebrity" (people who are just famous for the sake of being famous, has a negative connotation). Wang Han will emphasize and defend that YB is a grounded actor, how is he a "traffic celebrity"? 

In one of the 2016 episode, Wang Han said this to the guest of DDU "When you travel far and wide to chase for your idol, when was the last time you took a close look at your parents and see how they have aged?". Wang YiBo was seen tearing up in the background. 

Summarizing the rest of the article, it basically says that the 2nd generation hosts of DDU have been building rapport along the years and YiBo is cherished by his older brothers. Even now that he has become so popular, DDU is a place to YB where he still meets and plays with old friends from home. 

------

Actually ever since he was popular, many of his fans on weibo feel that he should quit DDU to focus on other areas. Maybe this was written in response to that? 

Sharing a clip below highlighting all the times YB was adorably blunt and says the darnest things on DDU, unfortunately no English subs :dissapointed:

https://m.weibo.cn/5633331833/4405621450901386

On 10/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, nuttyz said:

Sharing a clip below highlighting all the times YB was adorably blunt and says the darnest things on DDU

Thanks for translating!   And for sharing the clip.... I died @ 3:23 when he guessed the poor lady's age. :lol:

I just saw this really sad clip.  Why did someone throw paint/blood on the poor boy?!  How traumatizing it must have been. :(

34 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha Da ZhangWei told YiBo to choose the older types of shirt to wear hahaha what u think it look like on YiBo ;) 

Yibo's still looking good hehe. B)  This looks like a fun episode!  Especially when I saw this clip of Yibo practically dying from laughter. :lol:

I really think that skateboarding is very important to Yibo as it reminds him of his Uniq brothers doing skateboarding together back in the days. They spent days and nights of hardships together for years before their debut, and were restricted not long after that, it's so sad. I guess Yibo is a person that does not forget his "initial heart" "Bu Wang Chu Xin" 不忘初心. I just think that it reminds him of them and Yibo misses them a lot.

He is an introvert, does not like to reveal his hardships and sufferings *me too* *wink-wink*. He just does things quietly. As Huang Zi Tao said on Produce101 that he likes Wang Yibo very much because although very talented but doesn't show off,  man of a few words but speaks with his actions/skills. 不争不抢. Zhang Jie and Show Luo also agree with Zitao.

That's one of the reasons I love this kid... The bloody awesome looking face is a big bonus.

Oh...  and thank goodness for DDU producers and DDU bros endless cue for Yibo to show his known and unknown skills and talents, and for me discovering he's more than a pretty face 

and a random pic of topless 17yo yepo :w00t:

53a3-ifffqup5141487.jpg

Archived